Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:17:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules." (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 222057 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« on: February 12, 2015, 08:47:41 AM »

Macy's, even in Oklahoma, is going to be way too fashion oriented for Bushie. It's full of gays and girls with aggressively styled purple hair. They're going to get one look at his style and trash stash and not even consider him. He needs a place where appearance is less of a consideration. Maybe Best Buy. Also a huge Roll Eyes to
You must be logged in to read this quote.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 10:14:01 AM »

Npr is now on the Update train too.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/npr-history-dept/2015/02/12/385310877/how-scams-worked-in-the-1800s
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 01:37:16 PM »

Bushie, have you ever considered having a full beard?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 02:19:07 PM »

http://www.theonion.com/articles/mans-food-poisoning-could-realistically-be-traced,37999/
The Onion mole strikes again.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 04:27:07 PM »

When I was a super fat like him I usually had a beard or goatee. Now that I'm not, I'm clean shaven most of the time. Ugh, I wish I would have done this sooner though, lol. So much loose skin.
If you don't mind my asking, how much weight have you lost?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 05:29:04 PM »

Sounds like Papa is finally going to pull the plug. This season looks extremely promising.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 06:29:54 PM »

And is there a good reason that you would be looking out of state?

After I get my bills paid off, the purpose of looking out of state is to get a completely fresh and bigger job market.  DFW is just swarming with jobs, but I can't move down there until I'm out of debt.

Tulsa's unemployment rate is currently 3.6%; Oklahoma City's is 3.5%. It's 4.4% in Dallas.

Your problem is not a lack of available jobs. The problem is your work history. Nothing will change if you waste a ton of money by moving again.

While that's definitely an issue, I can personally attest to the fact that there are very few entry-level CAD jobs in either Tulsa or Oklahoma City.  Everybody wants experience.  So, how do I get the experience if nobody wants to give me the experience?
You already have CADD experience. How did that go again?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 07:14:47 PM »

What sorts of jobs are you planning on looking for when you get back to OKC?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 08:18:43 PM »

Why won't you at least try the Uber thing, in which you can set your own hours and dress code and quit more easily than any other job?

There's literally no reason not to give Uber a brief try. If you hate it, you've lost nothing and still got a little positive cash flow from it.

^^^

If you're getting desperate for something to do as a job, (and obviously you are if you would even consider a sales job), why won't you at least consider Uber, where you can start right away, set your own hours, your own dress code, and most importantly, can actually do the job?

Remember, if you hate it, it's easier to quit than any other job, so there's no drawback at all. Are you just being obstinate on purpose?

I'm just leery of letting the wrong people into my car.  I'm talking about thugs whose sole intention is to do me harm.  Does Uber screen their clients?  I know that's an outrageous fear, but it's something I think about.  Also, if I did do this, they would have to listen to Christian music for the entire ride.  No exceptions.
Uber payments are credit card only. There's no cash involved, so no need be so leery. I've never done the Uber thing as a passenger or as a driver but I would suspect that drivers would go easy on the music. Even leaving off the religion issues, musical tastes are wildly divergent and people have very strong opinions. You are going to be reviewed by customers often. You want them to enjoy the experience. You have a knack for storytelling. You it to your advantage and charm people. But, at the end of the day, you don't have the luxury of being choosy about your employment. Papa is about to cut the cord and you are not going to be in a good place if you don't start making better decisions.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 09:20:37 PM »

Why won't you at least try the Uber thing, in which you can set your own hours and dress code and quit more easily than any other job?

There's literally no reason not to give Uber a brief try. If you hate it, you've lost nothing and still got a little positive cash flow from it.

^^^

If you're getting desperate for something to do as a job, (and obviously you are if you would even consider a sales job), why won't you at least consider Uber, where you can start right away, set your own hours, your own dress code, and most importantly, can actually do the job?

Remember, if you hate it, it's easier to quit than any other job, so there's no drawback at all. Are you just being obstinate on purpose?

I'm just leery of letting the wrong people into my car.  I'm talking about thugs whose sole intention is to do me harm.  Does Uber screen their clients?  I know that's an outrageous fear, but it's something I think about.  Also, if I did do this, they would have to listen to Christian music for the entire ride.  No exceptions.

Signing up for Uber with their phones (using their names and credit cards) and hailing a Uber driver is much too complicated for "thugs."
I wouldn't say it's too complicated for those people. It just takes a few years for tech/nerd culture to filter out. We saw this same phenomenon with the facialbook many years ago. Today, those people outfacial everybody else. It's not outrageous to suggest that the same thing might happen the Uber within a few more years. But, as of 2015, I don't believe they have discovered the Uber yet.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 09:56:36 PM »

I just put in another retail-esque application at a Window Cleaning company (Car Wash) for the following two positions:

Power Washing Dealer Lot Cars
 Professional Window Cleaner

I am going to PM Smash and J-Mann and get their thoughts.

Unless it's offering you minimum wage, it's a scam.

I don't believe that at all.  Many jobs that offer more than minimum wage are not scams.
You missed a critical word. I bolded it for you. If you want to work at a car wash, go apply. I like the subtle nod to the influence of Walter White. Nice job, writers.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 06:53:16 AM »

He is physically unable to walk for more than 15 minutes at a time, but is applying for a job where he has to wash an endless sea of cars at a dealership? This is going nowhere.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2015, 11:37:36 AM »

Of course he could always try to get work with a normal taxi firm; presumably Oklahoma City has about a billion of these.
Taxis are not a common thing in midsized US cities. Most people already have cars, and those who don't are likely too poor to afford cab fare. Here in my hometown, one almost never sees them, though a few do exist.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2015, 01:02:27 PM »

Taxis are quite common in Minneapolis, although we're not as sprawly as Memphis or OKC.
Minneapolis is a much bigger metro. As sprawl goes, Memphis isn't bad at all. From my home, I can be just about anywhere (that's actually developed; census bureau definitions are absurdly broad) in 20 minutes. That's definately not true of anybody in big cities, where traffic and suburbs that extend forever can make crossing the area take forever.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2015, 02:06:04 PM »

Why does Bushie always go through these shady recruiters. Can't he just go to target.com and apply for a job?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2015, 03:28:44 PM »

Afraid he might end up with some flowers in hair?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2015, 09:33:59 PM »

a retirement should be made available to everyone. 
Time to change the avatar again.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2015, 02:48:03 PM »

Given how low the bar for duration is for Bushie's walking, it's amazing to me that there are any days he doesn't hit his target. I don't have to plan or think about walking 15 minutes per day. That's just part of living a non disabled life.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2015, 07:37:08 PM »

I've seen the call center episodes so many times already. I'm ready for the one where Papa cuts Bushie off. I know it's coming so soon. I can taste it!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2015, 08:19:53 AM »

I never had a sense of failure.  Why? Because I have not failed.  Failure is when you give up.  I haven't given up and I won't give up.  In fact, I'm pretty successful.   I feel as though I'm just as good as anybody else.  I am not ashamed by anything in my life and nor should I be.
BushOklahoma, Father of the Failure Acceptance movement.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2015, 12:09:00 PM »

You guys are totally missing the boat on why Bushie wants to work in an office. It's not about the ties. It's about telling people at church and on the facial that he works for HyperGlobalCorportion, which everybody at church knows is a prestegious thing to do. It isn't about wanting to dress a certain way. It's about the smug satisfaction of namedropping.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2015, 01:25:47 PM »
« Edited: February 15, 2015, 01:28:55 PM by memphis »

It does seem like Bushie was inflicted by too many late 20th century self help books. Today is the first day of the rest of your life! See it and be it! If your heart can dream it and your mind can conceive it, then you can acheive it! You're good enough. You're smart enough! And gosh darn it, people like you. Bushie is a walking living counterargument to the Self Esteem movement.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2015, 01:47:50 PM »

Joe, He told me through His Word (the Bible).

King, yes, but He didn't tell me to go right then.  It'll be a few years.
But isn't the world is ending in a few years?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2015, 03:07:25 PM »

You guys are acting like these beliefs are part of some obscure sect like snakehandling, very problematic but also limited to a few isolated nutters. Although the SBC doesn't require a specific doctrine for membership, this is their de facto position. They are the largest Protestant denomination in the US and thoroughly dominate religious life in a very large part of the country. I usually avoid discussing religion with coworkers, but years ago, a middle age woman from Alabama I worked with was expressing her dissatisfaction with the Baptist view of salvation. How awful it is, but then she added "but that's just the way it is." She believed it unquestionably even as she found it morally repugnant. And in much of the country, that's just how it is. And she was a very middle class well spoken type who worked in an office. She was not a 300 lb man child who spends his day eating Braum's and napping.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2015, 04:21:06 PM »

Since we know the Bible is 100% inerrant and infallible...
Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies