Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:00:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221718 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: March 06, 2015, 10:46:45 PM »

The plan is unlimited text and nights/weekends, but only 450 minutes.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1601 on: March 07, 2015, 12:03:28 AM »

This coming Tuesday, March 10, 2015 I will be heading back down to Eastern Oklahoma County for 5 days as what will likely be my final trip to my parents for quite a while.  I will come back home to Tulsa by sunset  Sunday, March 15, 2015.  With this new job and the Grand Opening of a brand new store, I will be working very odd and erratic hours for the first few months while we get the store off and running.  I will likely work weekends, including many Sundays, and will probably not have two days off in a row.  So, it will be hard for me to go back to my parents for a few months until I get a regular schedule.  It will even be hard for my parents to come visit me for the same reason and because Dad has to work, too.  I am 99% sure I will be working Easter Sunday (April 5) as it will only be the 5th day of the store's operation.  When I interviewed on Thursday, February 26, 2015, I mentioned on the application I had completely open availability and both the meat department manager and the store manager asked me about that again and made sure that included Sunday mornings.  I confirmed my availability.  I like to go to church, but I know I can worship whenever I want to on my time off from work.  At this point, I felt getting a job and stopping this unemployment period was slightly more important.  I feel very comfortable about my decision and I have faith that God will provide me opportunities for corporate worship.  I think my completely open availability was what got me hired, ultimately.  I had no experience whatsoever, but was willing to learn, but I think my complete availability is what they liked.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1602 on: March 07, 2015, 12:03:42 AM »

oh my god Bushie pays over $100 per month for phone service and his plan has minutes
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1603 on: March 07, 2015, 12:11:46 AM »

First off, I have Sprint, who I believe is the best cell phone carrier in America on account of continued unlimited data which I have.

Just for the record, Sprint is in fifth place, quality-wise, in Tulsa, Oklahoma. You can check out how good each carrier's coverage is in your area by putting your city or zip code into opensignal.com. AT&T is ranked first, Verizon second, T-Mobile third, U.S. Cellular fourth and finally comes Sprint. But hey, at least Sprint does better than the Connie and Jack plan over at Consumer Cellular.

If you just bought a new iPhone, you should have gotten the $50 Unlimited plan at Sprint. It does come with unlimited minutes, so IDK where all this minutes nonsense is coming from like it's 2006 or something.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1604 on: March 07, 2015, 12:12:17 AM »

also, lol, corporate worship
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1605 on: March 07, 2015, 12:14:25 AM »

First off, I have Sprint, who I believe is the best cell phone carrier in America on account of continued unlimited data which I have.

Just for the record, Sprint is in fifth place, quality-wise, in Tulsa, Oklahoma. You can check out how good each carrier's coverage is in your area by putting your city or zip code into opensignal.com. AT&T is ranked first, Verizon second, T-Mobile third, U.S. Cellular fourth and finally comes Sprint. But hey, at least Sprint does better than the Connie and Jack plan over at Consumer Cellular.

If you just bought a new iPhone, you should have gotten the $50 Unlimited plan at Sprint. It does come with unlimited minutes, so IDK where all this minutes nonsense is coming from like it's 2006 or something.

That's probably the plan I have, tbh.  I know my previous plan had minutes.  I know my current plan costs $50.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1606 on: March 07, 2015, 12:15:09 AM »

What's so laughable about corporate worship?  I don't get it.  Corporate worship is another saying for going to church on Sundays.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1607 on: March 07, 2015, 12:22:06 AM »

So based on what I gathered from a quick glimpse on Sprint's site, the unlimited data plan (which incidentially also does have unlimited minutes, so yeah I have no clue why the f[inks] Bushie is talking about that) is only available if you buy the phone on "Easy Pay" which is the installment plan where you end up paying more than the full retail value for the phone and does NOT include a discount from what I gather, meaning that actually yes, Bushie is paying crazy prices to get unlimited data that he probably doesn't even use anyway. FWIW Sprint is notorious for things like throwing in gimmicks like this and the "cut your bill in half" and then offering it only if you pay full price for the phone but advertising only the non-equipment cost making it look far cheaper than it really is. (Although to be fair it's not like the other carriers are much better when it comes to misleading marketing.) He could pay a bit less with an $85/month single line plan and also appears he could get a 2GB plan for $75/month....so yes Bushie is once again spending money on something he doesn't need.

Bushie what carrier do your parents have?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1608 on: March 07, 2015, 12:23:27 AM »

So based on what I gathered from a quick glimpse on Sprint's site, the unlimited data plan (which incidentially also does have unlimited minutes, so yeah I have no clue why the f[inks] Bushie is talking about that) is only available if you buy the phone on "Easy Pay" which is the installment plan where you end up paying more than the full retail value for the phone and does NOT include a discount from what I gather, meaning that actually yes, Bushie is paying crazy prices to get unlimited data that he probably doesn't even use anyway. FWIW Sprint is notorious for things like throwing in gimmicks like this and the "cut your bill in half" and then offering it only if you pay full price for the phone but advertising only the non-equipment cost making it look far cheaper than it really is. (Although to be fair it's not like the other carriers are much better when it comes to misleading marketing.) He could pay a bit less with an $85/month single line plan and also appears he could get a 2GB plan for $75/month....so yes Bushie is once again spending money on something he doesn't need.

Bushie what carrier do your parents have?

AT&T
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1609 on: March 07, 2015, 12:29:02 AM »

OK I don't know how much data your parents have/use, but AT&T offers $40 per smartphone on a shared data plan and $40 for 3GB. I don't see Bushie's parents being huge data users either so 1GB per each is probably enough. That'd be only a bit over $53/month split up. And even for 6GB (and thus 2GB per phone), that'd be $70, so about $63/month. And significantly better coverage based that site linked as well.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1610 on: March 07, 2015, 12:51:47 AM »

This coming Tuesday, March 10, 2015 I will be heading back down to Eastern Oklahoma County for 5 days as what will likely be my final trip to my parents for quite a while.  I will come back home to Tulsa by sunset  Sunday, March 15, 2015.

So I assume no "diet" and no walking while you're visiting your parents?

Also, no attempts to cook meat, nor attempts to increase you're walking time so that you're physically capable at your new job?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1611 on: March 07, 2015, 12:52:02 AM »

OK I don't know how much data your parents have/use, but AT&T offers $40 per smartphone on a shared data plan and $40 for 3GB. I don't see Bushie's parents being huge data users either so 1GB per each is probably enough. That'd be only a bit over $53/month split up. And even for 6GB (and thus 2GB per phone), that'd be $70, so about $63/month. And significantly better coverage based that site linked as well.

I don't know anything about their plan, either.  We've never talked about sharing a plan and I doubt we will, especially since I just renewed this plan for another 12 months.  Next March, I will upgrade my phone and my tablet which I got last February with the 5s.  The phone is under a 1 year plan while the tablet is under a 2 year plan with 2GB data.  I haven't used the tablet in several months because of living in Oklahoma City for a few months, and having other gadgets to play with, so I may turn it in and drop it off my plan altogether next March.  My tablet is what is inflating my bill.  I wish I could turn it in now, but I would likely incur a big early disconnect fee.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1612 on: March 07, 2015, 12:54:30 AM »

What's so laughable about corporate worship?  I don't get it.  Corporate worship is another saying for going to church on Sundays.

I think it sounds silly to people who aren't used to Christian technical terminology in much the same way that the ecclesiastical use of the word 'primate' does.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1613 on: March 07, 2015, 12:55:58 AM »

Also, the solution to Bushie's financial troubles is obvious: He needs to cut off the Kenyan kids, and have them get jobs.

Bushie, I know it's tough, but if you don't cut the Kenyan kids off now, then they'll be reliant on you for the rest of their lives.  It sounds far-fetched, I know, but you can't coddle them forever, or they'll develop a pathological dependency, never managing to take care of themselves.  They'll just sit on the couch all day watching Kenyan sports and eating Kenyan Braum's, like inert slugs.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1614 on: March 07, 2015, 12:57:40 AM »

This coming Tuesday, March 10, 2015 I will be heading back down to Eastern Oklahoma County for 5 days as what will likely be my final trip to my parents for quite a while.  I will come back home to Tulsa by sunset  Sunday, March 15, 2015.

So I assume no "diet" and no walking while you're visiting your parents?

Also, no attempts to cook meat, nor attempts to increase you're walking time so that you're physically capable at your new job?

We will have two family dinners (Tuesday and Sunday), so probably no walking.  However, I will behave while I eat.  I'm not going to gorge my self during those two dinners.  I will have one cheat meal Friday night when we fix homemade pizza (the stuff that Phil loathes).  I will also drink more water during the day and Diet Dr Pepper in the evening.  No walking, but I will still try to have some resemblance of a diet.

As far as the meat, no I haven't gotten around to that, yet.  I am taking J-Mann's advice there.  As far as the walking, I won't be walking at work.  I will be doing more standing in place or short distance walking than long distance walking.  2 miles in an 8 hour day is not much.  I should be okay for the standing because I was able to stand up for 2 hours yesterday with no trouble.  I will stand up for 105-120 minutes at a time for 4 times at work.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1615 on: March 07, 2015, 01:11:20 AM »

Changing the subject, but here is an article that explains what I went through as a child and adolescent and what I continue to experience today, albeit on a slightly lesser scale.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/logan-ball-tourettes-syndrome-bury-5282951?ICID=FB_mirror_main

I experience some of the same tics as this young boy, as well as a few others.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1616 on: March 07, 2015, 01:12:29 AM »

As far as the walking, I won't be walking at work.  I will be doing more standing in place or short distance walking than long distance walking.  2 miles in an 8 hour day is not much.  I should be okay for the standing because I was able to stand up for 2 hours yesterday with no trouble.  I will stand up for 105-120 minutes at a time for 4 times at work.

RIP you fat fool
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1617 on: March 07, 2015, 01:13:05 AM »

That iPhone plan Bushie got is actually a pretty good deal so far as individual (non-family) plans go. I just think it's really wasteful and a bad idea for someone to lease a new phone every year and renew a very expensive two-year commitment, especially when they're unable to keep a steady job. I also think Sprint is terrible in general, but there are easily more expensive plans out there that Papa could be paying for.

Unfortunately, I don't think our dear Bushie will be going on his parents' family plan. He is an independent adult now, you see, and to prove it his dad needs to pay more for this individual plan. Just like how he needs his own place with his own super deluxe cable package. And the super nice iPhone is pretty good too, I guess.

It is The Bushie Freedom Tax that Papa must pay to keep the 33 year old boy out of the train room.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1618 on: March 07, 2015, 01:17:24 AM »

That iPhone plan Bushie got is actually a pretty good deal so far as individual (non-family) plans go. I just think it's really wasteful and a bad idea for someone to lease a new phone every year and renew a very expensive two-year commitment, especially when they're unable to keep a steady job. I also think Sprint is terrible in general, but there are easily more expensive plans out there that Papa could be paying for.

Unfortunately, I don't think our dear Bushie will be going on his parents' family plan. He is an independent adult now, you see, and to prove it his dad needs to pay more for this individual plan. Just like how he needs his own place with his own super deluxe cable package. And the super nice iPhone is pretty good too, I guess.

It is The Bushie Freedom Tax that Papa must pay to keep the 33 year old boy out of the train room.

You could have stopped after the first paragraph...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1619 on: March 07, 2015, 01:21:05 AM »

Some of the different tics I experience are brief, but wild mood swings that sometimes resemble bipolar, but are not bipolar.  In private, I go from really excited to really upset.  They never last long, but do happen frequently.  That's why I have so many angry bursts on the forum.  When I'm around others, I am even keel at all times and only inwardly have those swings.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1620 on: March 07, 2015, 01:57:35 AM »

We will have two family dinners (Tuesday and Sunday), so probably no walking. 

Impeccable logic.  Walking within a day or two of a family dinner makes very little sense.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1621 on: March 07, 2015, 03:39:33 AM »

Will Bushie ever manage to go an entire day without falling for a scam?

To be fair to Bushie, getting price gouged by the cell phone companies is an American pasttime.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1622 on: March 07, 2015, 03:44:35 AM »

I will have one cheat meal Friday night when we fix homemade pizza (the stuff that Phil loathes).

Chef Boyardee pizza in a box?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1623 on: March 07, 2015, 03:48:07 AM »

Of course his (unused) tablet has its own seperate data plan as well....
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1624 on: March 07, 2015, 11:45:20 AM »

I will have one cheat meal Friday night when we fix homemade pizza (the stuff that Phil loathes).

Chef Boyardee pizza in a box?

Yep
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies