Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:16:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221584 times)
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: February 23, 2015, 02:47:58 AM »

Alright Bushie listen to this. If you're serious about losing weight, you need to make a commitment. You need to set goals and do what it takes to reach them. Eating less, eating healthier, exercising more. Walking a small amount every day helps. Fluctuating up and down around 290 lbs is not progress.  You need to set a weight you want to reach and try to get down to it. Than another weight and so on. Start small, work your way down. And you need to be serious. No more 'cheat meals'.

Until you do that, few here are going to believe you or take your efforts seriously.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #876 on: February 23, 2015, 02:50:36 AM »

Bushie loves being a big fat fatty.

Will post this in the simple truths mine after this, but seriously guys. It's not complicated. Bushie enjoys being obese. The only reason he even makes a token "effort" to lose weight is because the Forum harasses him about it. If it wasn't for that, he'd have no qualms about it whatsoever. Again, Bushie enjoys being obese. That's why he has no motivation to change and on the rare occasions he tries to diet or exercise he never follows through with the commitment. This leads to a very simple explanation: Bushie enjoys being obese.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #877 on: February 23, 2015, 12:05:07 PM »

lol good one.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #878 on: February 23, 2015, 12:16:34 PM »

Losing 8 pounds does not come by slothful eating.  That's how much I've lost.

Show us the scale to prove it. If you dont, than you can't prove anything... and you can't blame us for not  backing you and supporting you. We would support you more, if you proved to us that you were actually doing something

He can't. He already admitted to fudging the numbers on this.

That, plus he claims he doesn't know how to post pictures on the forum.  Remember when he asked his FB friends here (before the Purge) to share his photo of his turkey wrap lunch on the forum because Mr. eCommerce McCadd didn't know how to do it himself?

But never mind that he has posted multiple selfies in the PAPOY threads over the years.

Or that he's quite adept posting fat selfies on FB.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #879 on: February 23, 2015, 12:46:14 PM »

Yes, I don't know why we keep harping on him anymore. He isn't going to diet. He doesn't want to. I just don't know why he won't tell us that so everyone here will stop giving him a hard time. Just let him be fat.

This is a guy who feels no need to take care of himself or follow the principles of God because he holds the get out of jail free card, so nothing we say will get through to him. I just enjoy his stories. That's why I'm an Update fan.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #880 on: February 23, 2015, 03:28:44 PM »

http://www.theonion.com/articles/laidoff-man-finally-achieves-perfect-worklife-bala,35022/
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #881 on: February 23, 2015, 03:43:17 PM »

must be a big nap day for odf.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #882 on: February 23, 2015, 04:22:57 PM »

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #883 on: February 23, 2015, 04:34:10 PM »

'The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #884 on: February 23, 2015, 04:44:35 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2015, 04:46:20 PM by Lame Duck Obama »

No, I've just been working hard at the job search today.  I've been at it pretty much all day.  I've got an interview in Oklahoma City tomorrow and waiting on times for two more interviews in Tulsa.  One of the Tulsa interviews is a help desk, the other two are CAD.  And, I've put in a few more applications for various positions and have activated three more staffing agencies.  I will leave here at 1130 tomorrow for the interview in Oklahoma City.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #885 on: February 23, 2015, 04:49:29 PM »

Also, anyone else loving the delicious irony of Bushie having the gall to refer to anyone else as a lame duck
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #886 on: February 23, 2015, 05:39:26 PM »

so, bushie, planning on moving back into the family trailer next month?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #887 on: February 23, 2015, 06:48:05 PM »

It depends if I find a job here in Tulsa within the next 3-4 weeks.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #888 on: February 23, 2015, 06:55:47 PM »

I'll put the odds of you finding a job at 10%. Considering you can't even stand to have an interview with a temperature in the mid 30s w/ flurries (the sort of weather that would be considered quite nice up where I live during this time of year), I'm not optimistic at all.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #889 on: February 23, 2015, 07:01:59 PM »

I'll put the odds of you finding a job at 10%. Considering you can't even stand to have an interview with a temperature in the mid 30s w/ flurries (the sort of weather that would be considered quite nice up where I live during this time of year), I'm not optimistic at all.

Funny you should say that, because it snowed at least 2-3" in both OKC and Tulsa today with temperatures in the lower 20's.  That's not a lot to folks in the North and Northeast United States, but it is significant for Oklahoma.  Roads were snow packed in OKC where they had a little more snow.  The snow has moved out now and skies should clear overnight so we'll have sunshine and temps in the high 30's to low 40's tomorrow.  I do have an interview in OKC at 1400 tomorrow so I will be getting out and driving 4-5 hours roundtrip on the melting roads.  I anticipate mostly dry or maybe wet roads, so I don't anticipate trouble, but the grass will be nice and white.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #890 on: February 23, 2015, 07:05:17 PM »

They'll be 'melting roads', but you anticipate that they'll be 'mostly dry'?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #891 on: February 23, 2015, 07:07:12 PM »

They'll be 'melting roads', but you anticipate that they'll be 'mostly dry'?

The roads could be in either condition especially with clear sunshine and temps above freezing.  In short, I expect passable roads and pretty close to normal speeds.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #892 on: February 23, 2015, 07:08:28 PM »

Bushie, let me make this clear.

You make pathetic choices.  You are given plenty of advice, yet you ignore all of it.

You come from a very privileged upbringing.  You have loving parents, a college degree, a car, and plenty of financial support.  You get plenty of advice from us for how to improve yourself, yet it is all for nought.

Everything you do is a fiasco.  You use religion as a shield to cover up your own pathetic life choices.

God would not be happy with the fact that you lie, defraud your parents, and live a life of sin (gluttony).  The Bible says that NO CHRISTIAN WILL LIVE IN SIN (1 John 3:9).

Bushie, by your own religious book, you WILL GO TO HELL IF YOU DIED TODAY. 

Your eating habits are GLUTTONOUS (not to mention all the other frauds you've commited.  I'm not judging you.  YOUR RELIGIOUS TEXT IS.  Gluttony's a sin, plain as day (probably moreso than homosexuality).  And you continually partake in that sin with no repentance or contrition.  Not to mention your pattern of lying and extortion (mooching off of your parents), and the Bible says that liars will have no place in the Kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9)

I am not an Evangelical Bushie, but using its interpretation of the Bible it is pretty clear you are not saved.

EDIT:  This may seem harsh, but I really think you need a major wake-up call.  I detest Evangelical theology, but since Bushie subscribes to it, he needs a dose of his own medicine.

That doesn't scare me.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #893 on: February 23, 2015, 07:13:58 PM »

You make pathetic choices.  You are given plenty of advice, yet you ignore all of it.

You come from a very privileged upbringing.  You have loving parents, a college degree, a car, and plenty of financial support.  You get plenty of advice from us for how to improve yourself, yet it is all for nought.

Everything you do is a fiasco.  You use religion as a shield to cover up your own pathetic life choices.

God would not be happy with the fact that you lie, defraud your parents, and live a life of sin (gluttony).  The Bible says that NO CHRISTIAN WILL LIVE IN SIN (1 John 3:9).

Your eating habits are GLUTTONOUS (not to mention all the other frauds you've commited.  I'm not judging you.  YOUR RELIGIOUS TEXT IS.  Gluttony's a sin, plain as day (probably moreso than homosexuality).  And you continually partake in that sin with no repentance or contrition.  Not to mention your pattern of lying and extortion (mooching off of your parents), and the Bible says that liars will have no place in the Kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9)

I am not an Evangelical Bushie, but using its interpretation of the Bible it is pretty clear you are not saved.

EDIT:  This may seem harsh, but I really think you need a major wake-up call.  I detest Evangelical theology, but since Bushie subscribes to it, he needs a dose of his own medicine.

That doesn't scare me.

"And put a knife to your throat if you are given to appetite. Unless it's a triple bacon cheeseburger from Braum's on one of your cheat days" - Proverbs 23:2, OSV (Oklahoma Standard Version).
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #894 on: February 23, 2015, 07:14:02 PM »

That doesn't scare me.

It's not about scaring you, Bushie.  I'm trying to point out your hypocrisy in claiming you are saved by your religion when your own text says you are not.

The point is this:  you believe the Bible so much that you would reject basic science (such as the Big Bang Theory and evolution) because the Bible says so.

The Bible also says that no true Christian can live a life of continual sin.  Check out the Bible verses I sent you.  A Christian that is living in sin surely is not saved based on your religious text. 

Explain YOUR interpretations of the verses I cited if they don't mean what they clearly say.

Cue Bushie post #975,337 involving the phrases "washed clean in the blood of Christ" and "pure in His eyes".
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #895 on: February 23, 2015, 07:16:12 PM »

Lmao
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #896 on: February 23, 2015, 07:16:51 PM »

On the subject of 'being washed clean with His blood', here's a lit-crit question for Update regulars.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Is Bushie the hippo or the Church?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #897 on: February 23, 2015, 07:17:01 PM »

That doesn't scare me.

It's not about scaring you, Bushie.  I'm trying to point out your hypocrisy in claiming you are saved by your religion when your own text says you are not.

The point is this:  you believe the Bible so much that you would reject basic science (such as the Big Bang Theory and evolution) because the Bible says so.

The Bible also says that no true Christian can live a life of continual sin.  Check out the Bible verses I sent you.  A Christian that is living in sin surely is not saved based on your religious text. 

Explain YOUR interpretations of the verses I cited if they don't mean what they clearly say.

Cue Bushie post #975,337 involving the phrases "washed clean in the blood of Christ" and "pure in His eyes".

Before or after he No True Scotsmans various bad Christians for not being sincere in their faith?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #898 on: February 23, 2015, 07:24:43 PM »

Wait ... "washed clean" actually means you need to reject your sin? No, this can't be right ... The Church of Bushiology has told me that phrase is simply a "get out of jail free" card; a pass to continue sinning. A cheat. A Game Genie for salvation, so to speak.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #899 on: February 23, 2015, 07:24:59 PM »

That doesn't scare me.

My faith is on solid ground.  On Christ the Solid Rock I stand.  All other ground is sinking sand.  I am secure enough in my faith that I do not believe a word you said.  Your post is just Satan trying to twist Scripture to convince me I am going to hell.  Wrong buster.  I am saved by faith through grace and not based on my works.  You apparently didn't read the passages about grace.  When Jesus died on the cross, his last words were "It is finished."  This means my sin debt, past, present and future is PAID IN FULL.  I can never do a single thing again to lose my salvation.  Once He saved me, I cannot EVER lose my salvation no matter what I do.  That's not my words.  The Southern Baptists believe in Once Saved, Always Saved.  I adhere to that wholeheartedly and I believe that is the correct view.  If I died right now, I have no doubt I would be entering the pearly gates of heaven where I will find Jesus waiting for me with open arms and utter the words "Well done, my good and faithful servant.  You have been faithful over a few things, I will put you in charge over many things in my Kingdom.  Enter thou into the joy of the LORD!".   I have no doubt and nobody can convince me otherwise, so they might as well stop.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies