This is why I'm about to quit Atlasia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:36:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  This is why I'm about to quit Atlasia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: This is why I'm about to quit Atlasia  (Read 1670 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 11, 2015, 03:03:13 AM »

This is why I think EVERYONE needs to take an enormous f***ing step back and think.

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 06:14:22 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2015, 06:23:17 PM by Sawx, King in the North »

Alright. Now that my real life obligations are squared away, I feel like I need to sound off on this issue.

Honestly, we all need to remember that Atlasia is just a game. It is not a job, it is not a profession. We do not need to follow every single rule to a T, or act like a legitimate legislative body. We can post ridiculous things, we can propose ridiculous laws. Why? Because we do not have any sort of affect on the world whatsoever. I feel like this constant monitoring of certain posters to make sure they're active is taking the game way too seriously, and that making a big stink because certain players haven't voted (but still seemingly participate in debate) isn't conducive to a proper game atmosphere - especially when they're sending nasty PMs insulting their service and contributions to the game.

To address windjammer saying that Bacon King has an inactive past, I feel like he has held a grudge against Bacon King that at worst should have been dropped months ago and at best should never been brought up in the first place. Around that time, BK was preparing for Thanksgiving with his girlfriend's family and his own, and could not post a leave of absence because it was the holidays. We're all relatively busy in the holidays. He's not some kid who's too busy browsing Reddit and playing Ingress to notice that Atlasia is missing his vote - he's a grown man who is taking care of his own life.

I'm sorry, Windjammer. You know you're my boy, but I can't endorse you after this. I'm neutral now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies