Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:18:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221614 times)
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1275 on: March 01, 2015, 03:23:06 PM »

Bushie, how many one way miles to work is this place?   Since  your state almost closes down at the sight of a snowflake.

You better pray there's no late season snow or it's RIP

This being Oklahoma, we should safely get into Spring in the next couple of weeks.  It is extremely rare for us to get snow in April, and if it does it never sticks and it's always above freezing.  More likely, we get tornadoes in late March and April.  When I start work we will be in severe weather season.  Remember, Oklahoma is the heart of tornado alley.

RIP job
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #1276 on: March 01, 2015, 03:26:03 PM »

Actually cities are more spread out in the south.

Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #1277 on: March 01, 2015, 03:27:52 PM »
« Edited: March 01, 2015, 03:34:13 PM by Kushahontas »

also wtf http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_laws_of_Oklahoma

"Licensed vendors may not advertise happy hours, serve more than two beverages at a time to a customer, give a discount to a person or group of persons, or permit the play of games that involve drinking.[9]"

So i'm banned from ordering a round of drinks for friends during a happy hour that I'm unsure even exists and/or playing a game of pong at my local watering hole? What is wrong with these people?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1278 on: March 01, 2015, 03:27:54 PM »

And, for the record, I am not opposed to alcohol.  I'm just opposed to excessive drinking and getting drunk.  I'm also opposed to people burning their family's paycheck on beer instead of food or bills.  I, myself, like to enjoy a glass of wine every now and then.  I haven't had any since July 2013 because I am of the belief that if I have a drink then I cannot drive the rest of the day and since I am often by myself, then I cannot indulge in a drink.  I have no problem with any of my friends having controlled drinks just so long as they don't get drunk and embarrass themselves or their family.  That said, I never condemn anybody if they do get drunk nor do I call them out, because I do things that are just as bad.

Nice!  Bushie is such an artist.

Will you answer my question?  Or here's a less direct one.  If I came through Oklahoma on a road trip would you have Braums with me for lunch or is my speech directly controlled by Satan?

To answer your question, I do not visit bars, nor do I prefer to be around excessive drinking.  I have no problem with talking to anybody, though.  Everyone, atheist, Christian, Muslim, or other beliefs, is deserving of a friend.  I don't discriminate based on religion.  I don't even talk religion unless they ask.  I am respectful of their time and our friendship that I don't want to push anybody way by shoving the Bible down their throats.  If they ask, I will politely tell them, but I don't bring it up.  I try to live my life in such a way that will invite people to ask, but I don't bring the subject up myself.  So, if you came to Northeastern Oklahoma, I would definitely share a meal with you and shoot the breeze.  I might even have a glass of wine with you, but I just will not go into a bar.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1279 on: March 01, 2015, 03:29:03 PM »

And, for the record, I am not opposed to alcohol.  I'm just opposed to excessive drinking and getting drunk.  I'm also opposed to people burning their family's paycheck on beer instead of food or bills.  I, myself, like to enjoy a glass of wine every now and then.  I haven't had any since July 2013 because I am of the belief that if I have a drink then I cannot drive the rest of the day and since I am often by myself, then I cannot indulge in a drink.  I have no problem with any of my friends having controlled drinks just so long as they don't get drunk and embarrass themselves or their family.  That said, I never condemn anybody if they do get drunk nor do I call them out, because I do things that are just as bad.

Will you answer my question?  Or here's a less direct one.  If I came through Oklahoma on a road trip would you have Braums with me for lunch or is my speech directly controlled by Satan?

I met you and found this to be factually accurate.

I suppose this is literally true in many belief systems.  I should ask Bushie if he feels directly threatened by the presence of an atheist.  He can't be used to it, as atheism is obviously illegal in Oklahoma.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1280 on: March 01, 2015, 03:30:15 PM »

I suppose this is literally true in many belief systems.  I should ask Bushie if he feels directly threatened by the presence of an atheist.  He can't be used to it, as atheism is obviously illegal in Oklahoma.

Thank you for finally answering Bushie!  And the term is "shoot the sh**t".
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1281 on: March 01, 2015, 03:32:34 PM »

I suppose this is literally true in many belief systems.  I should ask Bushie if he feels directly threatened by the presence of an atheist.  He can't be used to it, as atheism is obviously illegal in Oklahoma.

Thank you for finally answering Bushie!  And the term is "shoot the sh**t".

Sorry it took so long to answer you, I am still preoccupied with the job.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1282 on: March 01, 2015, 03:53:09 PM »

It looks like the roads are clearing up nicely after the snow storm Oklahoma has had the past two days.  The sun is working through the clouds to dry the roads.  The early March sun is a lot stronger than the dead of winter so the roads should be in good shape in no time.  There's also no moisture out there and temperatures are right at 32-33 degrees.  With tomorrow's highs forecasted to reach the lower 40's, I should have no problems heading back to Tulsa tomorrow afternoon.  I'm going to wait until about 1300 before I leave, but I should be okay.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1283 on: March 01, 2015, 04:00:18 PM »

You better. Schools aren't even closed.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1284 on: March 01, 2015, 04:06:22 PM »

You better. Schools aren't even closed.

Today's Sunday...  A lot of churches either cancelled their services altogether or cancelled their early services and went on with the late morning services.  My church was one of the ones that cancelled entirely.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1285 on: March 01, 2015, 04:07:52 PM »

Bushie is opposed to people spending family money on alcohol, but has no qualms about spending all day watching basketball on the ultra premium cable package his dad pays for. Right. I'm not here to defend alcohol. I think it's about the least fun intoxicant around, but how does somebody go through life so blind to internal inconsistencies?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1286 on: March 01, 2015, 04:09:20 PM »

I'm also opposed to people burning their family's paycheck

The irony mine just caved in.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1287 on: March 01, 2015, 04:12:22 PM »

To answer your question, I do not visit bars, nor do I prefer to be around excessive drinking.  I have no problem with talking to anybody, though.  Everyone, atheist, Christian, Muslim, or other beliefs, is deserving of a friend.  I don't discriminate based on religion.  I don't even talk religion unless they ask.  I am respectful of their time and our friendship that I don't want to push anybody way by shoving the Bible down their throats.  If they ask, I will politely tell them, but I don't bring it up.  I try to live my life in such a way that will invite people to ask, but I don't bring the subject up myself.  So, if you came to Northeastern Oklahoma, I would definitely share a meal with you and shoot the breeze.  I might even have a glass of wine with you, but I just will not go into a bar.
How does the no bar rule work in combined bar/restaurants. Will you never go to a restaurant with a bar? What about airplanes? They sell booze so they are sort of like a bar. No country clubs either? What about weddings? Would you decline a wedding invitation if there were a bar at the reception?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1288 on: March 01, 2015, 04:15:58 PM »

Even more weird is Bushie's apparent belief that a single glass of wine makes you too intoxicated to drive and that this remains the case for an entire day.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1289 on: March 01, 2015, 04:17:04 PM »

Even more weird is Bushie's apparent belief that a single glass of wine makes you too intoxicated to drive and that this remains the case for an entire day.

I think it's probably better that he feels this way.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1290 on: March 01, 2015, 04:19:12 PM »

Well, sticking your penis in a vagina for 1 second outside of marriage makes you a father. So it makes sense one glass of wine ruins your entire day.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1291 on: March 01, 2015, 05:05:23 PM »

How does the no bar rule work in combined bar/restaurants. Will you never go to a restaurant with a bar? What about airplanes? They sell booze so they are sort of like a bar. No country clubs either? What about weddings? Would you decline a wedding invitation if there were a bar at the reception?

Of course, I'll go into those places and sometimes I'll even sit at the bar in the restaurants, but order a coke or something with my food, although I prefer to sit at a regular table.  I'm talking exclusively about a straight up bar or pool hall with a cloud of smoke over the entire room.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1292 on: March 01, 2015, 05:11:31 PM »

You can't smoke indoors now, Bushie! Even at bars!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1293 on: March 01, 2015, 05:18:40 PM »

That's news to me.  I knew you couldn't smoke indoors at restaurants, but I didn't know that applied to bars, as well.  Still, the aroma of alcoholic beverages in bars is sickening.  I do not like the smell of booze.  It literally makes me sick to my stomach.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1294 on: March 01, 2015, 05:30:56 PM »

That's news to me.  I knew you couldn't smoke indoors at restaurants, but I didn't know that applied to bars, as well.  Still, the aroma of alcoholic beverages in bars is sickening.  I do not like the smell of booze.  It literally makes me sick to my stomach.

You can smell booze? I didn't realize they gave off that much of an odor unless it's on your breath or someone throws up.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1295 on: March 01, 2015, 05:37:27 PM »

It's clear Bushie has never been in a bar and doesn't intend to go to one now. And that's that. Also, smoking laws vary from state to state, and, sometimes, by municipality. Smoking in bars is still allowed in plenty of places.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1296 on: March 01, 2015, 05:37:59 PM »

You can smell booze? I didn't realize they gave off that much of an odor unless it's on your breath or someone throws up.

I can smell it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1297 on: March 01, 2015, 05:38:52 PM »

It's clear Bushie has never been in a bar and doesn't intend to go to one now. And that's that. Also, smoking laws vary from state to state, and, sometimes, by municipality. Smoking in bars is still allowed in plenty of places.

If we may, let's just leave it at that and get back to the job. Smiley
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1298 on: March 01, 2015, 05:41:15 PM »

What's the best way to prepare a pork tenderloin Mr. Butcher?

What's the difference in taste between the grass fed and the corn fed beef?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1299 on: March 01, 2015, 05:43:46 PM »

What's the best way to prepare a pork tenderloin Mr. Butcher?

What's the difference in taste between the grass fed and the corn fed beef?

Good questions - let me get on those right now and I'll get back to you.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies