Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:57:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221779 times)
J-Mann
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: February 23, 2015, 07:28:15 PM »

Bushie, let me make this clear.

You make pathetic choices.  You are given plenty of advice, yet you ignore all of it.

You come from a very privileged upbringing.  You have loving parents, a college degree, a car, and plenty of financial support.  You get plenty of advice from us for how to improve yourself, yet it is all for nought.

Everything you do is a fiasco.  You use religion as a shield to cover up your own pathetic life choices.

God would not be happy with the fact that you lie, defraud your parents, and live a life of sin (gluttony).  The Bible says that NO CHRISTIAN WILL LIVE IN SIN (1 John 3:9).

Bushie, by your own religious book, you WILL GO TO HELL IF YOU DIED TODAY. 

Your eating habits are GLUTTONOUS (not to mention all the other frauds you've commited.  I'm not judging you.  YOUR RELIGIOUS TEXT IS.  Gluttony's a sin, plain as day (probably moreso than homosexuality).  And you continually partake in that sin with no repentance or contrition.  Not to mention your pattern of lying and extortion (mooching off of your parents), and the Bible says that liars will have no place in the Kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9)

I am not an Evangelical Bushie, but using its interpretation of the Bible it is pretty clear you are not saved.

EDIT:  This may seem harsh, but I really think you need a major wake-up call.  I detest Evangelical theology, but since Bushie subscribes to it, he needs a dose of his own medicine.

That doesn't scare me.

It's not about scaring you, Bushie.  I'm trying to point out your hypocrisy in claiming you are saved by your religion when your own text says you are not.

The point is this:  you believe the Bible so much that you would reject basic science (such as the Big Bang Theory and evolution) because the Bible says so.

The Bible also says that no true Christian can live a life of continual sin.  Check out the Bible verses I sent you.  A Christian that is living in sin surely is not saved based on your religious text. 

Explain YOUR interpretations of the verses I cited if they don't mean what they clearly say.

My faith is on solid ground.  On Christ the Solid Rock I stand.  All other ground is sinking sand.  I am secure enough in my faith that I do not believe a word you said.  Your post is just Satan trying to twist Scripture to convince me I am going to hell.  Wrong buster.  I am saved by faith through grace and not based on my works.  You apparently didn't read the passages about grace.  When Jesus died on the cross, his last words were "It is finished."  This means my sin debt, past, present and future is PAID IN FULL.  I can never do a single thing again to lose my salvation.  Once He saved me, I cannot EVER lose my salvation no matter what I do.  That's not my words.  The Southern Baptists believe in Once Saved, Always Saved.  I adhere to that wholeheartedly and I believe that is the correct view.  If I died right now, I have no doubt I would be entering the pearly gates of heaven where I will find Jesus waiting for me with open arms and utter the words "Well done, my good and faithful servant.  You have been faithful over a few things, I will put you in charge over many things in my Kingdom.  Enter thou into the joy of the LORD!".   I have no doubt and nobody can convince me otherwise, so they might as well stop.

You should murder your parents for the life insurance money. I mean, Jesus won't care, right? And one way or the other, you'll be setting yourself up for life!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #901 on: February 23, 2015, 07:29:03 PM »

RFayette, you can never convince me I am going to hell.  No one can.  So, I kindly ask you stop wasting my time.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #902 on: February 23, 2015, 07:31:01 PM »

Spoken like a True Atheist
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #903 on: February 23, 2015, 07:38:22 PM »

If I'm going to be continued to be ridiculed, mocked, insulted and trashed about my faith then Update is over.  Update is supposed to be a fun thread.  You have taken all the fun out of it and instead have made it into a 'Bushie-bashing thread".  I have done NOTHING deserving of being continually and relentlessly bashed over and over and over and over.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #904 on: February 23, 2015, 07:40:30 PM »

RFayette, I have placed you on ignore because Satan has gotten a hold of you.  What do I do with Satan?  Ignore him.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #905 on: February 23, 2015, 07:40:48 PM »

Other than selling your elderly Grandmother dodgy life insurance from a pyramid scheme?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #906 on: February 23, 2015, 07:41:56 PM »

I've reached a new level of lmao.  One I never thought possible
Panda Express

« Reply #907 on: February 23, 2015, 07:42:20 PM »

I managed to discover an interesting old Bushie post from a deleted thread (RIP) that was preserved by Fundies Say The Darndest Thing.

Needless to say, I demand a flashback of this:

http://fstdt.com/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=39256
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Let's revisit this.

Bushoklahoma, 6 years later, what are your thoughts on marrying a divorced woman?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #908 on: February 23, 2015, 07:44:20 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2015, 07:46:06 PM by J-Mann »

If I'm going to be continued to be ridiculed, mocked, insulted and trashed about my faith then Update is over.  Update is supposed to be a fun thread.  You have taken all the fun out of it and instead have made it into a 'Bushie-bashing thread".  I have done NOTHING deserving of being continually and relentlessly bashed over and over and over and over.

I think labeling another human being as the anti-Christ put you in some pretty dodgy territory, tbh.

Also, accusing someone who challenges you as possessed by a demonic entity that is evil incarnate. Seems worthy of a laugh.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #909 on: February 23, 2015, 07:44:56 PM »

Bushie, what do imagine Satan looks like?  And please use an image to illustrate.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #910 on: February 23, 2015, 07:46:15 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antinomianism
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #911 on: February 23, 2015, 07:48:57 PM »

If I'm going to be continued to be ridiculed, mocked, insulted and trashed about my faith then Update is over.  Update is supposed to be a fun thread.  You have taken all the fun out of it and instead have made it into a 'Bushie-bashing thread".  I have done NOTHING deserving of being continually and relentlessly bashed over and over and over and over.

The Update turning into a Bushie-Bashing thread? Whoever could have imagined that...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #912 on: February 23, 2015, 07:49:18 PM »

I think labeling another human being as the anti-Christ put you in some pretty dodgy territory, tbh.

Also, accusing someone who challenges you as possessed by a demonic entity that is evil incarnate. Seems worthy of a laugh.

Yeah, I realize that was a mistake.

I'm not calling him Satanic or demon possessed, but I know it was Satan just trying to get me off my game.  RF is a nice guy and if he just had a bad day, then I can understand that.  I have bad days and can lash out so I can relate.  I'm not going to respond to his post, but I retract the accusation I made.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #913 on: February 23, 2015, 07:51:20 PM »

You make pathetic choices.  You are given plenty of advice, yet you ignore all of it.

You come from a very privileged upbringing.  You have loving parents, a college degree, a car, and plenty of financial support.  You get plenty of advice from us for how to improve yourself, yet it is all for nought.

Everything you do is a fiasco.  You use religion as a shield to cover up your own pathetic life choices.

God would not be happy with the fact that you lie, defraud your parents, and live a life of sin (gluttony).  The Bible says that NO CHRISTIAN WILL LIVE IN SIN (1 John 3:9).

Your eating habits are GLUTTONOUS (not to mention all the other frauds you've commited.  I'm not judging you.  YOUR RELIGIOUS TEXT IS.  Gluttony's a sin, plain as day (probably moreso than homosexuality).  And you continually partake in that sin with no repentance or contrition.  Not to mention your pattern of lying and extortion (mooching off of your parents), and the Bible says that liars will have no place in the Kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9)

I am not an Evangelical Bushie, but using its interpretation of the Bible it is pretty clear you are not saved.

EDIT:  This may seem harsh, but I really think you need a major wake-up call.  I detest Evangelical theology, but since Bushie subscribes to it, he needs a dose of his own medicine.

That doesn't scare me.

It's not about scaring you, Bushie.  I'm trying to point out your hypocrisy in claiming you are saved by your religion when your own text says you are not.

The point is this:  you believe the Bible so much that you would reject basic science (such as the Big Bang Theory and evolution) because the Bible says so.

The Bible also says that no true Christian can live a life of continual sin.  Check out the Bible verses I sent you.  A Christian that is living in sin surely is not saved based on your religious text. 

Explain YOUR interpretations of the verses I cited if they don't mean what they clearly say.

My faith is on solid ground.  On Christ the Solid Rock I stand.  All other ground is sinking sand.  I am secure enough in my faith that I do not believe a word you said.  Your post is just Satan trying to twist Scripture to convince me I am going to hell.  Wrong buster.  I am saved by faith through grace and not based on my works.  You apparently didn't read the passages about grace.  When Jesus died on the cross, his last words were "It is finished."  This means my sin debt, past, present and future is PAID IN FULL.  I can never do a single thing again to lose my salvation.  Once He saved me, I cannot EVER lose my salvation no matter what I do.  That's not my words.  The Southern Baptists believe in Once Saved, Always Saved.  I adhere to that wholeheartedly and I believe that is the correct view.  If I died right now, I have no doubt I would be entering the pearly gates of heaven where I will find Jesus waiting for me with open arms and utter the words "Well done, my good and faithful servant.  You have been faithful over a few things, I will put you in charge over many things in my Kingdom.  Enter thou into the joy of the LORD!".   I have no doubt and nobody can convince me otherwise, so they might as well stop.

Now I'm imaging Bushie being "in charge over many things" in heaven. Good lord indeed!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #914 on: February 23, 2015, 07:52:07 PM »

RFayette,

I apologize for insulting you and insinuating you are demonic.  It wasn't meant directly toward you as a person, just that series of posts.  I may respond to those posts in time, but I do retract and apologize for calling you demonic.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #915 on: February 23, 2015, 07:53:23 PM »

RFayette,

I apologize for insulting you and insinuating you are demonic.  It wasn't meant directly toward you as a person, just that series of posts.  I may respond to those posts in time, but I do retract and apologize for calling you demonic.

Apology accepted.  Please take the meat of what I said (not the anger) and consider it thoughtfully.

Thank you.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #916 on: February 23, 2015, 07:53:46 PM »

Yeah, I realize that was a mistake.

I'm not calling him Satanic or demon possessed, but I know it was Satan just trying to get me off my game.  RF is a nice guy and if he just had a bad day, then I can understand that.  I have bad days and can lash out so I can relate.  I'm not going to respond to his post, but I retract the accusation I made.

You ever think that maybe a little challenge or discussion is good for you? It does anyone good to be able to justify what they say ... in work, relationships, politics, etc. Why not here?

My "faith" is probably stronger than ever because I've allowed it to change and grow over the years. If my only option was "believe in an all-knowing Sky Father who sits on clouds and literally counts the hairs on your head ... or nothing," I'd have been forced to go with nothing, eventually, as the childlike interpretations of a religion just don't hold up to scrutiny.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #917 on: February 23, 2015, 07:54:12 PM »

That doesn't scare me.

Yet another reason Bushie will never change (aside from the fact that he enjoys being obese.) Why bother improving your life if you're going to be entering paradise regardless, most likely within 6-9 years when that 7th trumpet starts to play?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #918 on: February 23, 2015, 07:57:31 PM »

That doesn't scare me.

Now I'm imaging Bushie being "in charge over many things" in heaven. Good lord indeed!

Do you think Jesus will get a pretty sweet severance package when Bushie bankrupts Heaven? I mean ... God will be OK. That guy has been saving for years. But the angelic hosts? This'll be rough on them.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #919 on: February 23, 2015, 07:59:38 PM »

update isn't a fun thread, nor has it ever been a fun thread. this sad saga should have been banned long ago.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #920 on: February 23, 2015, 08:03:45 PM »

Bushie is still essentially a child. The idea of growing up scares him - a lot.

I suppose I can relate to him in some ways but he tends to take this whole "forever young" thing to bizarre extremes.

For instance, why is a single 32-year-old man who has no children still regularly attending kiddie parties? I'm sure his appearance at those gatherings makes everyone super uncomfortable.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #921 on: February 23, 2015, 08:06:37 PM »

wait wait wait...

what exactly is Jesus going to put Bushie in charge of once he's in Heaven?!
Panda Express

« Reply #922 on: February 23, 2015, 08:08:52 PM »

wait wait wait...

heaven help desk
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #923 on: February 23, 2015, 08:11:49 PM »

RFayette, I have placed you on ignore because Satan has gotten a hold of you.  What do I do with Satan?  Ignore him.

I think a more appropriate twist here would be for Bushie himself to be Satan. After all, who else would work so tirelessly to twist religion for his own gain? Who else would take great, well-meaning Christian helpers like J-Mann and wear them down to the point he has? Who else would be so accustom to fire and brimstone that he finds it painful to endure the 2-inch snowstorm of the century?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #924 on: February 23, 2015, 08:12:03 PM »

wait wait wait...

I don't know.  I'm sure Jesus, who is perfect and who created me, knows what He's doing!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies