Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:22:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221128 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: February 22, 2015, 07:53:19 PM »

I did not abandon the diet.  I had a bad couple of days, yes, but today I've gotten back to my water, walked 25 minutes, and had a bacon and tomato sandwich for supper.  I gained just a bit over the past couple of days, but everybody has bad days on their diets and are not accused of being not committed.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #826 on: February 22, 2015, 07:54:12 PM »

You've spent more days eating unhealthy than you have eating "healthy" since your diet began.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #827 on: February 22, 2015, 07:54:47 PM »

Wow, J-Mann, you've deserted me because I'm weak?  You are obviously not a true friend because a true friend would NEVER give up on their friends no matter what.  I think it's time to close the Update as nobody seems to care anymore.  I'll go back to talking politics.  You guys continue to insist you are friends, but you are pathetic friends, at best.

And this, by the way -- you total f***ing jack off -- couldn't have been further from the truth. Go back and read the earliest "seasons" of this utter mockery of life. DO IT. Read them ... and see how supportive people were of you.

What good did it do? You spit in everyone's faces. Even in the last several months, you still get reams of good direction, advice and people wiling to listen to you and help you.

None of it matters.

So you want to talk about who's a terrible person? Look in the mirror at that fun-house reflection ... there's an awful person starting back, a dead-eyed sociopath. THAT person couldn't ever be a "true friend," as he does nothing but cheat, lie, steal time and effort from others around him and shows nothing but the most narcissistic of qualities.

*looks over shoulder*
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #828 on: February 22, 2015, 07:55:17 PM »

You've spent more days eating unhealthy than you have eating "healthy" since your diet began.

Not entirely true
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #829 on: February 22, 2015, 07:56:39 PM »

Not entirely true

Weasel words.  It's obvious you're lying.

What's the 9th commandment again?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #830 on: February 22, 2015, 07:57:28 PM »

Not entirely true

Totally true.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #831 on: February 22, 2015, 07:58:00 PM »

I did not abandon the diet.  I had a bad couple of days, yes, but today I've gotten back to my water, walked 25 minutes, and had a bacon and tomato sandwich for supper.  I gained just a bit over the past couple of days, but everybody has bad days on their diets and are not accused of being not committed.

Sorry, Chunk. We have more than the last two weeks' worth of history to guide us, here. You've "cheated" a good 50 percent of this "diet." You are accused of not being committed because you never have been. Ever. Show us otherwise, and the opinion would change.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #832 on: February 22, 2015, 08:00:07 PM »

Losing 8 pounds does not come by slothful eating.  That's how much I've lost.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #833 on: February 22, 2015, 08:00:58 PM »

Wow, J-Mann, you've deserted me because I'm weak?  You are obviously not a true friend because a true friend would NEVER give up on their friends no matter what.  I think it's time to close the Update as nobody seems to care anymore.  I'll go back to talking politics.  You guys continue to insist you are friends, but you are pathetic friends, at best.

And this, by the way -- you total f***ing jack off -- couldn't have been further from the truth. Go back and read the earliest "seasons" of this utter mockery of life. DO IT. Read them ... and see how supportive people were of you.

What good did it do? You spit in everyone's faces. Even in the last several months, you still get reams of good direction, advice and people wiling to listen to you and help you.

None of it matters.

So you want to talk about who's a terrible person? Look in the mirror at that fun-house reflection ... there's an awful person starting back, a dead-eyed sociopath. THAT person couldn't ever be a "true friend," as he does nothing but cheat, lie, steal time and effort from others around him and shows nothing but the most narcissistic of qualities.

*looks over shoulder*

This would honestly be a funny response ... if it didn't smack of your total disregard for how you actually act. As is, I'm not surprised that -- after five years of total ignorance and exploiting the genuine belief of others -- that this went right over your head.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #834 on: February 22, 2015, 08:01:48 PM »

You were at 288 this morning. So, are you saying your peak was 296? Or are you counting losing pounds that you've since gained back? Or are you lying?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #835 on: February 22, 2015, 08:06:32 PM »

lolwut
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #836 on: February 22, 2015, 08:07:59 PM »

You were at 288 this morning. So, are you saying your peak was 296? Or are you counting losing pounds that you've since gained back? Or are you lying?

Yes, I did have a bad couple of days and gained 3 pounds back, so im at a net loss of 5.  That could be considered water weight, so I'll countbit as a wash.  I'm confident though with a little discipline, I can start drifting back down again through the 280's.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #837 on: February 22, 2015, 08:12:39 PM »

Yes, I did have a bad couple of days and gained 3 pounds back, so im at a net loss of 5.  That could be considered water weight, so I'll countbit as a wash.  I'm confident though with a little discipline, I can start drifting back down again through the 280's.

THEN THAT'S NOT PROGRESS. Wake up! The weight you likely lost was water weight, because you're f***ing eating once a day rather than taking up a solid and actual diet plan (as has been recommended and documented countless times here). And you put back on weight because you ate like sh[inks] this weekend.

And you come from an excuse culture ... you excuse anything. You excuse not being committed. You excuse failure and claim a need to "make baby steps ... walk before you run ... slow progress."

BS. You've been saying it for years. WHY NOT DO IT!?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #838 on: February 22, 2015, 08:15:39 PM »

J-Mann, what I see in the mirror is a deeply flawed human being, but a human being that is trying.  I don't see a failure.  I see a success story in the making.  I see myself as God's child who is being led by God into great things.  I don't see a tragedy, I see a success.  I don't see an uncaring and unloving moocher.  I see a loving, kind individual who has had made mistakes, but who is trying his very best.  Basically, I am a sinner saved by grace.  Nothing more, but also nothing less.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #839 on: February 22, 2015, 08:16:11 PM »

Let's not forget he's gained over 25 pounds since he went through his last dieting phase.

Look, it's hard to not give up on you when you just ignore us or laugh at us when we give advice. Good friends don't do that to their good friends either. After all these years of claiming you want to diet, you've gained 25 pounds.

Why should we think this time will be any different? Especially given that you're taking cheat days every other day. And water is great but you need to realize you aren't going to lose weight by drinking water and continuing to eat empty carb calories.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #840 on: February 22, 2015, 08:18:48 PM »

J-Mann, what I see in the mirror is a deeply flawed human being, but a human being that is trying.  I don't see a failure.  I see a success story in the making.  I see myself as God's child who is being led by God into great things.  I don't see a tragedy, I see a success.  I don't see an uncaring and unloving moocher.  I see a loving, kind individual who has had made mistakes, but who is trying his very best.  Basically, I am a sinner saved by grace.  Nothing more, but also nothing less.

Maybe you need glasses then.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #841 on: February 22, 2015, 08:20:57 PM »

Show us the scale to prove it. If you dont, than you can't prove anything... and you can't blame us for not  backing you and supporting you. We would support you more, if you proved to us that you were actually doing something
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #842 on: February 22, 2015, 08:27:24 PM »

Show us the scale to prove it. If you dont, than you can't prove anything... and you can't blame us for not  backing you and supporting you. We would support you more, if you proved to us that you were actually doing something

He can't. He already admitted to fudging the numbers on this.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #843 on: February 22, 2015, 08:29:15 PM »

It's impossible to help him because he subscribes to a type of Christianity where the bible doesn't matter as long as you believe in God. The text of the Bible really doesn't matter to bushie in the end because he says he knows he's saved, so why bother following the commandments God has in the Bible.

We can keep helping but we know he doesn't listen or care.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #844 on: February 22, 2015, 08:34:02 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2015, 09:15:55 PM by The 4th Trumpet »

He can't. He already admitted to fudging the numbers on this.

That, plus he claims he doesn't know how to post pictures on the forum.  Remember when he asked his FB friends here (before the Purge) to share his photo of his turkey wrap lunch on the forum because Mr. eCommerce McCadd didn't know how to do it himself?

But never mind that he has posted multiple selfies in the PAPOY threads over the years.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #845 on: February 22, 2015, 08:34:22 PM »

Lust - check
Gluttony - check
Greed - check
Sloth - check
Wrath - check
Envy - check
Pride - check
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #846 on: February 22, 2015, 08:39:14 PM »

Lust - check
Gluttony - check
Greed - check
Sloth - check
Wrath - check
Envy - check
Pride - check

When has he showed envy?

(the others are obvious)
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #847 on: February 22, 2015, 08:41:19 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2015, 08:44:50 PM by J-Mann »

J-Mann, what I see in the mirror is a deeply flawed human being, but a human being that is trying.  I don't see a failure.  I see a success story in the making.  I see myself as God's child who is being led by God into great things.  I don't see a tragedy, I see a success.  I don't see an uncaring and unloving moocher.  I see a loving, kind individual who has had made mistakes, but who is trying his very best.  Basically, I am a sinner saved by grace.  Nothing more, but also nothing less.

I'm not going to give you any crap about your faith ... I think elements of it (particularly the parts where you're free to judge and label others but take offense when the same is done to you -- you've labeled a man the anti-Christ, for sh[inks] sake!) are disgusting, but it is what it is. And parts of it can be very encouraging to you personally, I'm sure.

The problem is this: you're blindly comforted by the belief that "God thinks I'm OK!" Then, you trick yourself into believing everything is alright, even when it comes at the expense of yourself or others.

I wouldn't be out of patience if you made progress. But can you tell me ONE area in which you have made progress over the last five years?

ONE!?

I'm trying to think of one, and I can't. You eat just as bad or worse as you ever have, and cannot stick to any semblance of a diet. You don't exercise any more than you ever did. You're 50 pounds heavier. You still require as much (if not more) assistance from others. You still are unemployed. You've failed at call centers and help desks, but are bent on returning to one for work. You know you're unhealthy, but excuse constant cheat meals and forgoing exercise. You say you want to get out from Mom and Dad's pocketbook, but you haven't made the slightest cutback in your own personal comforts to ease the burden on them.

CAN YOU NAME ONE AREA IN WHICH YOU'VE MADE PROGRESS?

It's one thing to look in the mirror and pay lip service to the flawed individual looking back at you. It's another to actually take actions to change it. It's the latter you're unwilling -- and I think unable -- to do.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #848 on: February 22, 2015, 08:42:38 PM »

Maybe you need glasses then.

Haha, I do need a trip to the eye doctor sometime this summer.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #849 on: February 22, 2015, 08:45:09 PM »

Explicitly setting hierarchies of priority between loved ones  ('[his] woman'--what a gross way to put it, incidentally!--'above' his mother) is also creepy. And un-Christian. And vaguely antisocial, in all honesty.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies