DEEPLY DISTURBING (TM): A. STMARKEN EDITION
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:17:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DEEPLY DISTURBING (TM): A. STMARKEN EDITION
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DEEPLY DISTURBING (TM): A. STMARKEN EDITION  (Read 3526 times)
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 10, 2015, 03:27:20 PM »

Nothing new to say...

I feel it would be inappropriate to post anymore in the Vice Presidential debate, but I think the number of posts, or lack thereof, from Senator Bacon King speak for itself.

While Senator Bore is actively impeaching my running mate for inactivity, his own Vice Presidential candidate has all but abandoned the role he was elected by the voters to do. Showing up only for votes, adding little to the debate, and throughout the campaign for a new office (!!!) has been COMPLETELY absent, Senator Bacon King is letting voters know his work ethic in office, whether he gets the big promotion to his fourth time as Vice President or not.

I wish Potus had done more piecemeal things to keep up the looks activity, but I'm glad he took a different, more constructive route of making big foreign policy decisions with the role. I have yet to see the same initiative with Senator BK, and I hope if bore is consistent in his views on inactivity, he drop BK from the ticket and pick someone who will add to the game instead of rest on their laurels and hope their likability saves them.

If you make this a referendum on the hypocrisy of Nyman politicians, then you have no other choice in this election. Potus/Maxwell, over and out.

*drops mic*
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 03:39:49 PM »

I just logged on to respond to a few PMs but I really must point out that what's DEEPLY DISTURBING is that the Federalist ticket has an unstable convicted felon campaigning for them.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 03:44:31 PM »

I feel it would be inappropriate to post anymore in the Vice Presidential debate, but I think the number of posts, or lack thereof, from Senator Bacon King speak for itself.

While Senator Bore is actively impeaching my running mate for inactivity, his own Vice Presidential candidate has all but abandoned the role he was elected by the voters to do. Showing up only for votes, adding little to the debate, and throughout the campaign for a new office (!!!) has been COMPLETELY absent, Senator Bacon King is letting voters know his work ethic in office, whether he gets the big promotion to his fourth time as Vice President or not.

I wish Potus had done more piecemeal things to keep up the looks activity, but I'm glad he took a different, more constructive route of making big foreign policy decisions with the role. I have yet to see the same initiative with Senator BK, and I hope if bore is consistent in his views on inactivity, he drop BK from the ticket and pick someone who will add to the game instead of rest on their laurels and hope their likability saves them.

If you make this a referendum on the hypocrisy of Nyman politicians, then you have no other choice in this election. Potus/Maxwell, over and out.

*drops mic*

I don't think anyone is happy about potus not being visibly active (let alone, no doubt, himself). If he was having trouble doing things without the GM he should have publicly posted that to inform all citizens. From the perspective of normal atlasia citizens he did disappear for 5 weeks, which is something that we should not tolerate.

However, and this is to me the important point, we have  very good reason to believe that he was trying (by, for instance, PMs) to be active but circumstances, mainly the GM's resignation and the focus on the budget stopped him. There is no doubt that he should have posted a small news story, or involved himself in the foreign affairs section of the budget, or at least informed the public of his difficulties. But the fact that Potus was, unlike so many recent cabinet members, trying, however unsuccessfully, to be involved means I won't be voting for his impeachment.

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 03:47:21 PM »

I didn't see that post until after I made my rant, so I'm glad he said that.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 03:47:39 PM »

It is indeed Deeply Disturbing that a potential Vice President of Atlasia does not even do his opponents the basic courtesy of representing their positions.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 03:50:00 PM »

It is indeed Deeply Disturbing that a potential Vice President of Atlasia does not even do his opponents the basic courtesy of representing their positions.

The point still stands that you have someone on your ticket who is looking for a promotion while not doing the job they already have.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 03:50:34 PM »

Maxwell, why are you defending Riley while condemning Bacon King?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 03:52:52 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2015, 03:56:33 PM by IDS Speaker Maxwell »

My post makes that wildly clear. Riley was at least trying to make important decisions. The Senator has not done the same. Riley has at least done the voters the courtesy of showing up on the campaign trail, giving people ideas to think about, and making the Presidential campaign about something.

That is how I defend Riley while condemning Bacon King.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 03:55:05 PM »

My post makes that wildly clear. Riley was at least trying to make important decisions. The Senator has not done the same.

As someone who is trying/tried to impeach both, I have to say that being inactive for a week is still less "bad" than being inactive for a month Tongue.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 03:55:33 PM »

I just logged on to respond to a few PMs but I really must point out that what's DEEPLY DISTURBING is that the Federalist ticket has an unstable convicted felon campaigning for them.

If you are talking about the ghosts... you really have no sense of humor Roll Eyes
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 04:10:59 PM »

The point still stands that you have someone on your ticket who is looking for a promotion while not doing the job they already have.

Except without the complete distortion of my position (and I accept your apology) the point does not stand. Your charge in the diatribe quoted (Personally I think a VP candidate who makes a big deal of his own activity should at least read the relevant senate thread before posting) is that I am a hypocrite. And I am clearly not.

And, leaving aside the dubious claim that the VP is a promotion from the senate (which given the lack of power the position has probably isn't true), they are very different roles, which require very different characteristics. We all know from experience that you can be an inactive governor of, say, the mideast and an active president, an inactive attorney general and an active Vice President. Bacon King's tenure as a senator, as I'm sure he would agree, has not been what was hoped for (although he has been not even been close to being the worst senator in my time in the senate) but I remain confident he fulfill the role of VP well.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 04:18:59 PM »

Except without the complete distortion of my position (and I accept your apology) the point does not stand. Your charge in the diatribe quoted (Personally I think a VP candidate who makes a big deal of his own activity should at least read the relevant senate thread before posting) is that I am a hypocrite. And I am clearly not.

And, leaving aside the dubious claim that the VP is a promotion from the senate (which given the lack of power the position has probably isn't true), they are very different roles, which require very different characteristics. We all know from experience that you can be an inactive governor of, say, the mideast and an active president, an inactive attorney general and an active Vice President. Bacon King's tenure as a senator, as I'm sure he would agree, has not been what was hoped for (although he has been not even been close to being the worst senator in my time in the senate) but I remain confident he fulfill the role of VP well.

I quite like the sneaky snipes you make at both myself and Potus, and to clear the record, I abruptly apologized for my inactivity as Attorney General and resigned as soon as I knew it was a problem. And another thing in the "clearing the record" column, I am not a part of the Senate, so it's not within my current purview, but it has been a choice of mine to try to keep up with the discussion, and it was foolish of me to overlook such a crucial post before writing a rant.

And I'll admit, people perform differently in different roles, but another decent indicator of future performance is the campaign. And the record isn't good there - besides an introductory statement, I've seen little of Bacon King. In nearly a week of debate, we've seen NOTHING from the Senator. If he's elected Vice President and things turn out differently, great, I'd love it, but this shouldn't be confidence inspiring to anyone, even the most loyal supporters of your campaign.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 04:27:05 PM »

I quite like the sneaky snipes you make at both myself and Potus, and to clear the record, I abruptly apologized for my inactivity as Attorney General and resigned as soon as I knew it was a problem. And another thing in the "clearing the record" column, I am not a part of the Senate, so it's not within my current purview, but it has been a choice of mine to try to keep up with the discussion, and it was foolish of me to overlook such a crucial post before writing a rant.

And I'll admit, people perform differently in different roles, but another decent indicator of future performance is the campaign. And the record isn't good there - besides an introductory statement, I've seen little of Bacon King. In nearly a week of debate, we've seen NOTHING from the Senator. If he's elected Vice President and things turn out differently, great, I'd love it, but this shouldn't be confidence inspiring to anyone, even the most loyal supporters of your campaign.

I didn't think the snipes were especially sneaky Tongue

Yes you have the right not to keep up with the senate, of course you do. No one is saying you don't. But if you want to hold forth on what's happening in the senate you should at least have a rudimentary awareness of what it is you are holding forth on. I don't know anything about the politics of Medieval Spain, but if I wanted to write an essay about them you can be sure I'd read books about it. Still, I'm glad you've apologised, and we can put this behind us now Tongue

I'm not Bacon King's keeper, but I will note that he made a very useful and detailed contribution early this morning to the senate, so I remain confident he will be an responsible VP.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 04:56:27 PM »

I didn't think the snipes were especially sneaky Tongue

Yes you have the right not to keep up with the senate, of course you do. No one is saying you don't. But if you want to hold forth on what's happening in the senate you should at least have a rudimentary awareness of what it is you are holding forth on. I don't know anything about the politics of Medieval Spain, but if I wanted to write an essay about them you can be sure I'd read books about it. Still, I'm glad you've apologised, and we can put this behind us now Tongue

I'm not Bacon King's keeper, but I will note that he made a very useful and detailed contribution early this morning to the senate, so I remain confident he will be an responsible VP.

It's nice he did that I guess, but I feel this gets to the root of the problem we see with the Atlasian Senate and the rest of us. Senators are involved in their own world, and we are not the better for it. One thing I like about Senator Cris' tenure is his consistent updating of what is happening in Nyman. It's refreshing, and I wish more Senators made that effort.

The point being, I wish Senator Bacon King would join me in the discussion of the issues. It makes the game more interesting than me making diatribes against you and the Senators campaign.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 05:14:02 PM »

one would think that having an active president is substantially more important than having an active vice president…
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 05:41:57 PM »

Bacon King deserves criticism for his inactivity, but at least he didn't completely abandon his post for an entire month.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 05:44:38 PM »

To be honest, a lot of Atlasia Vice Presidents were quite inactive.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, 05:47:14 PM »

To be honest, a lot of Atlasia Vice Presidents were quite inactive.

Yes. But that is why we need a change from the status quo!
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, 07:22:35 PM »

Can we not?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 10:12:15 PM »

I'm beginning to think that we'd be better off just calling the February elections off.

Why?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2015, 08:40:31 AM »

I'm beginning to think that we'd be better off just calling the February elections off.

I absolutely agree. Just give the GM dictatorial powers in absence of an elected government and all will be just fine Wink
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies