Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:15:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules." (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 222865 times)
Panda Express

« on: February 12, 2015, 08:33:34 PM »

Also, if I did do this, they would have to listen to Christian music for the entire ride.  No exceptions.

LOL

Well, my bus driver in high school had Rush Limbaugh on every day so you could probably get away with it.
Panda Express

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 09:30:19 PM »

It is a call center, but a higher-end call center. 

Panda Express

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 10:16:29 PM »

Why do you think you have no energy today? The 10 minute walk? The text to Allison?
Panda Express

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 07:22:04 AM »

Why were you bummed? Was it because you were alone on Valentine's Day?
Panda Express

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 07:37:22 PM »

LOL people believing in the story of Adam and Eve in 2015.
Panda Express

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 11:56:05 PM »

We have just had our first round of freezing rain outside my apartment.  My car is covered in a thin sheet of ice.  The precip will pick back up in the next few minutes and transition over to mostly snow around midnight and last until daybreak.  Tulsa should be 4-6" of snow on top of a thin tenth of an inch of ice.  That's small potatoes compared to the punishment Boston is enduring, but still 4-6" of snow is pretty significant for NE Oklahoma.  Tomorrow's job search will be conducted from the warmth of my apartment.  All this snow is after 76 degrees early Saturday afternoon.  The soil temperatures are dropping pretty fast and the bridges are already slick and the roads will follow suit very shortly.  The good news is we should see some sunshine tomorrow afternoon and get close to freezing for a high so we might get a little melting before dusk.

What did you have for lunch and dinner today?
Panda Express

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 12:21:31 AM »

Why would any adult go to Red Robin? It's basically Chuck E. Cheese.
Panda Express

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 04:54:25 PM »

I've always wanted to know this, why do you have the Kenyan flag under your username?

Revisit previous seasons of Update (some have been deleted, fyi), and earlier this season dating back to March 2012 for details of my love for Kenya.

Bushie, will you respond to my PM about breakfast smoothie recipes that you might enjoy?  Contrary to popular Oklahoman belief, atheists do not eat babies and I guarantee you there are no babies in my smoothie recipe.  

(but really, it a thing I've been doing for a month and I have tons more energy)

I would like to hear about your breakfast smoothie recipes.

There's no soda, so I doubt you (or Bushie) will be interested
Panda Express

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 06:48:03 PM »

For some reason, they didn't like my qualifications or found other resumes to be better qualified.

"For some reason"? Macy's is an image-oriented company. They aren't going to hire a 300 pound guy with Tourettes.  Come on. It's good that you're applying to other jobs besides CADD but let's not act like you working at Macy's was ever in the cards. Wal-Mart would be better suited for you.
Panda Express

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 06:58:28 PM »

For some reason, they didn't like my qualifications or found other resumes to be better qualified.

"For some reason"? Macy's is an image-oriented company. They aren't going to hire a 300 pound guy with Tourettes.  Come on. It's good that you're applying to other jobs besides CADD but let's not act like you working at Macy's was ever in the cards. Wal-Mart would be better suited for you.

They had never seen me before, so how would they know I'm 288 and have Tourette's?

because you left pizza sauce on the application

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If you were to work at Wal-Mart, what would you most want to do? (like cashier, stockroom etc)
Panda Express

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 07:03:13 PM »

If you were to work at Wal-Mart, what would you most want to do? (like cashier, stockroom etc)

Probably sales floor

You realize that you have to walk around the store a lot with sales floor, right?
Panda Express

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 07:23:29 PM »

BushOklahoma, have you thought about working at a hotel? If you work night shift, it will be slow and boring but depending on where you work, you can sit down for part of it and watch movies on your laptop. You'll only have a few things to do each night shift. It actually seems like a decent job for you. I worked at a hotel my last year and a half in college so I know a bit about it.
Panda Express

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 07:24:04 PM »

Next question

How many minutes of walking today, really?
Panda Express

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2015, 07:40:32 PM »

I am going to use one of my eat out meals tonight and indulge in a little Braum's.

You already used like 4 cheat meals last week.
Panda Express

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 07:44:50 PM »

BushOkahoma, what are your thoughts on this story. Good or bad?

http://thinkprogress.org/education/2015/02/17/3623683/oklahoma-lawmakers-vote-overwhleming-ban-advanced-placement-history-class/
Panda Express

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 07:58:34 PM »

I am against this bill because it aims to do away with AP courses.  The AP courses are not harmful and are a great way for select students to potentially get a leg up in their college courses.  I took several AP courses in high school from my sophomore year and up in History and English and I was ahead of most students in Math.  I believe without a doubt I benefited greatly from the AP courses and I believe I could have passed an AP exam for college credit.  I didn't do that, but I probably could have.

Good for you, dawg. Why didn't you take the AP tests though in high school?
Panda Express

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2015, 12:52:55 AM »

Bushie, can you describe some of your neighbors at your apartment complex?
Panda Express

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 12:54:19 AM »

"Chernobyl" is apparently the Ukrainian word for the wormwood flower, and wormwood is specifically name-dropped in Revelation:

However, this doesn't really describe what happened there very well -- sounds more like an asteroid impact or something.

Yeah, in the Left Behind books it was literally a giant piece of rotten wood that came from space and crashed on Earth, poisoning the water. I don't think that has happened yet.
Panda Express

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 12:59:53 AM »

Ok guys, let's brainstorm what the 4th Trumpet could be. According to BushOklahoma, it happened after the Chernobyl disaster (1986) and before Saddam Hussein completely decimated Kuwait (1990).

Here is what the 4th Trumpet says

Panda Express

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 01:11:06 AM »

I already answered what I believe is the 4th trumpet - the fall of the Berlin Wall and the reunification of Germany.  I could be wrong, but that's what I believe.

How did the fall of the Berlin Wall cause the world to go dark?

If I were you, I would go with the 1989 eruption of Mt. Redoubt. It blanketed large areas in ash, causing a lack of sun and it did a lot of economic damage and was the 2nd costliest volcanic eruption in US history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Redoubt
Panda Express

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2015, 01:16:20 AM »

Bushie, are you really comfortable with saying an oil refinery burning in Kuwait in 1990 is one of the 7 most important events in the history of the universe?

It may not be one of the seven most important, but it lines up with Scripture better than a lot of other events.

How?

Let's look at the 5th Trumpet

Revelation 9:1-11, "Then the Fifth Trumpet angel sounded and I saw a star having fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit, and smoke arose out of the pit like the smoke of a great furnace. So the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit."

"Then out of the smoke locusts came upon the earth. And to them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. They were commanded not to harm the grass of the earth, or any green thing, or any tree; but only those men who do not have the seal of God in their foreheads. And they were not authorized to kill them, but to torment them for five months: and their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it strikes a man. In those days men will seek death, and will not find it; and they will desire to die, and death will flee from them."

"The shape of the locusts was like horses prepared for battle. On their heads were crowns of something like gold, and their faces were like the faces of men. They had hair like women's hair, and their teeth were like lions' teeth. And they had breastplates, like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the sound of chariots of many horses running into battle."

"They had tails like scorpions, and there were stings in their tails. Their power was to hurt men five months. And they had as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, but in Greek his name is Apollo."

"One woe is past. Behold, two more woes are coming hereafter".

Where are the locusts??
Panda Express

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2015, 01:18:04 AM »

I already answered what I believe is the 4th trumpet - the fall of the Berlin Wall and the reunification of Germany.  I could be wrong, but that's what I believe.

How did the fall of the Berlin Wall cause the world to go dark?

If I were you, I would go with the 1989 eruption of Mt. Redoubt. It blanketed large areas in ash, causing a lack of sun and it did a lot of economic damage and was the 2nd costliest volcanic eruption in US history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Redoubt

That's a very plausible scenario, actually and does make more sense than the Berlin Wall.

Thanks. I also think the eruption of Mt. Redoubt was a lot more of a significant event than a dumb wall falling.
Panda Express

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2015, 07:53:36 PM »

The phone interview is over.  I feel very good about my answers and he seemed to be pleased about my answers, as well.  He still has a couple more interviews to conduct, but I should have a decision by the end of next week.  If I'm hired, it would probably be the second or third week of March when I get started.

?

So he might hire you without meeting you in person?
Panda Express

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2015, 07:56:00 PM »

The phone interview is over.  I feel very good about my answers and he seemed to be pleased about my answers, as well.  He still has a couple more interviews to conduct, but I should have a decision by the end of next week.  If I'm hired, it would probably be the second or third week of March when I get started.

?

So he might hire you without meeting you in person?

It's possible.

...what would you do at this job, exactly?
Panda Express

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2015, 03:08:52 AM »

Fat mom: Where is your M&M bag?
Daughter: I ate them.
Fat mom: Pig!

Somebody needs to put Fat Mom in the Irony Ore Mine
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies