Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:38:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules." (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 222033 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: February 12, 2015, 04:59:41 PM »

Nah, that's not where he is right now. The truth is that he probably took that scam job after all, and so went in to work today.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 05:54:37 PM »

At least he seems to realize how silly it is for Bushie to have an apartment with a deluxe cable package he uses once a month in Tulsa while not having a job and rarely being there.

When we're not in "Family Dinner" season, he actually seems to hang out at his apartment quite a bit.  It's not like he has a job to go to every day, or a particularly active social life.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 08:53:53 PM »

Also, if I did do this, they would have to listen to Christian music for the entire ride.  No exceptions.

What about non-denominational Christmas music?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 10:04:54 PM »

Diet Update:  I had another round of scrambled eggs and bacon for supper tonight.  4 glasses of water.  20 minute walk.

Are you interested in learning how to cook anything new?  I can understand how you'd get sick of eating at home if you cook the same two or three things every night.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 08:58:12 PM »

I am ready to settle down into a career and I think this Help Desk could be the ticket to do just that.

But are you still planning to move to Kenya in a few years?  You're going to settle down into a career, before leaving it behind to live in Kenya?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 10:04:17 PM »

I am ready to settle down into a career and I think this Help Desk could be the ticket to do just that.

But are you still planning to move to Kenya in a few years?  You're going to settle down into a career, before leaving it behind to live in Kenya?

If things fall in place, then yes, Kenya is still in the plans.  I'm confident they will.  A Help Desk job would be a good way to make the money needed to pay off my debt and make the move to Kenya.  If things for Kenya do not fall in place, which I do not believe will happen, a Help Desk career can be a good way to save up for retirement.

But then how is it a "career" if you're only going to be doing it for a couple of years?  Unless you plan to move on to "higher-end call centers" in Kenya.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 11:51:29 PM »

Bushie, what exactly are you waiting for on the move to Kenya?  Is your plan to move there as soon as you're out of debt, or what?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2015, 07:43:27 PM »

I had walked everyday Saturday through Thursday, so I took yesterday off, but will get back out there for a little bit today.

So have you done this yet?

And what was for dinner, yesterday and today?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 02:00:38 AM »

Well, First day of Week Two, and Bushie's already taken one of his two-per-week "cheat meals". Interesting...

I forget.  Do the eating out rules apply only to dinner, or to lunch as well?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 06:08:20 PM »

Bushie, how much $ would you earn when you move to Kenya?  Presumably more than $0, and your living expenses would be less than in OK, so you might as well go there now.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 08:12:28 PM »

What was for dinner tonight, Bushie?

Also, when is the next scheduled weigh-in?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2015, 08:28:52 AM »

What's the over/under betting line on this morning's weigh-in?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 05:05:01 AM »

A simple search shows most likely it was about how some guy killed some dude outside his ex gf house. You were probably nappin when it happened

OMFG, can you imagine if they call Bushie as a witness?

Jeff will be the Rachel Jeantel of Oklahoma, memes and all.

I actually see Bushie as the next Kato Kaelin.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 11:29:07 PM »

Also what did you eat today and how far did you walk?

I scrambled two eggs with bacon and toast and I am up to 25 minutes.

Do you have any desire whatsoever to learn how to cook something new?  It seems like every other dinner you cook at home is scrambled eggs.  The other half of the time it's a tomato and bacon sandwich.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2015, 12:16:58 AM »

I have no doubt going from 0 interviews to 3 interviews in the span of 65 minutes was all a result of God just showing off.

Update XXII: God Shows Off

Update XXIII: I'm not that smart
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2015, 01:34:00 AM »

PiT may be on to something. Troy Polamalu has long hair, football is like a battle, Steelers wear gold and breastplates in the uniforms, and they lost to Tebow in the playoffs.

And the football season is 5 months long September to January.

It all fits together perfectly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PSueHOY-Jk
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 06:05:24 PM »

Why would God show off by getting Bushie an interview with a company he didn't feel good about?! Huh

God is the ultimate tease.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 09:03:16 PM »

What was for dinner tonight?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2015, 07:00:12 PM »

^^^^
It's been a few days since we had any dinner updates, so I assume the "diet" is RIP.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2015, 08:39:25 PM »

^^^^
It's been a few days since we had any dinner updates, so I assume the "diet" is RIP.

The diet is not RIP, although it is on a break for the next 72 hours.  I will resume it when I get back to Tulsa Monday evening.

So it's only in effect when you're within the Tulsa city limits?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2015, 08:48:47 AM »

I made it back to Tulsa early.  There's a little uncertainty in the weather in Oklahoma City the next couple of days, so I decided to play it safe and come on back home.  I will postpone my recruiter interview for a couple weeks.

Why are you postponing the interview?

Because a few snowflakes landed on the ground and didn't melt right away.  Worst weather that Oklahoma has had in centuries.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2015, 10:24:06 AM »

It's obviously too cold to leave the house and walk outside.  Going to the grocery store to get any food for dinner tonight is out of the question, as "flurries" make the roads impassable.  Does Braum's deliver?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2015, 09:04:00 PM »

Losing 8 pounds does not come by slothful eating.  That's how much I've lost.

You were at 288 this morning. So, are you saying your peak was 296? Or are you counting losing pounds that you've since gained back? Or are you lying?

Yes, I did have a bad couple of days and gained 3 pounds back, so im at a net loss of 5.

That's not true.  You lost a good deal of that weight *before* the diet started, because you were sick, and you lost your appetite.

You said here:

I could be accused of having a cheat day on the first day of the diet, but then I would answer by saying the diet hasn't officially started.  In one of my posts from yesterday, I said the weeks run from Sunday through Saturday.  So, I am going to start the diet at midnight Sunday morning, the beginning of the week.

Sunday morning means Sunday, Feb. 8th.  How much did you weigh that day?

I made it home from church.  This morning, I weighed in at 288, but I woke up too late for breakfast.

288 is how much you weighed on the morning of the first day of the diet.  If you are now back at 288, then you've lost a net of zero pounds since Day 1 of the diet.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2015, 09:26:43 PM »

So, Bushie, you were really 296 lbs when claiming you were only 290 a couple of weeks ago?

He currently claims that he lost 8 pounds, then gained 3 back to sit at 288.  Which would mean that his peak weight would have been 293.  However, the highest he reported was 291 back in January:

He then lost a few pounds due to getting sick, and went down to 288.  Then he started the "diet", lost a few pounds and then gained them back, so he's right back at 288, the same weight he was the day the diet started.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2015, 12:27:42 AM »

Get over your distaste of using your own car for work, and apply for a pizza delivery job (if you can handle driving in "flurries" during the bitterly cold ~30 degree weather of Oklahoman winters).

A few weeks ago, when you applied for that call center job, you said "I need income" to justify going back to the call center racket.  So why doesn't "I need income" prompt you to apply for pizza delivery?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies