Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:12:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221754 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1800 on: March 11, 2015, 11:10:35 AM »

Cheesy
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1801 on: March 11, 2015, 11:24:39 AM »

Things just got real, folks! I go in this Monday, March 16, 2015 at 8:00 to fill out my new hire paperwork, get my work schedule, and my uniform shirts. Orientation is Monday, March 23, 2015 at 9:00. Yes, that call finally happened!! Most importantly, I'm still a part of the Sprouts-Owasso team. Smiley

I hope they have your size, Bushie.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1802 on: March 11, 2015, 11:40:59 AM »

Tulsa isn't far (in American Midwest terms at least) from some of the prettier parts of Oklahoma, so why not do a day trip to one of them? You have a car, after all. Walk about a bit and enjoy the great outdoors; would do you good. And take photos to prove people here wrong about your state. Is that a good incentive?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1803 on: March 11, 2015, 12:01:36 PM »

All that said, tomorrow is supposed to be sunny with highs in the middle 70's.  I'd be a fool not to get out and walk for a bit.

Have you walked yet?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1804 on: March 11, 2015, 12:08:48 PM »

Sprouts (RIP [redacted]) has a pretty impressive website for a small supermarket chain. You can select your store location and create a printable shopping list with prices of all their inventory for the week and get an estimated cost of your grocery trip. You can even filter preferences like  Kosher, Nut-Free, Vegan, etc.

They also have healthy recipes that autoload all the ingredients into said shopping list feature.  Update followers can even create shopping lists and email them to our protagonist.

It appears ODF's flimwadiest excuses for not eating healthy are about to be RIP.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1805 on: March 11, 2015, 12:20:37 PM »

Sprouts (RIP [redacted]) has a pretty impressive website for a small supermarket chain. You can select your store location and create a printable shopping list with prices of all their inventory for the week and get an estimated cost of your grocery trip. You can even filter preferences like  Kosher, Nut-Free, Vegan, etc.

They also have healthy recipes that autoload all the ingredients into said shopping list feature.  Update followers can even create shopping lists and email them to our protagonist.

It appears ODF's flimwadiest excuses for not eating healthy are about to be RIP.

I, for one, am eagerly looking forward to the new excuses Bushie will have to come up with to rationalize not eating healthy.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1806 on: March 11, 2015, 12:23:40 PM »

Wait, Bushie is working at Sprouts? Fake Oklahoman. Angry
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1807 on: March 11, 2015, 12:27:42 PM »

Sprouts (RIP [redacted]) has a pretty impressive website for a small supermarket chain. You can select your store location and create a printable shopping list with prices of all their inventory for the week and get an estimated cost of your grocery trip. You can even filter preferences like  Kosher, Nut-Free, Vegan, etc.

They also have healthy recipes that autoload all the ingredients into said shopping list feature.  Update followers can even create shopping lists and email them to our protagonist.

I, for one, am eagerly looking forward to the new excuses Bushie will have to come up with to rationalize not eating healthy.

"There weren't any good chairs available at Sprouts today so I had to drive to Whataburger to get a nice sit down meal."
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1808 on: March 11, 2015, 12:41:44 PM »

Bushie, my back used to be in ridiculous pain (not wholly unbearable, but still quite undesirable) from three to four-hour dishwashing shifts. Gird yourself for suffering.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1809 on: March 11, 2015, 12:46:17 PM »

I don't think anyone here is trying to discourage you, but you can't help but not blame us for having little faith. You're taking the preparations for the job pretty casually, you aren't walking at all, and your "diet" is nonexistent, and we know it will be on hiatus during your 5 days at your parents.

But our opinions are the least of your worries if you can't stand for 8 hours a day and don't know a thing about what you're doing. You said standing for 2 hours was a chore. Imagine that x4. Yeah...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1810 on: March 11, 2015, 03:18:33 PM »

I don't think anyone here is trying to discourage you, but you can't help but not blame us for having little faith. You're taking the preparations for the job pretty casually, you aren't walking at all, and your "diet" is nonexistent, and we know it will be on hiatus during your 5 days at your parents.

But our opinions are the least of your worries if you can't stand for 8 hours a day and don't know a thing about what you're doing. You said standing for 2 hours was a chore. Imagine that x4. Yeah...

I can see why you're of little faith, but it's like you trying to reduce my faith.  You said you weren't trying to discourage, but you cannot tell me to reduce my optimism and expect me not to take it as discouragement.  You are not discouraging me at all, but watch your words, especially to a guy who has had difficulty in employment.

Also, I reported I had no trouble standing for 2 hours and could have gone longer.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1811 on: March 11, 2015, 03:20:11 PM »

All that said, tomorrow is supposed to be sunny with highs in the middle 70's.  I'd be a fool not to get out and walk for a bit.

Have you walked yet?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1812 on: March 11, 2015, 03:49:11 PM »

I can see why you're of little faith, but it's like you trying to reduce my faith.  You said you weren't trying to discourage, but you cannot tell me to reduce my optimism and expect me not to take it as discouragement.  You are not discouraging me at all, but watch your words, especially to a guy who has had difficulty in employment.

Also, I reported I had no trouble standing for 2 hours and could have gone longer.

So go longer. Stand for 8 hours tomorrow. You will need to do it every day starting in 12 days. Do it now if you think you don't need to work on it.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1813 on: March 11, 2015, 04:33:50 PM »

Have you walked yet?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1814 on: March 11, 2015, 04:41:57 PM »

things im amazed by:

1.  bushie is proud that he was able to stand for 2 hours.

2. mama bushie doesnt wont her boy working in a grocery store.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1815 on: March 11, 2015, 04:44:09 PM »

I don't think Mama Bushie wants her son working anywhere. She's just an unpleasant negative type who will find a problem with any job Bushie could find. In a lot of ways, Mama Bushie is the Update's primary antagonist.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1816 on: March 11, 2015, 04:45:41 PM »

Bushie should have been born a woman. He takes after his mama so much. He would've made a perfect fat bride to a young innocent Papa in the making.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1817 on: March 11, 2015, 04:48:44 PM »

Bushie should have been born a woman. He takes after his mama so much. He would've made a perfect fat bride to a young innocent Papa in the making.

Or better yet, another Tyffannyé.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1818 on: March 11, 2015, 05:12:06 PM »

I don't think Mama Bushie wants her son working anywhere. She's just an unpleasant negative type who will find a problem with any job Bushie could find. In a lot of ways, Mama Bushie is the Update's primary antagonist.

I wouldn't say that, but she is definitely Update's Skyler White.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1819 on: March 11, 2015, 05:37:36 PM »

IIRC, Skyler didn't typically encourage Walt to make bad decisions. I'm not even sure why so many people hated her so much. I thought she was one of the more likable characters. In any case, when Walt decided to do something crazy, you'd better believe it was his own Inksing decision. Bushie has to have a family meeting where Mama has a say.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1820 on: March 11, 2015, 05:45:13 PM »

IIRC, Skyler didn't typically encourage Walt to make bad decisions. I'm not even sure why so many people hated her so much. I thought she was one of the more likable characters. In any case, when Walt decided to do something crazy, you'd better believe it was his own Inksing decision. Bushie has to have a family meeting where Mama has a say.

Oh c'mon, memph.  Pa is obviously the judge, jury, and executioner of Game Plans. 
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1821 on: March 11, 2015, 05:47:08 PM »

Gonna shut this one down now. I'll be busy over the next few days.

(Honestly, I've hardly read Update at all lately... hope I'm not missing out on anything too important.)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1822 on: March 11, 2015, 06:13:53 PM »

Oh c'mon, memph.  Pa is obviously the judge, jury, and executioner of Game Plans. 
I don't think you understand the Heartland family dynamic at all. There were echoes of it when he referred to Allison as "The Boss."
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1823 on: March 11, 2015, 07:00:57 PM »

Have you walked yet?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1824 on: March 11, 2015, 07:03:30 PM »

Yes, I did walk for 30 minutes earlier this afternoon.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies