Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:18:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221634 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: February 15, 2015, 12:19:29 AM »

Yeah, I know I messed up on the eating out today.  Truth is, it was all a part of the lack of energy today.  I did not feel like fixing anything and instead took the easy way out and had pizza delivered.  I didn't even feel like getting out and getting the food.  Right now, I'm bummed that I wasted such a beautiful day.  Tomorrow won't be near as nice.  It will be cold, cloudy, and will end with some light freezing rain, sleet and 2" of snow by sunrise Monday.  The day did not start off well as I woke up at 0915, but went back to bed at 1030 and slept until after 1300.  I could never get going after that.  I had absolutely no motivation and no energy.  So, tonight, I'm feeling quite bummed.  I know everybody has days like this, but it doesn't help my bummed feeling.  I'll be okay, though.  Maybe a good night's sleep and a good morning at church will be the tonic I need.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #226 on: February 15, 2015, 01:07:20 AM »

Yes, brush away the thought of failure: everybody has days like this. Of course, not everybody is a 32-year-old, unemployed, mooching off his parents, morbidly obese man. But yes ... we all have our days.

You've had literally years "like this."

Don't like it? Tough. I told you during the last "season" of this ridiculousness that you deserved no kudos because you couldn't last a week committing to anything. Looks like I was spot on (hmm, maybe 20 "seasons" of history had something to do with my bold prediction).

You are a (barely) walking, talking temporal-causality loop.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #227 on: February 15, 2015, 03:16:20 AM »

What the hell are you expending this energy on? Frantic sitting?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #228 on: February 15, 2015, 06:56:49 AM »

Yes, brush away the thought of failure: everybody has days like this. Of course, not everybody is a 32-year-old, unemployed, mooching off his parents, morbidly obese man. But yes ... we all have our days.

You've had literally years "like this."

Don't like it? Tough. I told you during the last "season" of this ridiculousness that you deserved no kudos because you couldn't last a week committing to anything. Looks like I was spot on (hmm, maybe 20 "seasons" of history had something to do with my bold prediction).

You are a (barely) walking, talking temporal-causality loop.

I never had a sense of failure.  Why? Because I have not failed.  Failure is when you give up.  I haven't given up and I won't give up.  In fact, I'm pretty successful.   I feel as though I'm just as good as anybody else.  I am not ashamed by anything in my life and nor should I be.

I feel better this morning.  I no longer feel bummed, but I feel refreshed.

No one can tell me I am a failure or that I have failed because I won't believe either of those statements.  I'm not where I want to be, but that doesn't mean I have failed or that I should be ashamed.

And, where was I asking for kudos?  I don't see it either from last week or last night.  You're making stuff up.

Again, I have nothing to be ashamed of and I have not failed at this thing called life.
Panda Express

« Reply #229 on: February 15, 2015, 07:22:04 AM »

Why were you bummed? Was it because you were alone on Valentine's Day?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #230 on: February 15, 2015, 08:19:53 AM »

I never had a sense of failure.  Why? Because I have not failed.  Failure is when you give up.  I haven't given up and I won't give up.  In fact, I'm pretty successful.   I feel as though I'm just as good as anybody else.  I am not ashamed by anything in my life and nor should I be.
BushOklahoma, Father of the Failure Acceptance movement.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #231 on: February 15, 2015, 08:28:45 AM »

I love how Bushie's approach to life is like that of his faith - facts will not get in my way, you cannot tell me I'm wrong, because the I'm not.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #232 on: February 15, 2015, 09:45:34 AM »

Grumps, I have worked specifically for Dell and Xerox.  My paychecks came directly from the two companies.  They are much more than people mills. 

From March 2011 -

I was doing a little job search on Career Builder.com this afternoon and I ran across an ad for a Help Desk Technician for a client in Oklahoma City that would pay $13.00/hr.  The client happens to be Dell.  I would need a medium security clearance.  She basically did a mini-interview over the phone with me just now and she loved the fact that I have 2 years of customer service experience and a college degree in the IT field.  She is going to get me started this afternoon on the application and security clearance paperwork.  This may take about a week or so, and then she will contact Dell and ask for a start date, which will probably be in early-mid April.  It is a call center, but it's in my degree field.

I don't care if a selfie of Michael Dell's penis was on your paycheck, you worked for a people mill.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #233 on: February 15, 2015, 09:56:18 AM »

What does a call center look like?  Is it endless rows of desks or is it more like Workaholics?  Bushie should just drop the Christian lifestyle nonsense and find some recent college grads to room with and spend his days smoking/drinking/partying.  Yea... That's a lot to ask, but I think he could wind up being like Animal House's Flounder.

"We're goin' to go to a stripping club!?  Oh boy!  Oh booooooooy!"
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #234 on: February 15, 2015, 10:20:05 AM »

What does a call center look like?  Is it endless rows of desks or is it more like Workaholics?  Bushie should just drop the Christian lifestyle nonsense and find some recent college grads to room with and spend his days smoking/drinking/partying.  Yea... That's a lot to ask, but I think he could wind up being like Animal House's Flounder.

"We're goin' to go to a stripping club!?  Oh boy!  Oh booooooooy!"

Depends on the call center really. Obviously all have cubicle farms, but what goes wildly varies. I once worked at one where the supervisors and management liked to have battles with Nerf guns in the aisles on the floor.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #235 on: February 15, 2015, 10:37:12 AM »

You know what's funny is Bushie even trying to get into the IT path now. Even if Bushie got some IT certification it'd obviously go the same route as CADD, he'd phone it in during class, wouldn't have good skills, and then pick up an entry level job or two only to fall flat on his face during the actual work. Be besides that, IT is like the polar opposite of the type of job Bushie wants. Seeing as how he's a senior citizen in a 32 year old's man body, Bushie obviously wants to work in a "Mad Men" style environment, where he wears a suit and tie every day in a clean professional office. But outside of law firms and some very high level management places (and hell even then it's not true for some of the biggest corporations, I guarantee you there aren't many ties in Apple or Google board meetings), and he quit the easiest "job" he ever had because some of his co-workers smoked pot.

Well here's the facts: There are plenty of high level IT workers who wear band shirts and sports jerseys with torn jeans to work and make six figures. And if you want to avoid people getting high, that is definitely NOT your field either, it's more of a question of if people are at least waiting until they get home to get high or are secretly doing it at work as well. Amusingly I once read about some company that intentionally put in a loophole to the drug testing policy so they would NOT have to drug test their IT staff.

When you think about it, Bushie actually somehow manging to land a $40-$50k/year job and then quitting because he finds out his manager is a pothead would be the most Update thing ever...except it'd first have to involve Bushie landing a $40-$50k/year job.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #236 on: February 15, 2015, 11:34:49 AM »

Bushie, why are you wary of people who smoke pot?  It's demonstrably less harmful than even caffeine in most cases.  Does the Bible say one word about pot?  And if it does not, aren't any "rules" you are getting about pot coming directly from fellow fallible sinners like yourself?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #237 on: February 15, 2015, 11:51:49 AM »

Bushie, why are you wary of people who smoke pot?  It's demonstrably less harmful than even caffeine in most cases.  Does the Bible say one word about pot?  And if it does not, aren't any "rules" you are getting about pot coming directly from fellow fallible sinners like yourself?

As King once pointed out, the only parts of the Bible one could read as condemning marijuana use would be the stuff about your body being a temple, and LOL if Bushie wants to seriously wants to make that argument.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #238 on: February 15, 2015, 12:09:00 PM »

You guys are totally missing the boat on why Bushie wants to work in an office. It's not about the ties. It's about telling people at church and on the facial that he works for HyperGlobalCorportion, which everybody at church knows is a prestegious thing to do. It isn't about wanting to dress a certain way. It's about the smug satisfaction of namedropping.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #239 on: February 15, 2015, 12:23:20 PM »

Early entry for the title of Update XXII.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #240 on: February 15, 2015, 12:30:03 PM »

You are morbidly obese, and despite all your efforts your weight has only gone UP in recent years.
You are a 32 year old man still dependent on his parents.
You haven't held a job in the last four years you were not fired from, and you've only held one job close to a year.
You had to bail on your goal of going to Kenya (not that that was a bad decision), and have reinstated it, but are no closer to it than you were three years ago when you started all of this goal.

All evidence points otherwise.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #241 on: February 15, 2015, 12:37:59 PM »

I'm sure Papa and his dry bank account agrees with Our Dear Friend, and NOTHING IS WRONG WITH THAT.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #242 on: February 15, 2015, 12:38:49 PM »

Are you on nap 1 or nap 2 right now?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #243 on: February 15, 2015, 12:51:20 PM »

As King once pointed out, the only parts of the Bible one could read as condemning marijuana use would be the stuff about your body being a temple, and LOL if Bushie wants to seriously wants to make that argument.

Yea, that would be insane.  (Though not beyond him to do so)  More likely just an effect of the fact that Christians of his ilk hardly want anyone in their tribe to be doing too much thinking or mind-expanding. 
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #244 on: February 15, 2015, 01:13:41 PM »

If it at 7,486th you don't succeed, try and try again
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #245 on: February 15, 2015, 01:25:47 PM »
« Edited: February 15, 2015, 01:28:55 PM by memphis »

It does seem like Bushie was inflicted by too many late 20th century self help books. Today is the first day of the rest of your life! See it and be it! If your heart can dream it and your mind can conceive it, then you can acheive it! You're good enough. You're smart enough! And gosh darn it, people like you. Bushie is a walking living counterargument to the Self Esteem movement.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #246 on: February 15, 2015, 01:29:09 PM »

I never said I didn't have problems, in fact I have many.  What I'm saying is God doesn't see me as a failure.  He sees me as a success because I have trusted Him as my Savior and Lord.  Without Him, I am a complete and utter wreck, but with Him I have been made new.  If God, who is the ultimate authority of my life and who holds the deed to my life, doesn't see me as a failure then why would I see myself as a failure.  I don't have it all figured out.  But, I serve a God who does.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #247 on: February 15, 2015, 01:31:06 PM »

Did God tell you that?  Whisper it in your ear or something?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #248 on: February 15, 2015, 01:32:10 PM »

God told you to go to Kenya in 2012 and you didn't do it. You angered the Father.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #249 on: February 15, 2015, 01:34:13 PM »

If you really trust in Him, why don't you ask Papa to cut you off of assistance so that He may catch you as you fall and lift you up? I think that makes the most sense spiritually.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies