WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH in February!!! Convention (Bylaws Discussion)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:36:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH in February!!! Convention (Bylaws Discussion)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH in February!!! Convention (Bylaws Discussion)  (Read 10178 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2015, 03:21:54 PM »

I''m quite enjoying Griffin's and Hagrid's alt-history versions of the rise of the D-Rs.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2015, 03:24:07 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2015, 04:05:11 PM »

You're not even a registered voter Tongue
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2015, 04:07:58 PM »

I'm registered to this convention Smiley
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2015, 04:08:33 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2015, 04:11:03 PM by Speaker of the South Maxwell »

I''m quite enjoying Griffin's and Hagrid's alt-history versions of the rise of the D-Rs.

that's why I call him grave robbing Griffin!

And I've been thinking this so I'll say it - I find it a tad disappointing to see JCL abandon someone who has actually put some effort into this game (Poirot) for someone who, seems like a nice guy, has done less so (Devin), solely for reason of having a "moderate party insider".
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2015, 04:21:05 PM »

But you're not a citizen either, I don't think you can vote, or at least not legally.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2015, 04:25:05 PM »

Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2015, 04:37:15 PM »

Ballot:

President:
[1] JCL/Devin
[2] Maxwell/Dallasfan65

Midwest:
[2] Dereich
[1] Cassius

Northeast:
Should we endorse Cinyc for NE Regional Senate?
[X] Yes
[] No
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2015, 04:46:39 PM »

And I've been thinking this so I'll say it - I find it a tad disappointing to see JCL abandon someone who has actually put some effort into this game (Poirot) for someone who, seems like a nice guy, has done less so (Devin), solely for reason of having a "moderate party insider".

It's not just for those reasons Max. There's plans and strategies some are failing to consider. Some of which will be revealed in their due time. Some of which will be to the shock to both right and left.

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2015, 05:04:06 PM »

It's not just for those reasons Max. There's plans and strategies some are failing to consider. Some of which will be revealed in their due time. Some of which will be to the shock to both right and left.

Well, Senator, I will be excited to see them.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2015, 05:07:18 PM »

Well, Senator, I will be excited to see them.

The watch word is a team of rivals.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2015, 06:15:57 PM »

Engagement with other members was a problem with my tenure, yes, and I feel like I didn't do enough to get people in at the regional level. I was too focused on Senate elections and Presidential elections when it turned out to not matter that much if you don't have good people on the ground floor. That was a rookie mistake. And yes, I can attest that Hagrid's influence in the party by my chairmanship was minimal, though ZuWo and Yankee had a much stronger influence, which is where a lot of the power struggles came from.

I think I've always been better in offices than in the party organization.

It's so fun to dig up old corpses and find out what went wrong! (referring to my tenure)

Actually, I felt rather isolated in the party until the latter period of 2013 and part of that was because I kept myself aloof for much the same reason as Duke said about the name earlier, "This is not the RPP" and also I was not thrilled with someone changing my registration for me for the second time (I opposed the merger remember). I never had any desire to lead this party until I began to feel Hagrid was making a mistake regarding the events of 2013 and the effects of the game would be terrible. Even then I figured someone else and maybe Hagrid hismelf would realize this and take a better. I thought your did a good job as a chairman, and yes you had rookie mistakes but your mistake was not in making mistakes but staying in office too short a time to identify, correct and learn from them. You did a hell of a good job in December 2013, I thought.

The problem was that of the big leaders, so many had come to view the others as operating on a different wave length on different sets of issues. THe end result is that most all of them are now no longer Federalists. Typically a split leads to one group leaving whilst the other claims control, here, everyone ended up leaving because the disagreements were over different things. Undrmining each other became the sport of the party and became a regular occurence over the course of 2014. That needs to stop.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2015, 07:07:38 PM »

"This is not the RPP." I forgot a about that greatest hit! Tongue

I never understood the history of the consolidation movement, so I wasn't really able to recognize the threat when it materialized. I came around, but it was too late.

It's interesting that I never really went to you at the beginning, because I did have long, long conversations with Duke (and even Marokai). I think my real desire was to try and make the party something new. Although we didn't unite behind policy, I'm happy that we at least managed to come across (mostly) as the good guys. I should have spoken with you more at the beginning, but all I kept hearing was things about the past, and I wanted to move forward...

And now it's come full circle because I'm the guy who can't stop reminiscing. Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2015, 07:24:33 PM »

I love how, despite it being a completely unintended consequence and the fact that I still stand by the fact that consolidation is necessary for the reasons I have explained a hundred times, that the push managed to fracture and discombobulate the Federalist Party as much as it did. Impressive. The initiating factor was obviously one allied with the purpose behind Operation Rimjob: to tear asunder Napoleon/Wolfentoad's chokehold on the Pacific, and to a lesser degree, on the other regions. For that reason alone, it should have passed with flying colors.

Though perhaps now and looking at the Federalist Party's situation, I might change my decision if I could do it all over again.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2015, 08:58:30 PM »

Ballot:

President:
[X] JCL/Devin
[  ] Maxwell/Dallasfan65

Midwest:
[ ] Dereich
[X] Cassius

Northeast:
Should we endorse Cinyc for NE Regional Senate?
[X] Yes
[  ] No

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2015, 02:07:51 PM »

Why are yall voting? I remember being told in February 2014 I couldnt run in the federalist primary if there was already a federalist ticket on the ballot, so I joined the party.

Shouldn't JCL be the default candidate?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2015, 05:37:49 PM »

Sorry for the interruption but I believe Duke is right:
There is just 1 president and 1 vice president,
So the number doesn't permit the endorsement of non federalist candidates, right???
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2015, 06:34:54 PM »

Well, looks like that's true. Congrats JCL and Devin!
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2015, 07:45:03 PM »

Numbers do permit though, because any number of candidates running to be president will still trigger a vote, per the earlier section in the text with regard to the presidency. I am almost sure we put this in.

And Duke, you were our candidate the first time in spite of the fact that you were an Independent. I thought the only reason you joined was because you felt pressed to make some demonstration of goodwill to the party for the base.

Either way, I've said a million times that someone should really gut the by-laws I wrote. They proved to be cripplingly specific. But I guess it's a bed I don't have to sleep in anymore, so to speak. So best of luck. Tongue
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2015, 07:49:39 PM »

Get a new Chair, and do it soon, before my party has no one left to rationally oppose.

They do not seem interested in this, and I say this with considerable certainty.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2015, 01:20:35 AM »

Get a new Chair, and do it soon, before my party has no one left to rationally oppose.

They do not seem interested in this, and I say this with considerable certainty.

How many people are interested in doing it all themselves? Literally the only thing you can claim I failed at doing was that I did not effectively substitute myself for 100% of the other members. Any party that is structured to run like that is doomed to failure as soon as no one takes up the mantle of leadership, which is quite often because you get burnout and real life contingencies getting in the way.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #121 on: February 19, 2015, 01:23:17 AM »

Numbers do permit though, because any number of candidates running to be president will still trigger a vote, per the earlier section in the text with regard to the presidency. I am almost sure we put this in.

And Duke, you were our candidate the first time in spite of the fact that you were an Independent. I thought the only reason you joined was because you felt pressed to make some demonstration of goodwill to the party for the base.

Either way, I've said a million times that someone should really gut the by-laws I wrote. They proved to be cripplingly specific. But I guess it's a bed I don't have to sleep in anymore, so to speak. So best of luck. Tongue

Yea its time to do just that. Last summer we focused on the platform and October just wasn't practical. I hope that it can be addressed after the election is over in this convention thread.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #122 on: February 19, 2015, 10:59:27 PM »

I was searchin on a one way street, I was looking for a chance to meet...

I was trying to find out why the former clause stipulating specifically for Presidential elections was deleted from the bylaws but I could find nothing in the June 2013 convention about this so I am still at a loss as to how to approach this issue.

I think the best solution here is to go with the Federalists automatically receiving our endorsements but I can really see an argument either way and my preference would be to respect the will of the Party. Some part of me just wants to endorse no one as the safe bet, like Hagrid did for the June 2013 Pacific Senate election but that was a different circumstances. Regardless, of what result I hand down, we have got to have a new bylaw package, particularly on elections and most specifically, we need to have a section for Presidential elections. This set seems heavily designed for Senate obviously to the exclusion of the other races. This shall be our post election priority, to throw out the bylaws and redo them. I will go into my detail later on, but I would like to encourage if not incorporate the caucuses and go after regional level organization (and yes I need leaders willing to stand up in each region).

Anyway without further ado:
President:
JCL ( 5 ): Devin, JoMCar, CelticEmpire, Cassius, JCL
Maxwell ( 7  ): Dkrolga, Cathcon, Foucaulf, Goldwater, SMilo, Pessimistic Antineutrino, Dereich

JCL endorsed as Federalist, I guess

Midwest Senate:
Dereich ( 9 ): Devin, dkrolga, Cathcon, Dereich, Goldwater, SMilo, Pessimistic Antineutrino, Dereich, JoMCar
Cassius ( 3 ): CelticEmpire, Cassius, JCL

Dereich is endorsed for Midwest Senate

Cinyc:
Yes (10): Devin, dkrolga, Cathcon, Goldwater, SMilo, Pessimistic Antineutrino, JoMCar, CelticEmpire, Cassius, JCL
No (2): Foucaulf, Dereich

Cinyc endorsed.

Endorsements:
President - JCL/Devin
Mideast Senate - None
Midwest Senate - Dereich
Northeast Senate - Cinyc
Pacific Senate - None
Southeast Senate - NC Yankee
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #123 on: March 16, 2015, 08:00:50 PM »

So, now that the election round is over, Mr. Chairman, we should be starting the Bylaw and Platform Amendments. We should have the originals first Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2015, 08:52:59 PM »

So, now that the election round is over, Mr. Chairman, we should be starting the Bylaw and Platform Amendments. We should have the originals first Tongue

There is always another round of elections. Case in point, this weekend, but that's okay. Wink

It is funny just how much the world has changed since this convention was started.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies