Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:25:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules." (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 222043 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: February 12, 2015, 08:11:53 PM »

Why won't you at least try the Uber thing, in which you can set your own hours and dress code and quit more easily than any other job?

There's literally no reason not to give Uber a brief try. If you hate it, you've lost nothing and still got a little positive cash flow from it.

^^^

If you're getting desperate for something to do as a job, (and obviously you are if you would even consider a sales job), why won't you at least consider Uber, where you can start right away, set your own hours, your own dress code, and most importantly, can actually do the job?

Remember, if you hate it, it's easier to quit than any other job, so there's no drawback at all. Are you just being obstinate on purpose?

I'm just leery of letting the wrong people into my car.  I'm talking about thugs whose sole intention is to do me harm.  Does Uber screen their clients?  I know that's an outrageous fear, but it's something I think about.  Also, if I did do this, they would have to listen to Christian music for the entire ride.  No exceptions.

Lol... just, lol.
How scary the real world must be for you.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 03:16:20 AM »

What the hell are you expending this energy on? Frantic sitting?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 08:28:45 AM »

I love how Bushie's approach to life is like that of his faith - facts will not get in my way, you cannot tell me I'm wrong, because the I'm not.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 06:19:08 PM »

I believe what I believe.  There's no need in criticizing me for it.  What I am telling you is from the Bible.  It's not from the Catholic Church (who's teachings are not always correct).  My views come from the Bible and a lifetime of great men and women of God teaching me.  We cannot earn salvation.  No one can.  Salvation instead is a free gift.  This forum doesn't understand the concept of grace, apparently.  I could never do anything to earn my salvation.  I can only get to heaven through Jesus Christ (John 14:6).  No one can ever hope to earn their salvation.  If they base their attempt to reach God on their own works, then they will be sadly mistaken and disappointed when they leave this earth.  Everyone has to come to salvation through Jesus Christ alone.  Ephesians 2:8-9 says "For it is by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works lest anyone should boast."  This specifically says that we cannot earn our own salvation.  Since we know the Bible is 100% inerrant and infallible, this is the spoken word of God and thus no one can question the validity of any of the content of the 66 books of the Bible.

Anyway, I don't feel like discussing it any further.  You all refuse to see my point of view and instead are intent on bashing me over the head for my beliefs.

Tough.

We don't know anything, you believe it. Big difference. Big. Huge.

You're the ones judging who the real Christians are. Based on a literal interpretation of the book written by hundreds of people, over a thousand years, ordered and re-ordered by committees, edited, translated, re-re-re-translated.

See why people have issues with blind adherence without even a basic critical eye.

Believing there is an infallible being? That's a stretch, but OK, but believe a book written in that process is also infallible? Give me a break. If sticking your head in the sand, 'knowing' you're right 'cause you are, claiming abuse etc etc is what your faith is built on? I think that's another set of life choices you need to re-assess. BTW - have you ever, ever, considered reading about contexualising the Bible to understand why we say these things to you? It's OK, the pitchfork wielding villagers don't need to know.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 07:45:53 PM »

LOL people believing in the story of Adam and Eve in 2015.

one of my best friends believes in Young Earth, historical Adam, historical Noah and flood.  he's also a computer engineer, not a two-bit sponge.

If he believes that, then he is a sponge.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 03:44:53 AM »

Well, First day of Week Two, and Bushie's already taken one of his two-per-week "cheat meals". Interesting...

I forget.  Do the eating out rules apply only to dinner, or to lunch as well?

I don't think it applies to social invitations, because that would be rude.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 06:34:27 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2015, 06:36:50 PM by Senator Polnut »

incorrect.

retail jobs are the easiest to find.  what was that you said about desperate times?

I applied at Macy's, but was rejected.

Um... what?

Can I also say how much I love the misplaced indignant tone of the response above. 
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 07:19:16 PM »

How many minutes of walking today, Bushie?

Slightly off-topic, I was majorly pissed off, when my phone pedometer shat itself yesterday and I lost all my data Sad

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 11:43:08 PM »

Cut out the bread and watch the weight fall off!

And I didn't think cheese really expired like that unless it was moldy. It might not be the cheese causing your latest stomach trouble.

I think the worst part is using "cheese" singles as the cheese with crackers. What kind of heathen are you?!
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 01:57:39 AM »

By "quiet people", it's people who aren't around much during the day and have blacked-out windows.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 02:13:18 AM »

Is it mostly white folk, or are there black or Hispanic residents?

He already told you: "quiet people".  That should answer your question.

Code for "not urban"
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 05:01:35 PM »

I have bags of frozen dumplings in my freezer as a go-to quick dinner.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 06:32:25 PM »

what's the deal with these "recruiters"?  do you have to pay them, and if not, how exactly does that whole system work?

If it's like recruiters anywhere else, then they get paid a commission and service fee for finding employees.

So ...
Company wants an employee -> enlist a recruiter -> recruiter either has someone on file or advertises
-> recruiter places person with company -> recruiting company paid by company and the recruiter receives a commission.

Recruiters have a very bad habit of not really caring about who they place, as long as they place someone to get the fee and commission.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 11:01:52 PM »

Good evening, guys!  Based on studying Bible prophecy and then doing some research, I think I have stumbled across a candidate who fits the bill that the Bible points out for the Antichrist.  It is not Vladimir Putin or Barack Obama or Tony Blair.  He is a newcomer to the world scene - the new Prime Minister of Greece, Alexis Tsipras.  Here is what I believe that matches up with Scripture.  He is an atheist, first and foremost.  As a child in the early 1980's, he became involved with the Communist Youth of Greece.  He is leader of the Coalition of the Radical Left political party in Greece.  He is from Athens, Greece which fulfills the prophecy that he must come the European Union (the reborn Holy Roman Empire) and from Macedonia which includes Greece.  He is very pro-Palestine.  He has already talked with Pope Francis, who is shaping up to be the False Prophet, and they see eye to eye on a lot of thing.  I can't say 100% certain that he is indeed the Antichrist, but he is the best candidate we've had so far.  So, take that and chew on it for a little while. Smiley

This is the problem of people who have completely no idea what the Bible is really talking about. Guess what Aesop wasn't really talking about a tortoise and a hare either.

Find a carrot, chew on that ... it's a lot better for you than that nonsense.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 11:20:30 PM »

Good evening, guys!  Based on studying Bible prophecy and then doing some research, I think I have stumbled across a candidate who fits the bill that the Bible points out for the Antichrist.  It is not Vladimir Putin or Barack Obama or Tony Blair.  He is a newcomer to the world scene - the new Prime Minister of Greece, Alexis Tsipras.  Here is what I believe that matches up with Scripture.  He is an atheist, first and foremost.  As a child in the early 1980's, he became involved with the Communist Youth of Greece.  He is leader of the Coalition of the Radical Left political party in Greece.  He is from Athens, Greece which fulfills the prophecy that he must come the European Union (the reborn Holy Roman Empire) and from Macedonia which includes Greece.  He is very pro-Palestine.  He has already talked with Pope Francis, who is shaping up to be the False Prophet, and they see eye to eye on a lot of thing.  I can't say 100% certain that he is indeed the Antichrist, but he is the best candidate we've had so far.  So, take that and chew on it for a little while. Smiley

This is the problem of people who have completely no idea what the Bible is really talking about. Guess what Aesop wasn't really talking about a tortoise and a hare either.

You're funny.

Trust me, that wasn't my intention.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 11:51:00 PM »

You're funny.

Trust me, that wasn't my intention.

If you expect me to take you seriously, bring your lunch...

Respectfully, after what you wrote above, probably a bit rich to expect for you take someone else seriously. No, you can't eat my lunch.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 03:07:31 AM »

I love how World history started at the time most convenient to these morons.

Of course no one can make you think Bushie, because no adult with a vaguely operating brain would believe this utter twaddle. You're being duped... big time. The Rapture ain't coming, you're going to be here until such time as your heart gives out from your personal irresponsibility. The planet has been here for more than 4 billion years (hear me... 4 billion years) and the history of the planet did not begin 2000 years ago and will not end when a bunch of... *expletive deleted* yokels, who were scared of where the sun went at night until they were dragged kicking and screaming to the 19th Century, determines it will.
Plus, since when was Saddam Hussein of any kind of importance in the grand-scheme of things?

Bushie, your Church is just the modern equivalent of the mindlessness that led to witch-burnings. Anti-science, anti-intellectual, know-nothings.

You deserve every single piece of ridicule you're going to get for this, and I'm sorry for you.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 05:42:33 PM »

I'm not going to answer any more questions on this matter.  For my thoughts on Pope Francis, check out earlier seasons of the Update, I explained it there.  We had a good discussion, and I'm not trying to get out of it, but I need to spend the next couple of hours preparing for my interviews today.

Let me close the discussion by saying this.  What I said last night is just what I believe.  Everyone is free to believe what they want to believe about the end time.  Nobody knows exactly what is going to happen.  You have the right to disagree with me and I'm not going to say you're right or wrong.  The truth of the matter is it doesn't affect one's relationship with Jesus Christ which is the most important thing in the life of every person in the world.  The book of Revelation and the interpretation thereof, is what I like to call a tertiary issue.  It's a third tier issue that has no bearing on the grand scheme of things.  God's going to do what He's going to do.  I will believe how I believe and everybody else is free to interpret it how they want to interpret it.

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

The interpretation is the central element that matters. Jesus used parables to demonstrate points and lessons, why is it impossible for the many who contributed to Bible to use them, particularly at a time of extreme persecution?

Everything in language and literature is interpretation, just like you dumped a woman because you misinterpreted something innocent.

And your natural response to curl up into a ball, and say "I believe what I believe" and "It is 'cause, you know, God" is the height of cheek. You don't get to drop a clanger like that BS you dropped yesterday and not expect to get called on it. There's a reason why your Church rejects proper study of the Bible, because it might mean that your basic theology is not just flawed intellectually but actively anti-Christian.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2015, 02:56:57 AM »

Bushie, why are you so defensive about the Apostle John not authoring the Gospel of John, the letters of John, and Revelation?

Nothing in the Bible says that he is the author. Man says that, and you believe the Bible, not Man. And after all, it's a "tertiary issue" anyway that means very little. So why are you so offended by the idea that virtually every scholar believes the authors are distinct people?

I don't see how they are different people.  All five books were written near the same time as each other in the AD 80's and 90's.  Sorry, but I do not believe these "scholars".  You're right, it is a tertiary issue, but I do not believe the scholars.  You can believe the scholars if you want, and that's not going to affect anything.  I do not believe the scholars, and my belief has about as much impact as your belief, which is zilch.

Lol, typical Bushie - don't trust people who actually know what they're talking about.

No fact, reason, evidence or common sense is getting through that very thick bubble.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2015, 11:03:40 PM »

You are not going to change my mind or even cause me to think.  I believe what the Bible says more than I believe what any man says.  The Bible was written by 40 men, but authored by God Himself. That point cannot be disproven.  The Bible is the ultimate authority on life on earth and after.  There is no scholar who is above the Bible.  God authored the Bible and since no one can dispute that God is the ultimate authority about the existence of the universe (which He created), then I am going to believe God and His Word over some obsolete scholar.  And, yes, the Apostle John wrote the Gospel of John, 1,2,3 John, and Revelation.  Nobody can seriously question that.

Do not talk to me about it anymore.  You are not going to change my mind.  Ever.  Period.

Christ almighty, this post hurts my head.

Just because something cannot be disproven, it ignores that it also can't be proven. But since "faith" fundamentally requires no evidence to justify it, you end up in a "logic" circle. You can't disprove it, therefore you're wrong - I don't need to prove it, I'm right. See?

Of course it can be questioned - your central problem is that you've had your capacity for analysis taken away from you. The Bible has been translated, re-translated - re-structured, re-ordered and written over a thousand years

"You are not going to change my mind.  Ever.  Period" - what are you so afraid of? If your faith was secure, you wouldn't be afraid of asking questions...

Your Church and its views on Biblical interpretation are doing all who go a terrible disservice. I'd trust biblical scholars, who ACTUALLY understand what the Bible was ACTUALLY saying, over some backward, paranoid, anti-intellectual "preacher" in Oklahoma any day.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2015, 12:22:53 AM »

You are not going to change my mind or even cause me to think.  I believe what the Bible says more than I believe what any man says.  The Bible was written by 40 men, but authored by God Himself. That point cannot be disproven. The Bible is the ultimate authority on life on earth and after.  There is no scholar who is above the Bible.  God authored the Bible and since no one can dispute that God is the ultimate authority about the existence of the universe (which He created), then I am going to believe God and His Word over some obsolete scholar.  And, yes, the Apostle John wrote the Gospel of John, 1,2,3 John, and Revelation.  Nobody can seriously question that.

Do not talk to me about it anymore.  You are not going to change my mind.  Ever.  Period.

Christ almighty, this post hurts my head.

Just because something cannot be disproven, it ignores that it also can't be proven. But since "faith" fundamentally requires no evidence to justify it, you end up in a "logic" circle. You can't disprove it, therefore you're wrong - I don't need to prove it, I'm right. See?

Of course it can be questioned - your central problem is that you've had your capacity for analysis taken away from you. The Bible has been translated, re-translated - re-structured, re-ordered and written over a thousand years

"You are not going to change my mind.  Ever.  Period" - what are you so afraid of? If your faith was secure, you wouldn't be afraid of asking questions...

Your Church and its views on Biblical interpretation are doing all who go a terrible disservice. I'd trust biblical scholars, who ACTUALLY understand what the Bible was ACTUALLY saying, over some backward, paranoid, anti-intellectual "preacher" in Oklahoma any day.

The reason I say that adamantly is I believe that there is no book or no written publication higher than the Bible.  I believe it is infallible and inerrant.  2 Timothy 3:16 says "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness."  Virtually every Christian believer understands that God Himself cannot lie.  Therefore, if Scripture is given by inspiration of God, or God-breathed as some translations say, then I believe that God told each of the 40 writers like Moses, Joshua, Paul, etc. what to write.

About your hesitancy of the translations, I understand where you're coming from, which is why a lot of preachers I know, including myself, like to go back to the original Hebrew (Old Testament), Greek (New Testament), and Aramaic (Gospels) to properly understand the Bible.  If we go back to what is originally written, then we can avoid having to trust men.  Because, as you well know, these scholars are just men and don't know everything.  They don't have the mind of God.  Also, I might remind you that it doesn't take years of seminary school to understand the Bible.  All one needs to understand the Bible as it was meant to be understood is the Holy Spirit, which is the third person of the Trinity.  He is the best teacher.  Two of my pastors never had a single unit of seminary classwork, but I believe they were led by the Holy Spirit.  Were they perfect?  No, but no man is perfect in his teachings, not even the Pope.  I have been told over and over again in my whole life to take what my pastor or any Bible teacher says and match it up with the Bible.  If it doesn't match up with the Bible, then I am to believe the Bible and politely bring it up to the teacher so he may correct it.

Yes, they do.

The Bible is a complex work, written by many people over many many years. Without understanding its context, then most of it doesn't make sense, except as the way your uninformed and uneducated leaders do. No wonder your interpretation is so damaged.

I have news for you... the Bible was written by men as flawed as anyone else.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2015, 09:22:18 AM »

Update Season XXII: You are not going to change my mind or even cause me to think

My recommendation would be Update Season XXII: You Are Not Changing My Mind. Ever. Period.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2015, 10:38:31 PM »

So Bushie... that's 1/3 of your recommended daily caloric intake in one cinnamon roll.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2015, 04:49:29 PM »

Also, anyone else loving the delicious irony of Bushie having the gall to refer to anyone else as a lame duck
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2015, 12:26:17 AM »

I don't think I could be rendered dumb from a post in here, after thinking I was conditioned.

Bushie's suggestion that a poster's legitimate criticism of his childish faith is the work of Satan really takes the cake (assuming Bushie hasn't eaten it already).

Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies