Democratic-Republican Party Convention, February 2015
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:42:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic-Republican Party Convention, February 2015
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Democratic-Republican Party Convention, February 2015  (Read 1946 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 07, 2015, 09:58:07 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Previous Conventions:
December 2014
October 2014
August 2014
June 2014
April 2014
February 2014
December 2013

Members, please sign in below.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 09:58:32 PM »

X Spiral
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 10:28:05 PM »

x Maxwell

Gentlemen, it is an honor to be a part of this great organization, and prepare for my remarks later on.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 10:58:32 PM »

x shua
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 10:51:17 AM »

It looks like there is a quorum (33% of 10), so let's begin.

I'll be taking nominations for Chairman and Vice Chairman.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 11:01:44 AM »

I nominate Spiral for Chairman.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 05:10:08 PM »

I accept the nomination.

I nominate Maxwell for Vice Chairman.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 05:25:09 PM »

I accept.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 05:28:05 PM »

X MadmanMotley
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 09:12:40 AM »

X Dallasfan65

Seconding the nominations of Spiral and Maxwell to Chairman and Vice Chairman.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 11:26:13 AM »

Ballot for Chairman
[ ] Spiral
[ ] WI: _________

Ballot for Vice Chairman
[ ] Maxwell

You guys have 72 Hours to vote.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 11:34:29 AM »

Ballot for Chairman
X] Spiral

Ballot for Vice Chairman
[X] Maxwell
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 04:28:10 PM »

Ballot for Chairman
X] Spiral

Ballot for Vice Chairman
[X] Maxwell
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2015, 07:32:55 PM »

X BaconBacon96

Ballot for Chairman
[X] Spiral

Ballot for Vice Chairman
[X] Maxwell
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2015, 01:35:19 PM »

If the party gets around to endorsements before the election, I would appreciate your endorsement for Northeast Senate.  While we might not agree on everything, I am an economic conservative who believes in free markets and economic deregulation.  I also believe in regional rights and decentralization.

Thank you for your consideration.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2015, 02:49:06 PM »

Ballot for Chairman
X] Spiral

Ballot for Vice Chairman
[X] Maxwell
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2015, 02:54:56 PM »

the vote has ended, and Spiral and Maxwell have been re-elected Chairman and Vice Chairman respectively. An endorsement vote will come later today, along with speeches from the parties Presidential and Vice Presidential nominees.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2015, 08:45:04 PM »
« Edited: February 15, 2015, 08:49:11 PM by Speaker of the South Maxwell »

Speaker Maxwell's address to the Democratic-Republican Convention

Chairman Spiral and the members of this party, I accept the nomination of this party, and chose to lead it into the future with grace and diligence. In Atlasia, we face an uphill battle - massive inflation, high unemployment, and a sense that our countries next generation won't bare the same fruits that previous generations gave. I'm here to say with the leadership of this administration, that will change.

Too long we've seen an atmosphere of toxicity in Nyman, where partisans bicker over how much more Government intrusion into the lives of our citizens they want. It's time we took a serious look at how far we've come and draw some lines in the sand and say enough is enough. Atlasian citizens are a hardworking group, coming up with innovations because they know how to. We need to allow their spirit and ethic to flourish.

As President of this great nation, I would make sure that we have a sound system, where students are given a good education, businesses can flourish, and our nation is safe from those who wish to bring it harm. And unlike many candidates, my belief is that these things can be accomplished without a sweeping socialization of our nation. It can be accomplished by giving businesses the opportunity to flourish, giving parents to right to choose, and acting diplomatically across the world without a warriors heart or Teddy Roosevelt's thunderous voice.

In addition to all this, I plan to fight for the rights of the regions, and their ability to make decisions. Nyman politicians constantly scheme their ways to more power, by cutting off decision making to the regions. That is the wrong way to go, my friends. We need to re-evaluate the way we make decisions, that's why, as President, I will push for a commission, to look at which issues we decide at a regional level and which we decide on a federal level. This will add layers to the game and make regions more meaningful.

As Emperor of the IDS and Governor of the Midwest, I battled the inactivity of regions, and came to the discovery of my support for regional empowerment. As the executive in both of those regions, I fought for a functioning Government that encourages innovation instead of taxation, and I believe I succeeded as a pragmatic leader. As an At-Large Senator, I saw Senators of all parties, unwilling to budge on their habits, and yet, I fought that with all of my heart, and we passed some of the largest reductions in Nyman government we've seen in a long time, ending the wasteful farm subsidies programs.

In this fight for President, I originally ran with Riley, a federalist, because I believed in electability. When I left that in a blaze, I realized that I had not fully enjoyed the game I wanted to enjoy. This was a shame. So in my pick of Vice President, I wanted someone who wouldn't just be an electoral asset, but someone I consider a friend and someone who is truly with me in the cause of a better Atlasia. Dallasfan65 is a storied veteran, with highs and lows, but most importantly, he wants to go where I want to go - a real change in the way things are done in Atlasian Government.

We need real change, not change of the kind they give in long speeches, but change that can be felt from sea to shining sea, where people benefit and grow from it, and where future generations are given a chance at the Atlasian Dream. Join us in this fight, and we promise you won't regret it, no matter the outcome.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2015, 11:26:16 PM »

Greetings to my fellow party-mates.

In case there was any doubt left by Maxwell's speech, I would just like to reiterate the need for us to have our party's support in this election.

I "founded" this party on a whim back in the Summer of 2013. As I've mentioned before, this party has well exceeded my expectations. Since our creation, we managed to elect an At-Large Senator numerous times, have won the Governorship in a majority of regions, and we were part of a presidential ticket that nearly won. Since our halcyon days in the Spring of 2014 we've been on a bit of a decline, but I do not believe this to be a permanent trajectory.

Ultimately, this party is only as good as those who comprise it, and will only run as hard as we do. Maxwell nearly got elected to the Senate as a write-in in December. Spiral stands a fair shot at beating windjammer this election. I think there's still great potential in this party, despite the drought that we've encountered. Perhaps the best testament to that is the election that lies before us: a week ago, polls showed bore clobbering Riley. Now, polls seem to indicate that it's a close race. I readily understand that Atlasian polling is unreliable, but we can atleast use these two samples as a control.

Setting all of that aside, I would not like to use the argument of "we can win" as the sole source of persuasion for this party's endorsement, since that line of reasoning has always been lost on me. I would much rather earn the support of this party on the merits of our accomplishments. So, without further ado, I'd like to talk a bit about that.

Maxwell inherited an inert region in the Midwest, and turned it into a vibrant one. As part of his tenure, he facilitated an overhaul of the Midwest's Constitution and also created an actual budget. Maxwell would later go on to get elected At-Large Senator, and work with TNF to vastly liberalize our drug laws - which is an integral part of our platform. He would also establish ambitious legislation to phase out perverse agricultural subsidies. Improving upon that, Maxwell would get elected Governor in the Southeast, and pursued criminal justice reform and a slew of other initiatives. That's no mean feat.

Not to gloat too much, but I have accomplishments of my own. As Northeast Governor, I liberalized our sex offender laws and our public intoxication laws. No longer does one in the Northeast have to take a leak or be drunk in public and fear the heavy hand of law enforcement. As Northeast Governor, I spearheaded efforts to legalize commercial drones in our region. With simple innovation, shipping and handling may be both quicker and cheaper than ever. As Northeast Governor, I was a leader in equipping police officers with wearable cameras, as part of an initiative to cut down on police brutality and make our criminal justice system a little less opaque.

Bore is an accomplished statesman, and it would be impossible to try and diminish his contributions toward Atlasia. It would be unsportsmanlike to try. However, I would like to offer the argument that our case is a bit better. Smiley
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2015, 12:03:10 AM »

And we are accepting speeches from candidates who wish to accept our endorsements. Spiral automatically receives the party endorsement.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2015, 02:05:27 AM »

Good Eve err Morning Freedom Loving Members of the Democratic-Republican Party,

I come before you to humbly ask for your endorsement in the Regional Senate Election in the Glorious land of the South (formerly known as the IDS).

We have worked together on numerous issues over the past year and a half be it with Senator shua on healthcare and the minimum wage, to Senator Spiral on Senate rules. I have supported efforts to reform our prisons, decriminalize and even legalize certain drugs and pursue a balanced foreign police that avoids conflict as much as possible unless absolutely necessary. As PPT worked I kept the door open to third partiers and their bills including those of the two mentioned above. I have continued even long after I have left that position to seek to preserve such access in the new rules that have since been adopted.

It is my earnest wish to be able to continue to work with the members of this glorious party over the next four months. We must work to encourage the regions to take full advantage of the terms of the healthcare law passed last June so as to finally bring competition for the first time in five years. We need to get a handle on policies like the minimum wage either with a phased removal and replacing of it or at the very least a stabilization period so business can adjust (Nyman likes to continuously alter these statutes every nine months), and we need to find away to formulate a multi-partisan reform that empowers and strengthens regional activity as a key objective and centerpiece. At the very least we must continue to let regions take the lead on controversial social issues for as was noted by many even some Laborites, there is very little that the Regions can control exclusively save their own budget and there again what tax or spending project do they have that the Federal Gov't can't also take a slice of action on? We must find a means by which to change this in order for a sustained revival of interest and activity to occur at both levels of gov't here in Atlasia.

I thank you for your time and hope that if not through this then through subsequent questioning that I will be able to earn your support and your votes.

Thanks.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2015, 04:13:19 PM »

Thank you Yankee for that engaging speech, we will certainly keep that in mind when it comes down to our votes.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2015, 05:05:20 PM »

We will hold a vote on endorsements TONIGHT, so last call for candidates in potential offices to speak.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2015, 10:57:23 PM »

Members you have 72 Hours to vote on endorsements

Presidential Endorsements
Maxwell/Dallasfan is automatically endorsed!

Senate Endorsements

Mideast
Spiral is automatically endorsed!

Midwest
[ ] TNF
[ ] Dereich
[ ] Cassius

Northeast
[ ] Talleyrand
[ ] Cinyc
[ ] MattVT

IDS