Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:35:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221808 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: February 16, 2015, 05:37:36 PM »

Bushie why are you still defying God's call to go to Africa? It's been 2 years since this powerful declaration from the Lord and you still haven't moved to Kenya

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=143929.msg3281119#msg3281119

You must be logged in to read this quote.

He mentioned 2 years ago he has work left for you in Oklahoma, but it's clear by the lack of job offers that he no longer has work for you in Oklahoma. Time to pack up and head out to the African continent.

One of my favorite jmfcst moments in Update was when he pointed out that this is nothing but a string of Bible quotations paraphrased with statements specific to the situation between them. Say what you will about jmfcst, but he was in fact a voice of reason in regards to Update.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #376 on: February 16, 2015, 05:43:20 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2015, 05:45:28 PM by HockeyDude »

Bushie why are you still defying God's call to go to Africa? It's been 2 years since this powerful declaration from the Lord and you still haven't moved to Kenya

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=143929.msg3281119#msg3281119

He mentioned 2 years ago he has work left for you in Oklahoma, but it's clear by the lack of job offers that he no longer has work for you in Oklahoma. Time to pack up and head out to the African continent.

One of my favorite jmfcst moments in Update was when he pointed out that this is nothing but a string of Bible quotations paraphrased with statements specific to the situation between them. Say what you will about jmfcst, but he was in fact a voice of reason in regards to Update.

I came to Update after Jim's Fist had be sent off into the wild blue yonder... but I would've truly loved seeing Bushie get grilled by a literalist who knows his stuff.

EDIT: although his sock cameos have been amazing.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #377 on: February 16, 2015, 05:48:14 PM »

incorrect.

retail jobs are the easiest to find.  what was that you said about desperate times?

For someone like Bushie who has been historically unable to hold a job for longer than a couple months at a time, temp jobs are about the only option left open.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #378 on: February 16, 2015, 06:08:20 PM »

Bushie, how much $ would you earn when you move to Kenya?  Presumably more than $0, and your living expenses would be less than in OK, so you might as well go there now.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #379 on: February 16, 2015, 06:09:39 PM »

Temp work is not necessarily worse than full time work and can be a lot better than retail, but only in very specific cases. For example a friend of mine is an architect and works contract to contract, the contracts being as short as a month and almost never over 3 months. So he's constantly interviewing and looking for new work. However since the contracts for that type of work tend to pay the equivalent of $70-80k a year, he's never hurting for money even when between contracts, as long as he doesn't blow all his money from the last one. There's a lot of other people who work similarly, freelance writers, and programmers and IT professionals for hire being the best examples.

But in Bushie's case the equivalent would be some CADD professional doing high level work on a per contract basis. The problem with this is:

1-Bushie can't even hold an entry level CADD job.
2-Bushie probably would find some way to blow all his money even if he made the equivalent of $70k/year for 3 months before he got the next position.

Also I'd imagine working in such a way requires great references from previous work, which Bushie clearly would not get.

Also I should note that because of the nature of the work the guy in question often works at least 50 hours and a week and sometimes as high as 60 during contracts, but also often gets a 1-2 week breather time between contracts. That would not work with Bushie who has trouble working even 40 hours two weeks in a row.

So, you're saying that I'm inferior to your friend?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #380 on: February 16, 2015, 06:34:27 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2015, 06:36:50 PM by Senator Polnut »

incorrect.

retail jobs are the easiest to find.  what was that you said about desperate times?

I applied at Macy's, but was rejected.

Um... what?

Can I also say how much I love the misplaced indignant tone of the response above. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #381 on: February 16, 2015, 06:41:54 PM »

incorrect.

retail jobs are the easiest to find.  what was that you said about desperate times?

I applied at Macy's, but was rejected.

Um... what?

Can I also say how much I love the misplaced indignant tone of the response above. 

For some reason, they didn't like my qualifications or found other resumes to be better qualified.

I'm just trying to get an idea of BRTD's motives.
Panda Express

« Reply #382 on: February 16, 2015, 06:48:03 PM »

For some reason, they didn't like my qualifications or found other resumes to be better qualified.

"For some reason"? Macy's is an image-oriented company. They aren't going to hire a 300 pound guy with Tourettes.  Come on. It's good that you're applying to other jobs besides CADD but let's not act like you working at Macy's was ever in the cards. Wal-Mart would be better suited for you.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #383 on: February 16, 2015, 06:50:24 PM »

"For some reason"? Macy's is an image-oriented company. They aren't going to hire a 300 pound guy with Tourettes.  Come on. It's good that you're applying to other jobs besides CADD but let's not act like you working at Macy's was ever in the cards. Wal-Mart would be better suited for you.

They had never seen me before, so how would they know I'm 288 and have Tourette's?

I've already said I've applied to Walmart before but have never gotten a call back.
Panda Express

« Reply #384 on: February 16, 2015, 06:58:28 PM »

They had never seen me before, so how would they know I'm 288 and have Tourette's?

because you left pizza sauce on the application

If you were to work at Wal-Mart, what would you most want to do? (like cashier, stockroom etc)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #385 on: February 16, 2015, 06:59:52 PM »

because you left pizza sauce on the application

If you were to work at Wal-Mart, what would you most want to do? (like cashier, stockroom etc)

Probably sales floor
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #386 on: February 16, 2015, 07:01:37 PM »

Macy's is a pretty premier job for someone with no retail experience.

it's not that hard to get a min wage job. Generally you should apply in person though
Panda Express

« Reply #387 on: February 16, 2015, 07:03:13 PM »

Probably sales floor

You realize that you have to walk around the store a lot with sales floor, right?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #388 on: February 16, 2015, 07:16:48 PM »

How many minutes of walking today, Bushie?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #389 on: February 16, 2015, 07:19:16 PM »

Slightly off-topic, I was majorly pissed off, when my phone pedometer shat itself yesterday and I lost all my data Sad

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #390 on: February 16, 2015, 07:19:31 PM »

Panda Express

« Reply #391 on: February 16, 2015, 07:23:29 PM »

BushOklahoma, have you thought about working at a hotel? If you work night shift, it will be slow and boring but depending on where you work, you can sit down for part of it and watch movies on your laptop. You'll only have a few things to do each night shift. It actually seems like a decent job for you. I worked at a hotel my last year and a half in college so I know a bit about it.
Panda Express

« Reply #392 on: February 16, 2015, 07:24:04 PM »

Next question

How many minutes of walking today, really?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #393 on: February 16, 2015, 07:29:33 PM »

The funny thing is that I spent roughly double that time just walking around campus to and from classes today.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #394 on: February 16, 2015, 07:32:01 PM »

The funny thing is that I spent roughly double that time just walking around campus to and from classes today.

Yeah, I too have a 15 minute walk to class and back and I walk there rough 3 times a day. That's an hour and a half. In 0-5 degree weather this week. You gota do something like up the reps or something at the very least.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #395 on: February 16, 2015, 07:51:05 PM »

Bushie went out walking in the snow? For 20 minutes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvK1F-Thrzk
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #396 on: February 16, 2015, 08:12:28 PM »

What was for dinner tonight, Bushie?

Also, when is the next scheduled weigh-in?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #397 on: February 16, 2015, 08:40:58 PM »

What was for dinner tonight, Bushie?

Also, when is the next scheduled weigh-in?

I had another bacon-tomato sandwich.  I wasn't real hungry tonight.

I completely missed the weigh-in yesterday.  I will do a weigh-in tomorrow morning.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #398 on: February 16, 2015, 08:47:17 PM »

I love how Bushie gets lettuce, no tomato on bacon burgers but tomato, no lettuce on BLTs. I'm sure there's a system behind it too!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #399 on: February 16, 2015, 08:49:46 PM »

I love how Bushie gets lettuce, no tomato on bacon burgers but tomato, no lettuce on BLTs. I'm sure there's a system behind it too!

I would have put lettuce on the sandwich making it a true BLT, but I have no lettuce.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies