Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:02:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221901 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: February 23, 2015, 10:52:42 PM »

I guess my biggest question is, if you are saved and nothing you do on earth matters because you believe in Christ, you have a spot in heaven, then why have a Bible at all? Why study it? Why try to live by it (this goes for others, not you)? What's the point? If I can just believe in Christ, and truly believe, and do anything I want, then why do I need to know what the Bible does and doesn't want me to do?

Why did God tell us what we should and shouldn't do? Why did he give us the 10 commandments if it all doesn't matter? I, for the life of me, can't understand your line of religion.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #951 on: February 23, 2015, 10:56:16 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2015, 11:00:27 PM by Charlotte Hebdo »

On the subject of 'being washed clean with His blood', here's a lit-crit question for Update regulars.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Is Bushie the hippo or the Church?

Smiley

One can hope, but Bushie does not eat fruit - so no attempt at reaching mangos. Everything else seems to fit, even the weight.

Bushie playing on a harp of gold among the angels would be some sight.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #952 on: February 23, 2015, 11:08:17 PM »

On the subject of 'being washed clean with His blood', here's a lit-crit question for Update regulars.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Is Bushie the hippo or the Church?

Smiley

One can hope, but Bushie does not eat fruit - so no attempt at reaching mangos. Everything else seems to fit, even the weight.

Bushie playing on a harp of gold among the angels would be some sight.

Actually, I love fruit.  Apples, oranges, grapes, bananas, strawberries, peaches, nectarines are all delicious!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #953 on: February 23, 2015, 11:33:35 PM »

THEN WHY DO YOU NEVER F[INKS]ING EAT ANY OF THEM
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #954 on: February 23, 2015, 11:40:59 PM »

Actually, I love fruit.  Apples, oranges, grapes, bananas, strawberries, peaches, nectarines are all delicious!

Reported for trolling.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #955 on: February 23, 2015, 11:42:00 PM »

Jeff, did you enjoy Fly Me To The Moon? I'm not really sure how a grown man could sit through that (at least without drinking heavily).  
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #956 on: February 23, 2015, 11:50:27 PM »

Duke asks a good question. Why do you still bother with Bible study when you basically have it all figured out?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #957 on: February 23, 2015, 11:58:19 PM »

So Bushie will be a middle manager in heaven, Rlafayette is Satan, the diet is a failure and we had a nice flashback scene to a big Bushie date?

Why must Hollywood  continue to plow the fallow comic book fields for story ideas? Eraserhead, I need some more flashforward about Heaven help desk Bushie.  Then some Lost-type jump cuts to two crazy Oklahoma kids enjoying a romantic story about flies in space together. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #958 on: February 24, 2015, 12:05:39 AM »

Jeff, did you enjoy Fly Me To The Moon? I'm not really sure how a grown man could sit through that (at least without drinking heavily). 

I think we ended up seeing a different movie "Journey to the Center of the Earth".  It's been 6 1/2 years so it's a little fuzzy, but I remember Journey, but not the other.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #959 on: February 24, 2015, 12:26:17 AM »

I don't think I could be rendered dumb from a post in here, after thinking I was conditioned.

Bushie's suggestion that a poster's legitimate criticism of his childish faith is the work of Satan really takes the cake (assuming Bushie hasn't eaten it already).

Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #960 on: February 24, 2015, 12:46:29 AM »

Duke asks a good question. Why do you still bother with Bible study when you basically have it all figured out?

He goes for Jesus. He stays for the taco salad potluck.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #961 on: February 24, 2015, 01:35:50 AM »

I think we ended up seeing a different movie "Journey to the Center of the Earth".  It's been 6 1/2 years so it's a little fuzzy, but I remember Journey, but not the other.

It's a Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary miracle!
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #962 on: February 24, 2015, 02:57:45 AM »

Bushie, does 'once saved always saved' apply to apostates?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #963 on: February 24, 2015, 03:29:31 AM »

Incidentally, it seems the day Bushie and his girlfriend of the hour narrowly dodged the bullet of seeing Fly Me to the Moon as a date movie was the same day I started college. I'm not sure how to feel about this.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #964 on: February 24, 2015, 04:02:36 AM »

I actually remember that one!

Did you text Allison tonight?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #965 on: February 24, 2015, 07:12:05 AM »

RFayette, I have placed you on ignore because Satan has gotten a hold of you.  What do I do with Satan?  Ignore him.

It's a quote from the bible tho
Panda Express

« Reply #966 on: February 24, 2015, 08:14:14 AM »

DATE NIGHT AT THE MOVIES WITH BUSHOKLAHOMA

- Welcome to the movie theater!

- Yes, two tickets to see Fly Me To The Moon

- What's with that face, dear?

- You have got to be f(inks)ing kidding me.

- Uh, make that two tickets to see Journey to the Center of the Earth.
Panda Express

« Reply #967 on: February 24, 2015, 08:40:27 AM »

AT THE CONCESSION STAND

- I can help you, sir!

- Oh..... I'll uh, wait for the next one

- I can help you, sir!

- Yes, I'd like two large tubs of popcorn, two large Cokes and 2 large boxes of milk duds

- Actually, I'd prefer a Sprite and not a Coke

- Oh, that's only my order. You're on your own for your order. My poor bank account and all.

Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #968 on: February 24, 2015, 08:41:14 AM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373051/parentalguide

Oh my!  PG?!  Did your wholesome little troupe of Okies make it through without fainting?  Just look at this un-Christ-like vulgarity!

"A woman wears low-cut tops that reveal cleavage in a couple of scenes."

"A cave opening collapses after an explosion, trapping people inside (no one is hurt)."

"Mild name-calling."

"Large scary fish jump out of the water, attempting to eat people who use sticks to strike the fish (one fish tries to bite a woman's buttocks)."
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #969 on: February 24, 2015, 09:47:06 AM »

What day of the week was it?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #970 on: February 24, 2015, 11:05:58 AM »

I always wonder what he did to that poor girl to cause her to rip him publicly to this day. Poor Allison.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #971 on: February 24, 2015, 11:16:18 AM »

Update on Allison:  We are back to being good friends.  She was in Tulsa yesterday for a doctor's appointment and she called and asked if she could stop by for a few minutes.  I was happy to have her over.  We visited about several things for about 30 minutes including a non-profit business that she is trying to start up and obtain a 501 (3) (c) status on it.  She wants me to hop on board with her handling the social media platform as kind of a second job from my regular job.  It is a side business for her and she is keeping her job at the university because of the health insurance.  She doesn't have the luxury of Indian Health Care.  I need more information on the business before I go into it with her, such as what it does, but it is a nice gesture at the very least.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #972 on: February 24, 2015, 11:24:39 AM »

Dude. She doesn't want to be good friends. She wants the D. Stop being so timid. You're the only two people in each others lives attracted to each other.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #973 on: February 24, 2015, 11:26:53 AM »

Dude. She doesn't want to be good friends. She wants the D. Stop being so timid. You're the only two people in each others lives attracted to each other.

She's seen how much Bushie has changed and improved his life since she lost him and wants back in on the train to Successtown
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #974 on: February 24, 2015, 12:11:20 PM »

Update on Allison:  We are back to being good friends.  She was in Tulsa yesterday for a doctor's appointment and she called and asked if she could stop by for a few minutes.  I was happy to have her over.  We visited about several things for about 30 minutes including a non-profit business that she is trying to start up and obtain a 501 (3) (c) status on it.  She wants me to hop on board with her handling the social media platform as kind of a second job from my regular job.  It is a side business for her and she is keeping her job at the university because of the health insurance.  She doesn't have the luxury of Indian Health Care.  I need more information on the business before I go into it with her, such as what it does, but it is a nice gesture at the very least.

So she wants to start her own version of On.Co. and wants suckers to invest.  Brilliant way of getting back at Our Dear Friend for being a dick and dumping her twice.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies