Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:33:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221760 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: February 14, 2015, 10:36:53 AM »

Well, considering Bushie didn't say otherwise, I'll just assume he avoided walking on Friday the 13th. I hope he at least ate healthy.

When I started the diet a week ago, I said I was going to walk 5 days a week.  I had walked everyday Saturday through Thursday, so I took yesterday off, but will get back out there for a little bit today.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #201 on: February 14, 2015, 10:37:57 AM »

Good evening, guys.  I'll be perfectly honest, this IT job would be a Help Desk, like what I did at Dell in Oklahoma City and at Xerox in Utah.  It is a call center, but a higher-end call center.  I had pretty decent success at Dell as I was there for a solid year and was only evicted due to a downsizing.  This was still near the height of the recession in May 2012 that I was let go.  I could have gone a lot longer in Utah had I not made the rash decision to come home to OKC for CAD school.  So, the question is not can I do it, because I know I can.  Plus, now, I am 3 years older than I was at Dell and am a little more mature.  I am ready to settle down into a career and I think this Help Desk could be the ticket to do just that.

Let me also be clear that the Help Desk position is not the only game in town right now. I still have the application in at the window washing company and the meeting with the recruiter next Wednesday is for CAD jobs.  Ultimately, I would still like a CAD job, but right now, I will take the first legitimate job to come along.  I will still keep looking for other opportunities throughout the weekend so I can have a leg up on the job search for Monday.

I call bullshinks bullshinks and you get insulted but I'm right.  Lol. Pathetic.

You can believe whatever fantasy you want.  What I said in that post is absolutely true.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #202 on: February 14, 2015, 01:05:03 PM »

Bushie, you should try to get up to 25 or 30 minutes per walk this week. Adding 5 to 10 minutes per week would be good for you.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #203 on: February 14, 2015, 01:15:47 PM »

I'd LOVE to see Bushie run in my track team at school with our 5-10 mile/day regimen.  He'd get destroyed. Smiley
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #204 on: February 14, 2015, 02:48:03 PM »

Given how low the bar for duration is for Bushie's walking, it's amazing to me that there are any days he doesn't hit his target. I don't have to plan or think about walking 15 minutes per day. That's just part of living a non disabled life.
Reginald
« Reply #205 on: February 14, 2015, 04:01:52 PM »

Hopefully Bushie achieves a new walking distance today. I'm close enough to Tulsa to know it's beautiful outside, and tomorrow's going to be ugly.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #206 on: February 14, 2015, 05:34:08 PM »

Bushie you never worked FOR Dell or Xerox. You worked at their contracted call centers that were nothing more than people mills. Cut the bullsh**t.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #207 on: February 14, 2015, 05:50:18 PM »

Grumps, I have worked specifically for Dell and Xerox.  My paychecks came directly from the two companies.  They are much more than people mills.  I was at Dell for a year, so I had some good, decent success and was starting to build longevity there had I not run into a downsizing.  I can tell you from personal experience they are not people mills.  Some of the call centers I have worked at are people mills, but not Dell or Xerox.  When I worked at both places, I never saw mass firings or mass hiring's.  Sure, there were people let go and there were people hired on, but not in waves like you find at people mills.  I have no doubt I can do this next call center and have success there.  I am not worried about it at all, and I have no reason to be.  Is a call center my first choice?  Of course it's not, but right now I can't exactly be picky.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #208 on: February 14, 2015, 06:55:09 PM »

Given how low the bar for duration is for Bushie's walking, it's amazing to me that there are any days he doesn't hit his target. I don't have to plan or think about walking 15 minutes per day. That's just part of living a non disabled life.

I know, it is quite amazing. I just walked about 30 minutes round trip to get lunch. Walking only 15 minutes in a day is inconceivable to me.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #209 on: February 14, 2015, 07:03:41 PM »

Guys, we need to give Bushie the benefit of the doubt here. As he said, when he failed at call centers back in 2012, he was nothing but a young buck of 29 too immature to know better. Now he's a 32 year old man, seasoned and wary of the world.

Now, the call centers he failed at in 2014 and 2013. Those don't count. They weren't help desk.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #210 on: February 14, 2015, 07:35:54 PM »

Grumps, to answer one of your earlier questions, I did wish Allison a Happy Valentine's Day.  We are starting to communicate again.  We plan to eat lunch together on Monday, February 23.  She'll be in Tulsa for a doctor's appointment, so we're going to have lunch together that day.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #211 on: February 14, 2015, 07:37:08 PM »

I've seen the call center episodes so many times already. I'm ready for the one where Papa cuts Bushie off. I know it's coming so soon. I can taste it!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #212 on: February 14, 2015, 07:43:27 PM »

I had walked everyday Saturday through Thursday, so I took yesterday off, but will get back out there for a little bit today.

So have you done this yet?

And what was for dinner, yesterday and today?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #213 on: February 14, 2015, 07:55:36 PM »

I had walked everyday Saturday through Thursday, so I took yesterday off, but will get back out there for a little bit today.

Yes, I got out there for 20 minutes this afternoon before the cold front came through.

Yesterday, I went out for Mexican food and tonight, I had 4 slices of pizza.  The dinners weren't good, but I have been keeping up with the water.  Generally having 3-4 glasses a day.  Tomorrow, I will get back to cooking my own meals as the roads will likely be slick in the evening with sleet and snow overnight into Monday morning.  I don't plan on going anywhere on Monday, either, so I will eat in that night, as well.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #214 on: February 14, 2015, 08:37:30 PM »

Yes, I got out there for 20 minutes this afternoon before the cold front came through.

Yesterday, I went out for Mexican food and tonight, I had 4 slices of pizza.  The dinners weren't good, but I have been keeping up with the water.  Generally having 3-4 glasses a day.  Tomorrow, I will get back to cooking my own meals as the roads will likely be slick in the evening with sleet and snow overnight into Monday morning.  I don't plan on going anywhere on Monday, either, so I will eat in that night, as well.

Domino's slices?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #215 on: February 14, 2015, 08:42:16 PM »

Domino's slices?

Marco's Pizza.  I'm not a fan of Domino's recipe.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #216 on: February 14, 2015, 08:57:22 PM »

Grumps, to answer one of your earlier questions, I did wish Allison a Happy Valentine's Day.  We are starting to communicate again.  We plan to eat lunch together on Monday, February 23.  She'll be in Tulsa for a doctor's appointment, so we're going to have lunch together that day.

!!!!!!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #217 on: February 14, 2015, 09:19:33 PM »

You walked for 20 mins? That's adorable! I ran 6 miles today. And when I started working out, I would RUN for at least 10 minutes, walk 10, and rotate that for an hour. And I was 315lbs. What's your excuse, fatisha?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #218 on: February 14, 2015, 10:08:04 PM »

Other than the walking, I didn't get anything else done today.  I just had absolutely no energy today even though it was 75 degrees earlier this afternoon (It is currently in the lower 40s).  I needed to do laundry, but I just did not have the energy to get started on it.  I needed to go to Walmart, but I did not have the energy to do that, either.  The walking was literally the only thing I got done today.  The most productive thing I did other than walk was check the mail...  I have had a Grade 5-6 headache all day, so that may have contributed to the lack of energy, but still I feel like I wasted a good day.
Panda Express

« Reply #219 on: February 14, 2015, 10:16:29 PM »

Why do you think you have no energy today? The 10 minute walk? The text to Allison?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #220 on: February 14, 2015, 10:19:52 PM »

One call and a date is set? Allison is Thirstie for Bushie.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #221 on: February 14, 2015, 10:28:02 PM »

Other than the walking, I didn't get anything else done today.  I just had absolutely no energy today even though it was 75 degrees earlier this afternoon (It is currently in the lower 40s).  I needed to do laundry, but I just did not have the energy to get started on it.  I needed to go to Walmart, but I did not have the energy to do that, either.  The walking was literally the only thing I got done today.  The most productive thing I did other than walk was check the mail...  I have had a Grade 5-6 headache all day, so that may have contributed to the lack of energy, but still I feel like I wasted a good day.

You are just pathetic.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #222 on: February 14, 2015, 10:30:20 PM »

I haven't heard about the headaches in awhile from you. Normally eating healthier would mitigate their intensity (or so I would logically think). Have you experienced that? I know pizza/Mexican is not the best, but it's better than/less than what you've had for months.

I would also hope fresh air can help too. You've got to continuing walking. 10 minutes isn't good enough. You've really got to push yourself. I know today is wasted, but make a change tomorrow. 10 minutes is going in the wrong direction. If you have to start slower than others, fine. I don't expect 5 miles, but you've got to show incremental progress, and you've got to hold yourself to goals.

That Oklahoma loss was probably the last straw of a bad day. I don't mean to rub it in because the Big XII is just absolutely brutal. Road games, man. OSU got it bad too. At least they should be set for March.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #223 on: February 14, 2015, 10:34:27 PM »

I haven't heard about the headaches in awhile from you. Normally eating healthier would mitigate their intensity (or so I would logically think). Have you experienced that? I know pizza/Mexican is not the best, but it's better than/less than what you've had for months.

I would also hope fresh air can help too. You've got to continuing walking. 10 minutes isn't good enough. You've really got to push yourself. I know today is wasted, but make a change tomorrow. 10 minutes is going in the wrong direction. If you have to start slower than others, fine. I don't expect 5 miles, but you've got to show incremental progress, and you've got to hold yourself to goals.

That Oklahoma loss was probably the last straw of a bad day. I don't mean to rub it in because the Big XII is just absolutely brutal. Road games, man. OSU got it bad too. At least they should be set for March.

I actually walked 20 minutes today.  Panda just misquoted.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #224 on: February 14, 2015, 11:59:28 PM »
« Edited: February 15, 2015, 12:08:40 AM by Wulfric »

Bushie said he would eat out no more than twice each week, during his first week he did so three times. Burger King Burger on Wednesday, Mexican Food on Friday, (possibly Take-Out) Marco's Pizza on Saturday.

Diet Record = Tainted (Even more than it already was)!

Also, 10 minutes, 20 minutes, that's just pathetic in terms of walking. You need to get it up to 30 right now if you want it to mean anything.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies