Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:56:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221772 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1700 on: March 09, 2015, 10:35:01 AM »

SAE is pretty awful. New Mexico banned them.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1701 on: March 09, 2015, 10:39:56 AM »

Typical frats.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1702 on: March 09, 2015, 11:06:11 AM »

These idiots are not representative of the State of Oklahoma.  Nobody should ever equate these fools with the sentiments of Oklahoma citizens.  To make that comparison would be just as stupid as what these flimwads did.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1703 on: March 09, 2015, 11:12:04 AM »

Flimwad? Did Bushie just invent a curse word? I like it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1704 on: March 09, 2015, 11:22:25 AM »

It's actually an old school curse word that isn't used much anymore.  I first heard it in Home Alone 1 when Buzz asked Kevin "Don't you know how to knock, flimwad?"
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1705 on: March 09, 2015, 12:09:40 PM »

So, Bushie has
1. Unlimited Everything Phone Plan
2. Installment Pay Phone
3. Landline (!)
4. Home Internet
5. Super Duper Premium Cable Package
6. Scammy Life Insurance
7. Multiple Credit Cards with interest
8. Student Loans
9. Kenyan Children
10. Unnecessary Apartment
11. Unecessary Apartment's utilities
12. Very frequent eating out
13. Gas/Car Maintenance
14. Car insurance
15. Misc scams
All while chronically unemployed...

All on Papa's dime.  Poor guy will never retire.  Cry
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1706 on: March 09, 2015, 02:07:21 PM »

These idiots are not representative of the State of Oklahoma.  Nobody should ever equate these fools with the sentiments of Oklahoma citizens.  To make that comparison would be just as stupid as what these flimwads did.

They are Oklahoma citizens.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1707 on: March 09, 2015, 02:08:43 PM »

Don't be an idiot.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1708 on: March 09, 2015, 02:25:23 PM »

Don't be an idiot.

Says the guy who once said that "there are no racists in Oklahoma".

I have no doubt in my mind that a large % of Oklahomans would be against banning this frat due to this incident. Maybe PPP can poll that at some point.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1709 on: March 09, 2015, 02:28:55 PM »

Don't be an idiot.

Says the guy who once said that "there are no racists in Oklahoma".

I have no doubt in my mind that a large % of Oklahomans would be against banning this frat due to this incident. Maybe PPP can poll that at some point.

The racists are in the vast minority in the state of Oklahoma.  Nobody on the face of the planet can deny that.  The vast majority of the greatest state in the United States are condemning this act of stupidity.  The same vast majority support banning this frat AND expulsion of the flimwads who made the rant.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1710 on: March 09, 2015, 02:30:20 PM »

In a stunning role reversal, the Update writers have begun referencing classic Onion articles. Brilliant!
http://www.theonion.com/articles/gaywads-dorkwads-sign-historic-wad-accord,668/

All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1711 on: March 09, 2015, 02:36:38 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2015, 02:38:25 PM by PR »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Are you 100% sure about that, Bushie?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1712 on: March 09, 2015, 02:39:16 PM »

Quote from: Restricted

I'm 100% sure that racists are in the vast minority of my state.  I am also 100% sure that Oklahoma is the greatest state in America.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1713 on: March 09, 2015, 02:44:47 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2015, 02:50:28 PM by PR »

I'm 100% sure that racists are in the vast minority of my state.  I am also 100% sure that Oklahoma is the greatest state in America.

So you're not even willing to entertain the slightest chance that maybe, just maybe....you're wrong?

What about all the people who think Texas is the greatest state in America? Or New York? Or California? Why Oklahoma? And what if they're also 100% sure? What then?

EDIT: It's also a pointless and impossible-to-answer question, akin to asking what the most delicious flavor of ice cream is. (Which, FTR, I am 100% sure that the answer is Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough).

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1714 on: March 09, 2015, 02:55:23 PM »

I'm 100% sure that racists are in the vast minority of my state.  I am also 100% sure that Oklahoma is the greatest state in America.

So you're not even willing to entertain the slightest chance that maybe, just maybe....you're wrong?

What about all the people who think Texas is the greatest state in America? Or New York? Or California? Why Oklahoma? And what if they're also 100% sure? What then?

EDIT: It's also a pointless and impossible-to-answer question, akin to asking what the most delicious flavor of ice cream is. (Which, FTR, I am 100% sure that the answer is Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough).

People in every state has the right to consider their state the greatest in the nation.  Oklahoma is great and for me it is the best state, but that doesn't have to be the response of every American, or even every Oklahoman.

What is not a matter of legitimate debate, however, is my first statement in that the vast majority of Oklahomans are not racist.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1715 on: March 09, 2015, 04:36:19 PM »

What's interesting, but not surprising, is that the SAE is also apparently affecting Oklahoma State University in Stillwater, as well.  According to reports, an SAE member there has had a confederate flag hanging up in his dorm room.  No doubt OSU's President Burns Hargis will pay attention to that now that OU is having to deal with this embarrassment of a fraternity.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1716 on: March 09, 2015, 04:57:26 PM »

What's interesting, but not surprising, is that the SAE is also apparently affecting Oklahoma State University in Stillwater, as well.  According to reports, an SAE member there has had a confederate flag hanging up in his dorm room.  No doubt OSU's President Burns Hargis will pay attention to that now that OU is having to deal with this embarrassment of a fraternity.

Yep. Definitely no racists in Oklahoma...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1717 on: March 09, 2015, 05:03:18 PM »

Not racist guys. Some Oklahomans are just honoring the state's history as a... Union territory.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1718 on: March 09, 2015, 05:07:20 PM »

What's interesting, but not surprising, is that the SAE is also apparently affecting Oklahoma State University in Stillwater, as well.  According to reports, an SAE member there has had a confederate flag hanging up in his dorm room.  No doubt OSU's President Burns Hargis will pay attention to that now that OU is having to deal with this embarrassment of a fraternity.

How common/uncommon are rebel flags in Oklahoma? While not abounding in Detroit, in the area around where I live, you wouldn't be particularly surprised to see a Confederate flag decal or something like that on the back of a pickup truck, even in more suburban areas. While still appalling, and not necessarily "common", seeing the symbology is still not too surprising. That said, I don't think I've seen a single one in a dorm here at UDM.

In the general public, they are only somewhat common among the redneck community and extremely rural areas mainly in Southeast Oklahoma closer to Dixie. I don't know of very many at all out west or in the cities such as Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Lawton, or Enid.  They probably are out there, but they are not very common.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1719 on: March 09, 2015, 05:17:04 PM »

The Battle Flag is a rural troll thing. One sees them in California and Ohio just as much as in TN, which is to say, very rarely. For some reason, aging bad boy motorcyclists love them.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1720 on: March 09, 2015, 05:30:38 PM »

They are literally all over New Jersey and I've seen a good amount in PA as you head north. They can't possibly be that uncommon.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1721 on: March 09, 2015, 07:02:33 PM »

They are literally all over New Jersey and I've seen a good amount in PA as you head north. They can't possibly be that uncommon.

I am from New Jersey. They are not "literally all over New Jersey." I can't say I've ever seen more than one or two here in my entire lifetime.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1722 on: March 09, 2015, 07:10:20 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2015, 07:21:26 PM by SMilo »

I am from New Jersey. They are not "literally all over New Jersey." I can't say I've ever seen more than one or two here in my entire lifetime.

Fine, all over South Jersey. Obviously the flag isn't flown publicly but tons of rebel flag pins on bags in my high school and others nearby, and I know several people south of me post pictures of their in-state (/Penn/DE) dorm rooms with the Confederate flag on the wall. Confederate gear is publicly displayed, and the flag is often in houses. In more rural areas you do see it on cars too. There's probably some bias due to people who share my interests, but it's pretty prevalent. My family members (mostly NYers) are horrified when they see them so they get pointed out quite a bit. In fact, I think at some point, I was given stickers or tattoos of the flag.

EDIT: And I just realized, high school/organizations are not even the primary source. I frequently go to country concerts, even at the Meadowlands, and the parking lot is packed with them. Few in Philadelphia though. Never in NYC. It's pretty weird.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1723 on: March 09, 2015, 07:18:10 PM »

Oh, well. Sure. South Jersey.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1724 on: March 09, 2015, 07:18:21 PM »

For the record, I haven't seen any in Tulsa in the 11 months I've been here.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies