Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:32:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221113 times)
J-Mann
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: March 01, 2015, 01:51:48 AM »

Oklahoma seems pretty darned reasonable compared to our liquor laws in Ontario.
Have you checked out the wikipedia link I gave? You can't even buy ordinary beer in Oklahoma groceries. They are only allowed to sell special 3.2% stuff.

I don't look that close and don't know the difference in percentages, but I have seen some Dos Equis, Guinness, Smirnoff, Boston Lager, Heineken, and other beers that are not your run of the mill Bud, Bud Light, Miller, or Miller Lite.

It's not about run-of-the-mill beers ... beer can be manufactured with lower alcohol content, and it looks like Oklahoma (like Kansas) allows the sale of beer or wine coolers with 3.2% or less. But it does not allow wine or liquors like bourbon, vodka, etc.

I forget that your experience with alcohol is so limited that you might think seeing a Dos Equis is hardcore alcohol!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1251 on: March 01, 2015, 03:04:49 AM »

You can't get drunk on 3.2%. Well, I guess you could but you'd have to drink a hell of a lot of that piss water.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1252 on: March 01, 2015, 09:08:43 AM »

Bushie, how many one way miles to work is this place?   Since  your state almost closes down at the sight of a snowflake.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1253 on: March 01, 2015, 09:22:14 AM »

Have you checked out the wikipedia link I gave? You can't even buy ordinary beer in Oklahoma groceries. They are only allowed to sell special 3.2% stuff.

I don't look that close and don't know the difference in percentages, but I have seen some Dos Equis, Guinness, Smirnoff, Boston Lager, Heineken, and other beers that are not your run of the mill Bud, Bud Light, Miller, or Miller Lite.
Smirnoff beer? LMAO.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1254 on: March 01, 2015, 10:09:27 AM »

Bushie, how many one way miles to work is this place?   Since  your state almost closes down at the sight of a snowflake.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1255 on: March 01, 2015, 10:50:53 AM »

You better pray there's no late season snow or it's RIP
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1256 on: March 01, 2015, 11:05:00 AM »

You better pray there's no late season snow or it's RIP

This being Oklahoma, we should safely get into Spring in the next couple of weeks.  It is extremely rare for us to get snow in April, and if it does it never sticks and it's always above freezing.  More likely, we get tornadoes in late March and April.  When I start work we will be in severe weather season.  Remember, Oklahoma is the heart of tornado alley.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1257 on: March 01, 2015, 11:56:41 AM »

Smirnoff beer? LMAO.

Yea yea Bushie is lame as all hell, but he even compares himself to a senior citizen so I'm exasperated with even discussing it anymore. 

Bushie, what would you say if your new co-workers invited you for a few beers after work?  This is a supermarket after all.  Don't you think this type of socializing would be helpful overall?  You don't even have to drink.  You could just order a tonic and lime and relax a bit.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1258 on: March 01, 2015, 12:04:16 PM »
« Edited: March 01, 2015, 01:06:43 PM by J-Mann »

Smirnoff beer? LMAO.

He's referring to Smirnoff Ice, which can be manufactured below 3.2% and is sold in grocery stores in Kansas and Oklahoma.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1259 on: March 01, 2015, 12:56:35 PM »

While I watch my triple header of NBA Basketball today, I am going to do some more research on how to prepare certain cuts of meat.  I'm going to pick three cuts of meat and do in depth research on them.  Then, tomorrow, I will pick a couple more cuts and then so on.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1260 on: March 01, 2015, 12:58:42 PM »

Smirnoff beer? LMAO.

He's referring to Smirnoff Ice, which can be manufactured below 3.2% and is sold in grocery stores in Kamsas and Oklahoma.
That's not beer either. It's what high school girls drink because they don't like beer.
Also, is Bushie just determined to work far from his home?  Surely there are grocery stores less than 15 miles away from him?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1261 on: March 01, 2015, 12:59:17 PM »

bushie did you clean up the meet after last night's sloppy joes?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1262 on: March 01, 2015, 01:03:10 PM »

Smirnoff beer? LMAO.

He's referring to Smirnoff Ice, which can be manufactured below 3.2% and is sold in grocery stores in Kamsas and Oklahoma.
That's not beer either. It's what high school girls drink because they don't like beer.
Also, is Bushie just determined to work far from his home?  Surely there are grocery stores less than 15 miles away from him?

15 miles is not a long drive.  It takes all of 25 minutes.  Yes, there are grocery stores closer, but this was the best opportunity because of the grand opening and the mass hiring event.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1263 on: March 01, 2015, 01:15:44 PM »

Smirnoff beer? LMAO.

Also, is Bushie just determined to work far from his home?  Surely there are grocery stores less than 15 miles away from him?

Your point? Oh ... I get it ... yet another thing that Jeff is wrong and ignorant about.

Noted.

BAD BUSHIE. SHAME ON YOU FOR NOT BEING FAMILIAR ENOUGH WITH ALCOHOL TO KNOW WHAT A SMIRNOFF IS. WE WISH THIS WAS RIYAHD SO WE COULD SAW YOUR HANDS OFF FOR DISPLAYING SUCH IGNORANCE!

Seriously, the dude obviously took a step back and evaluated his situation, taking a shot at working for a grocery store. He got the job. It's what we've all been pushing him to do for years. I'm not going to start dumping on him now for being unfamiliar with a freakin' wine cooler and the distance he drives to work. As explained before, some sort of commute is more common in the Midwest and Plains states where things are spread out, and it happened to be where there was a mass hiring and the position was more available.

Sh[inks], I have a 12-mile commute ... yeah, I know, there are probably businesses that have VP of Sales & Marketing jobs that are CLOSER to where I live ... maybe I ought to look into those, too?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1264 on: March 01, 2015, 01:35:51 PM »

Thanks, J-Mann
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1265 on: March 01, 2015, 02:34:11 PM »

Now i've commended Bushie on the job.  Doesn't mean I can't poke fun at his "smirnoff beer". 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1266 on: March 01, 2015, 02:37:45 PM »

Now i've commended Bushie on the job.  Doesn't mean I can't poke fun at his "smirnoff beer". 

I don't think he was directing it at you as he was Memphis.  Memphis has been very reserved on his congratulatory responses and has been the most critical of anybody here.  He's even been more critical than Grumps who has probably been the most critical of me over the past two or three months since "The Purge".
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1267 on: March 01, 2015, 02:54:40 PM »

I don't think he was directing it at you as he was Memphis.  Memphis has been very reserved on his congratulatory responses and has been the most critical of anybody here.  He's even been more critical than Grumps who has probably been the most critical of me over the past two or three months since "The Purge".

Bushie, have you ever answered the acquisation that the Purge victims were disproportionally atheists and agnostic?  I've been contemplating contact with the ACLU.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1268 on: March 01, 2015, 02:57:59 PM »

Look, I think it's great that Bushie got a grocery job after all these years of floundering. However, that doesn't mean he should sit on his Inks and watch a basketball triple header either when he knows nothing at all about food or drink. Getting a job has never been Bushie's biggest problem. It's keeping the job that he has so much trouble with. He doesn't have a clue that employers, unlike church and school, expect a lot more than just showing up.  He needs to think about why that is the case. The distance is a problem with his fear of weather and attendance record. Of course, VP of Inks Waving jobs aren't found on every corner, so one goes where one must to get them, and people who get those jobs are less intimidated by every little obstacle imaginable too. The suggestion that I didn't congratulate a 32 year old man enough (I did, in fact, tell him congrats) for getting hired at a grocery store is insane.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1269 on: March 01, 2015, 03:01:39 PM »

Smirnoff Ice is pretty good though weak as hell. It's something that would make a good high schooler first drink.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1270 on: March 01, 2015, 03:04:24 PM »

Look, I think it's great that Bushie got a grocery job after all these years of floundering. However, that doesn't mean he should sit on his Inks and watch a basketball triple header either when he knows nothing at all about food or drink. Getting a job has never been Bushie's biggest problem. It's keeping the job that he has so much trouble with. He doesn't have a clue that employers, unlike church and school, expect a lot more than just showing up.  He needs to think about why that is the case. The distance is a problem with his fear of weather and attendance record. Of course, VP of Inks Waving jobs aren't found on every corner, so one goes where one must to get them, and people who get those jobs are less intimidated by every little obstacle imaginable too. The suggestion that I didn't congratulate a 32 year old man enough (I did, in fact, tell him congrats) for getting hired at a grocery store is insane.

Yes, you did tell me congratulations, and I appreciate that.  But, then, you turn around and criticize me for not doing what I need to do to keep this job when in fact I said I would be doing research on what J-Mann and I talked about last night.  You also took a stab at the driving distance.  You, apparently, don't understand how spread out Midwestern cities are.

I know you're happy that I have a job at a grocery store, but I don't like the criticisms of laziness already starting when I have only been officially hired for 72 hours.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1271 on: March 01, 2015, 03:13:31 PM »

And, for the record, I am not opposed to alcohol.  I'm just opposed to excessive drinking and getting drunk.  I'm also opposed to people burning their family's paycheck on beer instead of food or bills.  I, myself, like to enjoy a glass of wine every now and then.  I haven't had any since July 2013 because I am of the belief that if I have a drink then I cannot drive the rest of the day and since I am often by myself, then I cannot indulge in a drink.  I have no problem with any of my friends having controlled drinks just so long as they don't get drunk and embarrass themselves or their family.  That said, I never condemn anybody if they do get drunk nor do I call them out, because I do things that are just as bad.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1272 on: March 01, 2015, 03:14:48 PM »

Look, I think it's great that Bushie got a grocery job after all these years of floundering. However, that doesn't mean he should sit on his Inks and watch a basketball triple header either when he knows nothing at all about food or drink. Getting a job has never been Bushie's biggest problem. It's keeping the job that he has so much trouble with. He doesn't have a clue that employers, unlike church and school, expect a lot more than just showing up.  He needs to think about why that is the case. The distance is a problem with his fear of weather and attendance record. Of course, VP of Inks Waving jobs aren't found on every corner, so one goes where one must to get them, and people who get those jobs are less intimidated by every little obstacle imaginable too. The suggestion that I didn't congratulate a 32 year old man enough (I did, in fact, tell him congrats) for getting hired at a grocery store is insane.

I'm not questioning any congratulations ... I don't care if you do or don't. I just don't see the point of returning to questioning something like driving distance. At this point, it's moot. Would you be happier if he abandoned this job and started looking for something closer? With the forum crew, I think the dude's f***ed if he does and f***ed if he doesn't, at this point.

When Jeff f***s up, I'll ride his ass as hard as anyone (metaphorically, of course -- don't get freaked out, Bushie).

But when he shows a hint of progress, I'd rather ride him on the things he can affect at that point (and, admittedly, it might be important soon to have a passing familiarity with booze).
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1273 on: March 01, 2015, 03:17:24 PM »

And, for the record, I am not opposed to alcohol.  I'm just opposed to excessive drinking and getting drunk.  I'm also opposed to people burning their family's paycheck on beer instead of food or bills.  I, myself, like to enjoy a glass of wine every now and then.  I haven't had any since July 2013 because I am of the belief that if I have a drink then I cannot drive the rest of the day and since I am often by myself, then I cannot indulge in a drink.  I have no problem with any of my friends having controlled drinks just so long as they don't get drunk and embarrass themselves or their family.  That said, I never condemn anybody if they do get drunk nor do I call them out, because I do things that are just as bad.

Nice!  Bushie is such an artist.

Will you answer my question?  Or here's a less direct one.  If I came through Oklahoma on a road trip would you have Braums with me for lunch or is my speech directly controlled by Satan?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1274 on: March 01, 2015, 03:20:08 PM »

Nice!  Bushie is such an artist.

Will you answer my question?  Or here's a less direct one.  If I came through Oklahoma on a road trip would you have Braums with me for lunch or is my speech directly controlled by Satan?

I met you and found this to be factually accurate.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies