Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:14:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules." (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 222023 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« on: February 12, 2015, 12:09:15 AM »

I've been meaning to point out that there's no rule (that I'm aware of) that would prohibit Uber drivers from wearing a tie. If that's a hangup for Bushie, just drive for Uber and dress how you want.

Bushie, why don't you apply and just try it for a couple days? Because Uber lets you make your own schedule, it's the perfect stopgap job, and if you hate it after 2 days, you can quit and never do it again.

Bushie can't handle doing something he didn't think of himself, then he won't be seen as a smart cookie.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 07:52:14 AM »

Driving for Uber would be the perfect excuse for Papa to cosign on a NEW car
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 10:01:53 AM »

Bushie, you're never going to be a manager of anybody or move up any corporate ladder. It's not your personality. When you were employed, you spent all day listening to the radio and sprinted home the second it was time to clock out. Nobody promotes the solitary guy to management. Plus, you always love to do the bare minimum in terms of work. That is not management material.

It also makes no sense for you to want to become a manager if you have "God's plan of Kenya," which requires you to quit any career you have in the States.

You need to settle down and pick one pie in the sky fantasy to focus on: Do you want to be a manager? Do you to move to Kenya? Do you want to just be a worker ant who covers his bills with the luxury of no responsibility?

You can't have it all here.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 03:00:10 PM »

Bushie doesn't get food poisoning. He gets "stomach bugs" that are going around that everybody gets and have nothing to do with what he eats and there's nothing wrong with that.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 03:49:06 PM »

Hiding the facial fat is something to do if you've put on a few pounds and it's only noticeable in the face. At 47 BMI, there's nothing to hide.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 04:45:35 PM »

Meh, the mustache with the plaid just makes you look like a hick.

I think the pedophilia look is the mustache complimented  by the neck fat and the horribly bland nerdy fashion.

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 05:13:24 PM »

Ugh, he probably went in to work to reject the job offer in person, only to be sweet-talked into taking it anyway.

And then he was murdered by his new boss Jeffrey Dahmer. RIP.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 05:53:00 PM »

It's clear there's no job opportunities in Tulsa. You should move to New Mexico Bushie. ABQ minimum wage is $8.50 and Santa Fe is $11.

You can make bank and have all the taco salad  you want.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 07:01:06 PM »

If you can prove in your cover letter and interview that you know as much about CAD as someone with 2 years experience, you'll be able to land the job. However,  we all know you probably know less about CAD than the average person with 5 months experience
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 09:42:57 PM »

I've rode Uber a few times when I was out of town and have not experienced a driver listening to music. Some have headphones. Imagine forcing the person who is paying you money to listen to your music is a big no-no.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 09:45:25 PM »

I just put in another retail-esque application at a Window Cleaning company (Car Wash) for the following two positions:

Power Washing Dealer Lot Cars
 Professional Window Cleaner

I am going to PM Smash and J-Mann and get their thoughts.

Unless it's offering you minimum wage, it's a scam.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 09:53:48 PM »

I just put in another retail-esque application at a Window Cleaning company (Car Wash) for the following two positions:

Power Washing Dealer Lot Cars
 Professional Window Cleaner

I am going to PM Smash and J-Mann and get their thoughts.

Unless it's offering you minimum wage, it's a scam.

I don't believe that at all.  Many jobs that offer more than minimum wage are not scams.

Yes, but nobody offers you to clean windows for more than minimum wage unless there's an MLM where you sell window cleaner involved.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 10:07:03 PM »

I'd much rather the driver in my uber be playing Christmas music than try to make awkward small talk with me, as is usually the case.

Now that I think of it... the guy who unironically plays Christmas music in the middle of March would be the most popular driver among Uber circles and a great story for any drunken pickup to tell all his friends about.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2015, 11:53:12 PM »

$10 makes sense.

I was just assuming you saw a fast cash $3000/week washing cars ad, as per usual.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2015, 09:49:42 AM »

Washing cars would be good for him, even if he can't lift the grease pan over the Porsche without spilling grease all over it.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2015, 10:09:46 AM »

BTW, for those wondering about the grease pan excuse, I believe many seasons ago, Bushie mentioned in passing he was fired from KFC in high school for spilling grease
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2015, 12:12:26 PM »

Taxis out west are overpriced garbage and very inconvenient to call for use. They only work in a few cities out here like San Francisco and Denver that have vibrant downtown areas.

Uber will definitely take off here for its simplicity and overrun the taxi companies.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2015, 02:02:06 PM »

In Kansas City, a cab driver has to pay a $500-per-week leasing fee for his cab; plus, they don't eat what they kill. A big portion of everything they make is going back to the owner, as well. That's why cab drivers have become so irritating about tips ... they're critical for their own survival. On the other hand, I think it's annoying as hell to be expected to tip a cab driver on top of an already-overpriced ride simply because the cab company is running a giant scheme.

So basically, something Jeff would absolutely say yes to?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2015, 02:08:30 PM »

Why does Bushie always go through these shady recruiters. Can't he just go to target.com and apply for a job?

When you submit your resume to a recruiter, they call you immediately and pump sunshine up your butt. Bushie likes instant gratification. It's why he takes scam jobs that off him the "job" in the middle of the interview.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2015, 08:19:09 PM »

My company's contracted IT guys were in today doing server maintenance and I casually talked to them about Bushie (just that he's a friend with an IT area BS looking to get back in).

They said he might as well not have any education at all with a degree from 2003. Real legitimate IT companies demand continuing education and lots of it. Unless you are self-employed, if you haven't earned a new certificate in something in the past 3-5 years, you're basically considered out of the business when applying for a new job, or trying to keep your current one.

If an IT company is offering Bushie a "job", the quotation marks should be just that.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2015, 09:41:56 PM »

Bushie: Professional Call Center Trainee
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2015, 10:53:20 PM »

I am ready to settle down into a career and I think this Help Desk could be the ticket to do just that.

But are you still planning to move to Kenya in a few years?  You're going to settle down into a career, before leaving it behind to live in Kenya?

If things fall in place, then yes, Kenya is still in the plans.  I'm confident they will.  A Help Desk job would be a good way to make the money needed to pay off my debt and make the move to Kenya.  If things for Kenya do not fall in place, which I do not believe will happen, a Help Desk career can be a good way to save up for retirement.

But then how is it a "career" if you're only going to be doing it for a couple of years?  Unless you plan to move on to "higher-end call centers" in Kenya.

It can be a career if it needs to be.  I don't know what the future holds.  I have plans to go to Kenya, but God may have something completely different in mind.  I'm using the term 'career' based on the potential it has.

God came down from the Heavens in 2012 and spoke to you and told you specifically he had been preparing you for 30 years to make this move to Kenya.  And that all your hairs are accounted for. It would be pretty weird for him to have different plans for you all of a sudden.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2015, 07:03:41 PM »

Guys, we need to give Bushie the benefit of the doubt here. As he said, when he failed at call centers back in 2012, he was nothing but a young buck of 29 too immature to know better. Now he's a 32 year old man, seasoned and wary of the world.

Now, the call centers he failed at in 2014 and 2013. Those don't count. They weren't help desk.

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2015, 10:19:52 PM »

One call and a date is set? Allison is Thirstie for Bushie.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2015, 01:13:41 PM »

If it at 7,486th you don't succeed, try and try again
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies