Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:18:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221628 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: February 26, 2015, 03:28:40 AM »
« edited: February 26, 2015, 03:31:18 AM by Joe Republic »

I've never been to a [Redacted]; we don't have any around here.  How similar is it to Whole Foods?

Edit: never mind, I lied.  There's two [Redacted] locations right here in town.  I'll have to check it out!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1101 on: February 26, 2015, 04:21:54 AM »

Considering pretty much every job opportunity Bushie finds eventually receives some criticism along the lines of "They're paying you too much." or "you wouldn't be good at it." or "you'd hate it too much to do well at it.", or "this probably isn't legitimate" etc. etc., I'm not surprised he doesn't want the name of the grocery store released. Sometimes, this criticism is merited, yes, but that doesn't mean it's not discouraging to one's future job searching. So it makes sense that Bushie would do what he can to keep any job-search related criticism he doesn't seek out through pms to a minimum.

No, the reason why Bushie never posts such details online is because this man cyber-stalks him, and has been known to contact organizations that Bushie is affiliated with in order to tarnish his name.

Yet Bushie deciding to stop posting every detail of his life is apparently out of the question, so instead he gives just enough information so that Mr. Mondale will have to use Google in order to decode Bushie's cryptic hints.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1102 on: February 26, 2015, 05:32:44 AM »

Can I just say how perfect the picture and especially the description is here.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1103 on: February 26, 2015, 07:02:11 AM »

Ugh, pathetic. You've now had more cheat days this week, than I have all month. Apparently, you have no self control.

This.  I'm more than halfway to my goal of 50 pounds.....there are no cheat days!!!!!!!!!!!

Say whaaa?! You go gurl!!

Thanks my brother in fat reduction.  The wasted calories of bourbon need to go so I can really power it down but nothing is stopping me.  See you in normal BMI land soon. Cheesy
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1104 on: February 26, 2015, 10:06:17 AM »

It's old, but The Onion just decided that this was "In Focus"

http://www.theonion.com/articles/inclement-weather-prevents-liar-from-getting-to-wo,35028/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:NA:InFocus
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1105 on: February 26, 2015, 10:48:27 AM »

Do you think Costantini has contacted Allison? 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1106 on: February 26, 2015, 11:14:41 AM »

Good Thursday Morning!  I am awake and ready for my interview at 1300.  When I woke up, I also got a phone call for a CAD interview in Oklahoma City tomorrow at 1100.  So, I'm thinking about going down to Mom and Dad's this evening while it's still dry so I can be closer to the interview location tomorrow morning.  I'll just stay with them through the duration of the snow storm that's coming in and come back up early next week when the roads clear up.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1107 on: February 26, 2015, 11:35:41 AM »

rip 'diet'
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1108 on: February 26, 2015, 11:43:15 AM »

Good Thursday Morning!  I am awake and ready for my interview at 1300.  When I woke up, I also got a phone call for a CAD interview in Oklahoma City tomorrow at 1100.  So, I'm thinking about going down to Mom and Dad's this evening while it's still dry so I can be closer to the interview location tomorrow morning.  I'll just stay with them through the duration of the snow storm that's coming in and come back up early next week when the roads clear up.

Will mom be making enchilada casserole? 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1109 on: February 26, 2015, 12:00:59 PM »

It never got started enough to rest.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1110 on: February 26, 2015, 12:41:34 PM »
« Edited: February 26, 2015, 02:25:20 PM by WalterMitty »

bushie, as someone who works in a grocery store...you should take a job if offered.

yeah, it isnt the greatest.  the pay isnt good.  but....job security.  you need that.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1111 on: February 26, 2015, 01:08:52 PM »

Walter, you better believe I will accept the job of offered.  I would not have agreed to an interview if I weren't serious.  The job would likely not start until late March so that leaves time to continue interviewing for CAD jobs in both Tulsa and Oklahoma City.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1112 on: February 26, 2015, 01:47:33 PM »

I'm guessing Papa has issued an ultimatum on the job front.

If he's working at a grocery store he still can't support himself for a while.  Which makes me think Papa is going to let him renew his luxury apartment lease and plutocratic cable package and delay his retirement another 5 years. Sad
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1113 on: February 26, 2015, 01:58:39 PM »

I'm guessing Papa has issued an ultimatum on the job front.

If he's working at a grocery store he still can't support himself for a while.  Which makes me think Papa is going to let him renew his luxury apartment lease and plutocratic cable package and delay his retirement another 5 years. Sad

If Bushie can at least get his rent paid, it will at least slow down the rate in which Papa's retirement is extended by Papa only having to budget food. It's the Simpson-Bowles of Papa's Retirement Fund control.

He definitely needs to cut the cable package down to basic. Ridiculous he has not done this already.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1114 on: February 26, 2015, 02:31:45 PM »

Let see.  Supermarkets don't close down for the weekend, so I'm going to assume ODF would be working 45 hrs a week if hired by this place.  Let's be conservative and say that he'll make $8.50/hr for his toils.  Oklahoma is a blighted hellhole that gets a ton of support from federal taxes, so we can safely assume that $7/hr would be a reasonable take home pay.  $315/week and $1260/month as opposed to jack [Inks].  This would certainly be a load off of Pa Bushie's wallet.  Hell, we know Pa is going to help with the student loans and CAD(D) debt, but that $1260 might be able to take care of the rent, the Platinum Ultra cable package, utilities, and even food if Bushie would cook at home instead of running out to Braum's for ten cheat meals a week. 

No Bushie, you aren't going to be able to put on your shirt and tie and live out your Leave It To Beaver fantasy as a CAD(D) man, but money is money and being college educated they might even give you some type of managerial role before long where you actually COULD throw a shirt and tie on if you wanted. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1115 on: February 26, 2015, 02:33:17 PM »

For the record he needs to take ANY job until he gets a real one.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1116 on: February 26, 2015, 02:41:59 PM »

More than the money, working at a grocery store would finally eliminate the excuse that McDonalds was more convenient than going to the grocery store after work, because he'd be standing in one when he punched out. And with money, even if he only kept getting ready made food from the deli, it would save Papa over the three $9 cheeseburger combos a day bill.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1117 on: February 26, 2015, 02:46:42 PM »

Interview is over and I have a job at said grocery store.  It will pay pretty decently for a grocery store - ~$10.00 an hour.  I will be in the meat department.  I will initiate the background check tomorrow morning and will start likely on March 23 in preparation for the April 1 grand opening.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1118 on: February 26, 2015, 02:54:41 PM »

Oh, wow that's awesome and incredibly fast! And the pay is solid. Good going!

Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat (literally this time)
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1119 on: February 26, 2015, 03:02:43 PM »

Oh, wow that's awesome and incredibly fast! And the pay is solid. Good going!

Hooray! 

Now, will Bushie be able to restrain himself being surrounded by all that beef? 
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1120 on: February 26, 2015, 03:06:34 PM »

It's a Lenten miracle! $10/hr is definitely enough to cover your rent.

Google also says [redacted] gives a 15% discount to employees on food stuffs.

Eat there plenty and cut the cable to a lower package and you can make it there, Bushie.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1121 on: February 26, 2015, 03:48:48 PM »

I will still keep looking for a higher paying CAD job over the next couple of weeks, but this provides a stopgap mechanism to prevent the unemployment from going too deep into the Spring.

We can talk more about it later tonight.  I am going down to my parents' this evening for a couple interviews that I had previously had scheduled.  I am going to keep all my current applications open, but I will not apply for any new ones.  I have an interview tomorrow at 1100 and Monday at 1100.  Monday's interview is a reschedule from the interview I was going to have last Monday.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1122 on: February 26, 2015, 03:53:50 PM »

Interview is over and I have a job at said grocery store.  It will pay pretty decently for a grocery store - ~$10.00 an hour.  I will be in the meat department.  I will initiate the background check tomorrow morning and will start likely on March 23 in preparation for the April 1 grand opening.

That's great. Good luck!
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1123 on: February 26, 2015, 04:01:51 PM »

It's a Lenten miracle! $10/hr is definitely enough to cover your rent.

Google also says [redacted] gives a 15% discount to employees on food stuffs.

Eat there plenty and cut the cable to a lower package and you can make it there, Bushie.

Unfortunately, the nature of [redacted] as a healthy-living type store (complete with organic foods) makes it more expensive than average. I suppose that's part of why they can pay $10/hour.

The good news is that with Walmart to raise its rate of pay to $10, and with Marshalls/TJ Maxx following suit, [redacted] will likely need to bump its pay levels soon after if Bushie is hired. (If, if, if.)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1124 on: February 26, 2015, 05:27:42 PM »

Yeah, there should be no need for a name poll this time.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies