Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:27:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221814 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: March 03, 2015, 04:11:32 PM »

Mama Bushie is the worst! Won't allow Bushie to use the oven. Tries to steer him away from legit employment. Is the source of the clockwatching, the headaches and the enchilada casserole. I know criticizing a person's mother is not nice but somebody must call this woman out already.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1376 on: March 03, 2015, 04:28:17 PM »

Mama Bushie' coddling is the source of much of Bushie's troubles. I think that has been well established. He has been treated as an invalid most of his life by his mother and now he's 33 years old and incapable of doing even the basic things for himself.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1377 on: March 03, 2015, 04:29:43 PM »

Bushie can give the "doesn't want to cook for one" excuse all he wants, but he never cooked when he lived with his parents or his poor grandmother either.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1378 on: March 03, 2015, 04:32:12 PM »

At least we are learning a bit more about Bushie's weight and it's connection to his depression. The reason he eats like he does is because he's lonely and depressed, which is understandable. I just don't understand why he won't get back together with Allison. She was a good companion for him and I miss Jeffison.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1379 on: March 03, 2015, 04:35:22 PM »

Bushie, your starting weight on the "diet" was 288, as claimed by you:

You said here:

I could be accused of having a cheat day on the first day of the diet, but then I would answer by saying the diet hasn't officially started.  In one of my posts from yesterday, I said the weeks run from Sunday through Saturday.  So, I am going to start the diet at midnight Sunday morning, the beginning of the week.

Sunday morning means Sunday, Feb. 8th.  How much did you weigh that day?

I made it home from church.  This morning, I weighed in at 288, but I woke up too late for breakfast.

288 is how much you weighed on the morning of the first day of the diet.  If you are now back at 288, then you've lost a net of zero pounds since Day 1 of the diet.

So you've managed a whopping 1.6 pound loss in about three and a half weeks.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1380 on: March 03, 2015, 05:19:21 PM »

So, Bushie, as preparation, double your walking time to 40 minutes/day! You can do it in two 20 minute spurts if you like, but it needs to be done.

After tomorrow's bout of wintry weather is over (a tenth of an inch of ice and 2-4" of sleet and snow), I do plan to get out and start walking again.  I'm going to work my way up, but a little more quickly than what I did in February.  My stomach is still a little upset, so I won't walk tonight, but I will try to walk at least by the weekend.  I think Spring time may start taking hold in NE Oklahoma this weekend, so I'm hoping to get in more walking without having to worry about wintry weather or bitter cold.  Remember, when I get into the grocery store behind the meat counter, it will be mostly climate controlled except for the times that I walk into the meat freezer, which likely won't be for an extended period each time.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1381 on: March 03, 2015, 05:52:53 PM »

Bushie, your starting weight on the "diet" was 288, as claimed by you:

You said here:

I could be accused of having a cheat day on the first day of the diet, but then I would answer by saying the diet hasn't officially started.  In one of my posts from yesterday, I said the weeks run from Sunday through Saturday.  So, I am going to start the diet at midnight Sunday morning, the beginning of the week.

Sunday morning means Sunday, Feb. 8th.  How much did you weigh that day?

I made it home from church.  This morning, I weighed in at 288, but I woke up too late for breakfast.

288 is how much you weighed on the morning of the first day of the diet.  If you are now back at 288, then you've lost a net of zero pounds since Day 1 of the diet.

So you've managed a whopping 1.6 pound loss in about three and a half weeks.

Like I said, it was a bad month.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1382 on: March 03, 2015, 05:55:09 PM »

It was a bad 32.8 years.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1383 on: March 03, 2015, 05:59:14 PM »

I wouldn't go that far.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1384 on: March 03, 2015, 06:01:54 PM »

Name one diet where you've actually lost at least 10 pounds during the first 4 weeks. ONE.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1385 on: March 03, 2015, 06:04:26 PM »

No. This might be the first month in your life where you weighed less at the end of it than you did at the beginning of it. You were only thinner earlier in your days because less meals had happened over the course of your life at that point. It's be a slow steady build.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1386 on: March 03, 2015, 06:06:32 PM »

Name one diet where you've actually lost at least 10 pounds during the first 4 weeks. ONE.

November 2011-February 2012 - I lost nearly 30 pounds overall in that diet and over 10 pounds in the first month.  I've since gained it all back, but I'm not without precedent in losing weight.  I got down to the high 250's from 285.  If I can just get back to what I did then, I'd be in a whole lot better shape.  The problem is after I got back from Kenya that March, I fell off the diet.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1387 on: March 03, 2015, 06:11:40 PM »

The one surefire weight loss method Bushie has found this year (before this "diet" started) was when he was sick for several days and lost his appetite.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1388 on: March 03, 2015, 06:13:07 PM »

November 2011-February 2012 - I lost nearly 30 pounds overall in that diet and over 10 pounds in the first month.  I've since gained it all back, but I'm not without precedent in losing weight.  I got down to the high 250's from 285.  If I can just get back to what I did then, I'd be in a whole lot better shape.  The problem is after I got back from Kenya that March, I fell off the diet.

Wasn't that when you admitted lying to us about your weight? Or maybe that was a different time. I can't keep them straight anymore.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1389 on: March 03, 2015, 06:27:23 PM »

Yeah Bushie you admitted to lying about that period already. And you never said you were in the 280s starting either. 270 you called your peak once.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1390 on: March 03, 2015, 06:31:05 PM »

I would like to know more about the coke binges. How much coke does he drink in one binge? How frequently does he binge? Is he ashamed of his binges and is that why we've never heard of them until now?
Panda Express

« Reply #1391 on: March 03, 2015, 06:39:25 PM »

I would like to know more about the coke binges. How much coke does he drink in one binge? How frequently does he binge? Is he ashamed of his binges and is that why we've never heard of them until now?

That's explains why he was so opposed to cutting out soda when I tried to get him to at least try it earlier.

Bushie, you can't lose weight if you don't cut the soda (coke, diet coke, dr. pepper, diet dr. pepper is all the same - it makes you bloated).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1392 on: March 03, 2015, 06:40:03 PM »

Wasn't that when you admitted lying to us about your weight? Or maybe that was a different time. I can't keep them straight anymore.

What you're talking about is the summer of 2012 after I had gained most of the weight back.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1393 on: March 03, 2015, 06:40:48 PM »

Yeah Bushie you admitted to lying about that period already. And you never said you were in the 280s starting either. 270 you called your peak once.

Wrong period of time.  See my response to Duke.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1394 on: March 03, 2015, 06:44:12 PM »

It happens more than I want to admit, but there are hours on end that I constantly have a can of coke or diet dr pepper next to me.  The last time this happened was this past weekend when I had a coke next to me pretty much all day until the last hour or so before bed time.  I don't chug the cokes, but I constantly sip on one.  I don't feel as bad when it's Diet Dr Pepper as that has no calories, but still it's something I need to break away from.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1395 on: March 03, 2015, 06:49:48 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2015, 06:51:28 PM by Former Moderate »

I will reiterate that I lost approximately 40 pounds solely by switching out soda for Gatorade. Drinking soda is easily one of the most destructive things you can do to your body. Even Coke now suggests that soda is a "special treat," and not something to be binged on, can after can, bottle after bottle.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles/2014-07-31/coca-cola-sales-decline-health-concerns-spur-relaunch
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1396 on: March 03, 2015, 06:56:25 PM »

I will reiterate that I lost approximately 40 pounds solely by switching out soda for Gatorade. Drinking soda is easily one of the most destructive things you can do to your body. Even Coke now suggests that soda is a "special treat," and not something to be binged on, can after can, bottle after bottle.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles/2014-07-31/coca-cola-sales-decline-health-concerns-spur-relaunch

If you're actually listening to me, I agree with the Bloomberg article, but there is an addiction that I've got to break.  It's just like someone trying to quit smoking or quit drinking alcohol.  They read and even agree with all the warning articles, but it's harder than it looks to break the addiction.  I don't think an addiction to Coca-Cola is as bad as either of those addictions, but it's still not good.

I am trying to break that addiction down by drinking more water.  It's still not easy and no one here should act like it's a piece of cake.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1397 on: March 03, 2015, 07:25:25 PM »

Everything you just said is correct, and I know how hard it could be. Just remember what someone said pages back. It takes quite awhile to break an addiction (20 days?). I gave up Coke for Lent two years ago when I drank it all the time. Now I can effectively manage it to about two a week.

I know you can do it too if you can withhold cheat days on that (Sunday exceptions were not used by me). Breaking a habit is hard, but it requires focus. It's probably much harder for you with the lack of an obvious alternative, but have you tried anything else? Even stuff like iced tea is marginally better. What about Coke Zero? Switch that in for water now and then. (I presume that's not too bad. Haven't heard much about it.)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1398 on: March 03, 2015, 07:39:20 PM »

Everything you just said is correct, and I know how hard it could be. Just remember what someone said pages back. It takes quite awhile to break an addiction (20 days?). I gave up Coke for Lent two years ago when I drank it all the time. Now I can effectively manage it to about two a week.

I know you can do it too if you can withhold cheat days on that (Sunday exceptions were not used by me). Breaking a habit is hard, but it requires focus. It's probably much harder for you with the lack of an obvious alternative, but have you tried anything else? Even stuff like iced tea is marginally better. What about Coke Zero? Switch that in for water now and then. (I presume that's not too bad. Haven't heard much about it.)

The first step in breaking an addiction is admitting there is an addiction.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1399 on: March 03, 2015, 07:48:33 PM »

Ha, I just voted for 225.  My goal for 364 days from now is obviously lower, but not giving myself the benefit of the doubt, I voted 225.  I seriously doubt, even with a lot of hard work, I will weigh under 200 lbs by then.

I just weighed this morning, and I weigh 274.4, which is actually a decrease of a half pound in the last 48 hours.  I was almost sure I would be 277, at least.  274.4 is by no means a glorious number, but just being 3 pounds under what I thought I would be is okay.  My first goal by June 20, is 260 lbs.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies