Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:11:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221132 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: March 02, 2015, 07:53:39 PM »

I made it back home to Tulsa about an hour ago.  It looks like my background check came back clean.  I got a packet in the mail with my credit and background check report and it was all clean.  So now, I wait on an official start date and hours.

Wait... credit check?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1326 on: March 02, 2015, 08:27:09 PM »

I made it back home to Tulsa about an hour ago.  It looks like my background check came back clean.  I got a packet in the mail with my credit and background check report and it was all clean.  So now, I wait on an official start date and hours.

Wait... credit check?

Actually.. wait... no credit check, just a background check according to the documents I received which verifies which was told me at the interview.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1327 on: March 02, 2015, 08:29:31 PM »

Some employers, especially those with the handling of money, do require credit checks, though, to make sure you are not delinquent on your own bills and are trustworthy to handle a corporations money.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1328 on: March 02, 2015, 09:46:21 PM »

Some employers, especially those with the handling of money, do require credit checks, though, to make sure you are not delinquent on your own bills and are trustworthy to handle a corporations money.
^^^^^^^^
Not only this, but people with better credit tend to be, all other things equal, better employees. It's sort of like why The Gap drug tests. It's not even so much that they're afraid a high employee will do a poor job folding a sweater. They've crunched the numbers and it works out for them. President Obama mentioned the hazard of getting caught in a bad credit without a job and no job with bad credit endless loop in a state of the union a few years back, but nothing ever came of it.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1329 on: March 02, 2015, 10:04:35 PM »

I must make a confession...  I stayed up until 0100 this morning watching the Atlanta NASCAR race that I had recorded.  Way past my bedtime.  The DVR cut off with 17 laps to go just after the massive wreck that forced a red flag with 20 laps to go.  I am already planning on watching the Las Vegas race next Sunday at 1430 and may put that on record when I get home this evening.  I may be turning into a NASCAR fan.  Favorite driver?  Dale, Jr.

I can think of many reasons to stay up to 1am.  Watching Rednecks turn left is not one of them...
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1330 on: March 02, 2015, 10:26:19 PM »

Your employer really should be running a credit check on your dad, since he's the one paying for everything (including the super deluxe cable package).
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1331 on: March 02, 2015, 10:46:39 PM »

Your employer really should be running a credit check on your dad, since he's the one paying for everything (including the super deluxe cable package).
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1332 on: March 02, 2015, 11:02:54 PM »

^^^^^^^^
Not only this, but people with better credit tend to be, all other things equal, better employees. It's sort of like why The Gap drug tests. It's not even so much that they're afraid a high employee will do a poor job folding a sweater. They've crunched the numbers and it works out for them. President Obama mentioned the hazard of getting caught in a bad credit without a job and no job with bad credit endless loop in a state of the union a few years back, but nothing ever came of it.

I would refuse a job that required such a gross invasion of privacy.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1333 on: March 02, 2015, 11:33:35 PM »

Does anyone have any ideas for marinades for chicken

plain yogurt, garlic, ginger, curry powder, trumeric, black pepper, salt

marinate for about four hours (too long and the acidity in the yogurt starts "cooking" the chicken which will make it dry)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1334 on: March 03, 2015, 02:15:25 AM »

The funny things are:

1-Bushie's credit report is no doubt garbage and
2-Unlike many people with bad credit, most of it is primarily his fault.

Bushie isn't like the people with sob stories about being foreclosed in 2008 after being laid off during the worst of the recession or people who had to declare bankruptcy after massive medical bills, his credit black marks are all due to him not being able to hold a job for more than a few months and awful decision making on top of that. Take the short sale of his house, which could've been completely avoided had he never bought the house that he never needed in the first place. So if they still hire after the credit check, I wonder what they are looking for. Granted I know it's common that the only employers who tend to care a lot about credit score are financial industry ones but then you wonder why this one is checking in the first place.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1335 on: March 03, 2015, 03:21:04 AM »

The funny things are:

Bushie isn't like the people with sob stories about being foreclosed in 2008 after being laid off during the worst of the recession or people who had to declare bankruptcy after massive medical bills, his credit black marks are all due to him not being able to hold a job for more than a few months and awful decision making on top of that. Take the short sale of his house, which could've been completely avoided had he never bought the house that he never needed in the first place. So if they still hire after the credit check, I wonder what they are looking for. Granted I know it's common that the only employers who tend to care a lot about credit score are financial industry ones but then you wonder why this one is checking in the first place.

Actually, I just checked my credit score a couple of weeks ago and I'm sitting pretty good.  It's by no means glamorous, but it is not garbage, either.  The worst problem I have is a nearly maxed out credit card.  The short sale on the house doesn't even show up, so my realtor was right, it must have dropped off my credit after a year or so, which would have been last August.  I don't care to release the actual score here, naturally, but it's not that bad.  It could use some improvement, but I would be able to sign for a major purchase like furniture or a car without needing a cosigner.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1336 on: March 03, 2015, 04:57:51 AM »

That is because your dad pays for your debts every month.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1337 on: March 03, 2015, 09:58:55 AM »

^^^^^^^^

I would refuse a job that required such a gross invasion of privacy.
I hope you enjoy hypothetical unemployment. Ameican workers don't have the luxury of privacy. We're forced to submit to whatever violations employers think up in order to pay the bills.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1338 on: March 03, 2015, 10:44:51 AM »

Official weigh-in for Tuesday, March 3, 2015 - 286.4.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1339 on: March 03, 2015, 10:47:46 AM »

RIP
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1340 on: March 03, 2015, 10:53:09 AM »

The funny things are:

Actually, I just checked my credit score a couple of weeks ago and I'm sitting pretty good.  It's by no means glamorous, but it is not garbage, either.  The worst problem I have is a nearly maxed out credit card.  The short sale on the house doesn't even show up, so my realtor was right, it must have dropped off my credit after a year or so, which would have been last August.  I don't care to release the actual score here, naturally, but it's not that bad.  It could use some improvement, but I would be able to sign for a major purchase like furniture or a car without needing a cosigner.

Bushie, a short-sale will still show up on the Credit Report.  What you looked at is a Consumer report which takes less into consideration than a full report.

A full credit report has three bureau's and goes back much further in time, the short-sale absolutely will show up when you look for a car, try to buy a home, etc, as banks get a much fuller picture when they pull credit than you do through a consumer report.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1341 on: March 03, 2015, 11:06:35 AM »

The funny things are:

Bushie, a short-sale will still show up on the Credit Report.  What you looked at is a Consumer report which takes less into consideration than a full report.

A full credit report has three bureau's and goes back much further in time, the short-sale absolutely will show up when you look for a car, try to buy a home, etc, as banks get a much fuller picture when they pull credit than you do through a consumer report.

We had this discussion back in 2013, we're not going to go over it again.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1342 on: March 03, 2015, 11:14:41 AM »

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1343 on: March 03, 2015, 11:15:37 AM »

Smash works in the business. He knows what he's talking about.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1344 on: March 03, 2015, 11:16:45 AM »

So much for dieting. Two (Three? Honestly not sure.) weeks and the guy's lost nothing but some water weight. Pathetic.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1345 on: March 03, 2015, 12:01:37 PM »

The funny things are:

Bushie, a short-sale will still show up on the Credit Report.  What you looked at is a Consumer report which takes less into consideration than a full report.

We had this discussion back in 2013, we're not going to go over it again.

Bushie, I'm a loan officer at a mortgage company, I know how these things work....
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1346 on: March 03, 2015, 12:56:47 PM »

One of the reasons I am serious about this lifestyle change is I cannot hide it any longer my body is showing signs of breaking down with all these stomach bugs and aches and pains.  I have been very fortunate in that I have not been diagnosed with diabetes, but I know that being 115-120 pounds overweight and having a family history of the disease, I'm living on borrowed time unless I do something about it.  The fact that I don't have it, yet, means I can stop the diabetes train before it crashes through the depot.  I can hear the whistle of the train off in the distance, but it hasn't arrived at the depot, yet.  That is my "why" and my motivation.  I can't hide it or sugar coat it any longer.  I'm 2 1/2 months from my 33rd birthday.  I have the body of someone 40-50 years my senior and even that may be too conservative as there are many men in their 70s and 80s who are in much better health than me.  It's time to get moving.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1347 on: March 03, 2015, 01:08:08 PM »

This morning, I was down to 286 and I can see lower 280's tomorrow.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1348 on: March 03, 2015, 01:18:36 PM »

So, now it's time to play a game of: what did Bushie lie about?

>His starting weight in February
>The amount of times he walked in February
>The portion control of his meals in February

What accounted for this 286 to 286 month?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1349 on: March 03, 2015, 01:22:01 PM »

He hasn't mentioned his walking much lately, so I suppose he just sleeps instead. And enthusiastically using and overusing his cheat days probably didn't help either.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies