Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:28:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221805 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: February 25, 2015, 12:22:14 AM »

Bushie have you ever shopped at the Asian supermarket?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1026 on: February 25, 2015, 12:38:13 AM »

Lmao.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1027 on: February 25, 2015, 01:23:44 AM »

Bushie, does the "diet" stop once you start celebrating christmas?

No, because not dieting or at least attempting to diet for 7 straight months would be near suicide...

/thread
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1028 on: February 25, 2015, 02:14:18 AM »
« Edited: February 25, 2015, 02:16:45 AM by MW Rep BaconBacon96 »

Ha.

Actually Asian supermarkets tend to have a lot of tasty and healthy stuff available. Alas...
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1029 on: February 25, 2015, 02:17:34 AM »

In other news, I think I found someone who is more energetic about Christmas than I am.  The City of Tulsa.  We are still 10 months from Christmas 2015, but the City is already planning the 2015 Christmas Parade going so far as to setting a date - December 12.  I'm early, but I'm still at least 3-4 months from starting Christmas, but these guys take the cake...

Uh no, for a large city that kind of municipal event planning so far ahead is necessary.

I guess it is.  Still, though, even the thought of Christmas in late February seems awfully early.  As an individual with no big event to plan for, I start Christmas between Mother's Day and Memorial Day.  Usually around graduation season in Oklahoma.

They are not 'thinking of Christmas' in the same sense that you do. They are thinking of schedules, of timetables, of logistics, of balance sheets, of a multitude of other things of that sort that many high school students understand better than you do.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1030 on: February 25, 2015, 02:27:14 AM »

Ha.

Actually Asian supermarkets tend to have a lot of tasty and healthy stuff available. Alas...

Yes, it would be great for him! Much better than the wal-mart.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1031 on: February 25, 2015, 04:12:54 AM »

I do love how Bushie is basically completely over Christmas by early December.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1032 on: February 25, 2015, 10:46:30 AM »

Good Wednesday Morning!  I can't believe the last week of February 2015 is half over at Noon today!  I'm looking forward to a great day job searching and then a good Bible Study at church tonight.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1033 on: February 25, 2015, 11:18:23 AM »

Good Wednesday Morning!  I can't believe the last week of February 2015 is half over at Noon today!  I'm looking forward to a great day job searching and then a good Bible Study at church tonight.

Again, why do you Bible Study when you have your ticket to Heaven and don't have any more to learn?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1034 on: February 25, 2015, 11:47:34 AM »

Again, why do you Bible Study when you have your ticket to Heaven and don't have any more to learn?

First, you are speaking things I have NEVER said.  Just because I'm guaranteed to go to heaven doesn't give me a license to sin.  Will I still sin?  Sure, but I have freedom from sin.  In fact, I have said countless times on here only to be ignored and have my words twisted every single time that while works does not save a person, works are a result of someone's salvation.  I have so much to learn about God's Word.  I can never know it all until I get home to heaven, but I have to keep learning all I can.  I can't lose my salvation, but I still need to learn all I can so I can keep from sin.  Sins no longer affects my salvation, but it affects my witness to other people in doing what I am called to do in the Great Commission in Matthew 28:18-20.  I am called to teach others about Jesus and share with them what He has done for me.  If I'm constantly living in sin and not repenting (which is not the case), then my witness and credibility get damaged and it's harder to lead others to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and belief in Him.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1035 on: February 25, 2015, 11:53:19 AM »

As much as I struggle...and downright disagree...with some of the things the Roman Catholic Church teaches, this thread has done a hell of a lot to show me what a sensible theology it really is.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1036 on: February 25, 2015, 12:01:42 PM »

Just because I'm guaranteed to go to heaven doesn't give me a license to sin.  Will I still sin?  Sure, but I have freedom from sin.

That's a direct contradiction, Jeff.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1037 on: February 25, 2015, 12:03:41 PM »

What the hell does "freedom from sin" mean?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1038 on: February 25, 2015, 12:05:02 PM »

Just because I'm guaranteed to go to heaven doesn't give me a license to sin.  Will I still sin?  Sure, but I have freedom from sin.

Read 1 John 1:9-2:1
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1039 on: February 25, 2015, 12:10:41 PM »

Read 1 John 1:9-2:1

I'm not unfamiliar with the Bible, 'Reverend', and I don't think that passage means what you think it does.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1040 on: February 25, 2015, 12:24:24 PM »

This is like that Lethal Weapon sequel where the villain had diplomatic immunity. Only if the villain felt really bad about his crimes every time and also decided to enroll at the junior college and take American law and civics courses for some reason.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1041 on: February 25, 2015, 12:26:37 PM »

some African children, who are probably no longer with us (RIP).
Unlike with JJ aka Blondie, this particular RIP is not really Bushie's fault though. We can't expect Bushie to transform Africa into a livable place for destitute orphans.

Dude, who cares if they're hungry,  they just need to die Christians and not MuslimsRoll Eyes
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1042 on: February 25, 2015, 12:30:50 PM »

Why on Earth would I read the final sentence of one chapter of a book and the first sentence of the next chapter as one complete statement? That's completely nuts.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1043 on: February 25, 2015, 12:31:27 PM »

In other news, I think I found someone who is more energetic about Christmas than I am.  The City of Tulsa.  We are still 10 months from Christmas 2015, but the City is already planning the 2015 Christmas Parade going so far as to setting a date - December 12.  I'm early, but I'm still at least 3-4 months from starting Christmas, but these guys take the cake...

I guess the fact it's 200,000 times bigger of a project, including public safety, public health, etc... issues, they usually start the day after the last one ends.  Roll Eyes
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1044 on: February 25, 2015, 12:33:11 PM »

Ugh, pathetic. You've now had more cheat days this week, than I have all month. Apparently, you have no self control.

This.  I'm more than halfway to my goal of 50 pounds.....there are no cheat days!!!!!!!!!!!
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1045 on: February 25, 2015, 12:35:02 PM »

hey Bushie: how do you reconcile Romans 2:6-11 into your soteriology?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1046 on: February 25, 2015, 12:35:58 PM »

If I'm constantly living in sin and not repenting (which is not the case), then my witness and credibility get damaged and it's harder to lead others to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and belief in Him.

And yet your idea of establishing witness and credibility is being unemployed, morbidly obese, and lashing out at anyone who questions your faith. You're on a website with hundreds of unsaved people and have done nothing to repent your sins over the years so that you may give us a credible saving knowledge of Christ. In fact, you may have driven more people on here away from Jesus in your time here than closer to Jesus. If God is going to score your evangelism in Heaven, you're likely in the negative.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1047 on: February 25, 2015, 12:36:47 PM »

In fact, you may have driven more people on here away from Jesus in your time here than closer to Jesus.

^^^^^^^^
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1048 on: February 25, 2015, 12:50:59 PM »
« Edited: February 25, 2015, 12:53:41 PM by HockeyDude »

Bushie, you never answered if you actually believe that my relationship with Jesus (which is non-existant) is the most important thing in my life.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1049 on: February 25, 2015, 01:26:25 PM »

Bushie, you never answered if you actually believe that my relationship with Jesus (which is non-existant) is the most important thing in my life.

On the topic of unanswered questions, I find it very troubling that he refuses to tell us whether or not he's ever shopped at the Asian market.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies