Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:13:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules." (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 222021 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: February 13, 2015, 01:48:07 AM »

"I don't think I could see myself working in retail.  I might prick my finger on a security sensor pin."
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 02:56:56 AM »

It's officially 0156 CST on Friday 13th, 2015.  Ungodly associations with "bad luck" and other pagan beliefs aside, more importantly... its the WEEKEND.

Time to put aside any silly diets for three days!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrN5cZDPvpY
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 10:41:02 PM »

I am quite surprised, and pleasantly so, that I have not been criticized for entertaining this help desk position, even though it is a call center position.  A lot of times when I announce a job prospect, I get the "what-for" in no uncertain terms.  It is quite refreshing.  So, thank you all. Smiley

I count six people so far who have criticized this move, and you only announced it two hours ago.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 11:18:19 PM »

The Onion's mole strikes once again:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 12:23:20 PM »

Early entry for the title of Update XXII.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 01:31:06 PM »

Did God tell you that?  Whisper it in your ear or something?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 02:08:10 PM »

This is a great example of why we still need jmfcst around, because he went to town on Bushie whenever Bushie used this type of argument and way of thinking, and quite effectively too.

What would be the point?  Bushie is proud of the fact that criticism of his religious beliefs go in one ear and out the other, even when coming from someone so bathed in prayer that his fingers were wrinkled.  Even when jamfist was here and berating Bushie's nonsensical interpretations of the same things he himself believed, the response was always, "Good Tuesday evening everybody!  I'm proud to say I only napped from 1400 to 1800 today blah blah blah etc."
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 04:13:22 PM »

As a Catholic, there's a pretty good shot Mother Teresa is in Hell too.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 04:44:42 PM »

http://hrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/waymac/African%20Canadian%20Studies/Unit%202%20About%20Africa/00human_evolution.htm

So if Adam and Eve were just slotted into the last of these stages, what exactly happened to all the previous stages?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 03:34:22 AM »

Bushie should take up the old Catholic tradition of fasting during Lent, since that's coming around this time of year. No meat on Ash Wednesday or Good Friday at the very least.

The Southern Baptist version of Lent is just like the Catholic version, but instead involves eating whatever you want as much as you want as often as you want.  Just like the Southern Baptist version of Ramadan, coincidentally.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 11:42:16 PM »

Put this in the dumb Bushie file:

I had crackers and cheese for a little snack earlier using the sliced cheese singles that I bought last fall, but never threw away.  My stomach is cramping up big time right now so I got to looking at the expiration date and it said November 2, 2014!!! Almost 4 months!!!  Needless to say the rest of the cheese is going in the trash tomorrow when I can take it to the dumpster...

Ehhhh... Should make for some productive dumps.  Be sure to weigh in post-Apocalypse.

Apocalypse is the correct terminology...  I'm paying dearly for my sins right now...

You're posting to the Update while s(h)itting on the toilet?!  Reported for indecency.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2015, 07:26:01 PM »

Crime stats says Tulsa is 5th in the nation rapes, with 79.2 per 100k. Minneapolis is #1 with 103 per 100k.

Maybe BRTD would like Tulsa after all.

No, a higher rape crime rate is simply an indication of a more fun city to live in.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 12:31:25 AM »

I just found out why I saw the News on 6 vehicles in my apartment complex.  They were doing a story on PSO Electric installing smart meters around Tulsa and my apartment complex being the first customers to receive the meters.

I'll bet the guys running the meth lab next door were freaking out!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 02:02:47 AM »

Is it mostly white folk, or are there black or Hispanic residents?

He already told you: "quiet people".  That should answer your question.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 10:52:34 PM »

Hooray, we're careening wildly back into religion!  Please continue, Bushie!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 11:56:05 PM »

In case you haven't noticed guys, I'm on a roll.  I am in a VERY good mood tonight.

Tell us more about the End Times!  Trust me, it's fascinating reading.  Can you speculatively chart Tsipras's rise to global power over the next 6-9 years?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 04:29:20 AM »

This has truly been a fantastic episode.  The writers are always on top form when they delve into religion (even if it is mostly plagiarized).
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 07:28:49 PM »

You mean there was more than one person named 'John' around at the same time?  Impossible.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2015, 07:31:44 PM »

I did this subject for a research paper (partially) in my Old Testament class everyone, Moses wrote all of those books.

Well I guess that settles it!  Harry and Nathan can take their 'hard and fast' facts and shove 'em.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2015, 10:26:32 PM »

Guys, please keep actual Biblical scholar debate to a minimum. It's boring as h-e-double-hockey-sticks.

All Biblical talk should be centered around ODF's beliefs, which are actually entertaining.

Yeah, but, see, the hope is that by throwing real Biblical scholar talk at ODF, we can get him to elaborate on his own beliefs more.

You are not going to change my mind or even cause me to think.  I believe what the Bible says more than I believe what any man says.  The Bible was written by 40 men, but authored by God Himself. That point cannot be disproven.  The Bible is the ultimate authority on life on earth and after.  There is no scholar who is above the Bible.  God authored the Bible and since no one can dispute that God is the ultimate authority about the existence of the universe (which He created), then I am going to believe God and His Word over some obsolete scholar.  And, yes, the Apostle John wrote the Gospel of John, 1,2,3 John, and Revelation.  Nobody can seriously question that.

Do not talk to me about it anymore.  You are not going to change my mind.  Ever.  Period.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2015, 06:37:49 PM »

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2015, 06:43:35 PM »

That's odd, Wulfric.  I feel like I've seen that somewhere before...
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2015, 02:41:53 PM »

When I was hanging out with BRTD yesterday we talked about BushOklahoma. This gave me a terrifying realization that just as BRTD was a real person standing in front of me, Bushie was also a real person out there somewhere. This is terrifying.

Indeed.  I visualize people based on their avatars, and the thought of some posters being real people (ss super flash, bronz, OC, solarstorm2012) is truly horrifying.

If NYE posts a pic I might have to leave.

For me it would be t_host1, although I expect the photo would just be an extreme close up of his left hand or an eyebrow.  Still, it would shake my confidence in everything I understand about him.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2015, 08:34:02 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2015, 09:15:55 PM by The 4th Trumpet »

Losing 8 pounds does not come by slothful eating.  That's how much I've lost.

Show us the scale to prove it. If you dont, than you can't prove anything... and you can't blame us for not  backing you and supporting you. We would support you more, if you proved to us that you were actually doing something

He can't. He already admitted to fudging the numbers on this.

That, plus he claims he doesn't know how to post pictures on the forum.  Remember when he asked his FB friends here (before the Purge) to share his photo of his turkey wrap lunch on the forum because Mr. eCommerce McCadd didn't know how to do it himself?

But never mind that he has posted multiple selfies in the PAPOY threads over the years.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2015, 08:53:09 PM »

wait wait wait...

what exactly is Jesus going to put Bushie in charge of once he's in Heaven?!

heaven help desk

It's about time somebody was put in charge of actually responding to all those prayers!  It might as well be a guy with Tourette's.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies