Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:19:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221591 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: February 27, 2015, 03:22:04 PM »

Haven't been around much the last couple days so just saw this now.  First off,  Congrats Bushie.  Looks like you actually landed a real job.  This is legit and looks like something you can handle.  I also won't worry much about walking 2 miles in an 8 hour day.  Your feet might be a bit sore from being on your feet, but it isn't like you are walking those miles non-stop over an 8 hour period its basically nothing.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1176 on: February 27, 2015, 03:29:22 PM »

Two miles in a day is literally just normality. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1177 on: February 27, 2015, 03:38:25 PM »

Haven't been around much the last couple days so just saw this now.  First off,  Congrats Bushie.  Looks like you actually landed a real job.  This is legit and looks like something you can handle.  I also won't worry much about walking 2 miles in an 8 hour day.  Your feet might be a bit sore from being on your feet, but it isn't like you are walking those miles non-stop over an 8 hour period its basically nothing.

Thanks for the encouragement and putting the two miles into perspective.  Straight walking, 2 miles would take me 40 minutes.  If I were continually walking over an 8 hour shift, I would be putting in 24 miles a day.  I wasn't worried about it to begin with, but putting it in perspective helps even more.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1178 on: February 27, 2015, 03:39:54 PM »

Thanks for the encouragement and putting the two miles into perspective.  Straight walking, 2 miles would take me 40 minutes.  If I were continually walking over an 8 hour shift, I would be putting in 24 miles a day.  I wasn't worried about it to begin with, but putting it in perspective helps even more.

How long do you expect your midday crap to take?  That might knock off 3 miles. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1179 on: February 27, 2015, 03:44:45 PM »

How long do you expect your midday crap to take?  That might knock off 3 miles. 

Not quite sure.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #1180 on: February 27, 2015, 04:20:54 PM »

Don't worry about the discomfort of standing for hours on end. The first couple of weeks will be the worst. But after that, your body starts to get used to standing for so long. Then one day you'll realize you've been standing the whole day and don't have any discomfort.

It'll go by faster than you know it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1181 on: February 27, 2015, 04:37:26 PM »

Don't worry about the discomfort of standing for hours on end. The first couple of weeks will be the worst. But after that, your body starts to get used to standing for so long. Then one day you'll realize you've been standing the whole day and don't have any discomfort.

It'll go by faster than you know it.

That's what I think, as well.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1182 on: February 27, 2015, 05:40:34 PM »

I am wishing you the best bushie. I just hope you get serious about eating Ryder so you'll not be calling in sick every other week and then eventually get fired.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1183 on: February 27, 2015, 05:50:52 PM »

I hate to admit that I'm optimistic about this, but damn it, I am.  It's a stable, fair paid job that requires light cardio activity all day, and surrounded by healthy groceries.  If this doesn't last, or see significant lifestyle improvements, then there is literally zero hope.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1184 on: February 27, 2015, 06:46:09 PM »

While I watch basketball tonight I am going to do some research on the different cuts of meat in an effort to start training myself for my new job.  I likely have 23 days until I actually start work and I don't want to waste any evenings if I can help it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1185 on: February 27, 2015, 07:19:33 PM »

It's starting to sink in that I am actually employed.  I actually have a job and not just a job, a potential career.  It feels good too!
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1186 on: February 27, 2015, 07:27:46 PM »

It's starting to sink in that I am actually employed.  I actually have a job and not just a job, a potential career.  It feels good too!

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1187 on: February 27, 2015, 07:31:36 PM »

I just have to make sure to count my fingers every night... Make sure I'm still at 8 fingers and 2 thumbs...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1188 on: February 27, 2015, 07:46:36 PM »

What if Bushie ends up as a grocery store manager making 80,000 dollars a year?

That'd be nice.  That's something to set my sights on, but first I must take care of the here and now.  GSM is my goal and I am going to start the path toward that.  I must put in the time faithfully day in and day out if I ever hope to move up the ladder.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1189 on: February 27, 2015, 08:02:32 PM »

I looked at a job description last night for the Owasso store Meat Clerk and it said I could walk up to 2 miles in an 8 hour day.  I will be very sore.  I am very aware my back and my feet will be killing me by day's end, but at the same time I am looking forward to possibly losing weight from the constant standing up and walking.  Over time, my back and feet won't hurt as bad as I get used to it.  I don't see standing and walking as unreachable challenges, I see them as a potential complete lifestyle overhaul.

You have an entire month with nothing else to do, during which you can "train" for this.  Why don't you walk 40 minutes tomorrow, and see if you can handle it?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1190 on: February 27, 2015, 08:06:50 PM »

One of my roommates sophomore year worked at the meat department in a grocery store and was always high when he went to work (though he got fired eventually for being too blazed one time where he giggled nonstop at work). It was actually a good deal because he would always sneak a bunch of chicken tenders and stuff out of the deli every night and brought it from for us.

I knew a guy like that when I worked food service.  he said it was important to go in high every single day rather than once in a while so nobody can notice any difference in your behavior
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1191 on: February 27, 2015, 08:23:37 PM »

I looked at a job description last night for the Owasso store Meat Clerk and it said I could walk up to 2 miles in an 8 hour day.  I will be very sore.  I am very aware my back and my feet will be killing me by day's end, but at the same time I am looking forward to possibly losing weight from the constant standing up and walking.  Over time, my back and feet won't hurt as bad as I get used to it.  I don't see standing and walking as unreachable challenges, I see them as a potential complete lifestyle overhaul.

You have an entire month with nothing else to do, during which you can "train" for this.  Why don't you walk 40 minutes tomorrow, and see if you can handle it?

I may do that when I get back to Tulsa this next week.  I'm down at my parents' in OKC this weekend and we've got an inch of snow on the ground and expecting another 2-4" tomorrow plus some late afternoon sleet or freezing drizzle.  Later this week it's supposed to be in the 50's and 60's, so it will be a good time to walk.  I will be working in a climate-controlled building with fairly uniform temperatures except for the time I'm in the meat freezer.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1192 on: February 27, 2015, 08:46:14 PM »

My 33rd birthday is 60 days away.  Is it appropriate to call this job an early birthday present?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1193 on: February 27, 2015, 08:47:34 PM »

I may do that when I get back to Tulsa this next week.  I'm down at my parents' in OKC this weekend and we've got an inch of snow on the ground and expecting another 2-4" tomorrow plus some late afternoon sleet or freezing drizzle.  Later this week it's supposed to be in the 50's and 60's, so it will be a good time to walk.  I will be working in a climate-controlled building with fairly uniform temperatures except for the time I'm in the meat freezer.

I assume the "diet" is on hiatus while you're in OKC?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1194 on: February 27, 2015, 08:48:58 PM »

My 33rd birthday is 60 days away.  Is it appropriate to call this job an early birthday present?

Yes. Celebrate by losing weight so you'll live to be 34.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1195 on: February 27, 2015, 08:57:50 PM »

I'm trying to behave, but I've got to eat what they have bought.  We had chili tonight for supper, but I was a good boy and only had a handful of Fritos and cheese.  I have had too many cokes today, though.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1196 on: February 27, 2015, 08:58:45 PM »

Yes. Celebrate by losing weight so you'll live to be 34.

Good idea.  This job should do a good job of that.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1197 on: February 27, 2015, 08:59:34 PM »

I'm trying to behave, but I've got to eat what they have bought.  We had chili tonight for supper, but I was a good boy and only had a handful of Fritos and cheese.  I have had too many cokes today, though.

Update XXII: A handful of Fritos and cheese
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1198 on: February 27, 2015, 09:48:54 PM »

I have just done a little research on the different cuts of meats out there.  I knew some of them, but there were some I had not heard of before such as short loin and a couple of others.  The article I read had a short description of what each cut was, how to cook it and how much is common for one person for a good meal (most were around 1 pound per person) and the price.  Over the next few nights I am going to break down each individual cut and do some more in-depth research.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1199 on: February 27, 2015, 09:52:54 PM »

You act like this job will solve all of your weight problems, Bushie. Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies