Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:32:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221782 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: February 13, 2015, 10:25:03 AM »

Nah, Grumps is right, I've been napping for most of the day. 

Do you have any idea how repulsive that is given your current status and all that your family is doing for you?

Bushie is petered out from doing applications the previous day so he needs a nap and there's NOTHING WRONG with that and DONT YOU DARE mention his family you have NO IDEA what you're talking about.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #126 on: February 13, 2015, 10:34:52 AM »
« Edited: February 13, 2015, 10:40:17 AM by Lame Duck Obama »

This job search day is off to a great start.   I've only been searching since 0900 and I've already got a meeting with a recruiter with another recruiter today at 1330.  It's not an interview, but its the first bite on anything I've had this week.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #127 on: February 13, 2015, 10:37:46 AM »

This job search day is off to a great start.   I've only been searching since 0900 and I've already got an interview with another recruiter today at 1330.  It's not an interview, but its the first bite on anything I've had this week.

😟 uhhhhhh.... What?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2015, 10:39:50 AM »

This job search day is off to a great start.   I've only been searching since 0900 and I've already got an interview with another recruiter today at 1330.  It's not an interview, but its the first bite on anything I've had this week.

😟 uhhhhhh.... What?

Oops, I meant meeting with a recruiter...  My bad.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #129 on: February 13, 2015, 10:53:19 AM »

Are you going to talk to Allison this weekend?  If you don't I can't imagine how her FB feed is going to be depressing.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #130 on: February 13, 2015, 11:04:41 AM »

Of course he could always try to get work with a normal taxi firm; presumably Oklahoma City has about a billion of these.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2015, 11:22:24 AM »

Wasn't around last night so will chime in now.  I think this is something with potential for Bushie.  It has some physical labor, but not to the point where its likely to be too demanding.  The fact he is moving around for a good portion of his shift is a bit of a good thing.  It isn't a scam and is a legit job.   When you have the interview I would look into the specifics to see how much physical labor is required, but it seems like it shouldn't be too demanding from the description.

Will it be a good fit for Bushie?  Maybe, maybe not, but it is a legit and honest job.  Even more important than that, it is starting to show that Bushie is finally starting to expand is horizons.  Even if this particular offer or position doesn't work out, that is an huge step in the right direction.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2015, 11:29:10 AM »

Score! I have a meeting with yet another CAD recruiter this coming Wednesday at 1500.  This will make 4 CAD recruiters and 1 IT recruiter on board helping me look plus these other applications I have put in with Macy's and this window washing company.  The recruiter I'm meeting with this afternoon is IT.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2015, 11:30:48 AM »

^ Congrats! Remember to practice for those interviews!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2015, 11:37:36 AM »

Of course he could always try to get work with a normal taxi firm; presumably Oklahoma City has about a billion of these.
Taxis are not a common thing in midsized US cities. Most people already have cars, and those who don't are likely too poor to afford cab fare. Here in my hometown, one almost never sees them, though a few do exist.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2015, 11:40:31 AM »

Taxis are not a common thing in midsized US cities. Most people already have cars, and those who don't are likely too poor to afford cab fare. Here in my hometown, one almost never sees them, though a few do exist.

Seriously? How odd. Even large villages here often have a taxi firm.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #136 on: February 13, 2015, 11:44:44 AM »

Taxis are quite common in Minneapolis, although we're not as sprawly as Memphis or OKC.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #137 on: February 13, 2015, 11:51:33 AM »

Yeah, there are taxi companies everywhere. If you Google either "Oklahoma City taxi" or "Tulsa taxi" you get multiple hits for each, suggesting that there are various companies in each place.

Now, what is true in, say, Madison, and likely also Oklahoma, is that they're uncommon enough that you have to call one, and that if you just randomly go into the street in the hopes of hailing a cab like in a large city, you'll have no hope. But that's presumably also true in a British small town.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2015, 12:09:08 PM »

There are taxi companies at almost every single train station on Long Island
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2015, 12:12:26 PM »

Taxis out west are overpriced garbage and very inconvenient to call for use. They only work in a few cities out here like San Francisco and Denver that have vibrant downtown areas.

Uber will definitely take off here for its simplicity and overrun the taxi companies.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2015, 01:02:27 PM »

Taxis are quite common in Minneapolis, although we're not as sprawly as Memphis or OKC.
Minneapolis is a much bigger metro. As sprawl goes, Memphis isn't bad at all. From my home, I can be just about anywhere (that's actually developed; census bureau definitions are absurdly broad) in 20 minutes. That's definately not true of anybody in big cities, where traffic and suburbs that extend forever can make crossing the area take forever.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2015, 01:51:21 PM »

I'm about to leave at 1300 for the recruiter meeting.  This is only an IT recruiter, not a CAD recruiter, but it might potentially lead to something.  After the meeting, I have nothing else that I have to do the rest of the afternoon and evening.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2015, 01:51:25 PM »

BTW, for those wondering about the grease pan excuse, I believe many seasons ago, Bushie mentioned in passing he was fired from KFC in high school for spilling grease

Ha, I knew it. That was way too specific to be a coincidence.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2015, 01:54:26 PM »

A "legit" taxi company would be a horrible drain for Jeff. The reason most taxi companies fight Uber so hard it because of the absolute racket they're running.

In Kansas City, a cab driver has to pay a $500-per-week leasing fee for his cab; plus, they don't eat what they kill. A big portion of everything they make is going back to the owner, as well. That's why cab drivers have become so irritating about tips ... they're critical for their own survival. On the other hand, I think it's annoying as hell to be expected to tip a cab driver on top of an already-overpriced ride simply because the cab company is running a giant scheme.

Screw cab companies. Uber is the way to go.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2015, 02:02:06 PM »

In Kansas City, a cab driver has to pay a $500-per-week leasing fee for his cab; plus, they don't eat what they kill. A big portion of everything they make is going back to the owner, as well. That's why cab drivers have become so irritating about tips ... they're critical for their own survival. On the other hand, I think it's annoying as hell to be expected to tip a cab driver on top of an already-overpriced ride simply because the cab company is running a giant scheme.

So basically, something Jeff would absolutely say yes to?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2015, 02:06:04 PM »

Why does Bushie always go through these shady recruiters. Can't he just go to target.com and apply for a job?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #146 on: February 13, 2015, 02:08:30 PM »

Why does Bushie always go through these shady recruiters. Can't he just go to target.com and apply for a job?

When you submit your resume to a recruiter, they call you immediately and pump sunshine up your butt. Bushie likes instant gratification. It's why he takes scam jobs that off him the "job" in the middle of the interview.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #147 on: February 13, 2015, 02:18:42 PM »

Have you considered Bakersfield? I think you would like it there.

Cost of living is way too high.  Plus Oklahoma > California.

I ask because Bakersfield is just like Oklahoma, but far enough away that it would be a different experience.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #148 on: February 13, 2015, 02:22:20 PM »

When you submit your resume to a recruiter, they call you immediately and pump sunshine up your butt. Bushie likes instant gratification. It's why he takes scam jobs that off him the "job" in the middle of the interview.

I thought God was Bushie's recruiter?  Does God need to use the phone?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #149 on: February 13, 2015, 03:05:24 PM »

I thought God was Bushie's recruiter?  Does God need to use the phone?
Bushie needs more recruiters than just god.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies