Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:05:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221736 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 11, 2015, 11:43:43 PM »
« edited: March 11, 2015, 05:58:12 PM by Eraserhead »

Enjoy the new season, Updaters!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm-upHSP9KU
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 12:04:18 AM »

I've been meaning to point out that there's no rule (that I'm aware of) that would prohibit Uber drivers from wearing a tie. If that's a hangup for Bushie, just drive for Uber and dress how you want.

Bushie, why don't you apply and just try it for a couple days? Because Uber lets you make your own schedule, it's the perfect stopgap job, and if you hate it after 2 days, you can quit and never do it again.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 12:09:15 AM »

I've been meaning to point out that there's no rule (that I'm aware of) that would prohibit Uber drivers from wearing a tie. If that's a hangup for Bushie, just drive for Uber and dress how you want.

Bushie, why don't you apply and just try it for a couple days? Because Uber lets you make your own schedule, it's the perfect stopgap job, and if you hate it after 2 days, you can quit and never do it again.

Bushie can't handle doing something he didn't think of himself, then he won't be seen as a smart cookie.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 12:10:34 AM »

Jeff -- I'm glad you were open to some feedback regarding the most recent job. I hope this makes an impression on you: the feedback you receive on the forum is honest, even if that doesn't come wrapped in a nice package.

You should compare that to the kudos you received on Facebook (and I'm OK posting this because it's general in nature and well-known how your Facebook friends respond). I will not question their friendship or whether or not they are good people -- actually, I am sure they are great people. But not a single one was willing to publicly ask you any tough questions about accepting a type of job that you'd failed in many, many times before. None. It was all "praise God" this and "trust Him" that ... vapid, empty responses that failed to look out for you and your best interests.

Their praise is comforting, Jeff, but it's not helpful in the way that you need help. You've got some people here rooting for you that are willing to kick your butt when it needs kicked. As I mentioned to you in my PM -- I think you need to take a hard look at why you keep burning your hand on the stove.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 12:15:00 AM »

Bushie can't handle doing something he didn't think of himself, then he won't be seen as a smart cookie.

Well, if we're lucky, all this talk about Uber will make a banner ad about Lyft pop up on Bushie's screen, he'll click that, and discover an exciting new job opportunity.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 12:44:19 AM »

The average Uber driver makes something around $25/hour. Read: this is more than Bushie could ever hope to make in CAD(D) or something (which he doesn't even really seem to enjoy).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 12:53:06 AM »

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the job search tomorrow.  I'm getting close to getting another CAD interview.  I also wonder how long it will take for Macy's to get back with me.  Who knows, maybe I could move up the corporate ladder at Macy's.  Even though, it'd be a filler job, I'm going to put my heart and soul into it throughout my entire work shift.  It would be income and a legitimate way of getting much needed income.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 01:00:25 AM »

My god, cab driver is the perfect job for Bushie.

I always figured it was a 'last job' for burnt out chefs and hospitality workers who become exhausted, undesirable to the consuming masses, and end up with constantly sore backs.  But definitely perfect for Bushie, too.  He could even try to 'save' his passengers, a little extracurricular proselytising.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 01:12:40 AM »

Can anyone think of another series that had a season comparable to last? It dragged a lot through most of the season and was full of filler episodes and recycled plotlines...but had one hell of a conclusion.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 01:31:58 AM »

This is the first time that I will be keeping up with a whole season of update. I believe that I'm ready for the ride.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 01:39:12 AM »

I'm happy he finally listened to the forum for once. Were we ever shown the ad he found?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 01:44:35 AM »

Can anyone think of another series that had a season comparable to last? It dragged a lot through most of the season and was full of filler episodes and recycled plotlines...but had one hell of a conclusion.

Utah story arc/season(s) of Update itself are comparable.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 01:45:36 AM »

This is the first time that I will be keeping up with a whole season of update. I believe that I'm ready for the ride.

Welcome aboard the (diabetes) train!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2015, 01:46:56 AM »

Yes. 85% of that season focused on Bushie walking in place in his apartment, eating green beans from a can and learning to drive in snow, but the final few days were a blast with the hobo orgie ravaging Bushie's garage and the eventual return to Oklahoma in order to drive by every day to see if the windows weren't covered in cum.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2015, 01:48:14 AM »

The Utah arc wasn't really the same though. It was just really boring and the plot never really went anywhere for the most part. Season 2 of The Walking Dead I guess is kind of comparable to it.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, 01:51:29 AM »
« Edited: February 20, 2015, 06:09:54 AM by Eraserhead »

The Utah arc wasn't really the same though. It was just really boring and the plot never really went anywhere for the most part. Season 2 of The Walking Dead I guess is kind of comparable to it.

Heh. I never made it through season 2 of The Walking Dead myself. Definitely too boring.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2015, 01:51:45 AM »

Yes. 85% of that season focused on Bushie walking in place in his apartment, eating green beans from a can and learning to drive in snow, but the final few days were a blast with the hobo orgie ravaging Bushie's garage and the eventual return to Oklahoma in order to drive by every day to see if the windows weren't covered in cum.

Most of Utah was bottle episodes, but unlike many famous ones, they lacked interesting writing or performances to make up for it. Utah also made it pretty clear that Update needs its Oklahoma setting or it doesn't work. But the writers were able to come up with an exciting way to kill off that arc and neatly use the reset button to get the point where it might as well have never happened.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2015, 02:37:57 AM »

So Bushie's actually going down the Uber driver route? Nice.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2015, 07:52:14 AM »

Driving for Uber would be the perfect excuse for Papa to cosign on a NEW car
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2015, 08:21:21 AM »

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the job search tomorrow.  I'm getting close to getting another CAD interview.  I also wonder how long it will take for Macy's to get back with me.  Who knows, maybe I could move up the corporate ladder at Macy's.  Even though, it'd be a filler job, I'm going to put my heart and soul into it throughout my entire work shift.  It would be income and a legitimate way of getting much needed income.

Why do you want to work at Macys? Why won't you at least try the Uber thing, in which you can set your own hours and dress code and quit more easily than any other job?

There's literally no reason not to give Uber a brief try. If you hate it, you've lost nothing and still got a little positive cash flow from it.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2015, 08:47:41 AM »

Macy's, even in Oklahoma, is going to be way too fashion oriented for Bushie. It's full of gays and girls with aggressively styled purple hair. They're going to get one look at his style and trash stash and not even consider him. He needs a place where appearance is less of a consideration. Maybe Best Buy. Also a huge Roll Eyes to
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2015, 08:57:30 AM »

Driving for Uber would be the perfect excuse for Papa to cosign on a NEW car

Ugh, that is all to possible. He'd probably get something that guzzles gas down the drain too.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2015, 09:18:43 AM »

kudos bushie for applying at macys.  im assuming you would get to wear your tie to work there.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2015, 09:24:37 AM »

kudos bushie for applying at macys.  im assuming you would get to wear your tie to work there.

If it's fashion forward enough.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2015, 09:43:47 AM »

Scrap the pedo mustache if you go to Macy's
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length