Kurdish Solidarity Act of 2014 (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:34:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Kurdish Solidarity Act of 2014 (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kurdish Solidarity Act of 2014 (Passed)  (Read 6433 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: February 08, 2015, 03:08:01 PM »

I can assure that if confirmed as GM, I will not forget to adress the Kurdish issue in developments from the region.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 07:57:04 AM »

The idea I can understand and I support the Kurds on their struggle against ISIS, although like Cranberry I have my concerns. First because, like it or not, the Kurdish Workers Party has been consistently engaged in acts of terrorism against civilians in Turkey and their current fights across Syria don't precisely erase that situation.

Second, we're completely ignoring Iraq here and I think that's were the real potential for the Kurds lies. Let's not forget that Iraq is now currently ruled by a Kurdish General (check Simfan's GM thread for that information) and the Kurdish forces there. If anything, I believe the Senate should consider giving its support to the peshmerga instead of pushing for the creation a Kurdish state ruled by the PPK without even consulting other nations. In that sense, Cranberry is right that it would be better to push for negotiations between Turkey, Iraq and other nations in the region, something that could be accomplished according to the plans of the Secretary of State.

An annoying thing is, of course, that old GM threads are being spreaded all across the board. Of course we couldn't keep them sticked, but some index of links would be extremely helpful.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 06:15:11 AM »

If I may add my two cents, I think we should focus first and foremost on aiding Kurdish fighters in Iraq and Syria - especially Iraq, where Kurds and the Sunnis are basically holding together what is left from the Republic of Iraq. Literally the last thing we need is to be in conflict with Turkey over this.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 11:06:26 AM »

We really need to pass a workable bill to deal with the deepening Iraqi crisis.

Literally, the last thing we need are hardliners in Ankara succeeding in preassuring their superiors to launch an intervention in Northern Iraq (check GM thread).

I very much like the ideals of an original version, but realistically speaking, our priority must be to help the Iraqi Kurds hold on.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 06:01:32 AM »

I continue to believe this does not go far enough in advocating for the Kurdish people's right to self-determination.

Nay.

OK, let's do nothing then and let then face ISIS and IRI alone Roll Eyes
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 06:52:08 AM »

Finally!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies