Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:31:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules." (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 222855 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: February 13, 2015, 03:13:45 PM »
« edited: February 13, 2015, 03:15:38 PM by SMilo »

Have you considered Bakersfield? I think you would like it there.

Cost of living is way too high.  Plus Oklahoma > California.

I ask because Bakersfield is just like Oklahoma, but far enough away that it would be a different experience.

Bushie likes country music so presumably he knows what happens to the vagrants on the "Streets of Bakersfield". Oklahoma provides unconditional support. Major difference in his world.

Just don't go 'spend some time in San Francisco' and it would be a lovely experience!
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 09:03:37 PM »

This was still near the height of the recession in May 2012 that I was let go.

I don't understand how you can just make that statement. At this point, the economy had grown beyond pre-recession levels. You got hired around the point of the first post-recession blip.

I don't mean to blame it on you, but just be accurate about it. We are on a political site, so these small differences of a year are very important. The reasoning is entirely based on the company at the time. I think that's when talks of Dell going private and their continuing poor performance were ongoing.

FWIW, I think that'd be fantastic if you could find something like that. Especially if you enjoyed it. Would be better than the other stuff that you have been offered.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 10:30:20 PM »

I haven't heard about the headaches in awhile from you. Normally eating healthier would mitigate their intensity (or so I would logically think). Have you experienced that? I know pizza/Mexican is not the best, but it's better than/less than what you've had for months.

I would also hope fresh air can help too. You've got to continuing walking. 10 minutes isn't good enough. You've really got to push yourself. I know today is wasted, but make a change tomorrow. 10 minutes is going in the wrong direction. If you have to start slower than others, fine. I don't expect 5 miles, but you've got to show incremental progress, and you've got to hold yourself to goals.

That Oklahoma loss was probably the last straw of a bad day. I don't mean to rub it in because the Big XII is just absolutely brutal. Road games, man. OSU got it bad too. At least they should be set for March.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 04:10:30 PM »

So Hitler and Kony will be in heaven, while Gandhi will be going straight to hell. Gotta love American evangelicalism.

Hitler and Kony were not Christians either.  They are a little hot under the collar themselves.

This is invoking moral actions, no?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 07:32:01 PM »

The funny thing is that I spent roughly double that time just walking around campus to and from classes today.

Yeah, I too have a 15 minute walk to class and back and I walk there rough 3 times a day. That's an hour and a half. In 0-5 degree weather this week. You gota do something like up the reps or something at the very least.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 11:16:21 AM »
« Edited: February 17, 2015, 11:24:20 AM by SMilo »

Wow, that happened fast! That's a good start for such a short time. But know, you can do so much more considering how little you walked and how many cheats (listed below) occurred plus you need to remain disciplined. Please keep focus. I hope you are seeing this is very possible.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 06:55:14 PM »

I am going to use one of my eat out meals tonight and indulge in a little Braum's.

Use at your own discretion, but NOT Braum's!! Seriously, unless it's a salad, I'd stay away.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 08:29:18 AM »

I hope you consider doing the Ash Wednesday fast even if not a requirement religiously.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 05:35:25 PM »

I wonder if Bushie also thinks the Pentateuch had a single author.
He doesn't think that. He knows. It's fact that Moses wrote all five books except for the part where he dies.

Except for the three different writing styles and characterizations that pervade most of it, though maybe Moses was just schizophrenic. Also, I've heard it said that Moses did write the part where he died as well.

Except the rest of the Bible conforms that Moses wrote those books.

Isn't it a pretty much accepted that a woman wrote Genesis 2?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 09:37:14 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2015, 09:54:02 PM by SMilo »

Is there anything finer than having a flashback memory of great old Bushie post and then finding it and reading it and having a good ol' chuckle again?

Like his plan to take his new girlfriend on a date to go see the G-rated kids film Fly Me to the Moon. Sexy.

My girlfriend and I are going on a double date this Friday to see Fly Me to the Moon.  Its just a simple animated G-rated movie (something my generation won't even touch), only 95 minutes long, but we're looking forward to it.  Its in Dolby-Digital 3D.

Is that the same one where he had to be convinced to upgrade the 2nd date from McDonald's to IHOP? That's one of my favorite Update moments. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Judging by the date, I think it just might be. Actually, that's pre-Update Sad But it just goes to show his type.

Our very own version of "The Susie". The parallels to Seinfeld are uncanny. That's how you know this is legit.

Found the quote. Even funnier in hindsight.
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 12:13:21 PM »

You should probably get a job first before getting a second job. Usually that's how those work.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 03:04:08 PM »

Bushie have you ever used a "social media platform" beyond Facebook?

Facebook is the only social media platform available in Oklahoma.

There's a lot of nice Jeff Brown's from Tulsa on LinkedIn. The first one's even an IT Manager. This is like looking at Bushie in all the alternative universes. One's even a transformational speake...oh wait, he's not white. If there's no racists there, then race can't exist.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 07:44:29 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2015, 07:55:52 PM by SMilo »

He also views divorce as more immoral and unforgivable as a sin than premartial sex, which is still sinful but redeemable.

Guess which of those two sins Bushie accidentally committed.

Wait wait wait, I guess this was before my time: How did Bushie accidentally have sex?

I don't think it was "accidental" per se. it was right after he got engaged in Arkansas, no? And then the engagement with Tiffanye ended. (And from what I can dig up, there was another time three years earlier which we don't talk about because it's not part of the story.)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2015, 10:07:54 PM »
« Edited: February 26, 2015, 04:32:44 AM by SMilo »

EDIT: Did not see not to share. Very sorry for missing the initial post.

But it's a healthy living! Seriously? I guess we were due for some post-conflict irony in the storyline.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 02:54:41 PM »

Oh, wow that's awesome and incredibly fast! And the pay is solid. Good going!

Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat (literally this time)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 10:52:16 PM »

I'm amazed that somebody who's been to college can be as downright uncomfortable with pot smokers as Bushie apparently is, regardless of whether he personally approves of it or not.

An Oklahoma college town literally inspired the immortalized lyric: "We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee." It's not that surprising down there.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 07:25:25 PM »

Everything you just said is correct, and I know how hard it could be. Just remember what someone said pages back. It takes quite awhile to break an addiction (20 days?). I gave up Coke for Lent two years ago when I drank it all the time. Now I can effectively manage it to about two a week.

I know you can do it too if you can withhold cheat days on that (Sunday exceptions were not used by me). Breaking a habit is hard, but it requires focus. It's probably much harder for you with the lack of an obvious alternative, but have you tried anything else? Even stuff like iced tea is marginally better. What about Coke Zero? Switch that in for water now and then. (I presume that's not too bad. Haven't heard much about it.)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 11:03:54 PM »

Brutal home loss for Tulsa with that pair of missed free throws followed by a three. Still believe? I'm thinking "First Four" at this point. That SMU game will be great.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2015, 05:08:23 PM »

I've had a life insurance policy since 2005.  It's a pretty big one, too.
WHY???

Who do you provide for monetarily that would be desolate if something unfortunate occurred?

I hope I'm not coming across as rude, but I don't understand the logic in that. Who's paying these premiums?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2015, 02:09:36 PM »

Bushie, the issue is that your tastes--id est, 'what you like'--are, for the most part, maladaptive. Nobody's saying you can't like what you like, but you really should force yourself to do things that you don't like but know are good for you more often. 'He who exalts himself shall be humbled, and he who humbles himself shall be exalted', remember?

Code for you can like what you like, just don't eat it.

Sounds similar to the fundie (and heck, even Catholic) response to sexuality. We don't have to dive into that argument yet again, but it's really uncanny.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2015, 05:23:48 PM »

I'm most surprised that Sprint has data service in Oklahoma considering the few in the tristate with Sprint can't ever seem to get coverage.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2015, 07:45:15 PM »

Oklahoma, where the only thing that's high is their chosen cost of living.

My family got a pack of 10 cases for $5 when we upgraded. Not glamorous, but they do the job.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2015, 08:59:40 PM »

In the words of Obama they did not act in the spirit of Islam.  So, yes, you can criticize them and you should.

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2015, 09:48:04 PM »

Back in the day when I had unlimited data and used it excessively streaming YouTube music videos, I think the most I hit in a month was 9 GB.

Currently I stream just about every sports game using WatchESPN no matter where I am, and at max, I slightly exceed 4 GB a month (usually much less). The rest of my family is excessively concerned about data, but they barely even combine for 1 GB no matter how much they use Pandora in the car. We never even come close to our data limit.

You by yourself are never going to be going over 3 GB in a month unless you are actively trying to. Accessing Atlas or Facebook or E-mail uses next to nothing. You won't even get to .3 GB from those sources.

Do yourself a favor and check. The worst you can do is spend a second comparing the cost.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2015, 10:14:44 PM »

Full disclosure, I work for a cell carrier (I won't say which one, though it should probably be obvious.)

I'm most surprised that Sprint has data service in Oklahoma considering the few in the tristate with Sprint can't ever seem to get coverage.

Oklahoma probably has great cell service almost everywhere. It's very flat, which is all that's really needed for strong service. If the Tri-state area you're referring to is where I think it is, then it's rather hilly, and mountains and valleys are the biggest problem with cell coverage, I've only managed to find one dead spot in North Dakota of all places and it's at the bottom of a natural bowl. Granted I know Sprint's coverage in North Dakota is pretty weak, but that's true for any non-Verizon carrier and has more to do with market forces (Verizon established a near monopoly in the Dakotas before any other carrier thought of setting up there and now dominates the market so thoroughly it's pretty hard for any others to break in so most haven't bothered offering anything but very bare bones service for passers-through.)

I was jokingly speaking about the state having infrastructure. I know it's an ideal spot.
(And NY/NJ/CT was my reference not that it's relevant to my point other than being developed.)
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies