The People's Convention, February and also March 2015 - Foucaulf wins primary. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:38:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Convention, February and also March 2015 - Foucaulf wins primary. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The People's Convention, February and also March 2015 - Foucaulf wins primary.  (Read 9677 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 03, 2015, 04:33:24 PM »

Should the by-laws be temporarily suspended and an open ballot for the Senate endorsement held?

[X] Yes
[  ] No

When is the election? Depending on this it may be that neither DKrol nor Foucaulf would be eligible for automatic endorsement or it might be that they both would be. Either way, it would mean a primary is necessary. Regardless, I support one.

It might be worth amending the by-laws to allow that if a certain percentage of The Party petitions to hold a vote on an otherwise automatically endorsed candidate that such a vote would be held. The sort of farce we saw with JCL imposing himself as the Federalist candidate for President (and perhaps sealing their fate) despite a plurality of the party having voted against endorsing his candidacy must at all costs not be allowed to repeat itself in our Party.

If we want party unity the best way to ensure this is by allowing all voices to be heard before making a choice one way or another; you can even call it democratic centralism if you want! I will say this now, I pledge to vote for whoever The Party votes to nominate in this race, regardless of my own preferences, provided that we hold a vote. I would even vote for Adam Griffin, who kindly took the time to insult me in his speech as some ancillary antagonist whose presence ended got in the way of his personal alliance "with The People" (despite the fact I joined the first incarnation of The Party the day after it was founded and registered in the second before it was even re-formed, which "coincidentally" happened the day I returned), if The Party voted to endorse him. I simply ask that we hold a vote first.

Hold on SimFan. We (Federalists) don't have a provision for an open primary when it comes to the Presidential elections unlike what we do for At-Large Senate races. So my legitimacy was not a farce. Maxwell wasn't a member of the party at the time so he had no right to contest when we had a candidate. Had he joined before the election I do acknowledge he would've gotten the nod and I would've stepped aside (cause he wouldn't accept a conservative VP) but he didn't. He still got half my rightful base in addition to his DR base.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 05:04:07 PM »

Hold on SimFan. We (Federalists) don't have a provision for an open primary when it comes to the Presidential elections unlike what we do for At-Large Senate races. So my legitimacy was not a farce. Maxwell wasn't a member of the party at the time so he had no right to contest when we had a candidate. Had he joined before the election I do acknowledge he would've gotten the nod and I would've stepped aside (cause he wouldn't accept a conservative VP) but he didn't. He still got half my rightful base in addition to his DR base.

My point was that more people voted to endorse Maxwell than they did for you. Regardless of Federalist party rules, you were able to impose your candidacy despite the clear opposition of the majority of the party members who expressed a preference by voting on whom to endorse, even if the vote was not valid. The particulars of your case are not relevant here, its the fact that it could take place at all that is.

I agree with your point. Had the rules been different Max would've had the Feds. I ran because Max chose not to return the favor and name a Federalist as a VP (even though he was a runningmate to a Federalist).  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies