WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH in February!!! Convention (Bylaws Discussion)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:36:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH in February!!! Convention (Bylaws Discussion)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH in February!!! Convention (Bylaws Discussion)  (Read 10186 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2015, 11:10:21 PM »

FEDERALISTS!!!!

I WELCOME YOU TO VIRGINIA BEACH!!! applause

I look out at this crowd and I see a good mix. Old friends and new faces who will one day be old friends as well. I see the history of this Party and the bright future that we will make for it together both old and new. This party has been through a lot and it is easy to say enough's enough and give up for greener pastures. Some have have taken that road and yet many have not. Some of those who have left have left the game entirely and we miss our departed friends dearly and wish for them the very best.

We must commit to ourselves and to our Party the effort and creativity that will restore the Party to a position of strength as a leader of Atlasia's right and as a governing party that can command both the respect and support of Atlasians both right and center, and respect of all Atlasian's as a serious governing Party that can be trusted with the reigns of power. As a Party we have missed opportunities in the past year and we have failed to fully take advantage of the opportunity to present ourselves as an alternative. We concerned ourselves so much with previous disappointments and past actions that we didn't see the path in front of us. We do have to learn from our past but we have to be ready to lead when the moment comes as well if we want to succeed.

I must confess that recently I have been weighing heavily my future. Considering whether or not Atlasia had a place for old Yankee beyond the coming season or two. I have felt fully brunt of having to juggle a physically demanding job whilst also remaining an active part on this site and though my expectation was for a repeat of when I was in school I must say I was in for a rude awakening in that regard. Needless to say I have made my decision. I am going to run for reelection to the Senate.

I encourage other members of the Party to come forward now and make speeches on behalf of our Party and also on behalf of the Potus/Maxwell ticket. Riley is a smart guy who has the potential to be a great President with the strategic ability to not only formulate but also implement a right of center policy agenda. Maxwell has proven in many capacities from turning around the Midwest, to serving as Senator and our former Chairman, to ruling the IDS as Emperor (and I take great pride in calling him that Tongue), and also to nearly handing me my head last June. He will make a great Vice President and once that can help restore the office in the wake of its primary tasks being remoeved a few months back.

Thanks for coming to our beach bash. Now lets PARTY!!!!
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2015, 11:24:18 PM »

I must confess that recently I have been weighing heavily my future. Considering whether or not Atlasia had a place for old Yankee beyond the coming season or two. I have felt fully brunt of having to juggle a physically demanding job whilst also remaining an active part on this site and though my expectation was for a repeat of when I was in school I must say I was in for a rude awakening in that regard. Needless to say I have made my decision. I am going to run for reelection to the Senate.

Best of luck! I know maybe you hate me for going at it, but I think the region will be in decent hands whatever happens.

Cheers.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2015, 11:43:15 PM »

Best of luck! I know maybe you hate me for going at it, but I think the region will be in decent hands whatever happens.

Cheers.

No I don't hate you. If I did, it would be for ditching the Party whilst I lacked internet access (applies to Duke as well), but I couldn't bring myself to do it then, so definately not now. I was SPC's strongest chearleader my first year in Atlasia but he changed parties and then challenged me in October 2010. I still love SPC and wish he hadn't deregistered.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2015, 01:14:00 AM »

I would like to move for a vote to disband the Federalist Party.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2015, 01:17:44 AM »

Cheers.

No I don't hate you. If I did, it would be for ditching the Party whilst I lacked internet access (applies to Duke as well), but I couldn't bring myself to do it then, so definately not now. I was SPC's strongest chearleader my first year in Atlasia but he changed parties and then challenged me in October 2010. I still love SPC and wish he hadn't deregistered.

Please don't hate me for returning to TPP. I didn't know you lacked Internet access at the time, and it was hard to be away from the party that's been the closest thing to a home to me since the RPP died.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2015, 01:20:18 AM »

On The Vote To Disband:
Our party is not dying. It is dead. The infrastructure to turn out voters, to recruit new members, and to make elections competitive is not degraded. It is destroyed. If opinion polls are to be believed, our only elected officers in March will be JCL, NJ Christian, and Cris.

This party had its heyday. It is time to make way for new forces on the Right to take over and reinvigorate our national conversation. That's why I ask for this convention to support the disbandment of the Federalist Party.

Thank you.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2015, 01:22:56 AM »

I was a fool to thing that I could revive this party through sheer force of my own will. That isn't possible. We can revive this Party, I cannot.

I have seen efforts of people who are willing to save this Party and I would rather see this party shrink down to just those members who are concerned and lose those are are ready to give up, then watch as another Party gets demolished under my feet.

If you think this Party is a lost cause then I recommend determining your party affilitation through your own personal volition, and leave us to decide freely whether to push ahead or do likewise.

I will hear no more of this nonesense.

Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2015, 01:30:33 AM »

I was a fool to thing that I could revive this party through sheer force of my own will. That isn't possible. We can revive this Party, I cannot.

I have seen efforts of people who are willing to save this Party and I would rather see this party shrink down to just those members who are concerned and lose those are are ready to give up, then watch as another Party gets demolished under my feet.

If you think this Party is a lost cause then I recommend determining your party affilitation through your own personal volition, and leave us to decide freely whether to push ahead or do likewise.

Yank, I don't want to leave the party. The Federalist Party has been my home since I joined this game. Many people are just like me. They support the Federalist Party, don't want to leave the Feds, but they recognize that it is ineffective and beyond salvage.

If the members of this party wish to preserve the part and give re-invigoration go, they should have the opportunity to. If the party wishes to disband and make way for new parties on the right, I believe they should have their wishes granted.

A straight up-or-down vote on dissolution is all this would take.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2015, 01:32:56 AM »

You guys will have an endorsement vote for President. As former Chairman of this party, I would like to speak my piece in favor of endorsing Maxwell/Dallasfan65.

Dallasfan and I are dedicated to the economic principles set forth by Federalists. We wish to be ever more vigilant in those ideas. I will be as strong as a President as we need to be to fight off the continual movement toward bigger government and weaker individuals.

But even on those things we don't agree on. I'm not a man who is unwilling to listen. I will hear out your concerns, because this isn't just me, this is the seat chosen by the people. I will be unveiling a more broad platform in the next couple of days, and I hope you can join me in this rapid and wonderful journey to the White House.

Thank you for hearing me out.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2015, 01:34:40 AM »

I don't believe in dissolution. I think it seeks to collectively determine the personal decision an individual makes. A 51% majority should not seek to alter the registration of the other 49%. I deeply regret to this day giving into pressure and allowing the dissolution of the RPP to proceed in 2012 I will be damned if I another group of idiots seeks to determine mine or anyone else's registration on their behalf.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2015, 01:43:31 AM »

Yank, I don't want to leave the party. The Federalist Party has been my home since I joined this game. Many people are just like me. They support the Federalist Party, don't want to leave the Feds, but they recognize that it is ineffective and beyond salvage.

If the members of this party wish to preserve the part and give re-invigoration go, they should have the opportunity to. If the party wishes to disband and make way for new parties on the right, I believe they should have their wishes granted.

A straight up-or-down vote on dissolution is all this would take.

We came within inches of having a working majority in the Senate in conjunction with the Presidency. We could have had Cris as an incumbent going into December, but we lost that election. Maybe we would have been more effective if I had hung you by your heels to make a point about the impact of defections (rather blatant in that case), but that is not me and not my style. I believe in freedom of choice. It should be noted that if the energy employed by various people over many months in actions that undermined the Party had worked collaboratively to build it up, the situation would be far less dire now. And if this Party is dissolved, is some of group of them going to suddenly form another part(ies)? If so that begs th question, where was that energy and enegagement when they were here?
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2015, 01:46:01 AM »

Regardless of what anyone thinks of the state of the party and of the benefits or costs of dissolution, I think we should agree that RIGHT NOW is not the best time for it. We're a week away from a major election and just about the WORST thing I can think of is for a massive split in the right to occur when what we need to focus on is electing Federalists. So can we please table this discussion until after the election?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2015, 01:47:32 AM »

You guys will have an endorsement vote for President. As former Chairman of this party, I would like to speak my piece in favor of endorsing Maxwell/Dallasfan65.

Dallasfan and I are dedicated to the economic principles set forth by Federalists. We wish to be ever more vigilant in those ideas. I will be as strong as a President as we need to be to fight off the continual movement toward bigger government and weaker individuals.

But even on those things we don't agree on. I'm not a man who is unwilling to listen. I will hear out your concerns, because this isn't just me, this is the seat chosen by the people. I will be unveiling a more broad platform in the next couple of days, and I hope you can join me in this rapid and wonderful journey to the White House.

Barring more speeches, we will probably start that process tomorrow or Friday. I am heavily leaning towards voting for you guys and probably will absent another unexpected shakeup. Smiley

I think on most areas we do agree when it comes to the majority of policies before the Federal Gov't.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2015, 01:48:37 AM »

Barring more speeches, we will probably start that process tomorrow or Friday. I am heavily leaning towards voting for you guys and probably will absent another unexpected shakeup. Smiley

I think on most areas we do agree when it comes to the majority of policies before the Federal Gov't.

Much appreciated Senator Yankee. And in terms of bills up in the Senate, I think we agree as well.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2015, 01:57:00 AM »

Regardless of what anyone thinks of the state of the party and of the benefits or costs of dissolution, I think we should agree that RIGHT NOW is not the best time for it. We're a week away from a major election and just about the WORST thing I can think of is for a massive split in the right to occur when what we need to focus on is electing Federalists. So can we please table this discussion until after the election?

Indeed, concern about the state of the Party should be focused on improving such during the times when stuff is possible to be done. Namely, during the elections cycle.

Also more then just a Party, we have an obligation as a Party of the right to advance the interests and objectives of a Conservative movement and even if we no longer have a candidate in this election, that includes electing the most Conservative President practical improving the right's position in the Senate.

This Party has always lacked as far back as 2013 a coherent set of motivations for winning elections, beyond just defeating the left. We divided on many issues in that year and that set us down the road to decline ever since. Unity of opinion since then on the major issues has at the same time failed to yieled the proper level of motivation, the same thing I tried to instill late last year. The basics are as easy as can be. Economic formulas that don't stifle growth, a balanced foreign policy, preserving regional influence in as many areas as possible and reforms that serve a purpose and don't cause more harm that good. If you agree with all or most of these basic tenets, but are bored or discouraged then its time to posit ideas on how to better advance them and then put them into action.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2015, 10:12:40 AM »

Given the endorsement vote about to take place I'd also like to say a few words.

I should first get out of that way that on a very large number of issues we don't agree. But that is true for both tickets.

If you voted to endorse the bore/BK ticket you would be backing a ticket that is willing at all times to work with people they, on the surface, disagree with. Former Senator Cassius, Senators Cris and Yankee, and President Lumine can all provide many examples of me working with me to produce bills during their time in the senate, be it by Cassius's public sector strike bill, Yankee's police camera bill, or, and this is telling, the fact that I have personally sponsored most of Lumine's bills, be they the ones to give powers to the SoIA, amendments to the SOAP, or a general support of the repeal and replacement of the Actual End to Imperialism Act. We all worked on those bills, perhaps from differing starting points, to produce something good for atlasia as a whole.

Similarly, I am not a social conservative. That said, I probably am in atlasia's terms Tongue I was a prominent opponent of many of the northeast's radically liberal laws, such as the polygamy and incest ones and have recently opposed a bill that would have allowed public nudity. I, I think like most federalists recognise that the public good is not best served by completely unrestrained freedom. No man, as the saying goes, is an island, and by accepting the fact that sometimes mere verbal consent is not enough (the depressed person who asks to be killed obviously should not, be for instance) we have a richer understanding of true freedom.

Thank you for the opportunity to address this convention.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2015, 03:56:47 PM »

Whatever happens, I won't give up on this party. Take this for granted. It's not been at its best lately, but there's a lot that could be done. Smiley
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2015, 04:25:10 PM »
« Edited: February 12, 2015, 04:30:42 PM by Senator Cris »

At-Large Senator Cris addressing Federalist Convention in Virginia Beach, VA, Mideast.

Good morning Virginia Beach!

I'd like to address the convention on a few things.

First of all, former Secretary of State Potus2036 dropped out of presidential race. Despite the recent events, Potus deserves our applause for what he has done as Secretary of State and for his wonderful presidential campaign!

I think that Potus/Maxwell was the strongest ticket, because it was the unity ticket of the centre-right, open to all independents, others and to all the people of other parties (as TPP) that want a strong choice for the presidency.
Maxwell would be a good president, no doubt on this, but let me to say that it's a little disappointing that the presumed ticket of the centre-right is formed by only D-Rs members.
At the same time, I can't support Bore/Bacon King. All the respect for Senator Bore, but I don't like the recent statements of Senator Bacon King.

About the motion for the dissolving of the party. I think we should face the question after the elections, but at the same time it's necessary to say that our party is in a problematic situation and it's not necessary turn a blind eye.
I don't think that dissolving our party is a good idea, but we'll face the question very soon.

Thank you all.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2015, 04:28:26 PM »

I was a federalist in February 2014 when I was re-elected. Never forget!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2015, 04:31:29 PM »

I was a federalist in February 2014 when I was re-elected. Never forget!
My mistake. Changed Smiley
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2015, 04:55:31 PM »

I don't think we should disband the party. I just joined and was looking forward to getting up and going.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2015, 06:32:50 PM »

Chairman Yankee,

How about a complete reform overhaul including name change? TBH I would never support a disbandment, but it is true that we need to save face. I'd say need to rethink how we do everything. We need a new face. We need a new name. A new party. Saving spirit, but saving face. We need for everyone to come back together. We need to reinvent ourselves. Shave the ideas that we've already tried and form a completely new coalition. From the far right, to the left of centre. In order to change the game, we need to change ourselves.

Thank you.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2015, 06:55:29 PM »

President Lumine speaks to the Convention on February 12thSad

Delegates, officeholders, fellow party members,

This is the third time I have the pleasure of being in a Federalist Convention, the first time as a Senator, the second as a Presidential Candidate, the third as the President of the Republic of Atlasia. I’ve been in this party since May 2014, and during that time I have enjoyed from your support on many races, which culminated with us having won our third presidential victory in October.

And yet, despite our victory, the Federalist Party is facing a crisis. There’s no need to pretend that is not the case, because this crisis has been a rather long one, one that has lasted since I joined the party. Month after month we have suffered blows and losses, and we have not only lost seats but people, very valuable people. I see the merit in taking radical steps to correct this situation, steps at the very least we should be able to discuss in a very open and honest way.

We have been reduced to a point in which the only center-right candidates and officeholders are Democratic-Republicans or independents, and they have achieved that without a major voting base or the commodities offered by a large party, they have done that on sheer effort and hard work. Purpose is not enough; will is what makes a party truly strong. We will never get out of our current predicament if we don’t speak up, if we don’t participate, if we don’t vote and if we don’t run for office.

The left wing dominates Atlasia, but that is not a permanent law. Our own inactivity has made it look like it was the case, and the consequences are clear enough when we get more and more radical legislation, when our friends and fellow party members are dismissed as fascists on a daily basis, when we lack the strength to fight back what could have fought back a few months ago.

I join Senator Cris in stating my misgivings about endorsing a ticket without a member of our party. Maxwell and Bore are great candidates, and yet I believe that as a party we should consider voting for a candidate of our own, even if it is via write-in. We should not go gently down the path of apathy, not in a moment that is so crucial for the future of our nation.

Ladies and gentlemen, I beg of you: whatever the future holds, do not let the center-right wither away and allow the left to dominate Atlasia.

Lumine.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2015, 07:14:31 PM »

Hear! Hear!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2015, 07:39:09 PM »

Fellow Federalists, Mr. President and Mr. Chairman

We as a party are at a crossroads. My colleagues have echoed some serious concerns as to the survival of not just the party but of a center-right, libertarian, and centrist bulwark against the dominance of the Atlasian left.

Wether you're part of the Mainstreet Partnership or the Coolidge Society we all have a shared view on the role of government in the every day lives of fellow Atlasians we rub shoulders with. Fiscal conservatism, Regional rights and an active place in the game for foreign policy. We may quibble on an issue or two but we need to stand together. If we don't, the radical agenda that TNF and his wing of Labor will continue to get cart blanche in government and that is a potentially dangerous if not outright dangerous to the liberties we hold dear.

I respect our D-R friends and their desire for a successful ticket. However not having a Federalist running for President or VP shows serious weakness and I can not accept that in good conscience. So I'm here to announce my candidacy for President of Atlasia. In a show of unity in the party I'd like the party itself to nominate my running mate.

I commend Bore and BK on their service to Atlasia. They are fine public servants and have earned the acclaim and respect they are rightfully due. Needless to say I disagree with many of their policy views and as such we should discuss our ideas publicly and with great civility.

May God and Dave save and bless Atlasia
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies