Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:47:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221724 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: February 16, 2015, 09:28:13 AM »

We have just had our first round of freezing rain outside my apartment.  My car is covered in a thin sheet of ice.  The precip will pick back up in the next few minutes and transition over to mostly snow around midnight and last until daybreak.  Tulsa should be 4-6" of snow on top of a thin tenth of an inch of ice.  That's small potatoes compared to the punishment Boston is enduring, but still 4-6" of snow is pretty significant for NE Oklahoma.  Tomorrow's job search will be conducted from the warmth of my apartment.  All this snow is after 76 degrees early Saturday afternoon.  The soil temperatures are dropping pretty fast and the bridges are already slick and the roads will follow suit very shortly.  The good news is we should see some sunshine tomorrow afternoon and get close to freezing for a high so we might get a little melting before dusk.

What did you have for lunch and dinner today?

I was invited out to lunch by the youth minister and his family at church to Red Robin in Broken Arrow.  So, I had a Bacon Cheeseburger and some fries.  To compensate, I didn't have any supper.

RIP DIET.....for the 10th time since you started it. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #326 on: February 16, 2015, 09:29:32 AM »

So why do you and your good Christian brethren hate Catholics so much?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #327 on: February 16, 2015, 09:37:35 AM »

They corrupt God's word and make Jesus message about something other than eat as many burgers as possible because you've already been saved.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #328 on: February 16, 2015, 09:41:52 AM »

Hmmmm? Bushie never said he hates Catholics, quite the opposite in fact:

things ive learned over the last few pages:

1. only southern baptists go to heaven

2.  bushie still spends money for no good reason.

Nowhere have I ever said or implied that only Southern Baptists go to heaven.  The only requirement to go to heaven is that one admits to God they're a sinner, believes that Jesus died on the cross for their sin, and ask Him to come into their hearts and save them.  That's it.  Pure and simple.  Anybody can do that, not just Southern Baptists.  I have many friends who are Methodist, Nazarene, Catholic, and other denominations, and the entry requirement into heaven is the same across the board.

Couple other posts too but that's the first one I found.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #329 on: February 16, 2015, 10:10:26 AM »

Hmmmm? Bushie never said he hates Catholics, quite the opposite in fact:

things ive learned over the last few pages:

1. only southern baptists go to heaven

2.  bushie still spends money for no good reason.

Nowhere have I ever said or implied that only Southern Baptists go to heaven.  The only requirement to go to heaven is that one admits to God they're a sinner, believes that Jesus died on the cross for their sin, and ask Him to come into their hearts and save them.  That's it.  Pure and simple.  Anybody can do that, not just Southern Baptists.  I have many friends who are Methodist, Nazarene, Catholic, and other denominations, and the entry requirement into heaven is the same across the board.

Couple other posts too but that's the first one I found.

I'm more interested in if Bushie has any Jewish friends... hell... if he even knows one.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #330 on: February 16, 2015, 10:27:04 AM »

Good Monday Morning!  I don't know how much job searching I will get done today due to the snow.  Meaning, I don't know if the people I need to call were able to make it in to work this morning?  I totally understand if they were not able to, because there's no way I'm getting out today.  I'm still going to do what I can today and see what happens.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #331 on: February 16, 2015, 10:33:13 AM »

Why would any adult go to Red Robin? It's basically Chuck E. Cheese.
[\quote]

How exactly?  I always had the impression that Dave and Busters was the adult Chuck E. Cheese
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #332 on: February 16, 2015, 10:33:44 AM »

Good Monday Morning!  I don't know how much job searching I will get done today due to the snow.  Meaning, I don't know if the people I need to call were able to make it in to work this morning?  I totally understand if they were not able to, because there's no way I'm getting out today.  I'm still going to do what I can today and see what happens.

Is everyone in Oklahoma as big of a pussy as you when it comes to driving in a little bad weather?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #333 on: February 16, 2015, 10:44:37 AM »

Is everyone in Oklahoma as big of a pussy as you when it comes to driving in a little bad weather?

I'm not going to answer that.

Why can't you seem to ever speak peaceably to me?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #334 on: February 16, 2015, 10:51:49 AM »

Hahaha. Contrast that to me: I biked to work in -37F (windchill) today, into the wind. (Granted it was only for 25 minutes). I'd like to see Bushie even try to drive in -37.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #335 on: February 16, 2015, 10:52:53 AM »

Damn. I'm thankful it's up to 10F here now.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #336 on: February 16, 2015, 10:58:58 AM »

You won't drive in rain, or after a dusting of snow, or just about any other type of weather that isn't 72 and sunny.  Give me a reason dude.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #337 on: February 16, 2015, 11:00:36 AM »

You won't drive in rain, or after a dusting of snow, or just about any other type of weather that isn't 72 and sunny.  Give me a reason dude.

None of that is true.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #338 on: February 16, 2015, 11:22:50 AM »

We have just had our first round of freezing rain outside my apartment.  My car is covered in a thin sheet of ice.  The precip will pick back up in the next few minutes and transition over to mostly snow around midnight and last until daybreak.  Tulsa should be 4-6" of snow on top of a thin tenth of an inch of ice.  That's small potatoes compared to the punishment Boston is enduring, but still 4-6" of snow is pretty significant for NE Oklahoma.  Tomorrow's job search will be conducted from the warmth of my apartment.  All this snow is after 76 degrees early Saturday afternoon.  The soil temperatures are dropping pretty fast and the bridges are already slick and the roads will follow suit very shortly.  The good news is we should see some sunshine tomorrow afternoon and get close to freezing for a high so we might get a little melting before dusk.

What did you have for lunch and dinner today?

I was invited out to lunch by the youth minister and his family at church to Red Robin in Broken Arrow.  So, I had a Bacon Cheeseburger and some fries.  To compensate, I didn't have any supper.

RIP DIET.....for the 10th time since you started it. 
These are his diet rules, not yours. He said he would eat out no more than twice a week, not that he would never do so.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #339 on: February 16, 2015, 11:28:46 AM »

Bushie, you do know that any restaurant worth a damn these days has at least somewhat healthy options on a menu?  Eating out does not have to mean a bacon cheese quadrupa-burger with ranch.  Order a chicken caesar salad or something.

Would you like the recipe to my delicious morning breakfast smoothie?  It's nutrient rich and fantastic, and I usually don't feel like eating again until mid-afternoon.  And that means I'm less hungry at dinner and don't stuff my face. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #340 on: February 16, 2015, 12:05:36 PM »

Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #341 on: February 16, 2015, 12:18:58 PM »

Bushie has some (pretty spectacular) misconceptions about us, but I don't think he hates us or even considers us fake Christians.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #342 on: February 16, 2015, 12:26:54 PM »

Bushie has some (pretty spectacular) misconceptions about us, but I don't think he hates us or even considers us fake Christians.

I'm sure he's parroting whatever misconceptions he has.  No original thought at all.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #343 on: February 16, 2015, 12:28:06 PM »

I'm sure he's parroting whatever misconceptions he has.  No original thought at all.

Obviously, yeah.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #344 on: February 16, 2015, 12:38:15 PM »

Bushie, you do know that any restaurant worth a damn these days has at least somewhat healthy options on a menu?  Eating out does not have to mean a bacon cheese quadrupa-burger with ranch.  Order a chicken caesar salad or something.

Would you like the recipe to my delicious morning breakfast smoothie?  It's nutrient rich and fantastic, and I usually don't feel like eating again until mid-afternoon.  And that means I'm less hungry at dinner and don't stuff my face. 

It was a birthday party weekend, you mad man! Diets aren't meant for birthday party weekends!!

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #345 on: February 16, 2015, 01:38:30 PM »

How many hours has this nap lasted, Bushie?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #346 on: February 16, 2015, 01:47:23 PM »

Bushie not being online /=/ him sleeping
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #347 on: February 16, 2015, 01:47:53 PM »

You clearly don't know ODF
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #348 on: February 16, 2015, 01:50:35 PM »

Especially on a self-imposed snow day. Guaranteed he's napping on the couch watching The Weather Channel.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #349 on: February 16, 2015, 01:56:37 PM »

Especially on a self-imposed snow day. Guaranteed he's napping on the couch watching The Weather Channel.

Is he still billing himself as Oklahoma's premier go-to news source for all severe weather?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies