This is why I'm about to quit Atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:22:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  This is why I'm about to quit Atlasia
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: This is why I'm about to quit Atlasia  (Read 1615 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 11, 2015, 02:13:51 AM »
« edited: February 12, 2015, 03:17:54 PM by Gustaf »

This post has been edited to remove Windjammer's creepy PM, since posting PMs is indeed against the rules. This is a bit tentative since Windjammer has elected himself to post a bunch of PMs from the same conversation.

Note that I decided to not remove the thread since it seems to have discussion that may be important in some sense.

Also, chillax people.

All of the above is a message from your unfriendly neighborhood moderator.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 02:16:39 AM »

On the advice of Adam Griffin I'm going to sleep on it before rashly deregistering
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 02:27:47 AM »

This is why I think EVERYONE needs to take an enormous f***ing step back and think.

Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 03:03:13 AM »

This is why I think EVERYONE needs to take an enormous f***ing step back and think.

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 03:12:18 AM »
« Edited: February 11, 2015, 03:14:39 AM by IDS Speaker Maxwell »

I wasn't sure of the extent of things (though I knew windjammer had been a tad pushy, but that's windy). If I helped to push you over the edge, you have my apologies. Sincerely.

This is a game about enjoyment. If you don't enjoy it, I understand leaving. But I do think the whole impeachment thing has gone far enough, on all sides.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 06:03:54 AM »

Don't make a rash decision. Take some time to ask yourself whether you still like being part of the game or not. If the final answer is no, then yes, it could be a good idea to deregister. I have temporarily deregistered as well and never regretted it. Deregistering is a very radical step, though, and there may be other steps you can take to enjoy the game more.

It goes without saying that you have a lot to offer to the game. To bring up a very recent example, it was only thanks to your contributions that the DoJ was able to successfully crack down on voter intimidation in the Midwest. More generally, your legal expertise has proved to be very helpful on numerous occasions. When it comes to the Senate it can be said that you obviously have vast knowledge on various issues and Atlasia can only benefit from that.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 12:34:03 PM »

I don't think it's fair to blame other people for one's inactivity, and I understand why Windjammer was frustrated by that. Inactivity is bad for the game and it makes it less fun for everyone else, so I think people are right to be concerned about it. Yes, it's a game about enjoyment, but it's not enjoyable when the people you are playing with do not participate. That said, I like you Bacon King, I think you've contributed a lot to the game, and you definitely should not de-register.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 12:42:14 PM »

Sh*t I remember back in the day no one was impeached for inactivity.

How times change, I guess. I hope this doesn't cause you to leave, BK, but I can't deny the mood around here in much different than it was months and months ago.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 02:12:12 PM »

!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 02:43:49 PM »

I'm still dumbstruck from this.

Seriously, people, have you learned absolutely nothing? One thing that ruins Atlasia more than anything is too much vitriol in the air.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 02:46:38 PM »

Would you rather a different sort of acid?
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2015, 03:37:53 PM »

I agree with Lief. Why blame Windjammer for being inactive?
It's also strange that being concerned on the activity of a Senators involves being inactive.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
I think it's normal that a Senator will be penalized if he is not doing his job and also no one is obliged to be a Senator.

But despite this, I think you contributed a lot to Atlasia and you shouldn't de-register.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 06:14:22 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2015, 06:23:17 PM by Sawx, King in the North »

Alright. Now that my real life obligations are squared away, I feel like I need to sound off on this issue.

Honestly, we all need to remember that Atlasia is just a game. It is not a job, it is not a profession. We do not need to follow every single rule to a T, or act like a legitimate legislative body. We can post ridiculous things, we can propose ridiculous laws. Why? Because we do not have any sort of affect on the world whatsoever. I feel like this constant monitoring of certain posters to make sure they're active is taking the game way too seriously, and that making a big stink because certain players haven't voted (but still seemingly participate in debate) isn't conducive to a proper game atmosphere - especially when they're sending nasty PMs insulting their service and contributions to the game.

To address windjammer saying that Bacon King has an inactive past, I feel like he has held a grudge against Bacon King that at worst should have been dropped months ago and at best should never been brought up in the first place. Around that time, BK was preparing for Thanksgiving with his girlfriend's family and his own, and could not post a leave of absence because it was the holidays. We're all relatively busy in the holidays. He's not some kid who's too busy browsing Reddit and playing Ingress to notice that Atlasia is missing his vote - he's a grown man who is taking care of his own life.

I'm sorry, Windjammer. You know you're my boy, but I can't endorse you after this. I'm neutral now.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2015, 08:46:24 PM »

Windjammer continues to impress.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2015, 12:05:58 AM »

BK please don't go. You are a valued member of this site and though you may sometimes slip up in office, few think any less of you in terms of your overal contributions both to the chamber and to this site, and certainly no on thinks any less of you as a person.

It does say something when this place is so stressful that it is more of a job then your real job is and particularly when I was sick in late December and then moving January, that came to be the case at points. However, I still love this place and prefer to remain then depart. I am sure you after all these years still feel some desire to stay and if that desire still exists even to some extent than I urge you to remain in the game.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, 12:08:21 AM »

While I strongly agree the rush toward impeaching or otherwise attacking Atlasians for hiccups in activity needs to stop, it really isn't fair to post one message in an argument to make the other person look bad. I mean if people insist on posting private messages, then please post the entire conversation.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2015, 01:14:13 AM »

The day Atlasia becomes a chore to me is the day I'll quit the game. Thankfully that hasn't happened yet (or unfortunately for the rest of you Wink )
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2015, 04:36:28 AM »

While I strongly agree the rush toward impeaching or otherwise attacking Atlasians for hiccups in activity needs to stop, it really isn't fair to post one message in an argument to make the other person look bad. I mean if people insist on posting private messages, then please post the entire conversation.

There was no conversation- this PM was entirely unsolicited. He's quoting a portion of a public post I made. If you'd like I could provide context by posting some of the numerous other creepy/offensive unsolicited PM's Windjammer has bombarded me with over the previous four months.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2015, 09:48:28 AM »

Clearly, the solution, as always, is to move to the Midwest.  *hughughug*
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2015, 10:56:14 AM »

I don't know why everyone suddenly pretends windjammer didn't have to step down as VP for a reason. I think activity concerns are often legit, but there's a way to do it, and bombarding people with emotionally-charged and discomforting PMs is not the way to do it. It harkens back to the controversy in the summer when people would get 15 unsolicited messages in a row despite ignoring the sender. People need to be a little more restrained with the "send" button.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2015, 10:58:50 AM »

And by people, I mean windjammer.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length