Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:35:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221657 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: February 22, 2015, 03:37:24 AM »

So Bushie... that's 1/3 of your recommended daily caloric intake in one cinnamon roll.

I did not have a Cinnabon.  I had a cinnamon roll from Braum's.  According to this website: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/en/nutrition-facts-calories/braums/2 - It was 460 calories for an entire roll.

The Braum's website suggests its 500 (largely empty) calories.

LOL! That carb intake was higher than my weekly intake
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #776 on: February 22, 2015, 08:39:28 AM »

I made it back to Tulsa early.  There's a little uncertainty in the weather in Oklahoma City the next couple of days, so I decided to play it safe and come on back home.  I will postpone my recruiter interview for a couple weeks.

Why are you postponing the interview?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #777 on: February 22, 2015, 08:48:15 AM »

I made it back to Tulsa early.  There's a little uncertainty in the weather in Oklahoma City the next couple of days, so I decided to play it safe and come on back home.  I will postpone my recruiter interview for a couple weeks.

Because there is a chance of a snow shower.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #778 on: February 22, 2015, 08:48:47 AM »

Because a few snowflakes landed on the ground and didn't melt right away.  Worst weather that Oklahoma has had in centuries.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #779 on: February 22, 2015, 09:04:17 AM »

Because a few snowflakes landed on the ground and didn't melt right away.  Worst weather that Oklahoma has had in centuries.

I went shopping in 4-6" of snow yesterday.  Mall was full.  He's such a pussy.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #780 on: February 22, 2015, 09:18:53 AM »

What will likely happen re: reaching 300 lbs is that Bushie will leave Update in a huff, and then two-three weeks later will try and casually mention it hoping nobody will notice.

I can see it now:

"The hiatus of Update is over for the time being. I have in fact gotten a job, at Wal-Mart.  It is not the management job that Bacon King wanted me to apply for, but it is a job nonetheless.  Despite my Tourette's, the interviewer seemed impressed with my communication skills and even offered me a job in human relations: right out front greeting the customers!  The starting pay for this job is $10/hr, with opportunities to move up the corporate ladder based on my performance.

As for the weight question, I'm sitting at 302.3 as of yesterday's weigh-in, which is down from the 310 a few weeks ago."

dont scoff at $10/hr.  that is a fortune compared to what he is making now.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #781 on: February 22, 2015, 09:20:36 AM »

at 8am central time okc reports 'flurries' and a temp of 35.

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/view/prodsByState.php?state=OK&prodtype=hourly
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #782 on: February 22, 2015, 10:14:22 AM »

HockeyDude is getting set for a Bushie Sunday!  I'll watch a speech by Chris Hitchens which should be done by 1200, then I'll be settling in for NBC Sports Hockey Day In America!  Washington Capitals @ Philadelphia Flyers at 1230 EST, Boston Bruins @ Chicago Blackhawks at 1530 EST, and finally Columbus Blue Jackets @ New York Rangers at 1930 EST!  I might try to fit in a quick workout between the Chicago and New York games, but I haven't decided, yet.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #783 on: February 22, 2015, 10:20:42 AM »

Wow he's even a bigger pussy than I thought.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #784 on: February 22, 2015, 10:24:06 AM »

It's obviously too cold to leave the house and walk outside.  Going to the grocery store to get any food for dinner tonight is out of the question, as "flurries" make the roads impassable.  Does Braum's deliver?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #785 on: February 22, 2015, 10:35:22 AM »

It's obviously too cold to leave the house and walk outside.  Going to the grocery store to get any food for dinner tonight is out of the question, as "flurries" make the roads impassable.  Does Braum's deliver?

He won't drive to the interview, but flurries won't stop a McDee's run!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #786 on: February 22, 2015, 10:54:29 AM »

Wait, I thought trans fats were banned (and not in anything that people ate anyway).

Apparently I was wrong about #1, but that's pretty outrageous of Braum's to still include them in any of their foods. After learning this, I'm completely disinterested in ever eating there.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #787 on: February 22, 2015, 11:00:10 AM »

Trans fat is banned now. It could be those nutrition labels on their site are just old.

At least their rolls have 8% Vitamin C, 50% Calcium, 16% Riboflavin, 16% Niacin, 20% Iron, 20% Folate, 30% Thiamin so Bushie avoided complete nutrient death for one more day.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #788 on: February 22, 2015, 11:11:09 AM »

We are banning fat transsexual people now?  You and Harry are pathetic. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #789 on: February 22, 2015, 11:19:48 AM »

Good Sunday Morning!  I woke up with a pretty large headache so I am staying home from church this morning.  The two main things I am going to watch today are the 2015 Daytona 500 on FOX at 1200 and the Denver Nuggets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder on Fox Sports Oklahoma at 1800.  I will resume the water drinking today.  I've got to behave myself today as I did take a peek of the scale today and it had jumped to 288 which is up 2 1/2 pounds from where I was Friday morning.  In between the Great American Race and the Thunder game, I will put on a coat and take a walk.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #790 on: February 22, 2015, 11:37:58 AM »

Good Sunday Morning!  I woke up with a pretty large headache so I am staying home from church this morning.  The two main things I am going to watch today are the 2015 Daytona 500 on FOX at 1200 and the Denver Nuggets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder on Fox Sports Oklahoma at 1800.  I will resume the water drinking today.  I've got to behave myself today as I did take a peek of the scale today and it had jumped to 288 which is up 2 1/2 pounds from where I was Friday morning.  In between the Great American Race and the Thunder game, I will put on a coat and take a walk.

No Hockey Day In America? 😢
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #791 on: February 22, 2015, 11:42:54 AM »

lmao
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #792 on: February 22, 2015, 11:45:32 AM »

Resume the water drinking? When was the last time you drank any water? And don't you think that might have something to do with your headache?

No point in even discussing the diet, since even if it was your intention to stay on it, you've already basically destroyed any progress made on that front.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #793 on: February 22, 2015, 11:47:36 AM »

When I was hanging out with BRTD yesterday we talked about BushOklahoma. This gave me a terrifying realization that just as BRTD was a real person standing in front of me, Bushie was also a real person out there somewhere. This is terrifying.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #794 on: February 22, 2015, 11:50:22 AM »

Resume the water drinking? When was the last time you drank any water? And don't you think that might have something to do with your headache?

He didn't want to alarm his parents by drinking water in front of them. Thankfully he is now back alone and free to drink water as he pleases. Hopefully one day the Lord will give him the strength to come out to his parents as a water drinker.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #795 on: February 22, 2015, 11:51:35 AM »

When I was hanging out with BRTD yesterday we talked about BushOklahoma. This gave me a terrifying realization that just as BRTD was a real person standing in front of me, Bushie was also a real person out there somewhere. This is terrifying.

Indeed.  I visualize people based on their avatars, and the thought of some posters being real people (ss super flash, bronz, OC, solarstorm2012) is truly horrifying.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #796 on: February 22, 2015, 12:03:58 PM »

Indeed.  I visualize people based on their avatars, and the thought of some posters being real people (ss super flash, bronz, OC, solarstorm2012) is truly horrifying.

If NYE posts a pic I might have to leave.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #797 on: February 22, 2015, 01:10:08 PM »

Bushie, while your "diet" was loose in terms of actually igniting weight loss, can you at least see the correlation of putting drinking water on hold for a day with your parents and waking up the next morning with a headache so massive you had to miss church?

Maybe your body, created by God, is trying to tell you something with these headaches?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #798 on: February 22, 2015, 01:11:22 PM »

He didn't want to alarm his parents by drinking water in front of them. Thankfully he is now back alone and free to drink water as he pleases. Hopefully one day the Lord will give him the strength to come out to his parents as a water drinker.

Correct.  If god wanted us to drink plain water he wouldn't have invented hfcs.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #799 on: February 22, 2015, 01:50:14 PM »

Bushie, while your "diet" was loose in terms of actually igniting weight loss, can you at least see the correlation of putting drinking water on hold for a day with your parents and waking up the next morning with a headache so massive you had to miss church?

Maybe your body, created by God, is trying to tell you something with these headaches?

Isn't the human body a temple? It says so in the Bible. You know, the only book Bushie reads.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies