Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:43:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 222045 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: February 19, 2015, 12:59:33 PM »

do you guys think crazy religious people in like south america or africa are similarly ethnocentric* with their doomsday predictions?

*I don't know if ethnocentric is the right word but hopefully y'all get what I mean
You're forgetting that Jesus Was A White Man, so, of course, he's going to be more interested in the affairs of White People.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #626 on: February 19, 2015, 01:02:21 PM »

I love when God shows off. I remember the AFC/NFC championships and the Super Bowl of this year being some of the Lord's best work yet. I was so afraid watching those games unfold, much like watching my fantasy team play this year.

Yeah but he let Duke beat UNC, so he's not always showing off in a good way.  Sad
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #627 on: February 19, 2015, 01:02:21 PM »

"I feel like showing off today," thought God. "Should I inspire a miracle peace deal? Bring rains to a drought devastated area in Africa? I know, I'll get a recruiter to set up a phone job interview with Jeff."
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #628 on: February 19, 2015, 01:11:23 PM »

I love when God shows off. I remember the AFC/NFC championships and the Super Bowl of this year being some of the Lord's best work yet. I was so afraid watching those games unfold, much like watching my fantasy team play this year.

Yeah but he let Duke beat UNC, so he's not always showing off in a good way.  Sad

I already knew how that game would end. God would let UNC fall behind, allow them to come back and take the lead late, and then collapse in the final minutes and lose. Sometimes I hate when God does just as she says she'll do. Sad
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #629 on: February 19, 2015, 01:28:53 PM »

do you guys think crazy religious people in like south america or africa are similarly ethnocentric* with their doomsday predictions?

*I don't know if ethnocentric is the right word but hopefully y'all get what I mean
You're forgetting that Jesus Was A White Man, so, of course, he's going to be more interested in the affairs of White People.
Yeah, I was wondering why the Taiping Rebellion (20 million dead) and the Great Leap Forward (30-40 million dead) didn't merit the status of "trumpets".
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #630 on: February 19, 2015, 01:39:26 PM »

Bushie, now that Wal-Mart has agreed to a $10/hr minimum wage will you go in and apply for a retail job?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #631 on: February 19, 2015, 03:39:03 PM »

if Tsipras is the Antichrist then put me on the list to get a 666 branding as soon as possible

when he goes down in a CIA-backed military coup after the Grexit will you stay with the Democrats and get your tattoos removed?  I hear the latter can be quite painful
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #632 on: February 19, 2015, 04:10:42 PM »

The first interview today probably won't produce anything.  I don't have a real good feeling about it.  That's okay, though, as I still have a phone interview with a very large corporation in 50 minutes from now and then a recruiter interview in Oklahoma City on Monday at 1100.  I plan to leave for Mom and Dad's around 1230 or 1300 tomorrow and spend the next 3 days with them.  I'll come back to Tulsa Monday evening after the interview.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #633 on: February 19, 2015, 04:17:30 PM »

Hope your phone interview with Very Large Corporation goes well, Bushie.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #634 on: February 19, 2015, 04:32:42 PM »

Thanks.  It should be obvious why I'm keeping the name to myself.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #635 on: February 19, 2015, 04:45:51 PM »

Thanks.  It should be obvious why I'm keeping the name to myself.

Well, you do that with scams, too.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #636 on: February 19, 2015, 05:42:33 PM »

I'm not going to answer any more questions on this matter.  For my thoughts on Pope Francis, check out earlier seasons of the Update, I explained it there.  We had a good discussion, and I'm not trying to get out of it, but I need to spend the next couple of hours preparing for my interviews today.

Let me close the discussion by saying this.  What I said last night is just what I believe.  Everyone is free to believe what they want to believe about the end time.  Nobody knows exactly what is going to happen.  You have the right to disagree with me and I'm not going to say you're right or wrong.  The truth of the matter is it doesn't affect one's relationship with Jesus Christ which is the most important thing in the life of every person in the world.  The book of Revelation and the interpretation thereof, is what I like to call a tertiary issue.  It's a third tier issue that has no bearing on the grand scheme of things.  God's going to do what He's going to do.  I will believe how I believe and everybody else is free to interpret it how they want to interpret it.

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

The interpretation is the central element that matters. Jesus used parables to demonstrate points and lessons, why is it impossible for the many who contributed to Bible to use them, particularly at a time of extreme persecution?

Everything in language and literature is interpretation, just like you dumped a woman because you misinterpreted something innocent.

And your natural response to curl up into a ball, and say "I believe what I believe" and "It is 'cause, you know, God" is the height of cheek. You don't get to drop a clanger like that BS you dropped yesterday and not expect to get called on it. There's a reason why your Church rejects proper study of the Bible, because it might mean that your basic theology is not just flawed intellectually but actively anti-Christian.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #637 on: February 19, 2015, 05:45:28 PM »

The phone interview is over.  I feel very good about my answers and he seemed to be pleased about my answers, as well.  He still has a couple more interviews to conduct, but I should have a decision by the end of next week.  If I'm hired, it would probably be the second or third week of March when I get started.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #638 on: February 19, 2015, 06:01:27 PM »

Why would God show off by getting Bushie an interview with a company he didn't feel good about?! Huh
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #639 on: February 19, 2015, 06:05:24 PM »

Why would God show off by getting Bushie an interview with a company he didn't feel good about?! Huh

God is the ultimate tease.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #640 on: February 19, 2015, 06:20:12 PM »

He's giving me interviews for sure, but remember I can only have one job in anyone time slot.  So, this means that all but one of the interviews will fall away, either by them rejecting me, or me being realistic about things (which was the case about the 1300 interview today), or me politely saying "thanks, but no thanks."
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #641 on: February 19, 2015, 07:02:35 PM »

Bushie, why are you so defensive about the Apostle John not authoring the Gospel of John, the letters of John, and Revelation?

Nothing in the Bible says that he is the author. Man says that, and you believe the Bible, not Man. And after all, it's a "tertiary issue" anyway that means very little. So why are you so offended by the idea that virtually every scholar believes the authors are distinct people?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #642 on: February 19, 2015, 07:08:57 PM »

Bushie, why are you so defensive about the Apostle John not authoring the Gospel of John, the letters of John, and Revelation?

Nothing in the Bible says that he is the author. Man says that, and you believe the Bible, not Man. And after all, it's a "tertiary issue" anyway that means very little. So why are you so offended by the idea that virtually every scholar believes the authors are distinct people?

I don't see how they are different people.  All five books were written near the same time as each other in the AD 80's and 90's.  Sorry, but I do not believe these "scholars".  You're right, it is a tertiary issue, but I do not believe the scholars.  You can believe the scholars if you want, and that's not going to affect anything.  I do not believe the scholars, and my belief has about as much impact as your belief, which is zilch.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #643 on: February 19, 2015, 07:25:26 PM »

I don't see how they are different people.  All five books were written near the same time as each other in the AD 80's and 90's.  Sorry, but I do not believe these "scholars".  You're right, it is a tertiary issue, but I do not believe the scholars.  You can believe the scholars if you want, and that's not going to affect anything.  I do not believe the scholars, and my belief has about as much impact as your belief, which is zilch.

Why do your opinions carry more weight than field experts?
Because Bushie thinks he's equal to the pope, and is more anti-science than Ted Cruz.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #644 on: February 19, 2015, 07:28:49 PM »

You mean there was more than one person named 'John' around at the same time?  Impossible.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #645 on: February 19, 2015, 07:50:44 PM »

I wonder if Bushie also thinks the Pentateuch had a single author.
Panda Express

« Reply #646 on: February 19, 2015, 07:53:36 PM »

The phone interview is over.  I feel very good about my answers and he seemed to be pleased about my answers, as well.  He still has a couple more interviews to conduct, but I should have a decision by the end of next week.  If I'm hired, it would probably be the second or third week of March when I get started.

?

So he might hire you without meeting you in person?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #647 on: February 19, 2015, 07:54:38 PM »

Bushie's defensiveness is a very clear indicator that he knows what a fraud his life is. I'm surprised there isn't more reaction to how obviously disturbed he is.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #648 on: February 19, 2015, 07:54:56 PM »

?

It's possible.
Panda Express

« Reply #649 on: February 19, 2015, 07:56:00 PM »

?

It's possible.

...what would you do at this job, exactly?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies