2015 Grammys...Best Rap Album
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:18:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2015 Grammys...Best Rap Album
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of these do you think was the best rap album of the year last year?
Iggy Azaelea - The New Classic

Childish Gambino - Because The Internet

Common - Nobody's Smiling

Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP2

Schoolboy Q - Oxymoron

Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 12

Author Topic: 2015 Grammys...Best Rap Album  (Read 780 times)
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 09, 2015, 06:45:47 PM »

Obviously Because The Internet should have won the Grammy, as it was one of the greatest rap albums to come out in the past few years. Oxymoron or Blacc Hollywood could have won as well, but for real? Eminem? And Beck? What year is it? 2005?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 06:48:19 PM »

Eminem? And Beck? What year is it? 2005?

I don't understand what the year has to do with anything. Creative fecundity lasting a decade is admirable and wouldn't be particularly confusing in any other industry.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 08:57:55 PM »

I don't understand what the year has to do with anything. Creative fecundity lasting a decade is admirable and wouldn't be particularly confusing in any other industry.

Eminem's LP wasn't better than the three I listed in my OP. He won it solely for being Eminem, and I'll put full stock in that statement. Beck's LP wasn't bad, but it wasn't the best album of the year, certainly not the best of that group. Ed Sheeran and Beyonce put out way better records than did Beck. Don't get me wrong, I have immense respect for both Eminem and Beck for what they've done musically, but to call them the best in their respective categories makes it seem more like the committee handed out awards based on lifetime achievement, not the records at hand.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 09:11:10 PM »

Eminem's LP wasn't better than the three I listed in my OP. He won it solely for being Eminem, and I'll put full stock in that statement. Beck's LP wasn't bad, but it wasn't the best album of the year, certainly not the best of that group. Ed Sheeran and Beyonce put out way better records than did Beck. Don't get me wrong, I have immense respect for both Eminem and Beck for what they've done musically, but to call them the best in their respective categories makes it seem more like the committee handed out awards based on lifetime achievement, not the records at hand.

That makes sense, and in the case of Eminem I totally agree, it's just that the way you said it made it sound like you were saying that there's some sort of expiration date on this sort of thing, and I think that's a kind of pernicious attitude (although one that's very common in the music industry).
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 09:33:12 PM »

That makes sense, and in the case of Eminem I totally agree, it's just that the way you said it made it sound like you were saying that there's some sort of expiration date on this sort of thing, and I think that's a kind of pernicious attitude (although one that's very common in the music industry).

Nah that was more of a joke than anything else haha
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 03:36:47 PM »

Best Hip-Hop album of 2014 (Run The Jewels 2) wasn't even nominated.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 03:43:52 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2015, 03:46:03 PM by IDS Speaker Maxwell »

Best Hip-Hop album of 2014 (Run The Jewels 2) wasn't even nominated.

Yes, and this is a pretty bad list, but of these, easily Common's Nobody's Smiling (his best album since Be, but that's not saying much). "The Neighborhood" is one of the five best rap songs (not rapped by Young Thug) of 2014, though, so that alone makes Nobody's Smiling worth a listen

Childish Gambino has gone from downright awful to meh, which is a huge improvement but he's still not worth listening to.

Iggy Azalea is the worst rapper in history so yeah, no.

Eminem has gone from using f-ed up punchlines to create an image of a psychopath to using really dated punchlines to show he's an old person who hates youngsters. Awful.

Schoolboy Q is actually a great rapper, too bad Oxymoron is most boringest, rap albumest rap album I've heard in a while. What a shame.

And Wiz Khalifa? in 2014? Being good? lol what a joke. Get me a time machine and play me some Kush and OJ and that MAY have deserved a grammy.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 09:08:00 PM »

Anything besides Iggy Azalea.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies