Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:57:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221726 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2015, 05:25:22 PM »

Have you considered Bakersfield? I think you would like it there.
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2015, 05:29:04 PM »

Sounds like Papa is finally going to pull the plug. This season looks extremely promising.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2015, 05:43:52 PM »

It does! I wonder if he'll finally put his foot down to all this nonsense. At least he seems to realize how silly it is for Bushie to have an apartment with a deluxe cable package he uses once a month in Tulsa while not having a job and rarely being there.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2015, 05:53:00 PM »

It's clear there's no job opportunities in Tulsa. You should move to New Mexico Bushie. ABQ minimum wage is $8.50 and Santa Fe is $11.

You can make bank and have all the taco salad  you want.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2015, 05:54:37 PM »

At least he seems to realize how silly it is for Bushie to have an apartment with a deluxe cable package he uses once a month in Tulsa while not having a job and rarely being there.

When we're not in "Family Dinner" season, he actually seems to hang out at his apartment quite a bit.  It's not like he has a job to go to every day, or a particularly active social life.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2015, 05:57:46 PM »

It's clear there's no job opportunities in Tulsa. You should move to New Mexico Bushie. ABQ minimum wage is $8.50 and Santa Fe is $11.

Yes, Bushie, you are a poor. Please move to a state like New Mexico, where they do not murder poors, instead of a state like Texas or Missouri, where that is the state government's explicit policy.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2015, 06:07:21 PM »

Why would you extend your lease in Tulsa? It just seems like common sense that you'd cancel it.

He doesn't want to ruin his track record of making 100% bad decisions in his life
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2015, 06:07:32 PM »

Why would you extend your lease in Tulsa? It just seems like common sense that you'd cancel it.

If I get a CAD job or a good job then I will extend it so I have a place to live.  If I don't have a job or if I have a retail or call center job then I will let it expire on May 31 and move out.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2015, 06:09:07 PM »

And is there a good reason that you would be looking out of state?

After I get my bills paid off, the purpose of looking out of state is to get a completely fresh and bigger job market.  DFW is just swarming with jobs, but I can't move down there until I'm out of debt.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2015, 06:10:46 PM »

At least he seems to realize how silly it is for Bushie to have an apartment with a deluxe cable package he uses once a month in Tulsa while not having a job and rarely being there.

When we're not in "Family Dinner" season, he actually seems to hang out at his apartment quite a bit.  It's not like he has a job to go to every day, or a particularly active social life.

Yes, since my job ended last month, I have since moved back to Tulsa and am staying in my apartment full time.  If I don't get the right kind of job then that will change things.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2015, 06:11:39 PM »

If I get a CAD job or a good job then I will extend it so I have a place to live.  If I don't have a job or if I have a retail or call center job then I will let it expire on May 31 and move out.

I guess that makes sense, but what if it is a temp CADD job? Will you still extend the lease knowing you'll be done working in X number of months?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2015, 06:11:59 PM »

Yes, Bushie, you are a poor. Please move to a state like New Mexico, where they do not murder poors, instead of a state like Texas or Missouri, where that is the state government's explicit policy.

ABQ is definitely an option when it comes to a new job market.  New Mexico is my favorite state outside of Oklahoma.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2015, 06:14:22 PM »

After I get my bills paid off, the purpose of looking out of state is to get a completely fresh and bigger job market.  DFW is just swarming with jobs, but I can't move down there until I'm out of debt.

Tulsa's unemployment rate is currently 3.6%; Oklahoma City's is 3.5%. It's 4.4% in Dallas and 5.2% in Albuquerque.

Your problem is not a lack of available jobs. Your problem is your work history. Nothing will change if you waste a ton of money by moving again.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2015, 06:14:35 PM »

I guess that makes sense, but what if it is a temp CADD job? Will you still extend the lease knowing you'll be done working in X number of months?

If it is a temp CAD job, which I'll take anything at this point, then I can extend the apartment the number of months I will be at that job.  I just wouldn't turn in my vacate notice at the end of March.  If the job term is long enough I could extend the apartment six months and move out by November 30.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2015, 06:16:38 PM »

After I get my bills paid off, the purpose of looking out of state is to get a completely fresh and bigger job market.  DFW is just swarming with jobs, but I can't move down there until I'm out of debt.

Tulsa's unemployment rate is currently 3.6%; Oklahoma City's is 3.5%. It's 4.4% in Dallas.

Your problem is not a lack of available jobs. The problem is your work history. Nothing will change if you waste a ton of money by moving again.

While that's definitely an issue, I can personally attest to the fact that there are very few entry-level CAD jobs in either Tulsa or Oklahoma City.  Everybody wants experience.  So, how do I get the experience if nobody wants to give me the experience?
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2015, 06:25:54 PM »

While that's definitely an issue, I can personally attest to the fact that there are very few entry-level CAD jobs in either Tulsa or Oklahoma City.  Everybody wants experience.  So, how do I get the experience if nobody wants to give me the experience?

Everyone in Dallas and Albuquerque is going to want experience too.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2015, 06:28:19 PM »

Everyone in Dallas and Albuquerque is going to want experience too.

True, but there might be more entry-level especially in DFW as you have two major cities plus several major suburbs.  Last I checked, DFW is the 4th largest metro area in the country behind NYC, LA, and Chicago.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2015, 06:29:54 PM »

Tulsa's unemployment rate is currently 3.6%; Oklahoma City's is 3.5%. It's 4.4% in Dallas.

Your problem is not a lack of available jobs. The problem is your work history. Nothing will change if you waste a ton of money by moving again.

You already have CADD experience. How did that go again?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2015, 06:56:02 PM »

You already have CADD experience. How did that go again?

I've got 5 months experience, but everybody requires at least 2 years, some 5-10 years.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2015, 07:01:06 PM »

If you can prove in your cover letter and interview that you know as much about CAD as someone with 2 years experience, you'll be able to land the job. However,  we all know you probably know less about CAD than the average person with 5 months experience
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2015, 07:14:47 PM »

What sorts of jobs are you planning on looking for when you get back to OKC?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2015, 07:32:28 PM »

Other than CAD, I don't really know, yet.  I'll diversify my applications for sure, but I'm not exactly sure, yet.  I imagine I'll put in some retail applications, maybe some grocery store applications.  I don't want to do fast food, because I don't think I could lift the grease pans without spilling grease all over the floor.  Other places, too, I'm sure.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2015, 07:37:39 PM »

Cost of living is way too high.  Plus Oklahoma > California.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2015, 07:44:03 PM »

Cost of living is way too high.  Plus Oklahoma > California.

If you said Oklahomans > Californians, you'd at least be correct in one sense.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2015, 07:50:07 PM »

Other than CAD, I don't really know, yet.  I'll diversify my applications for sure, but I'm not exactly sure, yet.  I imagine I'll put in some retail applications, maybe some grocery store applications.  I don't want to do fast food, because I don't think I could lift the grease pans without spilling grease all over the floor.  Other places, too, I'm sure.

Is that your sole justification for not doing fast food? It's not like lifting grease pans constitutes 78 percent of the job ... and if you can't do it, you can't do it. I'm sure McDonald's doesn't force everyone to "lift the grease pans or take a hike." Plenty of petite women work in fast food.

Not that such a job would be good for your diet ... but I'll tell you one thing: it's accessible short-term income and a respectable-enough job in the meantime.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies