Politico: Clinton May Delay Campaign Launch Until Summer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:07:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Politico: Clinton May Delay Campaign Launch Until Summer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Politico: Clinton May Delay Campaign Launch Until Summer  (Read 4359 times)
Consciously Unconscious
Liberty Republican
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2015, 06:29:58 PM »

ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2015, 06:19:44 PM »

She should stick with April, IMO. The Spring will probably see the majority of the GOP candidates getting in. She should have an apparatus in place to start to combating the inevitable attacks. Not to mention using the head start to get to work laying the foundation for the GE.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2015, 01:25:31 PM »

I wonder if a delay allows an opening for a potential rival.

A Cory Booker could get a lot of free media by announcing an exploratory committee, and hint that she's staying out of the race due to medical concerns.

And if she makes any missteps later, that could provide credene to that narrative.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2015, 01:33:12 PM »

A Cory Booker could get a lot of free media by announcing an exploratory committee, and hint that she's staying out of the race due to medical concerns.

Oh yeah, I'm sure this will work just fine.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2015, 09:57:04 PM »

And if she makes any missteps later, that could provide credene to that narrative.

To quote Megyn Kelly:

"Is this stuff you tell yourself as a Republican to feel better, or is this really what you think?"
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2015, 02:53:41 AM »

Might be no launch, the way things are going! A replay of 2008 methinks....same bitching & backbiting that went on 2008; things are not going exactly as you Dems had hoped. Hillary is out of shape politically and metaphorically; no compelling message, except I'm a woman, I deserve it and oh yeah, I'm married to Bill. No real policy initiatives, except the old class warfare play book u Dems ran in 2012; ain't gonna work this time & then it gets better,  it's mid February already...Over 17 months and counting and the DNC can't even settle on a venue for the convention. Love to have that video clip of Joe Biden nearly wetting himself with mirth and the embarrassing giggling episode he indulged in the Vice presidential debate in 2012. Yeah this keeps getting better all the time, you gotta love it, the Coronation that was supposed to be smooth sailing is turning out to be anything but. Keep it up you Dems. Lol😂😁😁😃😅
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2015, 03:12:34 AM »

Might be no launch, the way things are going! A replay of 2008 methinks....same bitching & backbiting that went on 2008; things are not going exactly as you Dems had hoped. Hillary is out of shape politically and metaphorically; no compelling message, except I'm a woman, I deserve it and oh yeah, I'm married to Bill. No real policy initiatives, except the old class warfare play book u Dems ran in 2012; ain't gonna work this time & then it gets better,  it's mid February already...Over 17 months and counting and the DNC can't even settle on a venue for the convention. Love to have that video clip of Joe Biden nearly wetting himself with mirth and the embarrassing giggling episode he indulged in the Vice presidential debate in 2012. Yeah this keeps getting better all the time, you gotta love it, the Coronation that was supposed to be smooth sailing is turning out to be anything but. Keep it up you Dems. Lol😂😁😁😃😅

Is this before or after Mitt Romney wins 341 electoral votes?
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2015, 10:24:52 AM »

To quote Megyn Kelly:

"Is this stuff you tell yourself as a Republican to feel better, or is this really what you think?"
It's a possibility rather than a certainty, or even something that is more probable than not.

Although I would probably feel better about Democrats if they at least considered alternatives given Hillary's glaring character flaws.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2015, 10:31:33 AM »

In terms of likely scenarios where Hillary Clinton ends up not being the next President of the United States, I would rank her own death ahead of losing the Democratic nomination and honestly I would rank her own death ahead of 2/3rds of the GOP field.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2015, 01:07:30 PM »

Unfortunately for you, Mitt Romney has left the room or did you get that memo yet....oh you were using sarcasm to make a point, which was? That Joe Biden giggles like a laughing box or that Hillary's campaign is becoming so inevitable, that we cancel the election altogether,  I mean she is basically elected!😂😃...yeah right! You ever hear of the "hare & the tortoise" analogy some time...In order words is the hare in this little morality play. So watch this space.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2015, 01:20:06 PM »

Pretty sure this is a bad of a decision as announcing so early in 2008 was.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2015, 02:55:00 PM »

To quote Megyn Kelly:

It's a possibility rather than a certainty, or even something that is more probable than not.

Although I would probably feel better about Democrats if they at least considered alternatives given Hillary's glaring character flaws.

More likely than not? Not only has Booker already ruled out running, he's been in the Senate for like a year.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2015, 04:38:06 PM »

To quote Megyn Kelly:

More likely than not? Not only has Booker already ruled out running, he's been in the Senate for like a year.

You're right, Hillary has nothing to worry about from black men who haven't even served a full term in the US Senate.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2015, 09:22:15 AM »

To quote Megyn Kelly:

I didn't say it was 50/50, Nor is it dependent on Booker running.

To quote Megyn Kelly:

You're right, Hillary has nothing to worry about from black men who haven't even served a full term in the US Senate.
Obama had three advantages Booker did not: A beautiful family, The milestone of being first, and proximity to Iowa.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2015, 10:26:40 AM »

WSJ says sometime between April and July.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2015, 10:55:28 AM »

Hey, it's not like Republicans are stampeding to announce their candidacies too.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2015, 02:51:32 PM »

Seriously. I don't see the media nagging Jeb: "OH EM GEE, WHEN ARE YA GONNA OFFISHULLY DECLARE?!?!?!?!!?!?". Everyone assumes he's running because he obviously is. It should be the same for Hillary.
Panda Express

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2015, 07:02:49 AM »

Might be no launch, the way things are going! A replay of 2008 methinks....same bitching & backbiting that went on 2008; things are not going exactly as you Dems had hoped. Hillary is out of shape politically and metaphorically; no compelling message, except I'm a woman, I deserve it and oh yeah, I'm married to Bill. No real policy initiatives, except the old class warfare play book u Dems ran in 2012; ain't gonna work this time & then it gets better,  it's mid February already...Over 17 months and counting and the DNC can't even settle on a venue for the convention. Love to have that video clip of Joe Biden nearly wetting himself with mirth and the embarrassing giggling episode he indulged in the Vice presidential debate in 2012. Yeah this keeps getting better all the time, you gotta love it, the Coronation that was supposed to be smooth sailing is turning out to be anything but. Keep it up you Dems. Lol 😂😁😁😃😅

For an old, dumb curmudgeon you sure seem to like emoticons an awful lot. Well, here is one just for you.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies