WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH in February!!! Convention (Bylaws Discussion) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:07:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH in February!!! Convention (Bylaws Discussion) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH in February!!! Convention (Bylaws Discussion)  (Read 10215 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« on: February 12, 2015, 01:32:56 AM »

You guys will have an endorsement vote for President. As former Chairman of this party, I would like to speak my piece in favor of endorsing Maxwell/Dallasfan65.

Dallasfan and I are dedicated to the economic principles set forth by Federalists. We wish to be ever more vigilant in those ideas. I will be as strong as a President as we need to be to fight off the continual movement toward bigger government and weaker individuals.

But even on those things we don't agree on. I'm not a man who is unwilling to listen. I will hear out your concerns, because this isn't just me, this is the seat chosen by the people. I will be unveiling a more broad platform in the next couple of days, and I hope you can join me in this rapid and wonderful journey to the White House.

Thank you for hearing me out.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 01:48:37 AM »

You guys will have an endorsement vote for President. As former Chairman of this party, I would like to speak my piece in favor of endorsing Maxwell/Dallasfan65.

Dallasfan and I are dedicated to the economic principles set forth by Federalists. We wish to be ever more vigilant in those ideas. I will be as strong as a President as we need to be to fight off the continual movement toward bigger government and weaker individuals.

But even on those things we don't agree on. I'm not a man who is unwilling to listen. I will hear out your concerns, because this isn't just me, this is the seat chosen by the people. I will be unveiling a more broad platform in the next couple of days, and I hope you can join me in this rapid and wonderful journey to the White House.

Thank you for hearing me out.

Barring more speeches, we will probably start that process tomorrow or Friday. I am heavily leaning towards voting for you guys and probably will absent another unexpected shakeup. Smiley

I think on most areas we do agree when it comes to the majority of policies before the Federal Gov't.

Much appreciated Senator Yankee. And in terms of bills up in the Senate, I think we agree as well.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 07:45:57 PM »

Federalist Convention probably automatically endorses JCL, but if I could make remarks.

I have done more to advance Federalist policy in Atlasia than just about anyone in the game. I have a domestic platform that calls for the things you support. I know JCL, he's a man of strong principle, but I feel you need someone who can get things done. I've represented the Federalist Party many a time, and I hope you at least consider opening up the nominating process to an old fellow who has done the party good in the past.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 04:10:41 PM »

Actually you guys still do. Unless rules have changed since I've left the party, you can actually endorse someone not in the party. Duke was an independent when he ran with the backing of the federalist party, and he would've beaten Spamage for it probably had Spamage not dropped out.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 08:35:25 AM »
« Edited: February 16, 2015, 10:52:21 AM by Speaker of the South Maxwell »

Engagement with other members was a problem with my tenure, yes, and I feel like I didn't do enough to get people in at the regional level. I was too focused on Senate elections and Presidential elections when it turned out to not matter that much if you don't have good people on the ground floor. That was a rookie mistake. And yes, I can attest that Hagrid's influence in the party by my chairmanship was minimal, though ZuWo and Yankee had a much stronger influence, which is where a lot of the power struggles came from.

I think I've always been better in offices than in the party organization.

It's so fun to dig up old corpses and find out what went wrong! (referring to my tenure)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 04:08:33 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2015, 04:11:03 PM by Speaker of the South Maxwell »

I''m quite enjoying Griffin's and Hagrid's alt-history versions of the rise of the D-Rs.

that's why I call him grave robbing Griffin!

And I've been thinking this so I'll say it - I find it a tad disappointing to see JCL abandon someone who has actually put some effort into this game (Poirot) for someone who, seems like a nice guy, has done less so (Devin), solely for reason of having a "moderate party insider".
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 05:04:06 PM »

I''m quite enjoying Griffin's and Hagrid's alt-history versions of the rise of the D-Rs.

that's why I call him grave robbing Griffin!

And I've been thinking this so I'll say it - I find it a tad disappointing to see JCL abandon someone who has actually put some effort into this game (Poirot) for someone who, seems like a nice guy, has done less so (Devin), solely for reason of having a "moderate party insider".

It's not just for those reasons Max. There's plans and strategies some are failing to consider. Some of which will be revealed in their due time. Some of which will be to the shock to both right and left.

Well, Senator, I will be excited to see them.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 06:34:54 PM »

Well, looks like that's true. Congrats JCL and Devin!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies