Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:06:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 220860 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: February 19, 2015, 12:27:43 AM »
« edited: February 19, 2015, 12:31:29 AM by Lame Duck Obama »

More on the prophecy of the seven trumpets from Revelation.  This is also from Irvin Baxter.

There were/are seven trumpets (or seven major events in history leading up to the Battle of Armageddon the Second Coming of Jesus to the earth.

Here is what I believe:

1st trumpet:  World War I (Revelation 8:7)
2nd trumpet: World War II (Revelation 8:8-9)
3rd trumpet: Chernobyl (Revelation 8:10-11)
4th trumpet: The fall of the Berlin Wall (Revelation 8:12-13)
5th trumpet: Saddam Hussein destroying Kuwait in Operation Desert Shield (Revelation 9:1-12)
6th trumpet: World War 3, which I believe is the current war with ISIS, (Revelation 9:13-21)
7th trumpet: The Battle of Armageddon (Revelation 11:15-19)

So, yes, I believe we are at the very start of the Third World War, also known as the Sixth Trumpet War by the End Time ministry team.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #551 on: February 19, 2015, 12:27:46 AM »

Seriously? I go to an evangelical church and have NEVER heard anyone talk about this end times crap. It must be more of a Southern thing. But I always assumed it was pretty fringe even amongst conservative Christians.

Most Southern Baptists believe in this, at least in my observation. I don't think many other denominations do at all, and virtually no serious Bible scholars.

I remember a Baptist preacher insisting to me one time (friend of a friend) that the Gospel of John, epistles of John, and Revelation were all written by the same person, who was also the Apostle John. I'm certainly no expert, but I do know that has been conclusively disproven by linguistic analysis. I just don't understand why anyone would continue to believe that when it's been demonstrated to be false. However, if the epistles of John (which very briefly give the Bible's only mention of an "Antichrist") are accepted to have nothing to do whatsoever with the Revelation of some other guy named John, then the whole flashy End Times story falls apart...
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #552 on: February 19, 2015, 12:29:46 AM »

More on the prophecy of the seven trumpets from Revelation.  This is also from Irvin Baxter.

There were/are seven trumpets (or seven major events in history leading up to the Battle of Armageddon the Second Coming of Jesus to the earth.

Here is what I believe:

1st trumpet:  World War I (Revelation 8:7)
4th trumpet: Unsure of what this one was (Revelation 8:12-13)
5th trumpet: Saddam Hussein destroying Kuwait in Operation Desert Shield (Revelation 9:1-12)
6th trumpet: World War 3, which I believe is the current war with ISIS, (Revelation 9:13-21)

So, yes, I believe we are at the very start of the Third World War, also known as the Sixth Trumpet War by the End Time ministry team.

Can someone with more time than me compare this to what Baxter says?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #553 on: February 19, 2015, 12:30:33 AM »

More on the prophecy of the seven trumpets from Revelation.  This is also from Irvin Baxter.

Here is what I believe:

wut

Why would you believe any of this? Because some charlatan told you so?

How is the Gulf War I in any way on the level of World War II? Why not the Iran-Iraq War, or the Congo War of the 1990s? Those were a whole lot worse -- does God not care when they don't involve Americans? Or should I say that Irvin Baxter thinks that anyone who knows that those two wars happened is unlikely to buy his line of bull?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #554 on: February 19, 2015, 12:31:35 AM »

This is awesome.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #555 on: February 19, 2015, 12:34:04 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Use your critical thinking skills Bushie. Is this really a foretelling of World War I, or could this be applied to just about anything?

Again, there's nothing that positively or even kinda-halfway links this to World War II. Just completely made up by some snakeoilsalesman out for money.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #556 on: February 19, 2015, 12:34:41 AM »

Why were no wars fought in the 1900 year period between Jesus resurrection and World War I significant yet two globally insignificant events in Cherynobl and Kuwait trumpets? What about the Black Death of Europe that wiped out a third of the Earth's popular?

If you can't figure out the 4th trumpet, how can you identify the 5th, 6th, and 7th? Wouldn't that setup be required?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #557 on: February 19, 2015, 12:35:44 AM »

Here is what I believe:

wut

Why would you believe any of this? Because some charlatan told you so?

How is the Gulf War I in any way on the level of World War II? Why not the Iran-Iraq War, or the Congo War of the 1990s? Those were a whole lot worse -- does God not care when they don't involve Americans? Or should I say that Irvin Baxter thinks that anyone who knows that those two wars happened is unlikely to buy his line of bull?

Harry - you are not going to change my mind or even cause me to think.  I believe what the Bible says more than I believe what any man says.  The Bible was written by 40 men, but authored by God Himself. That point cannot be disproven.  The Bible is the ultimate authority on life on earth and after.  There is no scholar who is above the Bible.  God authored the Bible and since no one can dispute that God is the ultimate authority about the existence of the universe (which He created), then I am going to believe God and His Word over some obsolete scholar.  And, yes, the Apostle John wrote the Gospel of John, 1,2,3 John, and Revelation.  Nobody can seriously question that.

Do not talk to me about it anymore.  You are not going to change my mind.  Ever.  Period.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #558 on: February 19, 2015, 12:37:02 AM »

"Chernobyl" is apparently the Ukrainian word for the wormwood flower, and wormwood is specifically name-dropped in Revelation:

However, this doesn't really describe what happened there very well -- sounds more like an asteroid impact or something.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #559 on: February 19, 2015, 12:40:30 AM »

Bushie, your response to Harry had absolutely nothing to do with what he asked.

I'm not going to answer his silly question.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #560 on: February 19, 2015, 12:41:06 AM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #561 on: February 19, 2015, 12:41:55 AM »

Also someone should tell the 4 million people living in Kuwait that they have apparently been "destroyed."
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #562 on: February 19, 2015, 12:44:03 AM »

This episode is one of the best yet this season!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #563 on: February 19, 2015, 12:44:59 AM »

Harry - you are not going to change my mind or even cause me to think.
Why are you against thinking? You yourself have agreed that believing or not believing in certain interpretations of Revelation has nothing to do with one's salvation. God gave you deduction and critical thinking skills, and it's a slap into his face not to use them. Aren't you at least intellectually curious as to how these books are interpreted by scholars?

I believe what the Bible says more than I believe what any man says.
Like, no you don't. You believe what Irvin Baxter says over what the Bible says.

The Bible was written by 40 men, but authored by God Himself. That point cannot be disproven.  
No one on this thread is trying to. I'm just demonstrating that Irvin Baxter and all End Times nonsense is a disprovable fringe scam, not that the Bible is.

The Bible is the ultimate authority on life on earth and after.  There is no scholar who is above the Bible.  God authored the Bible and since no one can dispute that God is the ultimate authority about the existence of the universe (which He created), then I am going to believe God and His Word over some obsolete scholar.
Irvin Baxter IS the obsolete scholar! (Not sure if he's actually a scholar, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.)

And, yes, the Apostle John wrote the Gospel of John, 1,2,3 John, and Revelation.  Nobody can seriously question that.
Literally everyone who knows anyone about the Bible questions that. They were written at different times, in different styles, from different perspectives. You can read more about it here if you are interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_Johannine_works (I know you aren't.)

Do not talk to me about it anymore.  You are not going to change my mind.  Ever.  Period.
Why are you so defensive? You yourself say that you're a 100% lock for Heaven anyway, so what is so scary about learning what scholars believe about the Bible? Especially for 100% proven things like the different authors of John, the John letters, and Revelation...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #564 on: February 19, 2015, 12:45:05 AM »

Bushie is 100% certain that the 4th trumphet is referencing "Unsure of what this one was" and there is NOTHING you can do to change his mind about that.

No. You clearly believe Irvin Baxter more than the Bible. You can't even really articulate your beliefs beyond "Irvin Baxter said the Bible says."
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #565 on: February 19, 2015, 12:47:00 AM »

Bushie, why do you want to not think about your beliefs very hard? Generally, if something is true, the more you think about it, the more convinced you become.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #566 on: February 19, 2015, 12:47:43 AM »

No. You clearly believe Irvin Baxter more than the Bible. You can't even really articulate your beliefs beyond "Irvin Baxter said the Bible says."

Exactly! The Bible says nothing about World War I or World War II, but a man named Irvin Baxter says that it actually does. Bushie believes the man, not the Bible.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #567 on: February 19, 2015, 12:51:42 AM »

Bushie is 100% certain that the 4th trumphet is referencing "Unsure of what this one was" and there is NOTHING you can do to change his mind about that.

Bushie has not gotten his parents to send in the eight easy payments of $19.99 to get the full "4th Trumpet Explanation" box set for him, yet. And there is NOTHING wrong with that.
Panda Express

« Reply #568 on: February 19, 2015, 12:54:19 AM »

"Chernobyl" is apparently the Ukrainian word for the wormwood flower, and wormwood is specifically name-dropped in Revelation:

However, this doesn't really describe what happened there very well -- sounds more like an asteroid impact or something.

Yeah, in the Left Behind books it was literally a giant piece of rotten wood that came from space and crashed on Earth, poisoning the water. I don't think that has happened yet.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #569 on: February 19, 2015, 12:54:58 AM »

LOL even RaptureReady lists Irvin Baxter as a buyer beware kook scammer.

https://www.raptureready.com/who/Irvin_Baxter.html

Only Bushie could find this guy as his trusted source!
Panda Express

« Reply #570 on: February 19, 2015, 12:59:53 AM »

Ok guys, let's brainstorm what the 4th Trumpet could be. According to BushOklahoma, it happened after the Chernobyl disaster (1986) and before Saddam Hussein completely decimated Kuwait (1990).

Here is what the 4th Trumpet says

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #571 on: February 19, 2015, 01:04:20 AM »

Vox, perhaps it's the Fall of the Berlin Wall and subsequent collapse of the Soviet Union. Comparative politics traditionally divided the world into thirds (West=1st World, USSR=2nd World, etc.). This, with the fall of the Soviet Empire, a third of [whatever] went out,

Or maybe just a large power-outage in the late 80's.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #572 on: February 19, 2015, 01:05:40 AM »

Bushie's edited his post:

Although, this makes no sense given the passage.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #573 on: February 19, 2015, 01:05:53 AM »

I already answered what I believe is the 4th trumpet - the fall of the Berlin Wall and the reunification of Germany.  I could be wrong, but that's what I believe.

I believe the Bible more than Mr. Baxter as a congregant believes the Bible more than his pastor.  And, BTW, Irvin Baxter is not a Baptist.  He is Pentecostal by denomination.  I do not agree with his views on how to be saved.  Also, most Baptists don't believe him or have never heard of him.  I am one of the exceptions, though.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #574 on: February 19, 2015, 01:09:55 AM »

LOL even RaptureReady lists Irvin Baxter as a buyer beware kook scammer.

https://www.raptureready.com/who/Irvin_Baxter.html

Only Bushie could find this guy as his trusted source!

wouldn't it be ironic if Irvin Baxter turns out to be the False Prophet and we all get raptured while Bushie is stuck on Earth
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies