Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:54:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules." (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 221943 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 12, 2015, 12:27:28 PM »

Scrap the pedo mustache if you go to Macy's

Regardless if you go to Macy's or not, you need to get rid of that stache.  It is horrendous.

We've tried this.  He won't.  He has some infatuation with keeping that ridiculous thing.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 07:51:20 PM »

Game-planning again?  This is ominous.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 08:34:40 PM »

Why won't you at least try the Uber thing, in which you can set your own hours and dress code and quit more easily than any other job?

There's literally no reason not to give Uber a brief try. If you hate it, you've lost nothing and still got a little positive cash flow from it.

^^^

If you're getting desperate for something to do as a job, (and obviously you are if you would even consider a sales job), why won't you at least consider Uber, where you can start right away, set your own hours, your own dress code, and most importantly, can actually do the job?

Remember, if you hate it, it's easier to quit than any other job, so there's no drawback at all. Are you just being obstinate on purpose?

I'm just leery of letting the wrong people into my car.  I'm talking about thugs whose sole intention is to do me harm.  Does Uber screen their clients?  I know that's an outrageous fear, but it's something I think about.  Also, if I did do this, they would have to listen to Christian music for the entire ride.  No exceptions.

Bushie, why would there be "no exceptions" to Christian music?  Is any non-Christian music the devil to you?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 08:59:22 PM »

Also, if I did do this, they would have to listen to Christian music for the entire ride.  No exceptions.

What about non-denominational Christmas music?

Bushie doesn't believe in that.  I think even Rudolph has some spiritual meaning to him.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 10:03:54 PM »

With all due respect, Bushie, you're just making excuses with regards to Uber and fast-food work. You know you need income - you know that so well that you would have taken that crappy sales job if the forum had not decided to dissuade you from it, because, in your words "I need income".

I see little need to reiterate every counter the forum has already made to your excuses, I simply want you to think about the hole you are trapping yourself in. You literally need to take ANY legitimate job at this point - I don't care if it's legitimate sales, or Uber, or Walmart, or McDonalds, but you need to stop making stupid excuses, realize the very dire situation you're in, and apply to practically everything. Let's face it - you finding a CADD job could take months or years - so don't just apply to one or two things, thinking... "Well, well, I'll do this to get the forum off my back....", as you will be in an extremely bad situation if you don't get a job between now and the end of may, and I don't think you truly realize it. Essentially, just stop making excuses and apply to everything.

--------------

Anyways, I don't think I've seen a mention of what you've eaten today. go.

He napped all day, so there's no way he walked.  I'm gonna guess he went for some Braum's upon awakening from his Snorlaxian state.

EDIT: I'm going to keep my prediction there despite Bushie's post.  Color me shocked.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 10:17:19 PM »

Yea, I'll definitely take the Christmas music from Bushie over the talk that starts with, "Have you been saved?" or the infinitely more inane, "Have you heard the good news?".
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 10:00:27 AM »

I suppose Bushie can wear his shirt and tie to the dealership.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 10:25:03 AM »

Nah, Grumps is right, I've been napping for most of the day. 

Do you have any idea how repulsive that is given your current status and all that your family is doing for you?

Bushie is petered out from doing applications the previous day so he needs a nap and there's NOTHING WRONG with that and DONT YOU DARE mention his family you have NO IDEA what you're talking about.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 10:37:46 AM »

This job search day is off to a great start.   I've only been searching since 0900 and I've already got an interview with another recruiter today at 1330.  It's not an interview, but its the first bite on anything I've had this week.

😟 uhhhhhh.... What?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 02:22:20 PM »

Why does Bushie always go through these shady recruiters. Can't he just go to target.com and apply for a job?

When you submit your resume to a recruiter, they call you immediately and pump sunshine up your butt. Bushie likes instant gratification. It's why he takes scam jobs that off him the "job" in the middle of the interview.

I thought God was Bushie's recruiter?  Does God need to use the phone?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 04:05:55 PM »

I am home from the meeting.  He has one, maybe two, positions he is going to submit me for in the IT industry, and he should be able to submit the first one either this afternoon or first thing Monday.  He said they are usually pretty quick about getting back to setting up an interview and then quick making the decision after the interview.

I also got a rejection e-mail from Macy's, so that one's out.

What did you apply to do at Macy's?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 10:02:27 PM »

"Higher-end call center"

Bushie, you never disappoint.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2015, 08:37:30 PM »

I had walked everyday Saturday through Thursday, so I took yesterday off, but will get back out there for a little bit today.

So have you done this yet?

And what was for dinner, yesterday and today?

Yes, I got out there for 20 minutes this afternoon before the cold front came through.

Yesterday, I went out for Mexican food and tonight, I had 4 slices of pizza.  The dinners weren't good, but I have been keeping up with the water.  Generally having 3-4 glasses a day.  Tomorrow, I will get back to cooking my own meals as the roads will likely be slick in the evening with sleet and snow overnight into Monday morning.  I don't plan on going anywhere on Monday, either, so I will eat in that night, as well.

Domino's slices?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2015, 09:56:18 AM »

What does a call center look like?  Is it endless rows of desks or is it more like Workaholics?  Bushie should just drop the Christian lifestyle nonsense and find some recent college grads to room with and spend his days smoking/drinking/partying.  Yea... That's a lot to ask, but I think he could wind up being like Animal House's Flounder.

"We're goin' to go to a stripping club!?  Oh boy!  Oh booooooooy!"
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2015, 11:34:49 AM »

Bushie, why are you wary of people who smoke pot?  It's demonstrably less harmful than even caffeine in most cases.  Does the Bible say one word about pot?  And if it does not, aren't any "rules" you are getting about pot coming directly from fellow fallible sinners like yourself?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2015, 12:51:20 PM »

Bushie, why are you wary of people who smoke pot?  It's demonstrably less harmful than even caffeine in most cases.  Does the Bible say one word about pot?  And if it does not, aren't any "rules" you are getting about pot coming directly from fellow fallible sinners like yourself?

As King once pointed out, the only parts of the Bible one could read as condemning marijuana use would be the stuff about your body being a temple, and LOL if Bushie wants to seriously wants to make that argument.

Yea, that would be insane.  (Though not beyond him to do so)  More likely just an effect of the fact that Christians of his ilk hardly want anyone in their tribe to be doing too much thinking or mind-expanding. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2015, 02:01:49 PM »

Indy, as strange as it may sound.  If that dictator was truly a born again Christian then yes God views him as a success.  God doesn't look at actions to judge whether one enters heaven or not, He judges solely by the heart and whether that heart has accepted His Son's sacrifice as atonement.  No sin is worse than any other sin.  If you think that's a horrible God, then look at it this way, nobody deserves heaven.  We all deserve hell.  He extends His grace freely to anyone who would believe regardless of good or bad deeds.  Even the best thing we could do is a filthy rag in the sight of God, so He extends His grace to cover our sin.  When God looks at Christians, He sees Us through the blood of Jesus, not for what we really are (which is total worthlessness).

Bushie, do you realize how despicable and dangerous that type of ideology is? 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2015, 03:11:24 PM »

You guys are acting like these beliefs are part of some obscure sect like snakehandling, very problematic but also limited to a few isolated nutters. Although the SBC doesn't require a specific doctrine for membership, this is their de facto position. They are the largest Protestant denomination in the US and thoroughly dominate religious life in a very large part of the country. I usually avoid discussing religion with coworkers, but years ago, a middle age woman from Alabama I worked with was expressing her dissatisfaction with the Baptist view of salvation. How awful it is, but then she added "but that's just the way it is." She believed it unquestionably even as she found it morally repugnant. And in much of the country, that's just how it is. And she was a very middle class well spoken type who worked in an office. She was not a 300 lb man child who spends his day eating Braum's and napping.

No argument here, memph.  However, most religiouses have enough of a connection with common sense and reality to not spew the filth Bushie does.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2015, 04:07:11 PM »

I believe what I believe.  There's no need in criticizing me for it.  What I am telling you is from the Bible.  It's not from the Catholic Church (who's teachings are not always correct).  My views come from the Bible and a lifetime of great men and women of God teaching me.  We cannot earn salvation.  No one can.  Salvation instead is a free gift.  This forum doesn't understand the concept of grace, apparently.  I could never do anything to earn my salvation.  I can only get to heaven through Jesus Christ (John 14:6).  No one can ever hope to earn their salvation.  If they base their attempt to reach God on their own works, then they will be sadly mistaken and disappointed when they leave this earth.  Everyone has to come to salvation through Jesus Christ alone.  Ephesians 2:8-9 says "For it is by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works lest anyone should boast."  This specifically says that we cannot earn our own salvation.  Since we know the Bible is 100% inerrant and infallible, this is the spoken word of God and thus no one can question the validity of any of the content of the 66 books of the Bible.

Anyway, I don't feel like discussing it any further.  You all refuse to see my point of view and instead are intent on bashing me over the head for my beliefs.

HockeyDude!  Religion isn't bad!  It's all just swell.  You're just a big meanie!
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2015, 05:00:44 PM »

David Koresh was definitely a Christian, based on my understanding of Branch Davidianism. As is Joseph Kony; even if he has some unorthodox beliefs, he still, presumably, accepts Jesus or whatever.

I highly doubt either men were Christians.  It's certainly possible, because I don't know the true nature of their hearts, but from what I know about them, I seriously doubt it.  If the mentioned dictator that started all this discussion was that brutal, then I have to seriously question his conversion.  It is possible for him to have been saved AFTER the heinous massacres, but if he was saved BEFORE the massacres, I highly doubt he would have committed the crimes because true salvation brings about a change of heart and a change of direction in life.  I quoted Ephesians 2:8-9 earlier.  Ephesians 2:10 says "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."  This verse says that while works does not bring about salvation itself, salvation causes good works.  Good works are proof that we have been saved, but is not salvation itself.  No one is out of the reach of God's grace.  The Holy Spirit's urging on their lives may become duller and duller to the point it has no effect or cannot be heard by the person continuing to harden their heart and continually rejecting or "pushing back" the wooing of the Holy Spirit, but they are never completely out of reach until they die.  Once a person breathes his last on earth, their window of opportunity for salvation is closed permanently and their fate is sealed.

Ok... So ACTUAL Christians can't be bad people because Jesus.  Oh dear...
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2015, 08:56:08 AM »

Why would any adult go to Red Robin? It's basically Chuck E. Cheese.

Well these Christians don't drink/smoke/curse/etc. so it makes sense for them to straddle line between activities fit for a child and those fit for an old.  I still giggle when I think about Bushie and his church friends all drinking soda at the bowling alley.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2015, 10:10:26 AM »

Hmmmm? Bushie never said he hates Catholics, quite the opposite in fact:

things ive learned over the last few pages:

1. only southern baptists go to heaven

2.  bushie still spends money for no good reason.

Nowhere have I ever said or implied that only Southern Baptists go to heaven.  The only requirement to go to heaven is that one admits to God they're a sinner, believes that Jesus died on the cross for their sin, and ask Him to come into their hearts and save them.  That's it.  Pure and simple.  Anybody can do that, not just Southern Baptists.  I have many friends who are Methodist, Nazarene, Catholic, and other denominations, and the entry requirement into heaven is the same across the board.

Couple other posts too but that's the first one I found.

I'm more interested in if Bushie has any Jewish friends... hell... if he even knows one.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2015, 11:28:46 AM »

Bushie, you do know that any restaurant worth a damn these days has at least somewhat healthy options on a menu?  Eating out does not have to mean a bacon cheese quadrupa-burger with ranch.  Order a chicken caesar salad or something.

Would you like the recipe to my delicious morning breakfast smoothie?  It's nutrient rich and fantastic, and I usually don't feel like eating again until mid-afternoon.  And that means I'm less hungry at dinner and don't stuff my face. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2015, 01:56:37 PM »

How many hours has this nap lasted, Bushie?
Bushie not being online /=/ him sleeping

You clearly don't know ODF

Especially on a self-imposed snow day. Guaranteed he's napping on the couch watching The Weather Channel.

Is he still billing himself as Oklahoma's premier go-to news source for all severe weather?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2015, 03:52:44 PM »

Yea... eat a damn salad. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies