Scott Walker's college problem (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:08:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Scott Walker's college problem (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How big of an issue will it be that Walker was a drop-out?
Huge issue that will prevent him from going far

An issue that could be big if played right by the opposition

Some might care, but overall not that big of an issue

Better chance that it helps him rather than hurts him

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 98

Author Topic: Scott Walker's college problem  (Read 7974 times)
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« on: February 13, 2015, 04:21:23 PM »

Let's put the shoe on the other foot--if a Democrat who didn't have a four-year degree was running for the Presidential nomination, I'd have serious misgivings about casting my vote for them.

I have a master's degree. Considering that universities have been generous in awarding four-year degrees for several decades now, I expect my President to have obtained at least the same educational level as the Front Office Manager at the Candlewood Suites a few miles from my office.

But, I guess asking the person in charge of hitting the Doomsday Button to have a four-year degree in communications or whatever bullsh!t degree most athletes get is "elitist."
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 10:25:07 AM »

Let's put the shoe on the other foot--if a Democrat who didn't have a four-year degree was running for the Presidential nomination, I'd have serious misgivings about casting my vote for them.

I have a master's degree. Considering that universities have been generous in awarding four-year degrees for several decades now, I expect my President to have obtained at least the same educational level as the Front Office Manager at the Candlewood Suites a few miles from my office.

But, I guess asking the person in charge of hitting the Doomsday Button to have a four-year degree in communications or whatever bullsh!t degree most athletes get is "elitist."

The fact that it takes very little effort to get a "bullsh!t degree in communications" kind of proves the point that there's no need to consider a college degree as a prerequisite.

The academic rigor for someone seeking the Presidency should be higher than said degree.

If someone who is running for President does not have a diploma beyond the one they received from high school because they either can't, or won't, finish their degree, they have not earned my vote.

People seeking far less prestigious positions are required to have obtained a four-year degree. I fail to see how demanding the same of our President is elitist.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies