Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:37:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules." (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221965 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: February 12, 2015, 12:53:06 AM »

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the job search tomorrow.  I'm getting close to getting another CAD interview.  I also wonder how long it will take for Macy's to get back with me.  Who knows, maybe I could move up the corporate ladder at Macy's.  Even though, it'd be a filler job, I'm going to put my heart and soul into it throughout my entire work shift.  It would be income and a legitimate way of getting much needed income.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 05:18:34 PM »

Nah, that's not where he is right now. The truth is that he probably took that scam job after all, and so went in to work today.

Nah, Grumps is right, I've been napping for most of the day.  I have done some job searching today, though, and game planning with Dad over the phone going over  several "what-if" scenarios.  One of the major "what-if" scenarios is if I am still jobless or in a call center by the end of March when I have to make my decision on the apartment that I would notify the apartment of my intent to vacate and then move down to OKC with them, look for a job - any job - and use my entire paycheck to quickly pay down my bills while they support me and then after the bills are paid off, I can start looking in the Kansas City and/or Dallas-Ft Worth Metro Areas.  This would likely be sometime in 2016 that I would start looking out of state.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 06:07:32 PM »

Why would you extend your lease in Tulsa? It just seems like common sense that you'd cancel it.

If I get a CAD job or a good job then I will extend it so I have a place to live.  If I don't have a job or if I have a retail or call center job then I will let it expire on May 31 and move out.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 06:09:07 PM »

And is there a good reason that you would be looking out of state?

After I get my bills paid off, the purpose of looking out of state is to get a completely fresh and bigger job market.  DFW is just swarming with jobs, but I can't move down there until I'm out of debt.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 06:10:46 PM »

At least he seems to realize how silly it is for Bushie to have an apartment with a deluxe cable package he uses once a month in Tulsa while not having a job and rarely being there.

When we're not in "Family Dinner" season, he actually seems to hang out at his apartment quite a bit.  It's not like he has a job to go to every day, or a particularly active social life.

Yes, since my job ended last month, I have since moved back to Tulsa and am staying in my apartment full time.  If I don't get the right kind of job then that will change things.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 06:11:59 PM »

It's clear there's no job opportunities in Tulsa. You should move to New Mexico Bushie. ABQ minimum wage is $8.50 and Santa Fe is $11.

You can make bank and have all the taco salad  you want.

Yes, Bushie, you are a poor. Please move to a state like New Mexico, where they do not murder poors, instead of a state like Texas or Missouri, where that is the state government's explicit policy.

ABQ is definitely an option when it comes to a new job market.  New Mexico is my favorite state outside of Oklahoma.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 06:14:35 PM »

Why would you extend your lease in Tulsa? It just seems like common sense that you'd cancel it.

If I get a CAD job or a good job then I will extend it so I have a place to live.  If I don't have a job or if I have a retail or call center job then I will let it expire on May 31 and move out.

I guess that makes sense, but what if it is a temp CADD job? Will you still extend the lease knowing you'll be done working in X number of months?

If it is a temp CAD job, which I'll take anything at this point, then I can extend the apartment the number of months I will be at that job.  I just wouldn't turn in my vacate notice at the end of March.  If the job term is long enough I could extend the apartment six months and move out by November 30.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 06:16:38 PM »

After I get my bills paid off, the purpose of looking out of state is to get a completely fresh and bigger job market.  DFW is just swarming with jobs, but I can't move down there until I'm out of debt.

Tulsa's unemployment rate is currently 3.6%; Oklahoma City's is 3.5%. It's 4.4% in Dallas.

Your problem is not a lack of available jobs. The problem is your work history. Nothing will change if you waste a ton of money by moving again.

While that's definitely an issue, I can personally attest to the fact that there are very few entry-level CAD jobs in either Tulsa or Oklahoma City.  Everybody wants experience.  So, how do I get the experience if nobody wants to give me the experience?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 06:28:19 PM »

While that's definitely an issue, I can personally attest to the fact that there are very few entry-level CAD jobs in either Tulsa or Oklahoma City.  Everybody wants experience.  So, how do I get the experience if nobody wants to give me the experience?

Everyone in Dallas and Albuquerque is going to want experience too.

True, but there might be more entry-level especially in DFW as you have two major cities plus several major suburbs.  Last I checked, DFW is the 4th largest metro area in the country behind NYC, LA, and Chicago.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 06:56:02 PM »

Tulsa's unemployment rate is currently 3.6%; Oklahoma City's is 3.5%. It's 4.4% in Dallas.

Your problem is not a lack of available jobs. The problem is your work history. Nothing will change if you waste a ton of money by moving again.

You already have CADD experience. How did that go again?

I've got 5 months experience, but everybody requires at least 2 years, some 5-10 years.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 07:32:28 PM »

What sorts of jobs are you planning on looking for when you get back to OKC?

Other than CAD, I don't really know, yet.  I'll diversify my applications for sure, but I'm not exactly sure, yet.  I imagine I'll put in some retail applications, maybe some grocery store applications.  I don't want to do fast food, because I don't think I could lift the grease pans without spilling grease all over the floor.  Other places, too, I'm sure.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 07:37:39 PM »

Have you considered Bakersfield? I think you would like it there.

Cost of living is way too high.  Plus Oklahoma > California.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 08:06:59 PM »

Why won't you at least try the Uber thing, in which you can set your own hours and dress code and quit more easily than any other job?

There's literally no reason not to give Uber a brief try. If you hate it, you've lost nothing and still got a little positive cash flow from it.

^^^

If you're getting desperate for something to do as a job, (and obviously you are if you would even consider a sales job), why won't you at least consider Uber, where you can start right away, set your own hours, your own dress code, and most importantly, can actually do the job?

Remember, if you hate it, it's easier to quit than any other job, so there's no drawback at all. Are you just being obstinate on purpose?

I'm just leery of letting the wrong people into my car.  I'm talking about thugs whose sole intention is to do me harm.  Does Uber screen their clients?  I know that's an outrageous fear, but it's something I think about.  Also, if I did do this, they would have to listen to Christian music for the entire ride.  No exceptions.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2015, 09:31:16 PM »

I just put in another retail-esque application at a Window Cleaning company (Car Wash) for the following two positions:

Power Washing Dealer Lot Cars
 Professional Window Cleaner

I am going to PM Smash and J-Mann and get their thoughts.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2015, 09:49:44 PM »

I just put in another retail-esque application at a Window Cleaning company (Car Wash) for the following two positions:

Unless it's offering you minimum wage, it's a scam.

I don't believe that at all.  Many jobs that offer more than minimum wage are not scams.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, 09:55:35 PM »

Unless it's offering you minimum wage, it's a scam.

I don't believe that at all.  Many jobs that offer more than minimum wage are not scams.

Yes, but nobody offers you to clean windows for more than minimum wage unless there's an MLM where you sell window cleaner involved.

I'll let Smash and J-Mann give their recommendations.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2015, 10:02:57 PM »

Diet Update:  I had another round of scrambled eggs and bacon for supper tonight.  4 glasses of water.  20 minute walk.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2015, 10:06:29 PM »

With all due respect, Bushie, you're just making excuses with regards to Uber and fast-food work. You know you need income - you know that so well that you would have taken that crappy sales job if the forum had not decided to dissuade you from it, because, in your words "I need income".

I see little need to reiterate every counter the forum has already made to your excuses, I simply want you to think about the hole you are trapping yourself in. You literally need to take ANY legitimate job at this point - I don't care if it's legitimate sales, or Uber, or Walmart, or McDonalds, but you need to stop making stupid excuses, realize the very dire situation you're in, and apply to practically everything. Let's face it - you finding a CADD job could take months or years - so don't just apply to one or two things, thinking... "Well, well, I'll do this to get the forum off my back....", as you will be in an extremely bad situation if you don't get a job between now and the end of may, and I don't think you truly realize it. Essentially, just stop making excuses and apply to everything.

--------------

Anyways, I don't think I've seen a mention of what you've eaten today. go.

He napped all day, so there's no way he walked.  I'm gonna guess he went for some Braum's upon awakening from his Snorlaxian state.

EDIT: I'm going to keep my prediction there despite Bushie's post.  Color me shocked.

I slept until 1500, but I still had time about 1630 to get out for a walk.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2015, 10:42:03 PM »

King,

J-Mann just responded to my inquiry and he says it is a legitimate company and a lower-end job.  The job ad offers a wide pay range.  I'm, of course, expecting the lower end of the pay range, which is $10 an hour (minimum wage here is still $7.25).  After your concerns, I was pleased to read his review.  I've asked him to post it here, as well, so you could be put even more at ease.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2015, 11:58:35 PM »

$10 makes sense.

I was just assuming you saw a fast cash $3000/week washing cars ad, as per usual.

Oh heavens no.  I would have steered clear of that one by a hundred miles.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2015, 12:02:05 AM »

$10 makes sense.

I was just assuming you saw a fast cash $3000/week washing cars ad, as per usual.

Nah, it's nothing like that. Aside from some of the physical concerns, I think a job where Jeff can master a repetitive task and do some manual labor would be refreshing for him ... or, at the very least, something at which he could succeed.

A labor job like this might help with my mobility and endurance.  Since I would be moving the entire shift, most likely, it might also burn a few extra calories.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2015, 12:47:22 AM »

I've been doing a flurry of job searching for the past hour.  I'm finding some good ones, too.  I've got a list of three more recruiters that I'm going to call first thing in the morning.  I'm trying to get as many hands on deck helping me look for a job.  In my opinion, I can't have too many eyes and ears looking and listening.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2015, 10:34:52 AM »
« Edited: February 13, 2015, 10:40:17 AM by Lame Duck Obama »

This job search day is off to a great start.   I've only been searching since 0900 and I've already got a meeting with a recruiter with another recruiter today at 1330.  It's not an interview, but its the first bite on anything I've had this week.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2015, 10:39:50 AM »

This job search day is off to a great start.   I've only been searching since 0900 and I've already got an interview with another recruiter today at 1330.  It's not an interview, but its the first bite on anything I've had this week.

😟 uhhhhhh.... What?

Oops, I meant meeting with a recruiter...  My bad.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2015, 11:29:10 AM »

Score! I have a meeting with yet another CAD recruiter this coming Wednesday at 1500.  This will make 4 CAD recruiters and 1 IT recruiter on board helping me look plus these other applications I have put in with Macy's and this window washing company.  The recruiter I'm meeting with this afternoon is IT.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies