How Will Jeb Attack Walker?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:16:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How Will Jeb Attack Walker?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How Will Jeb Attack Walker?  (Read 2627 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 11, 2015, 08:16:51 PM »

It appears they're the two frontrunners now, with a lot of other candidates in various sideshows, for now.

Assuming things don't change drastically (which they very likely may), what will Jeb do to try to stun Walker's momentum?  Will he try to run to Walker's left by arguing against some of his education cuts?  Or perhaps will he attack mainly on foreign policy?
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 08:28:06 PM »

Electability and the ability to work across the aisle would be my guess, though I wouldn't be surprised if Jeb finds himself out of the top 3 by the time this gets fully ramped up.

Someone elected 3 times in a light (non-Atlas) blue state is clearly less electable than someone sharing the last name of a horrifically unpopular President & has major problems with his base.

Maybe Walker will be more unelectable in the end of the day, but that seems like a tough story to sell to a GOP primary.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 03:01:38 AM »

My guess is that Republicans will get the best of both worlds, a Bush-Walker ticket or a Walker-Bush ticket; the first combo is my fav,  but I could imagine such a scenario.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 09:47:09 AM »

One of these three will be the republican nominee, i am VERY VERY confident.....bush, walker or rubio in no set order.

They will all try to pull out all the tricks to attack each other. Jeb's biggest advantage over both candidates is he will be able to raise the most money, however, I believe the republican candidate in 2016 will be walker or rubio, I feel very confident about that as well.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 02:46:02 PM »

I'm not sure, but whatever it ends up being, he'll have boatloads of cash with which to do so.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 10:39:53 AM »

He'll probably attack Walker on the jobs issue in Wisconsin.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 11:21:55 AM »

One of these three will be the republican nominee, i am VERY VERY confident.....bush, walker or rubio in no set order.

They will all try to pull out all the tricks to attack each other. Jeb's biggest advantage over both candidates is he will be able to raise the most money, however, I believe the republican candidate in 2016 will be walker or rubio, I feel very confident about that as well.

Stop trying to make Rubio happen
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 04:25:29 PM »

Rubio is not likely to diss either Jeb or the entire Florida Republican party. The more I think about things, Walker will falter by the beginning of the third quarter of fundraising. He will likely conclude that if Jeb has wrapped up the money men and has a message going that doesn't include Walker's modus operandi,  the oxygen will be likely have basically been sucked out of the room.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 04:29:24 PM »

Jeb's campaign could make an issue over the fact Walker has no post secondary degree.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 04:32:06 PM »

He'll run to the left of Scott Walker.

Jeb Bush is looking to restructure the GOP in 2016 a la Richard Nixon.

I can't say that he'll be successful, but the money is a big advantage.   
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 04:32:14 PM »

Jeb's campaign could make an issue over the fact Walker has no post secondary degree.

If he wants to lose, sure.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 04:41:50 PM »

Why?  This is the 21st century.  We expect the leader of the most powerful nation on earth and the leader of the free world to be well educated.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2015, 04:47:36 PM »

Why?  This is the 21st century.  We expect the leader of the most powerful nation on earth and the leader of the free world to be well educated.

Think about it for a second. Do you really think attacking Walker for not having a college degree would work in a Republican primary? The vast majority of people who vote in one also won't have a college degree. Not only that, it reeks of "left wing coastal academic elitism". Considering Jeb is already viewed suspiciously by many Republicans for being too moderate, too out of touch, etc., he can hardly afford to deepen that perception.

You may have a point on the merits, but in terms of political calculations, it won't help and will almost certainly backfire.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2015, 08:26:35 PM »

Nothing. He should pick a fight or two with Huckabee. Then Rand Paul. Then Huckabee again...
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2015, 10:48:32 PM »

Nothing. He should pick a fight or two with Huckabee. Then Rand Paul. Then Huckabee again...

And Walker gets to sail to the nomination looking like the "above it all" consensus candidate?
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 11:22:30 AM »

Probably foreign policy.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2015, 12:50:24 PM »

His eyes are too close together.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 01:14:58 PM »

In what may be the only thing he's ever done I approve of, Walker signed a bill requiring an independent board investigate police shootings. I'd be surprised if the Breitbart base doesn't denounce that as "anti-cop."
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2015, 10:04:36 AM »

Stop trying to make Rubio happen

Agreed. He needs to stay in the Senate.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies