Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 12:09:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 225597 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1650 on: March 07, 2015, 03:06:09 PM »

That's a good picture of what it looks like using the cheese provided in the box.  We use shredded Kraft mozzarella and cheddar cheese packages and, I think it's Oscar Meyer pepperoni (unsure of the brand), so the presentation is a whole lot more appealing than this picture (at least to me).
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1651 on: March 07, 2015, 03:07:38 PM »

TW: footage of chef boyardee pizza being made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4TmfwACfuk
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1652 on: March 07, 2015, 03:11:43 PM »

If you say so. It just really is unbelievable that a family really could enjoy that pizza over others. Chef Boyardee themselves market it just as a fun activity to do with kids as opposed to a real meal competing with actual pizza

It's actually quite fun doing it.  All three of us have a good time doing it and it provides good family time.  It's a great way to get out from in front of the TV and get into the kitchen and do something together as a family that doesn't cost very much.  The results are delicious, too.  My family has enjoyed this activity since the 1980's.

Yea... The 80s.  When you were a toddler.  You are 33, dude.  Cut the damn cord.

It's still a fun activity.  Some things you just don't want to give up.  Nostalgia is good sometimes, especially when you can relive it.  It sure is a lot tastier than going to Domino's, Pizza Hut, Mazzio's, Papa Johns, etc.

I recall have lots of fun in Kindergarten. However, for obvious reasons, I have forsaken reliving that halcyon experience of yesteryear.

1. Bushie doesn't do anything beyond PG rated.  Bars, strip clubs, parties, wine tasting, concerts... Everything is off limits.  So I guess pizza time with the fam is all that's left.

2. Bushie, "family time" is far more oft than "sometimes" for you.  You so rarely do leisure activity sans family that it becomes a momentous Update episode when you do.

I do enjoy going to Christian concerts.  One of my favorite concerts to go to each year is Winter Jam, which is a conglomeration of about 10 different Christian bands and a guest speaker.  Thousands of people, most of them under 40, flock to this event.  It tours in many cities across the country including Tulsa and Oklahoma City.  I missed the concert this year, but I do want to go next year.  I also go to individual band Christian concerts, as well.  They have a lot of concerts throughout the spring, summer, and fall in Tulsa either at the BOK center or at the Mabee Center on the Oral Roberts University campus.  I want to go to a concert one of these days, but I don't want to go alone.  That would just be awkward...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1653 on: March 07, 2015, 03:14:17 PM »

So wait you buy separate pepperoni and cheese? This purchase makes even less sense. Where is the cheap and convenience factor? You're buying a box of CB pizza and then making a different pizza.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1654 on: March 07, 2015, 03:17:30 PM »

Warning NSFW.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1655 on: March 07, 2015, 03:18:48 PM »

That video is actually not that bad, compared to another one I found...

NSFL, DO NOT CLICK, I WARNED YOU: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g15rYlelZs
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1656 on: March 07, 2015, 03:44:29 PM »

I thought bushie's family made grilled pizza? It turns out it's just chef boy ardee's box pizza? I didn't even know that existed.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1657 on: March 07, 2015, 03:50:31 PM »

So wait you buy separate pepperoni and cheese? This purchase makes even less sense. Where is the cheap and convenience factor? You're buying a box of CB pizza and then making a different pizza.

Seriously, just buy some decent pizza dough from the bakery/deli section of the grocery store, and some decent tomato sauce to go with the cheese and toppings.

Why do you need to use the preservative- and filler-laden Chef Boyardee crap? There's a reason it's marketed to children -- no one over the age of 12 isn't aware of how horrible it is. Except, apparently, the Browns.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1658 on: March 07, 2015, 03:51:13 PM »

If you say so. It just really is unbelievable that a family really could enjoy that pizza over others. Chef Boyardee themselves market it just as a fun activity to do with kids as opposed to a real meal competing with actual pizza

It's actually quite fun doing it.  All three of us have a good time doing it and it provides good family time.  It's a great way to get out from in front of the TV and get into the kitchen and do something together as a family that doesn't cost very much.  The results are delicious, too.  My family has enjoyed this activity since the 1980's.

Yea... The 80s.  When you were a toddler.  You are 33, dude.  Cut the damn cord.

It's still a fun activity.  Some things you just don't want to give up.  Nostalgia is good sometimes, especially when you can relive it.  It sure is a lot tastier than going to Domino's, Pizza Hut, Mazzio's, Papa Johns, etc.

I recall have lots of fun in Kindergarten. However, for obvious reasons, I have forsaken reliving that halcyon experience of yesteryear.

1. Bushie doesn't do anything beyond PG rated.  Bars, strip clubs, parties, wine tasting, concerts... Everything is off limits.  So I guess pizza time with the fam is all that's left.

2. Bushie, "family time" is far more oft than "sometimes" for you.  You so rarely do leisure activity sans family that it becomes a momentous Update episode when you do.

I do enjoy going to Christian concerts.  One of my favorite concerts to go to each year is Winter Jam, which is a conglomeration of about 10 different Christian bands and a guest speaker.  Thousands of people, most of them under 40, flock to this event.  It tours in many cities across the country including Tulsa and Oklahoma City.  I missed the concert this year, but I do want to go next year.  I also go to individual band Christian concerts, as well.  They have a lot of concerts throughout the spring, summer, and fall in Tulsa either at the BOK center or at the Mabee Center on the Oral Roberts University campus.  I want to go to a concert one of these days, but I don't want to go alone.  That would just be awkward...

Christian concerts?  Jesus... (Literally and figuratively)  I guess that's better than nothing.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1659 on: March 07, 2015, 03:55:45 PM »

That video is actually not that bad, compared to another one I found...

NSFL, DO NOT CLICK, I WARNED YOU: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g15rYlelZs

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1660 on: March 07, 2015, 03:58:00 PM »

I thought bushie's family made grilled pizza? It turns out it's just chef boy ardee's box pizza? I didn't even know that existed.

In the summer time, we use the Chef Boyardee mix and slap it on the grill instead of in the oven.  Delicious, I tell you. Smiley
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1661 on: March 07, 2015, 04:08:25 PM »

Damn, Bushie is a hip cat. Going to concerts where most of the people are under 40 years old.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1662 on: March 07, 2015, 04:21:25 PM »

Damn, Bushie is a hip cat. Going to concerts where most of the people are under 40 years old.

Pics from a real hum-dinger in Tulsa last spring.

"Tulsa!  Are you ready to rock?"

"You betcha your gosh darn rear ends we are!"
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1663 on: March 07, 2015, 04:22:35 PM »

Christian concerts?  Jesus... (Literally and figuratively)  I guess that's better than nothing.

HockeyDude, I know that this isn't what Bushie means, and I know that what I'm about to describe would probably still not be your cup of tea, but would you have any more respect for the kind of Palestrina recitals and St Matthew Passion-type stuff that I sometimes go to?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1664 on: March 07, 2015, 04:27:01 PM »

HockeyDude, I know that this isn't what Bushie means, and I know that what I'm about to describe would probably still not be your cup of tea, but would you have any more respect for the kind of Palestrina recitals and St Matthew Passion-type stuff that I sometimes go to?

Of course, because those things are not purporting or pretending to be ROCK concerts.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1665 on: March 07, 2015, 04:31:35 PM »

Of course, because those things are not purporting or pretending to be ROCK concerts.

Yeah, I mean, I'm the first to admit that my taste in rock music is kind of old-person-y--Mark Knopfler, stuff of that nature--but for Christ's sake, at least it is, in fact, rock music.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1666 on: March 07, 2015, 04:36:06 PM »

It's actually quite fun doing it.  All three of us have a good time doing it and it provides good family time.  It's a great way to get out from in front of the TV and get into the kitchen and do something together as a family that doesn't cost very much.  The results are delicious, too.  My family has enjoyed this activity since the 1980's.

Yea... The 80s.  When you were a toddler.  You are 33, dude.  Cut the damn cord.

It's still a fun activity.  Some things you just don't want to give up.  Nostalgia is good sometimes, especially when you can relive it.  It sure is a lot tastier than going to Domino's, Pizza Hut, Mazzio's, Papa Johns, etc.

1. Bushie doesn't do anything beyond PG rated.  Bars, strip clubs, parties, wine tasting, concerts... Everything is off limits.  So I guess pizza time with the fam is all that's left.

2. Bushie, "family time" is far more oft than "sometimes" for you.  You so rarely do leisure activity sans family that it becomes a momentous Update episode when you do.

I do enjoy going to Christian concerts.  One of my favorite concerts to go to each year is Winter Jam, which is a conglomeration of about 10 different Christian bands and a guest speaker.  Thousands of people, most of them under 40, flock to this event.  It tours in many cities across the country including Tulsa and Oklahoma City.  I missed the concert this year, but I do want to go next year.  I also go to individual band Christian concerts, as well.  They have a lot of concerts throughout the spring, summer, and fall in Tulsa either at the BOK center or at the Mabee Center on the Oral Roberts University campus.  I want to go to a concert one of these days, but I don't want to go alone.  That would just be awkward...

Yeah, I mean, I'm the first to admit that my taste in rock music is kind of old-person-y--Mark Knopfler, stuff of that nature--but for Christ's sake, at least it is, in fact, rock music.

I like classic rock.  Queen, Floyd, Yes, Beatles, Zep... Not exactly young people's music.  But these "Christian rock" concerts, with everyone sipping root beer and lemonade and swaying their hands in the air and keeing off everyone but their spouse... Rock to me is wiling out, free love, getting ****hammered, sticking your midde finger to everything establishment and everything that raised you and saying **** YOU!  The Christian shows can call it what they want but it's not rock.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1667 on: March 07, 2015, 05:22:38 PM »

Bushie still eats Lunchables. I haven't had one of those since I was 12.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1668 on: March 07, 2015, 05:28:24 PM »

The pizza Lunchables are a unique foodstuff that I actually enjoy.  It's not pizza nor does it taste like pizza, but rather some weird artificial creation beyond the human "soul". 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1669 on: March 07, 2015, 07:05:47 PM »

The pizza Lunchables are a unique foodstuff that I actually enjoy.  It's not pizza nor does it taste like pizza, but rather some weird artificial creation beyond the human "soul". 

Pizza lunchables are gross...  I've learned that other lunchables do not even touch my hunger, so I don't eat them anymore.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1670 on: March 07, 2015, 08:10:16 PM »

Eraser, it's time to start accepting votes for the title of Update Season XXII.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1671 on: March 07, 2015, 08:15:19 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2015, 08:19:10 PM by Snowguy716 »

My mom loved those so I suffered them.  But she did hamburger, garlic, and onion and mozzarella and parmesan cheese.  This is much better.

Papa Murphy's ended this.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1672 on: March 07, 2015, 08:18:36 PM »

Eraser, it's time to start accepting votes for the title of Update Season XXII.

There's only one possible option:

Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1673 on: March 07, 2015, 08:19:56 PM »

That literally looks like vomit
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star