Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:08:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221852 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: February 15, 2015, 06:33:51 PM »

Well here's the facts: There are plenty of high level IT workers who wear band shirts and sports jerseys with torn jeans to work and make six figures. And if you want to avoid people getting high, that is definitely NOT your field either, it's more of a question of if people are at least waiting until they get home to get high or are secretly doing it at work as well.

I'm not denying that there are people like this, but both my parents' careers are in this field and I've worked in it as well and that hasn't been my experience at all. There tends to be a large population of foreign-born workers at every office; while they dress casually for work, they are generally conservative in their lifestyle, and that sets the tone for the rest of the office. It might be different in more Internet- and consumer-oriented businesses, but in general Silicon Valley does not look like Silicon Valley.

There's also a huge difference in corporate culture between a Silicon Valley startup and a more established "old tech" firm like HP or IBM.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #301 on: February 15, 2015, 07:35:43 PM »

Here's a surprising, totally off-the-wall, piece of useless information.  It turns out our friend and Atlas Alum, jamespol, grew up in Ferguson, MO.  He worked at the convenience store that was at the center of the investigation last fall.  This verifies to some of our earlier conversations in 2007-2009ish that he was working at a convenience store in Ferguson.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #302 on: February 15, 2015, 07:36:30 PM »

Are you still in touch with jamespol? I thought you said you weren't talking to him any more.
Panda Express

« Reply #303 on: February 15, 2015, 07:37:22 PM »

LOL people believing in the story of Adam and Eve in 2015.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #304 on: February 15, 2015, 07:40:44 PM »

one of my best friends believes in Young Earth, historical Adam, historical Noah and flood.  he's also a computer engineer, not a two-bit sponge.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #305 on: February 15, 2015, 07:45:09 PM »

Are you still in touch with jamespol? I thought you said you weren't talking to him any more.

We've recently reconnected.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #306 on: February 15, 2015, 07:45:53 PM »

one of my best friends believes in Young Earth, historical Adam, historical Noah and flood.  he's also a computer engineer, not a two-bit sponge.

If he believes that, then he is a sponge.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #307 on: February 15, 2015, 07:46:49 PM »

Interesting. What is old jamespol up to these days? Tell him that we Atlas Forum posters all miss him very much.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #308 on: February 15, 2015, 08:00:25 PM »

Interesting. What is old jamespol up to these days? Tell him that we Atlas Forum posters all miss him very much.

He's living and working and going to school in Salt Lake City.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #309 on: February 15, 2015, 10:48:26 PM »

If he believes that, then he is a sponge.

yes, he does tend to regurgitate whatever he gets from his favorite New Calvinists (McArthur, Piper, Washer...)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #310 on: February 15, 2015, 11:54:18 PM »

We have just had our first round of freezing rain outside my apartment.  My car is covered in a thin sheet of ice.  The precip will pick back up in the next few minutes and transition over to mostly snow around midnight and last until daybreak.  Tulsa should be 4-6" of snow on top of a thin tenth of an inch of ice.  That's small potatoes compared to the punishment Boston is enduring, but still 4-6" of snow is pretty significant for NE Oklahoma.  Tomorrow's job search will be conducted from the warmth of my apartment.  All this snow is after 76 degrees early Saturday afternoon.  The soil temperatures are dropping pretty fast and the bridges are already slick and the roads will follow suit very shortly.  The good news is we should see some sunshine tomorrow afternoon and get close to freezing for a high so we might get a little melting before dusk.
Panda Express

« Reply #311 on: February 15, 2015, 11:56:05 PM »

We have just had our first round of freezing rain outside my apartment.  My car is covered in a thin sheet of ice.  The precip will pick back up in the next few minutes and transition over to mostly snow around midnight and last until daybreak.  Tulsa should be 4-6" of snow on top of a thin tenth of an inch of ice.  That's small potatoes compared to the punishment Boston is enduring, but still 4-6" of snow is pretty significant for NE Oklahoma.  Tomorrow's job search will be conducted from the warmth of my apartment.  All this snow is after 76 degrees early Saturday afternoon.  The soil temperatures are dropping pretty fast and the bridges are already slick and the roads will follow suit very shortly.  The good news is we should see some sunshine tomorrow afternoon and get close to freezing for a high so we might get a little melting before dusk.

What did you have for lunch and dinner today?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #312 on: February 16, 2015, 12:02:42 AM »

What did you have for lunch and dinner today?

I was invited out to lunch by the youth minister and his family at church to Red Robin in Broken Arrow.  So, I had a Bacon Cheeseburger and some fries.  To compensate, I didn't have any supper.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #313 on: February 16, 2015, 12:15:09 AM »

We're experiencing thunder snow and thunder sleet on our own complete with lightning.  Where's Jim Cantore when you need him?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #314 on: February 16, 2015, 12:20:16 AM »

Bushie, have you ever branched out and tried a cheeseburger that had a topping other than bacon on it? Red Robin has like a million different toppings.
Panda Express

« Reply #315 on: February 16, 2015, 12:21:31 AM »

Why would any adult go to Red Robin? It's basically Chuck E. Cheese.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #316 on: February 16, 2015, 01:24:15 AM »

Well, First day of Week Two, and Bushie's already taken one of his two-per-week "cheat meals". Interesting...
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #317 on: February 16, 2015, 01:25:18 AM »

So, I had a Bacon Cheeseburger and some fries.  To compensate, I didn't have any supper.

Instead of not having supper, you should have a carrot and a cucumber.  Do you like any kinds of nuts?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #318 on: February 16, 2015, 02:00:38 AM »

Well, First day of Week Two, and Bushie's already taken one of his two-per-week "cheat meals". Interesting...

I forget.  Do the eating out rules apply only to dinner, or to lunch as well?
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #319 on: February 16, 2015, 02:11:18 AM »

Bushie should take up the old Catholic tradition of fasting during Lent, since that's coming around this time of year. No meat on Ash Wednesday or Good Friday at the very least.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #320 on: February 16, 2015, 03:34:22 AM »

Bushie should take up the old Catholic tradition of fasting during Lent, since that's coming around this time of year. No meat on Ash Wednesday or Good Friday at the very least.

The Southern Baptist version of Lent is just like the Catholic version, but instead involves eating whatever you want as much as you want as often as you want.  Just like the Southern Baptist version of Ramadan, coincidentally.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #321 on: February 16, 2015, 03:44:53 AM »

I forget.  Do the eating out rules apply only to dinner, or to lunch as well?

I don't think it applies to social invitations, because that would be rude.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #322 on: February 16, 2015, 08:56:08 AM »

Why would any adult go to Red Robin? It's basically Chuck E. Cheese.

Well these Christians don't drink/smoke/curse/etc. so it makes sense for them to straddle line between activities fit for a child and those fit for an old.  I still giggle when I think about Bushie and his church friends all drinking soda at the bowling alley.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #323 on: February 16, 2015, 09:22:18 AM »

This is a great example of why we still need jmfcst around, because he went to town on Bushie whenever Bushie used this type of argument and way of thinking, and quite effectively too.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #324 on: February 16, 2015, 09:25:43 AM »

Okay, not for the entire year, but I was hired on by Dell after 9 months only to be let go due to a downsizing.

Always half-truths from Reverend Bushie.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies