Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:19:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules." (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 222000 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 12, 2015, 06:07:21 PM »

Why would you extend your lease in Tulsa? It just seems like common sense that you'd cancel it.

He doesn't want to ruin his track record of making 100% bad decisions in his life
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 06:14:22 PM »

And is there a good reason that you would be looking out of state?

After I get my bills paid off, the purpose of looking out of state is to get a completely fresh and bigger job market.  DFW is just swarming with jobs, but I can't move down there until I'm out of debt.

Tulsa's unemployment rate is currently 3.6%; Oklahoma City's is 3.5%. It's 4.4% in Dallas and 5.2% in Albuquerque.

Your problem is not a lack of available jobs. Your problem is your work history. Nothing will change if you waste a ton of money by moving again.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 06:25:54 PM »

While that's definitely an issue, I can personally attest to the fact that there are very few entry-level CAD jobs in either Tulsa or Oklahoma City.  Everybody wants experience.  So, how do I get the experience if nobody wants to give me the experience?

Everyone in Dallas and Albuquerque is going to want experience too.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 05:48:14 PM »

incorrect.

retail jobs are the easiest to find.  what was that you said about desperate times?

For someone like Bushie who has been historically unable to hold a job for longer than a couple months at a time, temp jobs are about the only option left open.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 10:35:08 PM »

Bushie, if you're going to keep eating bread, you should at least switch to whole wheat. It won't spike your blood sugar as much.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 01:56:38 AM »

I didn't realize it at the time, but when I was morbidly obese, my eating was a coping mechanism and an addiction. Eating sugar- and carb-laden fast food is a cheap high. It's a pretty ugly cycle, too -- the more you eat, the worse you feel about yourself. And the best, quickest way to feel better is to eat more. (Heading to Braums -- what a treat!)

My weight loss didn't happen because I miraculously found the willpower to stop eating and change my lifestyle all at once. It happened because one day, I made a non-weight-related decision to drink more Gatorade and less Coke. I lost 30 pounds fairly quickly, which surprised me -- and encouraged me to make other small changes to my lifestyle. Like switching from white breads to wheat breads (and from standard pasta to whole wheat pasta, another switch Bushie could easily make to improve his health dramatically).

As you start to reduce the amount of fast-acting sugars you intake, you slowly wean yourself off the addiction. Some people can give up smoking cold turkey; others need a more gradual approach that involves a reduction in smoking frequency and nicotine gum. The cold turkey approach takes a lot of willpower -- a trait Bushie is clearly lacking in. Instead, he needs to make gradual changes to prove to himself that he actually has the power to lose weight (and that it's not nearly as hard as he thought to do so).

Bushie definitely needs a fundamental change in lifestyle, but expecting him to embrace one overnight will simply never happen.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 07:42:28 PM »

Yes, sadly, these recruiters are risking their own careers every time they place ODF at a firm.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 02:46:30 AM »

just watching that gave me diabetes
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 05:48:01 PM »

Because your a liar. Liars go to hell, even if they pray for forgiveness. He told me this.

I know this is true because Irvin Baxter tells me so.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2015, 10:06:17 PM »

For the record, one Cinnabon has 880 calories.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 01:52:03 AM »

So Bushie... that's 1/3 of your recommended daily caloric intake in one cinnamon roll.

I did not have a Cinnabon.  I had a cinnamon roll from Braum's.  According to this website: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/en/nutrition-facts-calories/braums/2 - It was 460 calories for an entire roll.

The Braum's website suggests its 500 (largely empty) calories.

Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2015, 02:43:40 PM »

There is no ban on trans fats.

In 2013, the FDA officially announced that they are not generally recognized as safe. As a result, most companies abandoned their use of them.

Of course, no one can make teams fats illegal. That would violate Bushie's OKLAHOMA FREEDOMS. Freedom to get sicker than he currently is now.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2015, 09:48:55 PM »

Losing 8 pounds does not come by slothful eating.  That's how much I've lost.

Unfortunately, Bushie, when you weigh as much as you do, 8 pounds is the "margin of error." No one weighs the same thing from day to day.

Besides, I'm healthier and leaner now at 185 pounds than I was at 135 pounds. What matters is not the number on the scale -- muscle weighs more than fat, after all -- but your waist size. When your existing clothes no longer fit correctly and you need to go out and buy new, smaller sizes, then you can claim real success.

I can remember the first time I shopped for new clothes at Kohls after losing weight. I dropped from a size 42 to a size 38, and it felt like the best thing in the world.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 12:48:22 AM »

Do you think Obama is part of the reason you have had no luck on the employment front?

I'm not going to blame him.  I don't think he has that much control.

Curse this lowest unemployment rate in 7 years!
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 08:11:49 PM »

RFayette, I have placed you on ignore because Satan has gotten a hold of you.  What do I do with Satan?  Ignore him.

I think a more appropriate twist here would be for Bushie himself to be Satan. After all, who else would work so tirelessly to twist religion for his own gain? Who else would take great, well-meaning Christian helpers like J-Mann and wear them down to the point he has? Who else would be so accustom to fire and brimstone that he finds it painful to endure the 2-inch snowstorm of the century?
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 11:40:59 PM »

Actually, I love fruit.  Apples, oranges, grapes, bananas, strawberries, peaches, nectarines are all delicious!

Reported for trolling.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 11:26:53 AM »

Dude. She doesn't want to be good friends. She wants the D. Stop being so timid. You're the only two people in each others lives attracted to each other.

She's seen how much Bushie has changed and improved his life since she lost him and wants back in on the train to Successtown
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2015, 12:29:29 PM »

Update on Allison:  We are back to being good friends.  She was in Tulsa yesterday for a doctor's appointment and she called and asked if she could stop by for a few minutes.  I was happy to have her over.  We visited about several things for about 30 minutes including a non-profit business that she is trying to start up and obtain a 501 (3) (c) status on it.  She wants me to hop on board with her handling the social media platform as kind of a second job from my regular job.  It is a side business for her and she is keeping her job at the university because of the health insurance.  She doesn't have the luxury of Indian Health Care.  I need more information on the business before I go into it with her, such as what it does, but it is a nice gesture at the very least.

So she wants to start her own version of On.Co. and wants suckers to invest.  Brilliant way of getting back at Our Dear Friend for being a dick and dumping her twice.

Bushie would agree: The third dump is always the most productive.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2015, 07:55:59 PM »

I have an interview at a grocery store as part of a mass hiring event that is opening up in the Tulsa area tomorrow at 1300.

Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 03:09:49 AM »

In terms of grocery stores, Bushie, [Redacted] is a pretty good one.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2015, 04:01:51 PM »

It's a Lenten miracle! $10/hr is definitely enough to cover your rent.

Google also says [redacted] gives a 15% discount to employees on food stuffs.

Eat there plenty and cut the cable to a lower package and you can make it there, Bushie.

Unfortunately, the nature of [redacted] as a healthy-living type store (complete with organic foods) makes it more expensive than average. I suppose that's part of why they can pay $10/hour.

The good news is that with Walmart to raise its rate of pay to $10, and with Marshalls/TJ Maxx following suit, [redacted] will likely need to bump its pay levels soon after if Bushie is hired. (If, if, if.)
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2015, 02:33:23 AM »

I might be able to get a career going here and start a 401(k) just in case I do not go to Kenya to stay.

You should start the 401(k) either way. Going to Kenya (hopefully) has no bearing on whether you will one day reach retirement age.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2015, 08:01:58 PM »

Well, you can't criticize him for that. I do hope he learns about meat and how to cook it. Most people will ask things like that and not random technicalities of cuts of meat.

Again, being in an apartment and not owning a grill makes it rather difficult to properly cook meat.

Oh my god, Bushie

Lesson number one: Most meat is not cooked on a grill.

You really should spend the next couple of weeks buying different type of meat and trying to cook them. You will not have your job long if you don't. This isn't an ordinary supermarket you're going to be working at.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2015, 10:26:19 PM »

Your employer really should be running a credit check on your dad, since he's the one paying for everything (including the super deluxe cable package).
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2015, 06:49:48 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2015, 06:51:28 PM by Former Moderate »

I would like to know more about the coke binges. How much coke does he drink in one binge? How frequently does he binge? Is he ashamed of his binges and is that why we've never heard of them until now?

I will reiterate that I lost approximately 40 pounds solely by switching out soda for Gatorade. Drinking soda is easily one of the most destructive things you can do to your body. Even Coke now suggests that soda is a "special treat," and not something to be binged on, can after can, bottle after bottle.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles/2014-07-31/coca-cola-sales-decline-health-concerns-spur-relaunch
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies