WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH in February!!! Convention (Bylaws Discussion) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:06:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH in February!!! Convention (Bylaws Discussion) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH in February!!! Convention (Bylaws Discussion)  (Read 10222 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: February 12, 2015, 01:17:44 AM »

I must confess that recently I have been weighing heavily my future. Considering whether or not Atlasia had a place for old Yankee beyond the coming season or two. I have felt fully brunt of having to juggle a physically demanding job whilst also remaining an active part on this site and though my expectation was for a repeat of when I was in school I must say I was in for a rude awakening in that regard. Needless to say I have made my decision. I am going to run for reelection to the Senate.

Best of luck! I know maybe you hate me for going at it, but I think the region will be in decent hands whatever happens.

Cheers.

No I don't hate you. If I did, it would be for ditching the Party whilst I lacked internet access (applies to Duke as well), but I couldn't bring myself to do it then, so definately not now. I was SPC's strongest chearleader my first year in Atlasia but he changed parties and then challenged me in October 2010. I still love SPC and wish he hadn't deregistered.

Please don't hate me for returning to TPP. I didn't know you lacked Internet access at the time, and it was hard to be away from the party that's been the closest thing to a home to me since the RPP died.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 04:28:26 PM »

I was a federalist in February 2014 when I was re-elected. Never forget!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 11:56:41 PM »

Leave the RPP to rest in peace. This party will never be the RPP. The closest thing to it was The People's Party's first run. The RPP had something special about it that hasn't really been replicated since.

The problem with the federalists is lack of engagement. I was a member for a while and I really felt like Yankee and I were the only two people in the party. In private avenues for communication, Yankee and I would talk and no one else would participate. He can't save this party alone. He needs help. The great thing about the RPP was it was full of active members who cared and wanted to make it better.

This party has held the white house for three terms and failed to accomplish anything in those terms. I was almost thrown out rather than being embraced, and I wrote my own bills and did everything separate from the Federalist Party, and while I can't really speak for lumine, but I haven't seen a big federalist engagement with his presidency either. Granted, having like 2 senate seats doesn't help either.

But if this party wants to continue, help Yankee. He seems to be the only one with the passion to keep it going, and I know he can't do it alone.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 12:15:31 AM »

Leave the RPP to rest in peace. This party will never be the RPP. The closest thing to it was The People's Party's first run. The RPP had something special about it that hasn't really been replicated since.

The problem with the federalists is lack of engagement. I was a member for a while and I really felt like Yankee and I were the only two people in the party. In private avenues for communication, Yankee and I would talk and no one else would participate. He can't save this party alone. He needs help. The great thing about the RPP was it was full of active members who cared and wanted to make it better.

This party has held the white house for three terms and failed to accomplish anything in those terms. I was almost thrown out rather than being embraced, and I wrote my own bills and did everything separate from the Federalist Party, and while I can't really speak for lumine, but I haven't seen a big federalist engagement with his presidency either. Granted, having like 2 senate seats doesn't help either.

But if this party wants to continue, help Yankee. He seems to be the only one with the passion to keep it going, and I know he can't do it alone.

You objective with the TPP in its first run may have been so, but only engulfing the right would have made it so and that didn't happen. The RPP was never any thing but a right of center Party and the TPP has always acclaimed to be centrist far more like the NLC and DA then the RPP.

I was mainly talking about the sense of community more than ideology. The RPP was so great because of the people in the party and those who worked to make it so much fun. The forums were always active and it was never a one man operation.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 06:13:41 PM »

Actually you guys still do. Unless rules have changed since I've left the party, you can actually endorse someone not in the party. Duke was an independent when he ran with the backing of the federalist party, and he would've beaten Spamage for it probably had Spamage not dropped out.

No. I would've lost to Spammage had he remained in the race. I think polls showed me trailing him by a large margin.

I did almost lose to Naso too had it not been for a last minute plea and some changing of votes last minute to push Matt and me over the edge.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 02:07:51 PM »

Why are yall voting? I remember being told in February 2014 I couldnt run in the federalist primary if there was already a federalist ticket on the ballot, so I joined the party.

Shouldn't JCL be the default candidate?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies